Finally, A Reason...

Options
2»

Comments

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I finished Journey. Meh. I was really expecting more. A lot more. Really disappointed with this one.

I'm trying to get into TLOU. I'm still pretty early into the game, maybe an hour, but right now...i'm not understanding the hype. Gotta keep playing.

I picked up Twisted Metal, Killzone 3, Heavy Rain and LittleBigPlanet 2 yesterday and downloaded The Unfinished Swan. I haven't play LittleBigPlanet 2, Heavy Rain or Killzone 3 yet, but i'm diggin The Unfinished Swan and Twisted Metal.

Ni No Kuni, I just don't know if I would ever finish that game so i'm kind of like "why bother" right now.

My homie picked up PSABR. Only being able to score kills with supers effectively kills the gameplay. What were they thinking?

I also now own more PS3 games than 97% of PS3 owners in the last 7 years.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to have to start over TLOU. Only played about an hour, but haven't touched in for three weeks. Not gonna just be able to pick up and go. This is not gaming season lol
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @focus the game is nice.. im about 3 hours into the story mode, and i ? with it. im a the part that came off of the commercial when u first run into hunters. the online MP tho is a very well done knock off of gears of war with small team tactics added in .. there arent any one shot kills, only moltovs can instantly ? you.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    @focus the game is nice.. im about 3 hours into the story mode, and i ? with it. im a the part that came off of the commercial when u first run into hunters. the online MP tho is a very well done knock off of gears of war with small team tactics added in .. there arent any one shot kills, only moltovs can instantly ? you.

Yea, I really need to get back in it. I'm stuck at this one part surrounded by clickers right now. I took a wrong turn or something and can't really go anywhere, so I have to figure out how to get out of that situation. The gameplay can get frustrating to me and the PS3 controller doesn't help, but i'm gonna really put some time in this weekend. The multiplayer always looked cool to me, but I haven't even touched it yet.

I played the first couple levels of LittleBigPlanet 2. I'm enjoying it. Killzone 3 is unplayable. That ? is going back.

Still haven't started Heavy Rain yet.
  • GovernmentCheese
    GovernmentCheese Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @focus

Infamous 2 is alright but it's missions are repititve and the game is quite easy even on it's hardest difficulty imo. Graphic wise, it's a step up from part one but is inferior to Uncharted 3. I'm a huge fan of sandbox games but I think Far Cry 3 is better than Infamous 2 if you're looking for a great open world.

You should really try out Uncharted 1 & 2 aswell. Part 2 is my favorite. Part 3 has great graphics and huge attention to details. For ex. When Drake goes in the water and come back out, his clothes are wet or when he walks in the snow...you see the footprints. Also, has a ton of puzzles if you're into that kind of thing.

• infamous118
    infamous118 Members Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    focus wrote: »
    I don't see how you don't like Uncharted but like the new Tomb Raider

I don't dislike it, I just see no reason to play both. But I digress, so question...the first Uncharted seems like a grind, can I skip it?

The stories aren't related so you don't have to play all or in sequence. But if you do you get a better understanding of the characters and their relationships. I do recommend you play 2 though. The first is good but might feel a bit dated as its 6 years old now.

Oh ok. I thought the stories were more closely tied together. I'll probably play 2 and just start there. I skipped Mass Effect 1 for the same reason (too dated at the time) and those games have more detail and closely related stories and I still loved the sequels. What about Uncharted 3?

I forgot about The Unfinished Swan in my OP. Gotta pick that up too.

Uncharted 1 is cool until you play 2. Then you realize how much 2 ? on it