Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    alissowack wrote: »
    Being a Christian is believing that Jesus (or whatever his proper name is) is the Christ; the Son of ? that through his life, death and ressurection he saved the world from sin.

According to these readings, Garvey does not acknowledge this.

Garvey deep belief in christ and every thing you just said can clearly be seen in his poems

The call of heaven

I've come to learn the story
    Of Jesus in His bright glory;
    That home for sinners set so free
    By love for you and -love for me.

I bow to Thee, Son most Holy;
    In truth Thou art King of Glory.
    So save my soul and make me good
    That I may be where Eli stood.

Thy journey through grim Bethany
    Led to the Cross' sad agony;
    But now Thou art the Lord of Host,
    The Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Now send to me, Light of Glory,
    The message good, true and holy;
    For I am ready now for home,
    No longer in this vale to roam.

His poems do not reflect his "other" writings. If Oceanic's posts about Garvey are correct, he has this "I can save myself" mentality; that he has ? figured out and suggests that others should do the same. He treats Jesus's ministry as a mere example on how to live instead of Jesus being "the Life". Now, this is just based on the findings on this thread and could be a misrepresentation of where his life was when he wrote these things. He could just be a believer. I just don't see how he could be from my skimmings through the thread.

No. You need to read more of his writings oceanic's post and the conculsions he reaches about garvey and his teachings a erroneous and are based on one paragraph. garvey was a protestant christian and became a catholic shortly before he died. Garvey wrote this:

Let others in their sin, in their wickedness seek after the infant Life that Thou gaveist to all
    mankind. We in our simplicity shall find refuge for Thee even in the land of Egypt. Yes, the
    world of sinful, wicked men cried out "Crucify Him! Crucify Him! But Lord because Thou art
    our Master, because Thou art our Prince of peace, because Thou art our Redeemer, we shall
    render unto Thee all help possible, even in bearing the Cross up the heights of Calvary, for in life
    Thou hast been our friend; in death we know Thou shalt remember us, and now that Thou art
    sitting at the right hand of ? , the Father, now that Thou hast conquered death, the grave and
    hell, surely in Thy mercy Thou shalt remember us. So today even though hundreds of years have
    rolled by since Thy crucifixion, we know that there is in Thine heart, there is in Thy soul a warm
    spot for the Sons and Daughters of Africa whose forebears bore the cross for Thee up the heights
    of Calvary to thy crucifixion.
    We sing and shout with the angels; we ring our joy bells; we blow our horns in praise because
    Thou art indeed the Jesus, the Christ, the Emanuel to us, the Son of Righteousness, the Prince of
    Peace.
    As sons and daughters of Africa, may not four hundred millions of us the world over on this
    Christmas morn pray for the redemption of that Motherland which sheltered our Blessed
    Redeemer when the wild, wicked men of the world sought His life; in the same manner wild,
    wicked men seek the lives of Negroes today, and burn, lynch and ? them because they have not
    the strength that makes man mighty. But with the Almighty Power of ? and with the guidance
    and mercy of our Blessed Lord we feel that one day Ethiopia shall stretch forth her hand, and
    whether it be at the second coming or before, we shall all sing our Hosannas, shout our praises to
    ? for freedom, for liberty, for life.

And also :

As with the angels let us sing, "Hail the New Born King, the Prince of Peace, Hail to the Son of
    Righteousness, for with Thee there is life, without Thee there is death"
    . For as thou died upon
    Calvary's mount to make us better, to redeem us from our sins, may we not hope for a
    continuance of that love even for today? and knowing Thee in Thy bountiful love for all
    mankind, may we not further ask that Thy Spirit lighten up our hearts and bring to us by the
    touch of Thy grace, the knowledge of the Everlasting Brotherhood of Man, and the Eternal
    Fatherhood of ? ?

All this is from the philosophies and opinions of marcus garvey a book of his various speeches and writings
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think oceanic is just trying ( in vain ) to find accomplices for his pan atheist beliefs.......

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Only 3 ? discussing this or the others are just too ? stupid to answer?

What do you think about it?

He has more of a Buddhist thought process mixed with heavy christian ideology. A very metaphysical thought process that the average christian should be thinking about. It's your religion so you should really think deeply and channel deeply to understand the roots of your belief like Marcus Garvey done. That's why he is a GOAT and not a sheep.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    I think oceanic is just trying ( in vain ) to find accomplices for his pan atheist beliefs.......

Then you would be wrong. I don't have any use for Garvey's philosophy. I thought most of the book was idiotic and immature. In addition, I think his theological beliefs are erroneous.

So tell me why I need a Christian to support pan atheism?
  • Bodhi
    Options
    It's your religion so you should really think deeply and channel deeply to understand the roots of your belief like Marcus Garvey done.

Are you speaking to me here or in general?

It's interesting that you observe Buddhist thought in his writings. I didn't catch them.
  • zombie
    edited July 2013
    Options

yeah, pretty much he's one of those new age ? i envision this fool sitting under a tree with a crystal around his neck chanting nam myoho renge kyo.

He's a ? buddhist but then has the nerve to want to turn around and ? on theism. Especially the judeo christain islamic ? .

@oceanic wants to help people reach emptiness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXg-MCv-YQQ
  • zombie
    Options

He has more of a Buddhist thought process mixed with heavy christian ideology. A very metaphysical thought process that the average christian should be thinking about. It's your religion so you should really think deeply and channel deeply to understand the roots of your belief like Marcus Garvey done. That's why he is a GOAT and not a sheep.

There is no buddhist throught is garvey. Buddhism is a philosophy of death and nothingness in contrast and in a sense garvey wanted us to be warriors not ? cowards like buddhism would have us be.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    There is no buddhist throught is garvey. Buddhism is a philosophy of death and nothingness in contrast and in a sense garvey wanted us to be warriors not ? cowards like buddhism would have us be.

Ironic how Garvey wanted to be a warrior when the Buddha actually was one, born into the Shakya clan who occupied a section of ancient India historically housing several rich and powerful black empires.

Your Christ tells you to love your enemy and turn the other cheek.

The first Buddhist precept is to abstain from taking life.. similar but a little different from your "thou shalt not ? " based on the fact that the Buddha didn't command his followers to do this or that. He only taught karma and its consequences.
  • bambu
    Options

Then you would be wrong. I don't have any use for Garvey's philosophy. I thought most of the book was idiotic and immature. In addition, I think his theological beliefs are erroneous.

Well if you aren't here to build.......

Then you are trying to destroy...............

& failing miserably..................

• zombie
    edited July 2013
    Options

Ironic how Garvey wanted to be a warrior when the Buddha actually was one, born into the Shakya clan who occupied a section of ancient India historically housing several rich and powerful black empires.

Your Christ tells you to love your enemy and turn the other cheek.

The first Buddhist precept is to abstain from taking life.. similar but a little different from your "thou shalt not ? " based on the fact that the Buddha didn't command his followers to do this or that. He only taught karma and its consequences.

Buddha being born into a warrior class does not mean he was a warrior.

This only proves that buddha was a ? instead of embracing life he ran from it his whole religion is about running from reality. just like how he ran from his role of prince. Christ had the strength to choose to accept the cup that was given to him, to live life until it's end and to give HIS life for what he knew to be true. It's "thou shalt not murder" the ? of abraham will slaughter the wicked.
  • Bodhi
    edited July 2013
    Options

This only proves that buddha was a ? instead of embracing life he ran from it his whole religion is about running from reality. just like how he ran from his role of prince. Christ had the strength to choose to accept the cup that was given to him, to live life until it's end and to give HIS life for what he knew to be true. It's "thou shalt not murder" the ? of abraham will slaughter the wicked.

...then the ? of Abraham is a hypocrite for the murders he committed throughout the Bible.

Buddha did not run from anything as you claim. The purpose of his journey was to abandon a life of naivety and to return with the teachings of the greater spiritual life as he did for his wife, his son and his state. He set to overthrow the caste system, the biggest hindrance to his people, and thus was a true warrior.

Christ died a lunatic and ultimately in vain with no wife nor children and a bunch of gullible sheep waiting for his "return"... all the while continuing to be persecuted by the Roman government.
  • Bodhi
    edited July 2013
    Options

.. you don't see anybody checking for your circle 7 thread do you? If I did indeed fail, you would have been able to properly defend it and the real Muslims wouldn't be in there agreeing with me.

I'm here to build by debate. Inevitably, weak theories and ideas are crushed under the weight of stronger ones. I Can't help that... and neither can your gods.
  • zombie
    Options

...then the ? of Abraham is a hypocrite for the murders he committed throughout the Bible.

Buddha did not run from anything as you claim. The purpose of his journey was to abandon a life of naivety and to return with the teachings of the greater spiritual life as he did for his wife, his son and his state. He set to overthrow the caste system, the biggest hindrance to his people, and thus was a true warrior.

Christ died a lunatic and ultimately in vain with no wife nor children and a bunch of gullible sheep waiting for his "return"... all the while continuing to be persecuted by the Roman government.

? does not murder he kills there is a huge difference, buddha adandoned his only son to sit under a ? tree and ponder the in's and outs of the universe. He was born a prince and therefore he had a responsibility BUT he chose not to accept IT he ran from it. Christ had children of the heart who chose to believe in his teachings, they believed it so much that they were willing to die for it.

Buddha whole teaching can be summed up as being the rejection of desire this is a ? stupid teaching. because it is the desire too do good that improves life. embrace positive desire and fighting against negative desire that is life. Ancient rome is rumble but the teachings of jesus still live on.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    It's your religion so you should really think deeply and channel deeply to understand the roots of your belief like Marcus Garvey done.

Are you speaking to me here or in general?

It's interesting that you observe Buddhist thought in his writings. I didn't catch them.

Just in general, when I discuss ideas, philosphies, and etc I speak in generalities and it doesn't have to pertain to one person, cause generally more than 1 person is dealing with some falsehoods. There are a few christians that are very invovled with knowledge, history, philiosphies, that know what other religions entail and etc.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

I don't think Buddhism is cowardly, I just think it's a higher level of connection with people, but obiviously we haven't reached it. If we are to be peaceful and yet warriors. I think the original Buddha(before you try to correct me and tell me there are multiple buddhas) was trying to attain an inner peace and with nature and becoming one while maintaining limited amount of technology. It's more about connections, but not letting the destructive portion of yourself take root and cause the world more mayhem.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

You don't need to attack Yeshua like that. They were both of men trying to teach humans how to quit being so damn destructive. Yet, we fail miserably each day.
  • bambu
    Options

.. you don't see anybody checking for your circle 7 thread do you? If I did indeed fail, you would have been able to properly defend it and the real Muslims wouldn't be in there agreeing with me.

I'm here to build by debate. Inevitably, weak theories and ideas are crushed under the weight of stronger ones. I Can't help that... and neither can your gods.

Lol.....

Why you worried about my threads.....

And if you must know.....

I have had several Pm's regarding noble drew Ali & other topics.......

You mad cause your theories cannot stand up to scientific scrutiny ......

I am defending my thread, atheist.....

Perhaps you should do the same......

*** You fail the Gods ***
  • bambu
    Options
    This ? talking ? when he has to beg mods to lock & sticky his gobbledygook .....

• Ajackson17
    Options
    Can't you ? just intellectually battle and leave the pettiness away.
  • bambu
    Options
    Can't you ? just intellectually battle and leave the pettiness away.

OK............

How about this.............
    Drew_Ali wrote: »

CHAPTER XLVIII

THE END OF TIME AND THE FULFILLING OF THE PROPHESIES

1. The last Prophet in these days is Noble Drew Ali, who was prepared divinely in due time by Allah to redeem men from their sinful ways; and to warn them of the great wrath which is sure to come upon the earth.

2. John the Baptist was the forerunner of Jesus in those days, to warn and stir up the nation and prepare them to receive the divine creed which was to be taught by Jesus.

3. In these modern days there came a forerunner of Jesus, who was divinely prepared by the great ? -Allah and his name is Marcus Garvey, who did teach and warn the nations of the earth to prepare to meet the coming Prophet; who was to bring the true and divine Creed of Islam, and his name is Noble Drew Ali who was prepared and sent to this earth by Allah, to teach the old time religion and the everlasting gospel to the sons of men. That every nation shall and must worship under their own vine and fig tree, and return to their own and be one with their Father ? -Allah.

4. The Moorish Science Temple of America is a lawfully chartered and incorporated organization. Any subordinate Temple that desires to receive a charter; the prophet has them to issue to every state throughout the United States, etc.

5. That the world may hear and know the truth, that among the descendants of Africa there is still much wisdom to be learned in these days for the redemption of the sons of men under Love, Truth, Peace, Freedom, and Justice.

6. We, as a clean and pure nation descended from the inhabitants of Africa, do not desire to amalgamate or marry into the families of the pale skin nations of Europe. Neither serve the gods of their religion, because our forefathers are the true and divine founders of the first religious creed, for the redemption and salvation of mankind on earth.

7. Therefore we are returning the Church and Christianity back to the European Nations, as it was prepared by their forefathers for their earthly salvation.

8. While we, the Moorish Americans are returning to Islam, which was founded by our forefathers for our earthly and divine salvation.

9. The covenant of the great ? -Allah: "Honor they father and they mother that thy days may be longer upon the earth land, which the Lord thy ? , Allah hath given thee!"

10. Come all ye Asiatics of America and hear the truth about your nationality and birthrights, because you are not negroes. Learn of your forefathers ancient and divine Creed. That you will learn to love instead of hate.

11. We are trying to uplift fallen humanity. Come and link yourselves with the families of nations. We honor all the true and divine prophets.
  • Bodhi
    edited July 2013
    Options
    ? does not murder he kills there is a huge difference

Any killing done by a supreme being is arguably unlawful and as such can be labeled murder.
    buddha adandoned his only son

Back then in ancient times, the journey he took was comparable to going off to college in today's time. He did not abandon his son. On Gautama's return, Rahula was educated in the teachings through his father.

Christ never returned
    sadface.jpg
    He was born a prince and therefore he had a responsibility BUT he chose not to accept IT he ran from it.

He was Prince when he left and was Prince when he returned.
    Buddha whole teaching can be summed up as being the rejection of desire this is a ? stupid teaching.

You misunderstand. As you've said, it is the desire to do good that enhances life so if what you say is true, there would be no Buddhahood to obtain. What Buddhism teaches is the repudiation of desire for permanence. The root of suffering lies in that desire.. and craving, which is the desire for more than what is necessary at present.
  • Bodhi
    Options

You don't need to attack Yeshua like that. They were both of men trying to teach humans how to quit being so damn destructive. Yet, we fail miserably each day.

I don't have to but it's funny. It's partly entertainment; don't take those things personally.
  • Bodhi
    edited July 2013
    Options

Why you worried about my threads.....

The same reason you're in mine right now I guess.
    And if you must know.....

I have had several Pm's regarding noble drew Ali & other topics........

LOL.. Oh?
    You mad cause your theories cannot stand up to scientific scrutiny ......

Says the guy who doesn't accept science.
    In these modern days there came a forerunner of Jesus, who was divinely prepared by the great ? -Allah and his name is Marcus Garvey, who did teach

CTFU @ a "prophet" writing "prophesies" after the man's life.. and then adding his own zesty spin.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Anyway, back on topic..
  • bambu
    Options
    Lol @ doesn't accept science......

? , I drop the most scientific ? these boards have ever seen......

n/h @ you finding "zestiness" in the Circle 7 ......