The Official 2013-2014 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDB wrote: »
    @nfl: RT @NFL_ATL: Chiefs reportedly run zero running plays in first two days of training camp practice http://t.co/9VvlMtUbuL

Po' Jamaal Charles.

2234747_o.gif
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Falcons Training Camp started today in Flowery Branch, GA :D
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Mike Epps gif is a instant classic.

The joke was real as ? too.

"When your momma whoop your ass in public it's always some ol' white guy looking at you like..."

2234747_o.gif

That ? literally happened to me at least 3 times. lol
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    which makes that ? about charles and that gif funnier cuz you could change that whole sentence to

when andy reid dont run the ball, theres always some eagles fan looking at you like...

2234747_o.gif
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    make or brake year for damn near the entire Titans roster. I think CJ2K will get close to that mark again running behind those beasts on the O Line

I really think with the offensive additions and new (hopefully) new philosophy when we have the ball helps out our defense. cause there were SO many times where our defense was out there for a long ass drive, our offense gets the ball and goes 3 and out, then our defense is BACK out there with little to no rest. and it went like that for entire games it felt like

Chris obviously is gonna be the go to guy on offense, but we added Justin Hunter, Shonn Greene, Delanie Walker, and i'm praying kenny britt doesnt get hurt because dude can really play.

Colin McCarthy and Zach Brown some good young LB's, not 100% sure how our d line will fare but we'll see.

No doubt in my mind we will win at least 8 games this year and potentially sneak in the playoffs. Jake Locker was pretty much in his rookie year last season behind a paper thin o-line. Now that its been addressed this offseason his numbers should be better all around.

yea the offense has definitely improved. This was our best off season in years. This season rests on Jake Lockers shoulders tho. If he can ball then i think we have a shot at the play offs but if he doesn't I'm not mad either because it would allow us to go into next off season targeting a QB a draft where the QB position is the strongest and deepest its been in years. Im still not sold on the defense even to i like some of the players we picked up. Pollard is a beast but he's on a 1 year deal but the player I'm most looking forward to watching is Zach Brown. He showed signs of greatness last season and is going to have a break out year. The D Line is a lot bigger and stronger this year so that should help with the run game but I'm still concerned about getting pressure on the quarter back. Depending on how Locker plays ill say we either go 7-9 or 9-7
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Titans fans I see you ? in the cut. Gotta make sure we put yall out of your misery early.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Stringer Bell, how you become a Steelers and Heat fan lol
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @nfl: RT @NFL_ATL: Chiefs reportedly run zero running plays in first two days of training camp practice http://t.co/9VvlMtUbuL

Po' Jamaal Charles.

I love it!!!!
  • 1of1
    Options

He started watching basketball and football in 2006.
  • 1of1
    Options
    Broncos = 2010/11 Eagles dream team mark my words

1. We don't have ? like Vince Young proclaiming that it's a dream team.

2. Our defensive coordinator didn't get his only experience coaching defenses on the middle school 7 on 7 coed flag football level.

3. The team is already very good. Free agents we picked up are there to do a job, no unrealistic expectations. The Eagles adopted a style of play that didn't always fit the personnel or play to their strengths.

4. Teams within the division may improve, Chiefs especially,but still haven't closed the gap significantly enough for the Broncos to worry.

And so on...
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »

He started watching basketball and football in 2006.

Elizabeth, here I come.

fred-sanford-heart-attack-o.gif
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude is only asking for one game check now (which is like $250k.)

Watch Rodgers do some ? ? like donate it to charity. smh.

He'll probably give him some season tickets or some ?
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    make or brake year for damn near the entire Titans roster. I think CJ2K will get close to that mark again running behind those beasts on the O Line

I really think with the offensive additions and new (hopefully) new philosophy when we have the ball helps out our defense. cause there were SO many times where our defense was out there for a long ass drive, our offense gets the ball and goes 3 and out, then our defense is BACK out there with little to no rest. and it went like that for entire games it felt like

Chris obviously is gonna be the go to guy on offense, but we added Justin Hunter, Shonn Greene, Delanie Walker, and i'm praying kenny britt doesnt get hurt because dude can really play.

Colin McCarthy and Zach Brown some good young LB's, not 100% sure how our d line will fare but we'll see.

No doubt in my mind we will win at least 8 games this year and potentially sneak in the playoffs. Jake Locker was pretty much in his rookie year last season behind a paper thin o-line. Now that its been addressed this offseason his numbers should be better all around.

But not only did we improve on offense, we got better on defense as well. With the addition of bernard pollard at safety, sammie lee hill at defensive tackle, and also gregg williams on the coaching staff, we will see an entirely different attitude from the d on the field. there's no doubt in my mind we've improved on both sides of the ball. this def. aint the same roster as the horrid one last season. but all of what i just said can easily be nullified if one person busts. and thats jake locker. it really all comes down to him and his progression on the field as to whether we'll truly have a better season or not. if he succeeds, then he'll set this franchise up for many winning seasons to come. if he bombs, then i say we tank the season entirely for the first round pick and draft teddy bridgewater.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? here...i know you want a new contract but the ? you doing flushing 2 mil down the drain

The San Francisco 49ers have picked up an additional $2 million of salary cap space as a result of one of their players opting to not participate in the team's voluntary offseason workout program.

Cornerback Tarell Brown had triggered a $2 million escalator to his 2013 base salary and was scheduled to earn $2.925 million in the final year of his contract. However, since Brown opted to do his offseason training at his home in Texas, instead of participating in the 49ers' workout program in Santa Clara, Calif., that escalator has voided and his base salary has returned to his original $925,000
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    This ? here...i know you want a new contract but the ? you doing flushing 2 mil down the drain

The San Francisco 49ers have picked up an additional $2 million of salary cap space as a result of one of their players opting to not participate in the team's voluntary offseason workout program.

Cornerback Tarell Brown had triggered a $2 million escalator to his 2013 base salary and was scheduled to earn $2.925 million in the final year of his contract. However, since Brown opted to do his offseason training at his home in Texas, instead of participating in the 49ers' workout program in Santa Clara, Calif., that escalator has voided and his base salary has returned to his original $925,000

If he want to save the franchise money like Justin Smith did.. I'm good with it. Still gotta resign him though.
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »

If he want to save the franchise money like Justin Smith did.. I'm good with it. Still gotta resign him though.

True that...I think Whitner and Rogers will both be gone after this year
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »

But not only did we improve on offense, we got better on defense as well. With the addition of bernard pollard at safety, sammie lee hill at defensive tackle, and also gregg williams on the coaching staff, we will see an entirely different attitude from the d on the field. there's no doubt in my mind we've improved on both sides of the ball. this def. aint the same roster as the horrid one last season. but all of what i just said can easily be nullified if one person busts. and thats jake locker. it really all comes down to him and his progression on the field as to whether we'll truly have a better season or not. if he succeeds, then he'll set this franchise up for many winning seasons to come. if he bombs, then i say we tank the season entirely for the first round pick and draft teddy bridgewater.

If we get Bridgewater or Clowny i would be stoked
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »

True that...I think Whitner and Rogers will both be gone after this year

They would have to play really well to be brought back.. and with the other guys slated for new deals.. still would have to give that hometown discount.
  • lamontbdc
    Options
    Cardinals defensive lineman Darnell Dockett said on Fox Sports 910 Phoenix that he has acquired a pet tiger named Little Buddy, and that he’s hoping to get Little Buddy invited to practice to meet the team and the fans.

Dockett said the tiger weighs about 60 pounds and is “very chill, very playful.” (Pet tigers can grow to 500 pounds and maul their owners, but apparently Dockett will cross that bridge when he gets to it.)

Dockett also said he made an offer of $30,000 for a pet monkey, but the monkey’s current owner wouldn’t consider it.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cowboys stadium is now AT&T stadium. Finally sold the naming rights.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d0725fitz2.jpg
    didnt know ? was a ball boy for the vikings
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Po' Jamaal Charles.

Fat Andy bout to get ran speed walked outta KC in record time, I see.....