X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

Options

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I liked First Class but the original 3 X-Men movies ? me off because of the over emphasis on the Wolverine-Gene-Cyclops love triangle. The way they ended it in the 3rd movie was just too corny and I can't truly believe they thought X-Men fans would go for that ?
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

Lol, ? looks like garbage truck juice.

Y'all really hyped off that ? ?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    eyes low wrote: »
    You guys really killed the enthusiasm I had for this movie. I was pretty excited after watching the clip at comic con then you guys had to go a day remind me how bad synger and fox have been

Truth be told B the movies haven't been that bad. These ? are exaggerating, I been watching all them ? and I think their dope movies, they won't get anybody any oscars or anything but still solid flicks.

Like I been saying these fools want everything to be perfect like the comics and that ? impossible. It's a movie not a comic B.

it's called nerd rage son! RAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude I just watched X-3 and i don't get he complaints, I can't judge ? off what I want it to be only by what it is.

That huge fight scene at the end was dope ? . Magneto chucking cars and Pyro lighting them on fire, Jean committing indescriminate mass ownage of both humans and mutants.

I just ? with it. I can't hate it, ? I tried. No point in getting all extra with it, all I want is a good flick and it is *shrugs*.

I liked x3 for your reasons the biggest complaint that most comic fans had was it was a complete ? .

what I liked about x-3
    1.the dangeroom .....finally! it's not x-men if theres no dangeroom (filmmakers take notes)
    2.more colossus. cool to see the tag team of pete and logan performing the fastball special on the big screen and twice I might add.
    3beast another of my favorite exmen characters. played perfectly by Kelsey grhamar . they brought his intellect and agility to the big screen perfectly
    4. the action. x3 had more action than any xmovie.

where they went wrong.

1. story there were too many story lines involved borrowed from comics. they failed with the phoenix thing it was just all wrong. that combined with the mutant cure from the astonishing xmen series.
    2 unnecessary deaths. did they had to ? Cyclops. was that necessary. most fanboys don't like cyke. i'm the exception. they never really used him in x2 or x1 he's the team leader they could have used x3 to show why he is a leader. but they killed him to make the movie about wolverine as usual.
    3 too many characters. i'm not even touching this one
    4juggernaut. bad enough they didn't even acknowledge the fact that he and Xavier are stepbrothers,if they did it would've been a wholenother storyline so I guess the writters didn't have time for that ? . well they could have solved that problem by deading the phoenix or the cure storline* ADUUHHH!!!!* the made him a f@$@%$ brit! okay he was a limey rugby player with armor who just ran through walls and soldiers which also makes him the downside to why I like colossus. their practically archenemies. they had 2 of the xmens biggest powerhouses in the xmen franchise and they didn't even fight.
    5 storm style magazines pointed out those bangs she wore knowingly storm doesn't wear bangs. what gets me is what the hell happened to her accent. she was raised in Nairobi Kenya and she sounded like her role in boomerang.
    oh well at least she achieved full flight in x3. theres more ? I could point out but I aint got time. oh yeah ? angel.

• major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lots of walls of text in here..
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Comic book fanboys I will say this to you.....

The studio and production teams are trying to make money off these movies.

Given that variable they try to write and present the movies and characters in such a manner that they appeal not only to comic book fanboys but also men, women, and younger children who aren't as big on reading comics and figuring out the origin and background information on these characters.

Its all about the dollar at the end of the day and these movies are presented in a fashion to maximize profits at the box office.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Given that variable they try to write and present the movies and characters in such a manner that they appeal not only to comic book fanboys but also men, women, and younger children who aren't as big on reading comics and figuring out the origin and background information on these characters.

Its all about the dollar at the end of the day and these movies are presented in a fashion to maximize profits at the box office.

That's the whole idea I been tryna convey in here. The general audience doesn't really give a damn about the subtle nuances of X-Men lore, they just want an entertaining movie with action and a decent story.

This should open the door for an increase in interest for the brand. You can sell the cartoon on DVDs, new toys, video games etc.

I hate to see Hollywood butcher ? but they do so under the understanding that the audience won't really notice how much the story is disconnected from the comic stories.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thumbnail for trailer make it look like a killzone movie
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    That tends to happen in discussion forums. This ain't twitter ? .

Never made a twitter post.. but some of you cats seem to be way to invested.

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    That tends to happen in discussion forums. This ain't twitter ? .

Never made a twitter post.. but some of you cats seem to be way to invested.

Yeah invested in contributing discussions to the IC to keep this place active and not dead.
  • Broddie
    Options
    thumbnail for trailer make it look like a killzone movie

It's not a trailer it's just part of the viral marketing.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's the whole idea I been tryna convey in here. The general audience doesn't really give a damn about the subtle nuances of X-Men lore, they just want an entertaining movie with action and a decent story.

This should open the door for an increase in interest for the brand. You can sell the cartoon on DVDs, new toys, video games etc.

I hate to see Hollywood butcher ? but they do so under the understanding that the audience won't really notice how much the story is disconnected from the comic stories.

^^^ Basically these ? comic book fan boys have difficulty understanding that though.
  • Broddie
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Stop generalizing and painting everybody with the same brush. I'm sure most people here know that adaptations always will take liberties to appeal to a mass audience. However some adaptations do it much better than others while still retaining the essence of their source material intact. Recent examples of ones more successful than any of the X-Men movies in terms of comic book superhero properties include The Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Batman, Superman, The Amazing Spider-Man and Kick-Ass so yeah.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is the same dude that gave us Usual Suspects and we know that he has the ability to tell a dope ass story, it's just that concerning the X-Men, he's choosing not to.[/b]

That movie was always overrated as hell to me. It'd be one I'd nominate in your overrated classics thread. Most of it is boring as hell with some average ass performances outside of Byrne and Spacey though Del Toro had his moments. The best part of that movie is it's awesome ending. Bryan Singer just has a very sterile and muted style of filmmaking that never really resonates with me at all.

co-sign you 10000% there. That's always been my biggest problem with the movies, even X3 which wasn't directed by Singer still felt like his bland-style.

It's like if you compared a good movie to stained glass, you know you've got all these different colors and ? to show all these different emotions and great things, and then singer's movies are just a plain ass clear glass window pane.

it's like the depressing buzzkill friend who is decent but you start to question why you're hanging out with them because they're so bland, uninteresting, and ruin things.
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    You guys really killed the enthusiasm I had for this movie. I was pretty excited after watching the clip at comic con then you guys had to go a day remind me how bad synger and fox have been

Truth be told B the movies haven't been that bad. These ? are exaggerating, I been watching all them ? and I think their dope movies, they won't get anybody any oscars or anything but still solid flicks.

Like I been saying these fools want everything to be perfect like the comics and that ? impossible. It's a movie not a comic B.

it's called nerd rage son! RAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude I just watched X-3 and i don't get he complaints, I can't judge ? off what I want it to be only by what it is.

That huge fight scene at the end was dope ? . Magneto chucking cars and Pyro lighting them on fire, Jean committing indescriminate mass ownage of both humans and mutants.

I just ? with it. I can't hate it, ? I tried. No point in getting all extra with it, all I want is a good flick and it is *shrugs*.
    4juggernaut. bad enough they didn't even acknowledge the fact that he and Xavier are stepbrothers,if they did it would've been a wholenother storyline so I guess the writters didn't have time for that ? .
    bruh, there could be an entire x-men trilogy just based on all of the ? relationships between all of the characters, they're not going to put in every detail from the comics.
  • DarthRozay
    Options

More people need to understand this, but at the same time Marvel did it successfully so why can't Fox?

They only have 2 properties, X-Men and Fantastic 4 but they don't even have to connect those 2 IMO. Marvel on the other hand was able to have successful solo movies from Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor and then have them all form like Voltron and drop this powerhouse movie.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Could this be nimrod? because that don't look like no regular sentinel.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hear what ? are sayin',. That your average movie goer cares not about the specifics of the comic books blah blah. But I've never seen that as an excuse for these ? films. if they made the ? correct to the source or not, casual fans wouldn't kno'. So why not make a good film that is close to the source material. That way, everyone is happy
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    inb4 someone finds something to complain about in that pic.

"wrong! wrong! WRONG! Professor X's ? hair was NOT like that in the comics!"
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    Is that supposed to be beast?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yup that's beast...............continuity HA!
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That dude mark miller or whatever his name is said their might be a fantastic 4 Xmen crossover
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He said they are in the same universe but no crossovers are planned for now. They are most likely waiting to see how the ff reboot does.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

More people need to understand this, but at the same time Marvel did it successfully so why can't Fox?

They only have 2 properties, X-Men and Fantastic 4 but they don't even have to connect those 2 IMO. Marvel on the other hand was able to have successful solo movies from Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor and then have them all form like Voltron and drop this powerhouse movie.

imo first class and the spidey movies ? on iron man, thor and cap
    so imo fox, sony >>>>>>>marvel
    okk marvel made alotta money especially with iron man 3 and avengers but it is what it is
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Inb4 prof X looks like lieutenant dan from fortest gump