•  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    janklow wrote: »
    Omw to the range now.
    range report expected

It was an exciting day at the ? range. Started getting nervous as I loaded my mags since it was the first time shooting in 6 months. But once I took a look thru those night sights, it was like riding a ? bike.

The flat faced trigger makes the p320 trigger like 30x times better. It's already dope, crisp and predictable as ? , but the flatness of it makes it so your finger doesn't slide on the trigger reset.

Here's my target. Shot from about 10 feet away, one handed.

emd1c6fy9yth.jpg

gon have to work some more on ur fundamentals bruh

those are some wide groupings for a distance of 10 ft (a lil over 3yds)

a SIG should be shooting way tighter than that, even for 1 handed shots

@blakfyahking Went back to the range today. I'll prolly go back tomorrow.

tj9sumrim7io.jpg

How's that for better grouping?

I'm getting back to where I was a year ago.
    ftujulav0bbc.jpg

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Thinking about either getting another p320 but in compact or getting a glock 26. I've been trying to hold out for the p320RX in compact but they taking too long...
    not worth it to just keep the chassis and get parts to swap the P320's config?

•  i ro ny
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thinking about either getting another p320 but in compact or getting a glock 26. I've been trying to hold out for the p320RX in compact but they taking too long...
    not worth it to just keep the chassis and get parts to swap the P320's config?

Oh it's very worth it. I figured out what I'm gonna do.

I've got a grip module for the compact version on its way to me. I'm gonna have the front of it cut to fit the subcompact slide. Then I'm going to buy another subcompact slide for 220 & have it milled for Sig's Romeo1 red dot. This way, I'll be able to switch between a custom p320 compact rx & a p320 subcompact using one fire control unit.
  • janklow
    Options

I've got a grip module for the compact version on its way to me. I'm gonna have the front of it cut to fit the subcompact slide. Then I'm going to buy another subcompact slide for 220 & have it milled for Sig's Romeo1 red dot. This way, I'll be able to switch between a custom p320 compact rx & a p320 subcompact using one fire control unit.
    yeah, see i know that concept's much more appealing for people under weird licensing regimes like NJ or in Europe. but i'm also the kind of person who sees people buying multiple versions of a gun they like and says "wait, don't you own that already?" so if you were like "? it, i dig having 2 different P320s ready to go," i'd have to chalk it up to just not being my style.

anyway, sounds like a plan
  •  i ro ny
    Options

yeah, see i know that concept's much more appealing for people under weird licensing regimes like NJ or in Europe. but i'm also the kind of person who sees people buying multiple versions of a gun they like and says "wait, don't you own that already?" so if you were like "? it, i dig having 2 different P320s ready to go," i'd have to chalk it up to just not being my style.

anyway, sounds like a plan

I'd buy 2 p320s or 2 of the same gun because of magazine compatibility. Them ? is expensive..atleast sig mags are.
  • janklow
    Options
    I'd buy 2 p320s or 2 of the same gun because of magazine compatibility. Them ? is expensive..atleast sig mags are.
    if you want to feel better, shop for P7 magazines sometime

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So my exctractor in my AR doesn't seem to wanna grab the brass when I unload my gun at the end of a hunt. A few times I'll have to bolt slam down on it before it catches and pulls cartridge from the chamber.

Any quick fix reccomndations? I'm assuming the fact it's like 10 degrees might have something to do with it. ? is lame as hell tho.
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    if you want to feel better, shop for P7 magazines sometime

? why the hell are those so expensive?

Sidenote, I went to the range today and shot 200 rounds.

Here's the best of....from 10 ft away. ijhbhevqtowl.jpg

• janklow
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Any quick fix reccomndations?
    how clean is that gun

• janklow
    Options
    ? why the hell are those so expensive?
    P7s are the best handguns of all time. also, they (and their magazines) are possibly made from the purest unobtainium ever mined

• Will Munny
    Options
    Any quick fix reccomndations?
    how clean is that gun

Fairly clean. Only about 150 rounds through it since I totally took apart and cleaned the bolt assembly. I used CLP, per the recommendation of an army buddy. I got this ballistol ? too tho, maybe I'll try that on it and see if that makes a difference.

•  i ro ny
    Options
    Put 250 down range today. All at about 10 feet out...

owi8ad12kc4p.jpg
    I shot starting from the top left. Started off a lil wild, but got more accurate once I warmed up.

j6u3u5tvj8zb.jpg
    On this one, I split the bottom-half of the target for one-handed shots.

2blvepgy8yrk.jpg
    And last but not least, more zombie shooting.
  • janklow
    Options
    Fairly clean. Only about 150 rounds through it since I totally took apart and cleaned the bolt assembly. I used CLP, per the recommendation of an army buddy. I got this ballistol ? too tho, maybe I'll try that on it and see if that makes a difference.
    hmmm
    as you can tell, my "quick fix" is always "bro, clean your gun again"

• King$osa
    King$osa Members Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone own and NFA/class-3 weapons I'm thinking about getting my first SBR this year (or atleast starting the process).
  •  i ro ny
    Options
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Will Munny
    Options
    lmaaaooo he even has a bow
  • janklow
    Options
    King$osa wrote: »
    Anyone own and NFA/class-3 weapons I'm thinking about getting my first SBR this year (or atleast starting the process).
    have a couple of SBRs (they're in this thread, actually): one form 1, one form 4. have a couple of other stamps approved that i need to build out (they're form 1s) but i have been being lazy about finishing up. another form 1 (and some form 4s for suppressors) still in the pipeline.

will also point out that i did all this through a trust to beat the rule change last year, so i've never done one as an individual.
  • janklow
    Options
    Sig's p320 is officially the new sidearm of the army.
    https://www.armytimes.com/articles/army-your-new-handgun-will-be-a-sig-sauer
    interesting. funny thing is that people were CONVINCED the FBI was trying to go that route before they wound up with modified Glocks.
  • janklow
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    which one of you ? made this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHYTMEOi7Qg
    LOL not me, but i am kind of jealous of his FNC

• King$osa
    King$osa Members Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    King$osa wrote: »
    have a couple of SBRs (they're in this thread, actually): one form 1, one form 4. have a couple of other stamps approved that i need to build out (they're form 1s) but i have been being lazy about finishing up. another form 1 (and some form 4s for suppressors) still in the pipeline.

will also point out that i did all this through a trust to beat the rule change last year, so i've never done one as an individual.

Yea I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and set up a trust. I didn't know about any rule changes I haven't brushed up on the rules in awhile.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    damn so I go to the local sports/gun shop to get this scope I got put on.... and the guy doesn't even level it. He just eye balled it and tightened her down. Well ? , i could have done that and not paid $10.

He also told me the bore sighting might not have been that good and to start at 40 yards. No ? I had to start at 10 yards before I finally got on paper lolololol.

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How much difference is there in a 16", 18", and 20" barrels on an AR? I'm kinda thinking I should just get a longer barrel and put a scope on it. It just doesn't make sense for me to have red dot and short barrel for what I'm gonna be mostly using my AR for, but what I'm doing exactly what I wanted to avoid by buying a cheapie AR and then upgrading parts. I really regret not doing more research and saving up for something a little nicer.

depends on what caliber and how far u plan on shooting (and also what u plan on shooting)

if it's .223/5.56, then a 16" barrel is fine.......u can take it to 500yds

if u want to get a little further and maximize the use of a long range scope, u could even get a 18" .223 Wylde barrel with an upper and take it out to 800yds (but ballistically u ain't doing much with a .223/5.56 at 800 yds)

otherwise if u shoot .308 and above it's not uncommon to see semi autos and even bolt action rifles with a chassis in an AR style.......so it really depends on what u really are ultimately trying to do with it

if u just gon hunt small game with a .223 than ur standard 16" barrel should be more than enough.....otherwise consider a full size rifle like the M16 spec, or even consider shooting another caliber
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Put 250 down range today. All at about 10 feet out...

owi8ad12kc4p.jpg
    I shot starting from the top left. Started off a lil wild, but got more accurate once I warmed up.

j6u3u5tvj8zb.jpg
    On this one, I split the bottom-half of the target for one-handed shots.

2blvepgy8yrk.jpg
    And last but not least, more zombie shooting.

yeah them 1 handed shots definitely on point haha
  • Will Munny
    Options
    How much difference is there in a 16", 18", and 20" barrels on an AR? I'm kinda thinking I should just get a longer barrel and put a scope on it. It just doesn't make sense for me to have red dot and short barrel for what I'm gonna be mostly using my AR for, but what I'm doing exactly what I wanted to avoid by buying a cheapie AR and then upgrading parts. I really regret not doing more research and saving up for something a little nicer.

depends on what caliber and how far u plan on shooting (and also what u plan on shooting)

if it's .223/5.56, then a 16" barrel is fine.......u can take it to 500yds

if u want to get a little further and maximize the use of a long range scope, u could even get a 18" .223 Wylde barrel with an upper and take it out to 800yds (but ballistically u ain't doing much with a .223/5.56 at 800 yds)

otherwise if u shoot .308 and above it's not uncommon to see semi autos and even bolt action rifles with a chassis in an AR style.......so it really depends on what u really are ultimately trying to do with it

if u just gon hunt small game with a .223 than ur standard 16" barrel should be more than enough.....otherwise consider a full size rifle like the M16 spec, or even consider shooting another caliber

I'm gonna keep the 16" barrel. For shooting coyotes in MN most everything will be 300 yards or under, even in the open parts of the state. Just so flat out here it's hard to even get a vantage point to see farther than that, unless in calling over a lake or large pond. But even then they don't really like cross areas like that so it's pointless to try to draw them out there. But I digress.

I ended up getting a Primary Arms 1-6x ACCS reticle scope. Def geared more for shooting people than coyotes but it should be functional for predator hunting. I know you're gonna give me ? for going more on the value side lololol.