The official Gun/Firearm discussion/appreciation thread

Options
dr funky resurrected
dr funky resurrected Members Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in The Social Lounge
Replica_AK47.jpg

This is the gun enthusiasts thread! If you own guns, plan on owning guns, want to learn about guns. This is where to come.

Feel free to post photos of your guns, discuss what kinds of guns you may want to buy. Discuss firearm accessories.

Feel free to discuss gun laws. In your area, national laws or international laws.

Feel free to post any opinions you have on firearms/tutorial videos or photos/range videos or photos, or any videos or photos firearms related.

This is the place to discuss the world of guns. Anything goes!

Comments

• dr funky resurrected
    Options
    Any more ideas? Please add on.
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    ...oh and ? Cuomo...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    Theodis wrote: »
    yeah.... not posting my guns in 2013 America...

thread fail :-(

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    yeah.... not posting my guns in 2013 America...

thread fail :-(

just a different climate.

last time we posted our guns the ? was called "excessive."

Being a New York State resident, I completely understand.

Plus this is allhiphop... Don't need some ? on here with a beef sending someone's gun pics to an employer...
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    I tried (shrugs)
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    Lol from the website of the NY Safe Act:

http://www.governor.ny.gov/nysafeact/gun-owners

"The SAFE Act prevents criminals and the dangerously mentally ill from buying guns, cracks down on illegal guns and bans only the most dangerous assault weapons. The SAFE Act protects law- abiding citizens right to bear arms and does not restrict New Yorkers' ability to buy, sell, keep or use their guns."

Lol @ "does not restrict New Yorkers ability to buy, sell, keep or use their guns."

Albany must have finally discovered ? ....
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2013
    Options
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options

"The SAFE Act prevents criminals and the dangerously mentally ill from buying guns, cracks down on illegal guns and bans only the most dangerous assault weapons. The SAFE Act protects law- abiding citizens right to bear arms and does not restrict New Yorkers' ability to buy, sell, keep or use their guns."

Lol @ "does not restrict New Yorkers ability to buy, sell, keep or use their guns."

i heard new yourk only want the rich to own guns... so they gon tax the ? out the middle and lower class.

? ... New York don't want ANYONE to own guns. Our Governor almost sent troops house to house to kick in doors and grab everyone's AR-15s and AK-47s.

And yea taxes here are ? ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options

i heard new yourk only want the rich to own guns... so they gon tax the ? out the middle and lower class.

? ... New York don't want ANYONE to own guns. Our Governor almost sent troops house to house to kick in doors and grab everyone's AR-15s and AK-47s.

And yea taxes here are ? ? .

they couldn't pay me in Gyro Lamb Sandwiches to live New York...

aint enough pita bread and tzatziki sauce in the world.

Keep in mind there's a lot more in New York State than just NYC in case that's what you're referring to...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    place dont seem very vet friendly.

Military? Or animal doctor?

• dr funky resurrected
    Options
    Any Canadian posters know much about the CZ VZ-58? And what the Ontario laws are on it?

http://youtu.be/mjKlgFxCjN0

vz58_folding_military-class.jpg

(Not an AK)
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any Canadian posters know much about the CZ VZ-58? And what the Ontario laws are on it?

(Not an AK)

Vet-Army, they use the nato 7.62 or are they staying true to the warsaw pact rounds? GOing to guess they might do 2 versions, I am not going to be a google ? and look them up as if I knew what they are. Also assuming the CZ mean Czechoslovakian, are these newer than cold-war era designs "not manufacturers"?
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    ? Wight wrote: »

(Not an AK)

Vet-Army, they use the nato 7.62 or are they staying true to the warsaw pact rounds? GOing to guess they might do 2 versions, I am not going to be a google ? and look them up as if I knew what they are. Also assuming the CZ mean Czechoslovakian, are these newer than cold-war era designs "not manufacturers"?

All I know for now is that they are the Canadian answer to the AK-47 ban. But since I'm not Canadian I have limited access to their gun shops to see if they are still available for purchase. They are Czechoslovskian yes. And they fire the 7.62x39 yes.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Feel free to post photos of your guns, discuss what kinds of guns you may want to buy. Discuss firearm accessories.
    yeah... this is well-meant but i think i will restrain myself from actually posting photos of my firearms. you may presume i have 1+ guns.
    Feel free to discuss gun laws. In your area, national laws or international laws.
    here in MD they were annoying but manageable. come 10.01.2013 they become much more ridiculous.
    Feel free to post any opinions you have on firearms
    guns are excellent
  • janklow
    Options
    last time we posted our guns the ? was called "excessive."
    NOT IN MY SUBFORUM

• janklow
    Options
    Czech version of the AK. good gun, but without the parts interchangeability. the Czechs aren't the only country to do this, but the Czech's are pretty good and manufacturing arms, and CZ is a A+ manufacturer.

now the real question is who made/imported/finished the VZ-58 you're looking at, because THAT is where the issues might come in.

ironic note: they'll actually be an answer to our future MD ban, which bans AKs and a lot of AK variants (Valmets, Galils, etc) by name, but does NOT ban VZ-58s. so i guess i'm buying a VZ-58 in 2014. this has already been a ROUGH year for my firearm budget.
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Czech version of the AK. good gun, but without the parts interchangeability. the Czechs aren't the only country to do this, but the Czech's are pretty good and manufacturing arms, and CZ is a A+ manufacturer.

now the real question is who made/imported/finished the VZ-58 you're looking at, because THAT is where the issues might come in.

ironic note: they'll actually be an answer to our future MD ban, which bans AKs and a lot of AK variants (Valmets, Galils, etc) by name, but does NOT ban VZ-58s. so i guess i'm buying a VZ-58 in 2014. this has already been a ROUGH year for my firearm budget.

I'm guessing WASR's on the chopping block too huh? SMH

At least the VZ fires 7.62x39 in a semi auto format....

• dr funky resurrected
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    guns are excellent

Absolutely
  • janklow
    Options
    I'm guessing WASR's on the chopping block too huh? SMH
    any AK clone is gone by name, whether WASR or M70 or MAK-90 or whatever you like; variants that got listed by virtue of being in action movies in the 1980s (and yes, as far as i can tell, that is exactly what the current regulated/future ban list is based on) are right there with them, but they had to be specifically designated.

so for example, like a WASR-10, guns like my SAR-1 or my Tantal are banned in the future because they're AK clones (i mean, mine are grandfathered in, but you know)... and a Valmet M76 is banned in the future because they bothered to regulate it and the M78 back in the day... but a VZ-58 was not covered and thus will be sold cash & carry come October.
  • dr funky resurrected
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Lol yea I'm bout to hopefully have my AR and my AK registered before the SAFE ACT deadline next April. Finally feels good to be old lol
  • janklow
    Options
    get on it, son; not really worth running afoul of the law and all that

also, i guess this is where people start using the reaction stuff to be SO MAD about guns