The official Gun/Firearm discussion/appreciation thread

Options

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All sales are final at Cabela's. I brought it back less than 16 hours after I bought it and those dipshits didn't know anything more than I did.

If I want it fixed I either need to send it to the Benelli factory under warranty or take it to a gunsmith.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    I'm hype as ? for this baby desert eagle tho.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    BUT now after just sitting around it seems to be functioning just fine. It maybe just had too much oil from the factory or needed be broke in. These intertia driven recoil systems can be finicky at first.
    i might have to tap out of troubleshooting this because shotguns are not really my thing (which reminds me that i really need to breakdown my Beretta 1200FP and get some familiarity with this stuff). but if you haven't already stripped it and slapped it back together, i'd run through it a few times and make sure there's a nuance you're not missing.
    BUT in a stroke of great irony, I just won a ? gun tonight hahahahahahhahhahaahhahhahahhahaaha
    Baby Desert Eagle II 9mm. ? thing is badass as ? !
    nice. but i will say this: i've got my old Jericho (9mm) around and i love it... but i ? HATE the fact that they stamped "Desert Eagle Pistol" on it. it's a ? Jericho, you Israeli ? !

but yeah, they're nice pistols (CZ 75 is a hell of a pistol family) and great fun, so enjoy THAT if not the shotgun.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Yeah doing some research on the baby eagle, its kind of confusing because it gets called a Jericho 141 I believe made by like IWI, and then there's the Magnum Research baby desert eagle II like wtf ? is confusing as hell. I also read the baby eagle will take CZ 75 mags.

Magnum Research makes their guns in Pillager, MN, which is grimy ? hick town just west of where i used to live.

From what I've been reading, its not much of CC weapon, which is cool with me, I don't really plan on doing that any time soon. As long as my legs work, I'll never get jumped, because I run too fast for that ? .
  • Will Munny
    Options
    I ? with shotguns under the Beretta umbrella EXCEPT Stoeger... those shotguns are dogshit.
  • janklow
    Options
    Yeah doing some research on the baby eagle, its kind of confusing because it gets called a Jericho 141 I believe made by like IWI, and then there's the Magnum Research baby desert eagle II like wtf ? is confusing as hell. I also read the baby eagle will take CZ 75 mags.
    yeah, they're Jericho 941s originally, but they started rebranding them because the DE was so big over in the US. if i had ? -you money, i'd have bought one of those .41 AE Jericho sets... but i don't so the 9mm one is going to have to do.

they should take CZ 75 mags because they're basically Israeli copies of CZ 75s, but ironically, i've never tried despite having a batch of them. always just had enough specifically-for-Jericho magazines for the Phantom and the Jericho to not have had to share.
    I ? with shotguns under the Beretta umbrella EXCEPT Stoeger... those shotguns are dogshit.
    kind of bought the Beretta on principle (not a shotgun fan, really) because they're local to us here... but then again, every damn Beretta i own seems to have been made in Italy after all.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BUT in a stroke of great irony, I just won a ? gun tonight hahahahahahhahhahaahhahhahahhahaaha

Baby Desert Eagle II 9mm. ? thing is badass as ? !

Congrats, I want to own a Desert Eagle some day
  • janklow
    Options
    NO YOU DON'T*
    but luckily, Baby Desert Eagles are totally different

*obviously, spend your hard-earned money on whatever guns you find fun. sometimes i spend my days mail-ordering completely unnecessary decades-old pistols
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Janklow do you ever sell any of your weapons. My license is finally about to come through and there's quite a demand in Jersey for long guns of all type. Wanted to know if you ever used a site like gun brokers or such to sell.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    NO YOU DON'T*
    but luckily, Baby Desert Eagles are totally different

*obviously, spend your hard-earned money on whatever guns you find fun. sometimes i spend my days mail-ordering completely unnecessary decades-old pistols

Why wouldn't someone want a Desert Eagle .50 AE? I honestly don't know ? about pistols.
  • janklow
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Janklow do you ever sell any of your weapons. My license is finally about to come through and there's quite a demand in Jersey for long guns of all type. Wanted to know if you ever used a site like gun brokers or such to sell.
    nah, i've never actually sold any of my firearms. they are my precious, precious children
    only used Gunbroker to purchase, which is often a hassle in this fine state, but in 2013 it was very, very helpful

• janklow
    Options
    Why wouldn't someone want a Desert Eagle .50 AE? I honestly don't know ? about pistols.
    well, the big difference is that your Baby Desert Eagle is a slight variation on a well-established, reliable handgun, while the Desert Eagle is a big, finicky goober. the smaller ones (.357/.44) run a little better than the .50.

but THAT being said, it's not like every gun you own has to be totally functional, so if you've got the money to burn, there's nothing wrong with having it as a toy or part of your collection or whatnot. so i'll always make fun of them, but if someone's like "? it, i just really want to shoot .50 AE," then it is what it is.

• Will Munny
    Options
    I traded in my .243 WSSM for the shotgun I bought. I hated that gun.

• janklow
    Options
    I traded in my .243 WSSM for the shotgun I bought. I hated that gun.
    what manufacturer/model?

• Will Munny
    Options
    Winchester Model 70. Decent rifle but I just never shoot it. I had a big stupid 6x18 scope on it that isn't even necessary for MN cause it's wooded and ? up here and I just don't shoot enough to fully untilize a zoom like that anyways.

I've already got a .270 that I can use for everything from coyotes to elk if I wanted.

my next gun will probably be an AR in .223.
  • janklow
    Options
    Winchester Model 70. Decent rifle but I just never shoot it. I had a big stupid 6x18 scope on it that isn't even necessary for MN cause it's wooded and ? up here and I just don't shoot enough to fully untilize a zoom like that anyways.
    on rare occasion i am up in northern MN, so i can kind of imagine that being the case. down here in MD rifle hunting is fairly restricted so it'd be moot in that respect. but regardless, if you don't feel a compulsion to keep it/shoot it for anything, then it may as well go.
    my next gun will probably be an AR in .223.
    pretty much anyone with a gun collection should add a basic AR to it. does a lot of all-around stuff and it's just a fun gun in the end. we've got some issues with them right now, but at least we can essentially still do them.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    What hell you do in northern MN?
  • janklow
    edited April 2015
    Options
    What hell you do in northern MN?
    got family that's originally from the area and they still have a cabin up on a reservation there. when i was little i was up there yearly but i'm an old person now and it's very infrequently now. such is life.

EDIT: not like the furthest stretches of MN, but like northeastern/Iron Range area
  • Will Munny
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ah ok right on. I live in Northwest MN right now and its brutal, cant wait to move back The Cities in a few weeks. The northeast/iron range area is beautiful in the summer.
  • janklow
    Options
    Ah ok right on. I live in Northwest MN right now and its brutal, cant wait to move back The Cities in a few weeks. The northeast/iron range area is beautiful in the summer.
    oh, i can imagine. i know when people down in the DMV are ? about SNOWMAGEDDON, people in MN are just laughing their ? off.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Yeah it's unreal. Even when it's not snowing up here it's like it's snowing cause it's so ? flat where I am the wind just blows in all over the roads.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So alphabet boys paid me a visit yestrday wasn't nothing bad just starting out my application for a ffl
  • janklow
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    So alphabet boys paid me a visit yestrday wasn't nothing bad just starting out my application for a ffl
    hello future dealer samples

• thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I got the 45 s&w black stock 1911

The SK automatic g dep larson

And the chrome Desert eagle.

Plus the loc spinner.

Happy man.
  • janklow
    Options
    just bought my first piece over the weekend.
    p320 subcompact.
    cant wait to shoot that ? .
    i hear good things about those, but personally, i would have go larger since this is not a carry-friendly state. although obviously the P320 is designed for size alterations

hope it is a most excellent trip to the range