Lebron puts Dr. J in top-3 all-time

Options

Comments

• UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    Dr.J is a legend but most of his legacy comes from being the first popular black guard/forward and his swag with the fro and ? .... He didnt run the 70s or 80s by any means, but he was the most exciting player to watch at that time (until Magic brought showtime) just b/c he was the most exciting player doesn't mean he was best.. theres a reason his stats dropped about 25% across the board when he got to the NBA, he wasnt a good defender he only has 1 ABA all defensive 1st team award and none in the NBA, he wasnt a good shooter this is guy who took a minimal amount of 3s and shot 29% in the ABA and 26% once he got the NBA, he wasnt a good playmaker just look @ his ast numbers.... So my top 5 SFs are LBJ,Bird,Hondo,Pippen,KD... It's a toss up for the 6th spot between Dr.J and Baylor

you're a ? idiot tho
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    FlightKing wrote: »
    Talk to me about Dr. J's jumpshot. Never really see that in the highlight films. Legit statement.

kinda like the ? who said he got him in his top 3 lol

Touche. But LeBron's jumper is getting pretty consistent, especially from where he came from. It's not automatic but it's pretty damn good.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.J is a legend but most of his legacy comes from being the first popular black guard/forward and his swag with the fro and ? .... He didnt run the 70s or 80s by any means, but he was the most exciting player to watch at that time (until Magic brought showtime) just b/c he was the most exciting player doesn't mean he was best.. theres a reason his stats dropped about 25% across the board when he got to the NBA, he wasnt a good defender he only has 1 ABA all defensive 1st team award and none in the NBA, he wasnt a good shooter this is guy who took a minimal amount of 3s and shot 29% in the ABA and 26% once he got the NBA, he wasnt a good playmaker just look @ his ast numbers.... So my top 5 SFs are LBJ,Bird,Hondo,Pippen,KD... It's a toss up for the 6th spot between Dr.J and Baylor

you're a ? idiot tho

Prove what I said wrong or ? hoe
  • UPTOWN
    Options

you're a ? idiot tho

how about we just look at your track record
    Clyde was Jordan's equal pre-96 if not better cause his J was more reliable than Jordan's..... Jordan had Scottie and Horace grant and great 3pt shooters while Clyde had terry porter and kelsey

its not even worth discussing with you because you dont even know ?

LOL at "when he went to the nba" when referring to dr J

newsflash ? , DR J is the reason the NBA bought the ABA and then changed its rules. you are a dumb ? , stop posting

then your ? said clyde drexler was better than jordan before 96?? 95-96 is when the bulls went 72-10 !!!!
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    LOL at pushing the wack button cause i hurt your ? little feelings LOL

by the way ? you pulling up all these stats but the doc is 6th in all time scoring

the reason why you dont see him on the list is because alot of his points are in the aba

then you point out his stats dropping no ? ? that was towards the end of his career in the nba

just ? yourself
  • blu197
    edited August 2013
    Options

you're a ? idiot tho

how about we just look at your track record
    Clyde was Jordan's equal pre-96 if not better cause his J was more reliable than Jordan's..... Jordan had Scottie and Horace grant and great 3pt shooters while Clyde had terry porter and kelsey

its not even worth discussing with you because you dont even know ?

LOL at "when he went to the nba" when referring to dr J

newsflash ? , DR J is the reason the NBA bought the ABA and then changed its rules. you are a dumb ? , stop posting

then your ? said clyde drexler was better than jordan before 96?? 95-96 is when the bulls went 72-10 !!!!

Lmaoo @ you bringing up old ? and trying to change the subject b/c you can't deny facts you lame...... And I said Clyde was MJ's EQUAL pre 96 from a talent perspective b/c he could do anything Jordan could (besides defend) @ that time, Jordan just had the green light to shoot more and Clyde just didnt bring it every night like MJ did
  • blu197
    Options
    LOL at pushing the wack button cause i hurt your ? little feelings LOL

by the way ? you pulling up all these stats but the doc is 6th in all time scoring

the reason why you dont see him on the list is because alot of his points are in the aba

then you point out his stats dropping no ? ? that was towards the end of his career in the nba

just ? yourself

You don't think i kno that, like i said the ABA was a joke nothin but And1 ball, each game was about as competitive as a all star game.... Dr.J had seasons where he avg 30+ but he took 25+ shots to get it
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lmaoo @ you bringing up old ? and trying to change the subject b/c you can't deny facts you lame...... And I said Clyde was MJ's EQUAL pre 96 from a talent perspective b/c he could do anything Jordan could (besides defend) @ that time, Jordan just had the green light to shoot more and Clyde just didnt bring it every night like MJ did

? .

You cant say one basketball is an equal to another player and then say, well EXCEPT defending. Defending is half the game.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Talk to me about Dr. J's jumpshot. Never really see that in the highlight films. Legit statement.

Let it go dawg yall got a team on da come up lls

damn i cant even make a joke without ? thinking im hating lmao
  • ericb4prez
    Options

Touche. But LeBron's jumper is getting pretty consistent, especially from where he came from. It's not automatic but it's pretty damn good.

man come on if that was the case the spurs wouldnt have been defending him the way they did by basically givin him the open jumper, not sayin he hasnt improved tho
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    Dr.J couldn't shoot, i thought that was a universal fact...

I forgot about him but my ? Hondo>>Dr.J

8 Rings 1FMvp

Better shooter, WAY better defender, better in ast and getting teammates involved,better scorer imo he put up 26K+ points with no 3 point line and he leads the Cs in points all time which is also impressive...

bruh, you talking like you was around watching this ? live, GTFOH.

I can say the same for yall about Dr.J so what's your point?

Hondo>>>
    Wrong. Some of us ARE old enough to see Julius the Great do his thing.

18? ? . You're not even allowed to tell us how great Jordan was. FOH.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr. J is better than all of these clowns y'all naming, and I mean way better. The only SF in his realm is Bird, and that's only due to career/accomplishments. 1v1 J would ? Bird.

Btw SMH @ dudes saying LBJ or Durant. Way too soon.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    And smart ? overstand the Pippen hype. Y'all hype dude in an attempt to lessen Jordan's greatness.

Y'all not slick.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And smart ? overstand the Pippen hype. Y'all hype dude in an attempt to lessen Jordan's greatness.

Y'all not slick.
    its the other way around Jordan is thought of as the Goat ...you cant diminish him
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options

Y'all not slick.
    its the other way around Jordan is thought of as the Goat ...you cant diminish him

Explain how having an all-time great teammate of that caliber helps your case as the GOAT?
  • UPTOWN
    Options

man come on if that was the case the spurs wouldnt have been defending him the way they did by basically givin him the open jumper, not sayin he hasnt improved tho

so i guess you didnt see those clutch 3's he was hitting in those late series games. of course you give lebron the shot over the drive LOL WTF?? no lebron is not a pure shooter but if you have to choose you die by the jumper, not giving him green lights down the lane dunking on ppl and getting to the foul line LOL
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is jordan not the GOAT is he not recognised and appreciated as such the world over, i rest my case
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    That's because general consensus is Pippen was just a good player, not a great player. Or at least not of the upper echelon of HOFs.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    TheBossman wrote: »
    Dr.J couldn't shoot, i thought that was a universal fact...

I forgot about him but my ? Hondo>>Dr.J

8 Rings 1FMvp

Better shooter, WAY better defender, better in ast and getting teammates involved,better scorer imo he put up 26K+ points with no 3 point line and he leads the Cs in points all time which is also impressive...

bruh, you talking like you was around watching this ? live, GTFOH.

I can say the same for yall about Dr.J so what's your point?

Hondo>>>
    Wrong. Some of us ARE old enough to see Julius the Great do his thing.

18? ? . You're not even allowed to tell us how great Jordan was. FOH.

YOU weren't.Dr J retired in 1987 you said you were born in 82 aint no 4-5 year olds watching nba games and understanding them Foh

? already clowned you for saying you remember watching kareem play.
  • ericb4prez
    Options

so i guess you didnt see those clutch 3's he was hitting in those late series games. of course you give lebron the shot over the drive LOL WTF?? no lebron is not a pure shooter but if you have to choose you die by the jumper, not giving him green lights down the lane dunking on ppl and getting to the foul line LOL

He said his jumper was consistent which is false cuz you don't give open shots to consistent jump shooters and the most clutch 3 hit hit came after he bricked a wide open 1 and bosh jus happen to get the rebound and give it back to him to redeem himself
  • blu197
    Options

Y'all not slick.

Explain how having an all-time great teammate of that caliber helps your case as the GOAT?

I can ask you the same question, don't you think Kareem is the GOAT but he played with Magic (the best PG of all time) and Worthy (Top 10 @ his position all time) and the Big O (Top 3-5 @ his position all time) how does having teammates of the caliber help your case as the GOAT??
  • blu197
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Pippen>>>Dr.J

Let me ask yall a question, your team is down 3 with 2 seconds left who do you want shooting the 3 to tie Scottie or Dr.J??

Now let me flip that question, your team is up 3 with 2 seconds left who do you want guarding the best perimeter player on the court Scottie or Dr.J???

If you have any Bball knowledge Scottie should easily be the answer for both... I hate when you give Scottie credit ppl say you're trying to diminish Jordan... The man deserves his props for being hands down the 2nd best player on arguably the greatest dynasty in NBA history (imo is the greatest dynasty)..... Playing with Jordan was a gift and a curse for Scottie but was just a gift for Jordan... If Dr.J played with Jordan he would be Scottie aswell a poor version of one @ that
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "i was born in 97, saw jordan in his prime"
    "i was born in 87, saw kareem in his prime and understood it"
    "i was born in 82, saw bill russell in his prime and i was a black panther member"

^^only in the cheap seats
  • UPTOWN
    edited August 2013
    Options

He said his jumper was consistent which is false cuz you don't give open shots to consistent jump shooters and the most clutch 3 hit hit came after he bricked a wide open 1 and bosh jus happen to get the rebound and give it back to him to redeem himself

well see thats just it ... the words he typed are still there. i bolded them for you. what part of that dont you understand. he said lebron IS GETTING PRETTY CONSISTENT, not that he is a consistent jump shooter

then i said "so i guess you didnt see those clutch 3's he was hitting in those late series games."

and you argued that his most clutch three "came after he bricked a wide open 1 and bosh jus happen to get the rebound and give it back to him to redeem himself"

so you agree that he hit more than one clutch three in those late games of the series, but some how you bring up which one was more clutch than the others

do you understand what youre doing here?? you gotta read fam, otherwise youre arguing apples and oranges.
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    Pippen>>>Dr.J

Let me ask yall a question, your team is down 3 with 2 seconds left who do you want shooting the 3 to tie Scottie or Dr.J??

Now let me flip that question, your team is up 3 with 2 seconds left who do you want guarding the best perimeter player on the court Scottie or Dr.J???

If you have any Bball knowledge Scottie should easily be the answer for both... I hate when you give Scottie credit ppl say you're trying to diminish Jordan... The man deserves his props for being hands down the 2nd best player on arguably the greatest dynasty in NBA history (imo is the greatest dynasty)..... Playing with Jordan was a gift and a curse for Scottie but was just a gift for Jordan... If Dr.J played with Jordan he would be Scottie aswell a poor version of one @ that

why dont you talk about the two years scottie had without jordan??