Lebron puts Dr. J in top-3 all-time

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    Pippen>>>Dr.J

Let me ask yall a question, your team is down 3 with 2 seconds left who do you want shooting the 3 to tie Scottie or Dr.J??

Now let me flip that question, your team is up 3 with 2 seconds left who do you want guarding the best perimeter player on the court Scottie or Dr.J???

If you have any Bball knowledge Scottie should easily be the answer for both... I hate when you give Scottie credit ppl say you're trying to diminish Jordan... The man deserves his props for being hands down the 2nd best player on arguably the greatest dynasty in NBA history (imo is the greatest dynasty)..... Playing with Jordan was a gift and a curse for Scottie but was just a gift for Jordan... If Dr.J played with Jordan he would be Scottie aswell a poor version of one @ that

I rather have Dr J shoot the J.Pippen sucked in crunch time.? talk about lebron lacking the clutch gene pippen was the Og of that ? .In that Doc they said Dr J dropped like 15-20 points in the 4th quarter of game 6 of the finals then the last shot went to someone else and they lost

The bolded is false People to this day discredit Jordan to big up pippen and talk about how jordan could never win without him that 94 season is the the biggest misconception in history pippen gets ALL the credit for leading the bulls to 55 wins and losing in the 2nd round the next season bulls were 3 games above .500 and a 6 seed wit pippen leading them before mike returned.The 93-94 bulls were a championship core that added kerr,and kukoc that overachieved.When lebron did it that he was called a failure but pippen is heralded for doing that he's revered more than any 2nd option in nba history
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Pippen>>>Dr.J

Let me ask yall a question, your team is down 3 with 2 seconds left who do you want shooting the 3 to tie Scottie or Dr.J??

Now let me flip that question, your team is up 3 with 2 seconds left who do you want guarding the best perimeter player on the court Scottie or Dr.J???

If you have any Bball knowledge Scottie should easily be the answer for both... I hate when you give Scottie credit ppl say you're trying to diminish Jordan... The man deserves his props for being hands down the 2nd best player on arguably the greatest dynasty in NBA history (imo is the greatest dynasty)..... Playing with Jordan was a gift and a curse for Scottie but was just a gift for Jordan... If Dr.J played with Jordan he would be Scottie aswell a poor version of one @ that

why dont you talk about the two years scottie had without jordan??

You mean the 93-94 season where he led the bulls to a 55-27 record was 3rd in Mvp voting and led the Bulls in Points,Rebounds,Ast,Stl won the all star Mvp and lost in 2nd round to the Knicks were the ? was obviously rigged... The 94-95 season MJ came back near the end of the season... That one year he had with Rockets was a bust but he close to winning with Portland
  • blu197
    edited August 2013
    Options
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    Pippen>>>Dr.J

why dont you talk about the two years scottie had without jordan??

You mean the 93-94 season where he led the bulls to a 55-27 record was 3rd in Mvp voting and led the Bulls in Points,Rebounds,Ast,Stl and lost in 2nd round to the Knicks were the ? was obviously rigged... The 94-95 season MJ came back near the end of the season... That one year he had with Rockets was a bust but he close to winning with Portland

BWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• blu197
    Options
    Pippen>>>Dr.J

I rather have Dr J shoot the J.Pippen sucked in crunch time.? talk about lebron lacking the clutch gene pippen was the Og of that ? .In that Doc they said Dr J dropped like 15-20 points in the 4th quarter of game 6 of the finals then the last shot went to someone else and they lost

The bolded is false People to this day discredit Jordan to big up pippen and talk about how jordan could never win without him that 94 season is the the biggest misconception in history pippen gets ALL the credit for leading the bulls to 55 wins and losing in the 2nd round the next season bulls were 3 games above .500 and a 6 seed wit pippen leading them before mike returned.The 93-94 bulls were a championship core that added kerr,and kukoc that overachieved.When lebron did it that he was called a failure but pippen is heralded for doing that he's revered more than any 2nd option in nba history

Lol you can have Dr.J taking the last second 3 but ill take the guy who once hit 7 threes in the NBA finals to tie the record... But I guess it depends on who you ask whether Scottie is the most underrated or overrated but Scottie did come closer to winning a ring w/o MJ than Vice Versa
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

**GASPS FOR AIR**

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

4b923f614f484e0eaa36d561bbbbc7d0.jpg
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn I forgot you can't flag mod posts cuz of kingbiz sensitive hoe ass
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And smart ? overstand the Pippen hype. Y'all hype dude in an attempt to lessen Jordan's greatness.

Y'all not slick.
    its the other way around Jordan is thought of as the Goat ...you cant diminish him

Explain how having an all-time great teammate of that caliber helps your case as the GOAT?

I can ask you the same question, don't you think Kareem is the GOAT but he played with Magic (the best PG of all time) and Worthy (Top 10 @ his position all time) and the Big O (Top 3-5 @ his position all time) how does having teammates of the caliber help your case as the GOAT??

First off, Magic isn't the best PG of all-time to me, I'll take Isiah over him any day of the week... and Kareem isn't my GOAT selection.

Second, It's the chicken or the egg argument. Maybe I think Kareem was the anchor and the rest of them dudes were just on for a ride. Maybe that's why I don't have Magic as high as most people, because he had the great Kareem on his team.

At the end of the day, Kareem won without Magic and Big O, yet they didn't win without him. And then there's things like Kareem's scoring record, his 19-allstar selections, his sky hook, his ability to pass, play O and D etc. that makes him such a great player in my eyes.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    FlightKing wrote: »
    Talk to me about Dr. J's jumpshot. Never really see that in the highlight films. Legit statement.

kinda like the ? who said he got him in his top 3 lol

Touche. But LeBron's jumper is getting pretty consistent, especially from where he came from. It's not automatic but it's pretty damn good.

man come on if that was the case the spurs wouldnt have been defending him the way they did by basically givin him the open jumper, not sayin he hasnt improved tho

so i guess you didnt see those clutch 3's he was hitting in those late series games. of course you give lebron the shot over the drive LOL WTF?? no lebron is not a pure shooter but if you have to choose you die by the jumper, not giving him green lights down the lane dunking on ppl and getting to the foul line LOL

He said his jumper was consistent which is false cuz you don't give open shots to consistent jump shooters and the most clutch 3 hit hit came after he bricked a wide open 1 and bosh jus happen to get the rebound and give it back to him to redeem himself

well see thats just it ... the words he typed are still there. i bolded them for you. what part of that dont you understand. he said lebron IS GETTING PRETTY CONSISTENT, not that he is a consistent jump shooter

then i said "so i guess you didnt see those clutch 3's he was hitting in those late series games."

and you argued that his most clutch three "came after he bricked a wide open 1 and bosh jus happen to get the rebound and give it back to him to redeem himself"

so you agree that he hit more than one clutch three in those late games of the series, but some how you bring up which one was more clutch than the others

do you understand what youre doing here?? you gotta read fam, otherwise youre arguing apples and oranges.

if you gon bring up reading comprehension then look at my response to his and realize why your response to me didnt even make sense and how many clutch 3's did he make the 1 ray hit came off another horrible brick by lebron, in actuality that ? blew the game and you talkin bout he hit clutch 3's but missed the most important 1 and got bailed out lol what part of that dont you understand
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess johnson aint gonna be riding For bron as much this season.
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    Pippen>>>Dr.J

Lol you can have Dr.J taking the last second 3 but ill take the guy who once hit 7 threes in the NBA finals to tie the record... But I guess it depends on who you ask whether Scottie is the most underrated or overrated but Scottie did come closer to winning a ring w/o MJ than Vice Versa

ok well lets ask phil jackson .... cause even he chose toni kukoc over scottie LOL

oh let me guess ... that game was rigged too huh??

LOL
  • UPTOWN
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Talk to me about Dr. J's jumpshot. Never really see that in the highlight films. Legit statement.

Touche. But LeBron's jumper is getting pretty consistent, especially from where he came from. It's not automatic but it's pretty damn good.

man come on if that was the case the spurs wouldnt have been defending him the way they did by basically givin him the open jumper, not sayin he hasnt improved tho

so i guess you didnt see those clutch 3's he was hitting in those late series games. of course you give lebron the shot over the drive LOL WTF?? no lebron is not a pure shooter but if you have to choose you die by the jumper, not giving him green lights down the lane dunking on ppl and getting to the foul line LOL

He said his jumper was consistent which is false cuz you don't give open shots to consistent jump shooters and the most clutch 3 hit hit came after he bricked a wide open 1 and bosh jus happen to get the rebound and give it back to him to redeem himself

well see thats just it ... the words he typed are still there. i bolded them for you. what part of that dont you understand. he said lebron IS GETTING PRETTY CONSISTENT, not that he is a consistent jump shooter

then i said "so i guess you didnt see those clutch 3's he was hitting in those late series games."

and you argued that his most clutch three "came after he bricked a wide open 1 and bosh jus happen to get the rebound and give it back to him to redeem himself"

so you agree that he hit more than one clutch three in those late games of the series, but some how you bring up which one was more clutch than the others

do you understand what youre doing here?? you gotta read fam, otherwise youre arguing apples and oranges.

if you gon bring up reading comprehension then look at my response to his and realize why your response to me didnt even make sense and how many clutch 3's did he make the 1 ray hit came off another horrible brick by lebron, in actuality that ? blew the game and you talkin bout he hit clutch 3's but missed the most important 1 and got bailed out lol what part of that dont you understand

the part where the series would have been over had he not hit clutch 3's prior to that. he made like 5 three's in game 7!!! wtf?? the other games he didnt even shoot that many three's. the ones where they lost the three's were "clutch" because it kept miami in the game (save the lucky ass danny green/ neal game). in the wins they came at critical times too

if you have to choose between giving ANYONE outside shots and honest match ups you always go with outside shots... thats basic basketball strategy. now mind you, why wouldnt you give lebron shots from way outside when what he does best is beast down the lane

your arguement makes no sense. youre saying it like popovich is letting lebron shoot on some rondo ? . thats not the case. you cant stop lebron so you have to take that gamble. and in the end of it all, alot of lebrons important shots in that series came from the outside. the ? wasnt that long ago dude FOH
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    Damn I forgot you can't flag mod posts cuz of kingbiz sensitive hoe ass

you really wanted to flag my post that bad tho?? LOL

damn son
  • ericb4prez
    Options

the part where the series would have been over had he not hit clutch 3's prior to that. he made like 5 three's in game 7!!! wtf?? the other games he didnt even shoot that many three's. the ones where they lost the three's were "clutch" because it kept miami in the game (save the lucky ass danny green/ neal game). in the wins they came at critical times too

if you have to choose between giving ANYONE outside shots and honest match ups you always go with outside shots... thats basic basketball strategy. now mind you, why wouldnt you give lebron shots from way outside when what he does best is beast down the lane

your arguement makes no sense. youre saying it like popovich is letting lebron shoot on some rondo ? . thats not the case. you cant stop lebron so you have to take that gamble. and in the end of it all, alot of lebrons important shots in that series came from the outside. the ? wasnt that long ago dude FOH

so your sayin he wasnt??? 1-5, 1-3, 1-5, 1-2, 2-4, 1-5, 5-10 that ? aint clutch thats pretty much 1 made 3 a game if not for ray saving that ? in game 6 when he went 1 for 5 and missed the most important shot of his career it would be worse than that cuz he would not have had the chance to go 5-10 and you dont always go with givin ? outside shots instead of honest matchups ? dont guard kd kobe melo or paul pierce like that but you know what them ? got in common dont you
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

[img]http://memecrunch.com/meme/1ON4/my-? /image.png[/img]

Dammit mayne.
  • FlightKing
    Options

Bruh, I clearly said it's getting pretty consistent. That means it's not consistent. That means it's off and on. That means it's on sometimes and he hits clutch shots and sometimes he bricks. You just can't be sure. With a ? that's GETTING PRETTY CONSISTENT.

Let's chill on this...
  • ericb4prez
    Options

Bruh, I clearly said it's getting pretty consistent. That means it's not consistent. That means it's off and on. That means it's on sometimes and he hits clutch shots and sometimes he bricks. You just can't be sure. With a ? that's GETTING PRETTY CONSISTENT.

Let's chill on this...

Did you not say his jumper was pretty damn good and look at my first response to you and tell me what I said that was wrong
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    That ? blew what i said out of proportion tryin to act like he know some ?
  • FlightKing
    Options

Let's chill on this...

Did you not say his jumper was pretty damn good and look at my first response to you and tell me what I said that was wrong

LeBron has a pretty good jumper. He hits a lot of them, but he's not a real deep threat. The Spurs had to give him the jumper because Tiago Splitter proved he wasn't bout that life and Tim Duncan didn't want it either. Spurs didn't have the interior defense to slack off and let him in.
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Let me get this right lebron has a pretty good jumper that's not consistent
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe >>>>>> them old folks
  • blu197
    Options
    Let me get this right lebron has a pretty good jumper that's not consistent

Lebron is a streaky shooter, it's just hidden b/c of his high FG% that comes from the paint and around the basket.....

Lbj has a respectable jumper to the point where you atleast gotta put a hand up and contest b/c once he gets the hot hand and is confident in his shot dude can make it from literally any where on the court...

Defending him the way the Spurs did might work for a game or two but not a whole series, they found that out in game 7
  • FlightKing
    Options
    That ? blew what i said out of proportion tryin to act like he know some ?

Thing is, I do know some ? and it's been proven that you have no idea what "middle ground" means. You took my original statement way too far, and now I'm blowing it out proportion trying to help you see it? ? it.

LeBron has a deadly jumper. There you go. Run with that.
    Tomorrow, I'll update this and say he has a terrible jumper.
    I'm out.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blu in here sonning multiple people at once while still remaining calm and logical. Damn that's rare on the IC.

• blu197
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »

Lmaoo @ you bringing up old ? and trying to change the subject b/c you can't deny facts you lame...... And I said Clyde was MJ's EQUAL pre 96 from a talent perspective b/c he could do anything Jordan could (besides defend) @ that time, Jordan just had the green light to shoot more and Clyde just didnt bring it every night like MJ did

? .

You cant say one basketball is an equal to another player and then say, well EXCEPT defending. Defending is half the game.

I was suppose respond to this but forgot... I said Clyde was MJs equal from a talent perspective pre 96 (shoulda said 93) the reason i said besides defending is b/c being a good defender is more about effort than talent, most of the best defenders are role players like losha,Tony Allen,Chandler,Khwai Leonard ect..

There was nothing stopping Clyde from being a great defender like Jordan, his athleticism was on par with MJs, he was the same height, in the same weight bracket he just didnt put in the effort to do it