k1v060.jpg
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    well atleast he has the right height for the part
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man i dont know if he can successfully pull off Bruce...will obviously watch this ? regardless
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder how many heart attacks this news was responsible for within the past 24 hours?
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    was watchin CNN. lmao @ them reporting "the internet" is up in arms over Affleck bein cast a Batman in MOS2
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    well atleast he has the right height for the part

Can a 5' 6" ? play The Batman? If you say no, why not?
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    i wonder if after Bale. if Affleck was WBros 1st choice? or other actors turned it down. and WB had to "settle" on Affleck...
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited August 2013
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    i wonder if after Bale. if Affleck was WBros 1st choice? or other actors turned it down. and WB had to "settle" on Affleck...

Bruh...just stop believing in those Bale rumors. Bale was not going to be Batman in this movie.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Might be the contrary. Back in the late 90's Darren Aronofsky was working on a movie called Batman: Year One. Loosely based on the Frank Miller story with a script by Aronofsky and Miller. Ben Affleck was someone WB wanted for the role back then. Now over a decade later he's in the role in another Batman movie Miller would be loosely involved with. Of course today he is also their golden boy who brought them 2 critically acclaimed and oscar nominated as well as oscar winning movies in a row. It's like it was meant to happen for him. He's a big Batman fan and another thing I give him credit for is he's already working out 2 hours a day. This movie doesn't shoot till February so that's commitment.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Keaton line reminds me that there's a reason why it's easier to go from comedy to drama than vice versa in show business. Comedy is hard as ? . Comedy teaches you ? like improv and wit that will serve you in any role.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    I can't think of one. I'm sure there are some, but none come to mind.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    Leslie neilsen did drama?
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Keaton set the standard as far as I'm concerned.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    That Keaton line reminds me that there's a reason why it's easier to go from comedy to drama than vice versa in show business. Comedy is hard as ? . Comedy teaches you ? like improv and wit that will serve you in any role.

this is true. we've seen plenty of really funny actors transition easily into drama, like jim carrey's role in eternal sunshine of the spotless mind is one of the best films i've seen in the past decade

when's the last time you say a well-respected drama actor make a hilarious comedian, other than leslie neilsen, i really haven't

only one I can think of is John c Reilly,started off in mostly ensemble dramas and then made the move into comedy.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Remember his career turnaround happened only after he started directing movies, even up until now it's never been because of his acting. When's the last time he gave an above average performance in anything? A good director doesn't equal a good actor...ask Tarantino.

Watch Hollywoodland. To call his performance as George Reeves less than average is just straight up hating if you really know anything about good acting.

I'm not even the biggest fan of the guy (never really had a problem with him either) but some of the overreactions to this news are just hilarious. He may not be Daniel Day Lewis but the guy is a serviceable actor and a much better actor today than he was 10 years ago. Then again some of you ? as well as many other people on the net wanted to see CW TV actors as Batman so this doesn't really surprise me.

You ever watch Survivor, where they eat boiled fish guts for two weeks straight, then all of a sudden someone wins a bag of ruffles and thinks it's the best thing they've ever eaten? That's what Hollywoodland was for Ben Affleck. His career was practically ruined after a slew of ? movies and Hollywoodland was an unexpectedly decent performance from him, but it wasn't anything incredible, it just seemed that way in relative comparison.

Even if I thought his performance was great you gotta remember that a director has a lot of influence on how good an actor can be, Marky Mark is not a great actor, but you put him under Scorsese in "The Departed" he pulls a great performance. Unfortunately Snyder is not an actors director, which is what Ben Affleck would need to pull off playing Batman.

• earth two superman
    Options
    He
    lazypakman wrote: »
    kai_valya wrote: »

this is true. we've seen plenty of really funny actors transition easily into drama, like jim carrey's role in eternal sunshine of the spotless mind is one of the best films i've seen in the past decade

when's the last time you say a well-respected drama actor make a hilarious comedian, other than leslie neilsen, i really haven't

only one I can think of is John c Reilly,started off in mostly ensemble dramas and then made the move into comedy.

there we go. we found one lol
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes the most surprising cast choices turn out to be the best ones. The guy does seem to be a genuine comic fan, so you know no one would be as concerned as he is with the portrayal and how true to form it becomes.

And you know what...unlike Bale...Affleck actually looks like the classic Bruce Wayne from the comics and video games.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think this is Affleck photoshopped into the batman suit

Batman-Ben-Affleck-642x362.jpg
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let that boy cook!

These comic book nerds can be annoying atimes, SMH

I think its great casting and didn't they say they wanted the new Batman to be in his 40's?

but is he gonna get his own movies or is he just gonna be featured in the Superman film?