Options
    Ben Affleck is 41.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He
    lazypakman wrote: »
    kai_valya wrote: »
    That Keaton line reminds me that there's a reason why it's easier to go from comedy to drama than vice versa in show business. Comedy is hard as ? . Comedy teaches you ? like improv and wit that will serve you in any role.

this is true. we've seen plenty of really funny actors transition easily into drama, like jim carrey's role in eternal sunshine of the spotless mind is one of the best films i've seen in the past decade

when's the last time you say a well-respected drama actor make a hilarious comedian, other than leslie neilsen, i really haven't

only one I can think of is John c Reilly,started off in mostly ensemble dramas and then made the move into comedy.

there we go. we found one lol

Philip Seymour Hoffman in "Along Came Polly" and "Boogie Nights"
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO ? said unburied Pauly Shore...................

I'm ignorant but was Geogre Clooney really that bad as Batman, were those movies just bad, or a combo of both? I know it's off subject but I just wanna know why those movies seemed so damn wack?......................... Arnold as Mr. Freeze was lame ? , I know.....................
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    TheIraq wrote: »

I'm ignorant but was Geogre Clooney really that bad as Batman, were those movies just bad, or a combo of both? I know it's off subject but I just wanna know why those movies seemed so damn wack?......................... Arnold as Mr. Freeze was lame ? , I know.....................

i guess if you were really young and you went to see it, one might have liked it. it was pretty much a live action cartoon. the only thing they got right was clooney and alfred bonding as a family. roles like that is where clooney is great in. (the Descendants)

joel schumacher was all wrong for batman. not to say hes completely untalented (hes done some ok things since then, including 8 mm and even being involved in House of Cards). but he was a batman fan who simply had an oddball vision of the character that didnt work. i think he could have written some good batman comics. and im sure there's some superhero out there who could fit his vision. but not batman.

Still, it wasnt the worst dc movie ever made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNlmRId2FVQ

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2013
    Options
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? would you wanna be judged for stupid ? you did 10 yrs ago? I sure as hell wouldnt
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if he does a better job than Bale. At least he won't sound constipated as ? when interrogating mafuckers.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ironically I think Ben's Jay leno chin and wooden acting would be better for playing Superman
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    TheIraq wrote: »

to quote the man himself
    “With hindsight it’s easy to look back at this and go ‘Woah, that was really ? and I was really bad in it.’

“The truth is, my phone rang, and the head of Warner Bros said ‘Come into my office, you are going to play Batman in a Batman film’ and I said ‘Yeah!’ I called my friends and they screamed and I screamed and we couldn’t believe it!

“I just thought the last one had been successful so I thought I was just going to be in a big successful franchise movie.

“In a weird way I was. Batman is still the biggest break I ever had and it completely changed my career, even if it was weak and I was weak in it. It was a difficult film to be good in. I don’t know what I could have done differently.

“But if I am going to be Batman in the film Batman & Robin, I can’t say it didn’t work and then not take some of the blame for that.”

Clooney wasn't a bad choice,he was just unfortunate to be put in a film which solely existed to sell toys.i was 11 when i saw it at the cinema and remember walking out afterwards feeling like my IQ had been lowered significantly.im sure there's many like me who grew up with the Burton films so you saw the eventual decline that happened.Burton started to lose the plot a little bit on 'return's so they bought in Schumacher,in all honestly as a kid I loved 'batman forever' the inconsistencies (Billy Dee Williams being shunned for Tommy lee Jones,the tone being completely different) didn't really stand out for me until I got older,? as a kid i was hyped to see Carrey as the Riddler (interesting fact,marlon wayans originally signed on to play robin before it went to o'donell)

but 'Batman and Robin' was Schumacher going full ? ,and you never go full ? .its like the studio said 'hey we need more rubber nipples!make it as camp as possible!and give him a credit card!also we need more neon!just drench the ? thing in neon!' the film was like some sort of acid fueled ghoulish nightmare.i mean as cheesy as the adam west era was they rarely sunk themselves to these depths.i see what he was trying to do,and in a way you could tell his heart was in the right place but no,just ? no.

there's a lot they got right,uma thurman as poison ivy,the best on screen relationship between alfred and bruce yet,the look of bane (everything else about him was terrible though,and i know im probably in the minority here but nolans version wasn't that great either) and freeze's back story.aside from those (and i've only ever seen the film twice because of the pure hate i have for it) there's a reason why it regularly mentioned as being one of the worst blockbusters ever.one of the first times that a studio learned just how etherous one persons opinion could be on the internet when word of mouth destroyed its box office.

having to even think about that film has ? me off.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    ["TheIraq;6190857"]LMAO ? said unburied Pauly Shore............. 'm ignorant but was Geogre Clooney really that bad as Batman, were those movies just bad, or a combo of both? I know it's off subject but I just wanna know why those movies seemed so damn wack?......................... Arnold as Mr. Freeze was lame ? , I know.....................[/quote]

George Clooney had ? nipples on the batsuit. ? NIPPLES ON THE BATSUIT!!!!!! I grew up a Batman fan since Michael "Greatest Bruce Wayne in the history of ? Batman" Keaton did the role in 1988. Batman and Robin with George Clooney is the worst ? I have ever seen. THIS ? PULLS OUT A BATMAN CREDIT CARD!!!!!!!!! How ignorant and stupid is that? Not to mention Mr. Freeze is a bad ? in the comics, but in that movie, Arnold made that character deplorable. ? that movie and ? George Clooney!
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

George Clooney had ? nipples on the batsuit. ? NIPPLES ON THE BATSUIT!!!!!! I grew up a Batman fan since Michael "Greatest Bruce Wayne in the history of ? Batman" Keaton did the role in 1988. Batman and Robin with George Clooney is the worst ? I have ever seen. THIS ? PULLS OUT A BATMAN CREDIT CARD!!!!!!!!! How ignorant and stupid is that? Not to mention Mr. Freeze is a bad ? in the comics, but in that movie, Arnold made that character deplorable. ? that movie and ? George Clooney!

the nipples were already there in forever bruh,you can't really blame clooney for that.

• Idiopathic Joker
    Options

the nipples were already there in forever bruh,you can't really blame clooney for that.

are you sure?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options

are you sure?

Have you never watched Batman Forever? that was like the biggest movie of summer 1995 and the nipples and codpieces in Batman and Robin's costumes in that movie were something everybody was up in arms about back then.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    ? your right. I haven't seen that movie since I was a kid. never liked it.
  • Broddie
    edited August 2013
    Options

are you sure?

tumblr_loq33eIMdC1qkzq2g.jpg

yup.they're there alright.smh @ you making me google 'batman nipples'

That's still to me the best Batman movie costume minus the nipples and the codpiece. He looked like a Neal Adams drawing come to life.
  • Broddie
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Those Batman with a boston accent jokes got old 2 hours after the announcement. Especially since the guy has used non-Boston accents in his movies before. Just shows how creatively inept the imagination of all the internet geeks are since they can't come up with anything else. Can't wait till the trailer comes out and they do a complete 180 and call him the best Batman ever. This is why I don't even frequent geek or nerd sites anymore outside of the SHH forums. ? hypocrites.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    FYI, Marlon Wayans and Christian Bale were considered to play Robin in Batman Forever.
  • Broddie
    edited August 2013
    Options
    FYI, Marlon Wayans and Christian Bale were considered to play Robin in Batman Forever.

Marlon Wayans was actually cast as a Robin like character in Batman Returns but never used. His contract extended to BF and got bought out just like Billy Dee Williams' contract from the first Burton movie which had a sequel clause because WB execs of that time didn't want a black Robin or Two-Face.
  • Broddie
    Options
    AUGUST 2013: "? Ben Affleck man. Christian Bale forever even though it would make no sense bringing him back considering the storyline of his Batman movies was finite."

MARCH 2014 (when we will approximately see Ben in costume for the first time): "? he looks amazing. JUST like Batman. Ok maybe I was wrong after all."

count on it!!

This is why nobody that works in media or entertainment takes most of the internet seriously.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Comic book nerds ain't gon be happy about this one

They're the same ones that freaked out when George Lucas floated Leonardo DiCaprio as Anakin back in the day. Smh......he woulda transmuted that ? dialogue into gold.