Athletes You Were Wrong About?

Options

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to start with Juice Williams I thought he was going to the league and he never sniffed it LOL

Tyrus Thomas I was so glad we picked him instead of Aldridge.. I was calling him the next Amare SMH

Luol Deng I thought he was just another overrated Duke ? .. But he proved me wrong..

Cedric Benson I just knew he was going to be a great RB for the Bears.. ? but the defense loved Thomas Jones.. So they was ? Benson up in practice trying to injured him..

OJ Mayo I been hearing about this dude since he was 7th grade playing on Varsity... ? was average at best in College and now the league...

Thank ? Paxson drafted Derrick Rose that is all LOL

The type of ? in this post is the reason I never get excited about players that aint even old enough to drink or even buy cigarettes.

That's why I'm laughing at these nikkas all geeked up about the 2014 NBA and NFL draft. Actin like it's guaranteed that the next Durant or Reggie White is on deck.

• D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i honestly didn't think durant would develop into the player he is now. i thought he was just gonna be a jamal crawford type of player; just a scorer and nothing more.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @BlackAX410

young_clippers_odom_brand_miles.jpg
    clippers-1.jpg

They were supposed to be next :-S

Gawd I hated that era of the NBA.

lmao explain why
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    terrence williams..he still has game; but he just can't get right
    corey brewer..like him the most from those gators championship teams; but he's serviceable
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    @BlackAX410

young_clippers_odom_brand_miles.jpg
    clippers-1.jpg

They were supposed to be next :-S

Gawd I hated that era of the NBA.

Didn't really hate it, it was just bad era for actual on court play

The league was filled with athletes who couldn't shoot but could dribble and dunk

Plus it was sorta like the 70s where it seemed everybody was out for themselves

It made for good highlights, thats also the height on the And 1/streetball ?

Exactly.

Nikkas would act like the Harlem Globetrotters against the Bucks or the Warriors or some ? , but then if they play a real contender like the Lakers or Kings (at the time), they playin' all scared or nonchalant while a nikka like Webber or Kobe is running circles around them.

I call that ? the "SLAM" era. Cause it seem like they just did just enough to get in Slam magazine.

(And you could get the cover or a article in Slam back then just for being on a roster and having cornrows.)
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought Ty lawson wouldnt excel neither in this league. Thought he was too small
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought Nnamdi Asomugha was gonna help the Eagle's defense be elite when he 1st singed there.

• Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Can't front, but when the Aint's got the reigning Heisman Trophy winner, Mark Ingram with a late 1st round pick I was like...

ray-j-gif.gif

But after realizing he's just a extra average ass NFL running back the last few years, I'm like...

ray_yes.gif

I knew that ? wouldn't be anything more than an average running back in the league.

I remember thinking to myself I hope our GM Mickey Loomis drafts a defensive back on the night we took Ingrams ass.

He does not have exceptional breakaway speed or strength nor does he read his blocks all that well at times imo.

Outside of Julio Jones I'm not to big on Saban's offensive players in the league.

His system masks a lot of their weaknesses that get exposed when they are on the next level against elite competition.

Now Saban's defensive players on the other hand are another story that's the strength of his recruiting.

Oh yea and yea and ? the wack ass Falcunts.
  • greenwood1921
    edited August 2013
    Options
    fab5.jpeg

Yep, all of'em. Webber is HOF caliber, but even he was slightly less of a player than he could've been.

The rest of them I was definitely disappointed in as pro's.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? said Sean May, Juan Dixon, and Ron Mercer lol seems like ? be fallin off the face of the earth........... What happened to Eddie Robinson and Marcus Fizer (I ask as a Bulls fan)??????? Is Courtney Alexander still alive?????
  • greenwood1921
    edited August 2013
    Options
    etanthomas.jpg

^^^ My high school friend's older brother. When I was a kid in middle school, I watched him and Ryan Humphrey (who was the 19th pick in 2002) play at the same high school and I swore Etan was going to be a all-star in the league.

He beasted at Syracuse and was a Lottery Pick by the Mavs/Wizards, but never really amounted to more than a decent bench big.

He also had an irregular heartbeat that was discovered after a few years in the league but I'm still surprised he didn't have a better career.

? Ryan Humphrey tho. I knew he was overrated. (Plus he transferred from OU to Notre Dame -- so yeah, ? 'em.)

Glad Etan got a chance to play for the Thunder for a minute tho. Good dude tho. Whole family.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nnamdi - Man, was I off on him in Philly. ? , he STOLE money the entire time he was there.

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Nnamdi - Man, was I off on him in Philly. ? , he STOLE money the entire time he was there.

Remember the Nnamdi vs Revis debate? ? seems ? ridiculous at this point

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

Remember the Nnamdi vs Revis debate? ? seems ? ridiculous at this point

To nnamdi's credit...he was probably better in his prime...his falloff came out of nowhere
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Saw Darius Miles in that McDonald All American game and thought he was gonna be a better version of Garnett ... I lost. Never again did I judge players from high school all star games.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Joseph Forte

Was just gonna name him but forgot his name ... Beast back at NC tho.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Thought Manteen Cleeves waa gonna be the next Gary Payton.

This literally has me crying lol.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Taylor Mays...? does something cringeworthy every time I see him on Hard Knocks
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought Limas Sweed would be a big time WR in the league
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    I seriously thought OJ Mayo would be where Kyrie Irving is now.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    I was wrong about a Stephan Curry, I thought he would be Doc son status. Thought he wasnt athletic enough to even compete in the league.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Thought Manteen Cleeves waa gonna be the next Gary Payton.

you should lose modship for this ?