Syria, are you ready for these?

Options

Comments

• Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Syria denies chemical weapons claim
    "We are all hearing the drums of war being beaten around us. If these countries are willing to launch an aggression or military act against Syria, I believe, the pretext of chemical weapons is false, baseless and groundless. And as I said, I challenge, I dare them to produce any single piece of evidence", Moulem said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOmq95lELkQ
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    suppose it was true, what is America to do?, bomb their country and ? more people than their government has killed smh, let them sort out their own problems
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    suppose it was true, what is America to do?, bomb their country and ? more people than their government has killed smh, let them sort out their own problems

Isn't that what America has done throughout it's history? This is just a test field for them to try out their new military toys
  • Rasta.
    Options
    I swear the American public eats up anything ffs! Ask yourselves why it's taken so long to topple the regime but it took mere months to oust the Colonel in Libya? Hypocrites

Apples and Oranges. Gaddafi's support came from tribes loyal to him and did not have a large standing army with with advanced air defenses and deadly chemical weapons. Syria is also in one of the most sensitive areas in the middle east. This map shows all the different factions in play that were not a consideration in Libya. They each HATE the other & Assad and his father before him have only kept things in check ( before now ) by ruling with an iron hand and aid from the Soviets.

Syria_Ethno-religious_composition..jpg

Black Gold & Central bank...Sensitive area my foot.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Theodis wrote: »

THE QUESTION IS WHICH SIDE OF THIS TRIANGLE DEPLOYED THE CHEMICAL WEAPONS.

It doesn't really matter anymore, Syrian Govt has them in what we presumed were secure locations, if they are no longer secure then this makes it possibly even more dangerous.

This is the second incident where chemical weapons have been used, I think the Govt used them once, saw that we did nothing and is getting increasingly desperate as fighting is getting very intense around capital.

Have u been watching the news? The rebels have been getting the ? handed to them these past few months. And why would the government do this ? while the chemical weapons investigators are in the country?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damned if he do, damned if he don't.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    Nah, there are many benefits if he doesn't.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    Calling it now: Bashar al-Assad, will be dead one day.

Mark my words.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    MrSoutCity wrote: »

It doesn't really matter anymore, Syrian Govt has them in what we presumed were secure locations, if they are no longer secure then this makes it possibly even more dangerous.

This is the second incident where chemical weapons have been used, I think the Govt used them once, saw that we did nothing and is getting increasingly desperate as fighting is getting very intense around capital.

Have u been watching the news? The rebels have been getting the ? handed to them these past few months. And why would the government do this ? while the chemical weapons investigators are in the country?
    Word. Last time chemical weapons were used and the UN investigation determined the rebels did it, the West had to back down.

This time, they don't want them to state who did it:
    "The experts' mandate is to find out whether chemical weapons were used, not to assign blame, but the evidence they collect, for example about the missile used, can provide a strong indication about the identity of the party responsible.

So even though the investigation--which would not conclude who did it--is incomplete; Obama is already acting like they know the regime did it.

The scheme here is obvious.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate overly religious people ? letting a book shape their destiny instead of trying to make there own.

Back to the thread ? all this. US need to mind our own damn business.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, Gold, you think there's some shady ? going on?
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn is it already time for a new war?
  • Gold_Certificate
    edited August 2013
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    So, Gold, you think there's some shady ? going on?
    Basically, Obama said chemical weapon usage was the "red line". So those ? are antsy every time it looks like chemical weapons were used. But now, since the US has declared that the regime did it; Obama and the homies have to act brolic so it doesn't look like they're backing down.

The US doesn't actually want to take down the Syrian regime, because that will only lead to a bigger shitstorm.

He's doing it just to get a rep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2y85V8v8N8
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry but what have I written that leads you to believe I am not well read on the conflict or region as a whole? I did start this thread you know.
    :)

There is a difference in reading the news and reading the news with critical thought. If you want to assume this is basketball where the govt is up by a few points, that's fine but what you are getting is just a snapshot of the whole game.

I would ask you, how long have they been playing? Over two years.

How much time is left in the game? Unknown

Any indication either side wants to forfeit? Hell no! In fact with the Harlem Globetrotters having all the players and assets
    ( transpiration, air power, food, trained soldiers and Hezzbolah mercenaries, medicine and weapons ) the Washington Generals show no sign of giving up and are willing to play this game out indefinitely in a hopes of scoring an assist from the Dream Team ( U.S. )

Where is this game taking place now? All over the country and right now in the outskirts of the capital where Assad and central Govt. reside.

It would be hard to believe if the situation was reversed and the US had been fighting rebels in it's own borders for 2+ years and rebels were now being accused of lobbing chemical weapons near D.C. that you would consider the situation was going well for US govt? :)

There you have it, the fighting is way out of control and despite whoever used chemical weapons the Syrian govt. will be held accountable for the chaos in their border by its neighbors and the west. ( Most people and governments believe Syrian regime is that ruthless and capable of doing this )

I think the US is taking a calculated risk that Assad is nearing the edge and just needs a little nudge to push him over. With
    a decisive air strike and more support to people on the ground it might just work and get on to the next phase of this mess. 1.7 million
    refugees and 100k killed, something has to change and as Defense Sec. Hagel says "We are ready to go, like that,'

• THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all that scared ? this is America and you either gone get down or you gone ? lay down, and when you lay down you stay down. Syria! What hand you roll up wit!?
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options

Sorry but what have I written that leads you to believe I am not well read on the conflict or region as a whole? I did start this thread you know.

There is a difference in reading the news and reading the news with critical thought. If you want to assume this is basketball where the govt is up by a few points, that's fine but what you are getting is just a snapshot of the whole game.

Any indication either side wants to forfeit? Hell no! In fact with the Harlem Globetrotters having all the players and assets
    ( transpiration, air power, food, trained soldiers and Hezzbolah mercenaries, medicine and weapons ) the Washington Generals show no sign of giving up and are willing to play this game out indefinitely in a hopes of scoring an assist from the Dream Team ( U.S. )

Where is this game taking place now? All over the country and right now in the outskirts of the capital where Assad and central Govt. reside.

It would be hard to believe if the situation was reversed and the US had been fighting rebels in it's own borders for 2+ years and rebels were now being accused of lobbing chemical weapons near D.C. that you would consider the situation was going well for US govt? :)

There you have it, the fighting is way out of control and despite whoever used chemical weapons the Syrian govt. will be held accountable for the chaos in their border by its neighbors and the west. ( Most people and governments believe Syrian regime is that ruthless and capable of doing this )

I think the US is taking a calculated risk that Assad is nearing the edge and just needs a little nudge to push him over. With
    a decisive air strike and more support to people on the ground it might just work and get on to the next phase of this mess. 1.7 million
    refugees and 100k killed, something has to change and as Defense Sec. Hagel says "We are ready to go, like that,'
    This makes no sense bruh. People rebel against the government, and then those same rebels use chemical weapons against the population; so the solution is to help those rebels take out the government?

The rebels aren't even a unified group; many of them are from other countries and have connections to "terrorist" organizations. They've actually been fighting each other as well, and there are also the Kurdish forces, pro-government militias, and allies of the Syrian government involved. So taking out the government doesn't solve the problem here.

Besides, it's a civil war, they usually take a while. Congo has been in an ongoing internal conflict for over a decade; killing millions of people. This ? is small potatoes in comparison.

As it stands now, the government is winning, so it'll take continuing external support to turn the tides:
    OlFdbsg.png
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all that scared ? this is America and you either gone get down or you gone ? lay down, and when you lay down you stay down. Syria! What hand you roll up wit!?

Realest post in the thread.

Real talk,B...thats the type of ? ill be on if i was in oval office.We got the most nukes,bombs,missles,guns and military muscle to debo alot of other countries.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This makes no sense bruh. People rebel against the government, and then those same rebels use chemical weapons against the population; so the solution is to help those rebels take out the government?

The rebels aren't even a unified group; many of them are from other countries and have connections to "terrorist" organizations. They've actually been fighting each other as well, and there are also the Kurdish forces, pro-government militias, and allies of the Syrian government involved. So taking out the government doesn't solve the problem here.

Besides, it's a civil war, they usually take a while. Congo has been in an ongoing internal conflict for over a decade; killing millions of people. This ? is small potatoes in comparison.

As it stands now, the government is winning, so it'll take continuing external support to turn the tides:
    OlFdbsg.png

This alone indicates how disingenuous western powers are when it comes to tackling crimes against humanity. The Congo conflict (which also basically a proxy war) has destabilized a great deal of the continent and has killed millions, yet you don't hear a peep from U.S. government. And this is not to say I'd support intervention but it perfectly documents western powers and their the inconsistencies.
    Syria is simply more valuable in the eyes of the U.S. because it sits in a very strategic position in the middle east. It is a very strategic area for a number of regional powers also, like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iran, and Turkey.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We don't do ? , and we are ? for not intervening. We do ? and we are ? for being the world police.

We can't win with these ? so let the UN handle it and then watch them come begging for help if ? really hits the fan.
  • Rasta.
    Options

OlFdbsg.png

This alone indicates how disingenuous western powers are when it comes to tackling crimes against humanity. The Congo conflict (which also basically a proxy war) has destabilized a great deal of the continent and has killed millions, yet you don't hear a peep from U.S. government. And this is not to say I'd support intervention but it perfectly documents western powers and their the inconsistencies.
    Syria is simply more valuable in the eyes of the U.S. because it sits in a very strategic position in the middle east. It is a very strategic area for a number of regional powers also, like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iran, and Turkey.

The United States will not, and i repeat will not expend it's military arsenal on any war it does not stand to benefit financially from.
  • Rasta.
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    We don't do ? , and we are ? for not intervening. We do ? and we are ? for being the world police.

We can't win with these ? so let the UN handle it and then watch them come begging for help if ? really hits the fan.

? ? you on about? The US has never intervened swiftly in any war or conflict unless it benefits it, cut that ? !
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    soooo in laymen terms, what is going on and why should the average american care?
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont fell like searching but what is the population of Syria?
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    evilchuck wrote: »
    soooo in laymen terms, what is going on and why should the average american care?

they about to reinstate the draft babygirl. get pregnant asap

• Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    evilchuck wrote: »

War is what's going on and more war is why we should care...