Syria, are you ready for these?

Options

Comments

• Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not yet, but VERY soon, I expect something rather newsworthy to happen as a response, within the week I expect.

Final talks are occurring and the stage is being set.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2013/08/29/erin-sot-syria-labott-intel-assessment.cnn.html
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does anyone think it's possible Obama will back down from this?
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^
    Nope, not gonna happen. A line was drawn, a line was crossed and we have the intel to back it up. It's now just a matter of smoothing over the allies ( and adversaries ) to tell them what WE ARE GOING TO DO and moving the things that go boom into place.

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    Ridiculous. We got people homeless and dying over here, but let England, France, Germany, Russia, Japan, and/or China say, "What America is doing to its people is unjust. Starvation with that many billionaires is unacceptable on any level. We're debating military action against them."
    the problem with this argument, though, is that chemical weapons are regulated a BIT more than homeless and, for better or worse, are a Really Big Deal
    America loses more if it decides to side with the Al-Qaeda linked terrorists, are we Al Qaeda's air force now? After helping out the Al-Qaeda linked rebels in Libya, I'm starting to think Obama does work for Al Qaeda.
    problem with THIS is that you claim it so much it might start to lose meaning

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Does anyone think it's possible Obama will back down from this?
    anything is possible, but i have to tell you, he made SUCH a ? fuss about this kind of thing when running for office that if taking a moment to reflect on that doesn't give him pause, then i presume he won't back down on this because of some mercenary principle ("got to protect my legacy" or some ? like that)

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Nah, ? Syria. We can't look at other situations and say hey, why didn't we intervene there? With all the power America has, we can't allow ? like this to go down if they can stop it. Obama has been consistent with his eagerness to stop atrocities and people were saying he was scared to attack Syria. Well, he not scared no more.

http://www.responsibilitytoprotect.org/

If America can intervene to protect Jews, we should do the same for all humans and borders shouldn't matter when considering that we are all on one planet.. Sitting back and watching massacres and wondering what the end game is is foolish. He's not Bush because he isn't putting boots on the ground and he was in and out in Libya. Syria don't got ? that can stop us and ? Mother Russia if they try.. We got lasers to shoot down their nukes. ? ? .
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man this is a tough decision but I'm like this...if we so call one of the most powerful nations in the world..and so and so...we should protect and stop this...I mean like a poster said...if you go protect and say you don't tolerate this and that...do it for all...
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2013
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Nah, ? Syria. We can't look at other situations and say hey, why didn't we intervene there? With all the power America has, we can't allow ? like this to go down if they can stop it. Obama has been consistent with his eagerness to stop atrocities and people were saying he was scared to attack Syria. Well, he not scared no more.

http://www.responsibilitytoprotect.org/

If America can intervene to protect Jews, we should do the same for all humans and borders shouldn't matter when considering that we are all on one planet.. Sitting back and watching massacres and wondering what the end game is is foolish. He's not Bush because he isn't putting boots on the ground and he was in and out in Libya. Syria don't got ? that can stop us and ? Mother Russia if they try.. We got lasers to shoot down their nukes. ? ? .

You gotta be kidding me. After the Libya debacle and the failed wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, you want America to lower its reputation in the Middle East AGAIN? For crying out loud, the Arab League is against a military intervention. Why does it have to be America that does all this killing and bombing all the time around the world, why can't people in the Middle East take care of its own ? problems? America has plenty of issues here at home, and you want us to become Al-Qaeda's air force AGAIN???

LMAO!!!!!!! Outrageous, you're a neo-con homeboy. How many times did you vote for Bush? How many Ronald Reagan posters do you have on your wall?
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Man this is a tough decision but I'm like this...if we so call one of the most powerful nations in the world..and so and so...we should protect and stop this...I mean like a poster said...if you go protect and say you don't tolerate this and that...do it for all...

The Arab League doesn't want America butting in the business of the Middle East. You seem very trusting of the corrupt govt America has. You still believe Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction right? LOL
  • Knock_Twice
    Options

The Arab League doesn't want America butting in the business of the Middle East. You seem very trusting of the corrupt govt America has. You still believe Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction right? LOL

It's not me having trust in our gov't..I could give two ? ...right is right and wrong is wrong no matter who is doing it..I feel if you protect and do for one...you should do for the other if you have those sources to do so...that's what I'm sayin...be fair all around...

• Knock_Twice
    Options

I understand and get the whole "it aint American business" but at the same rate...let it don't be "american business" in 'all' cases..not just this one...but since they did for one instances and got in other folks mess..as history tells us..lets not pull back now and then 4 years later..we stick our neck out to help another country or group of ppl but over look what's going on here...
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2013
    Options

I understand and get the whole "it aint American business" but at the same rate...let it don't be "american business" in 'all' cases..not just this one...but since they did for one instances and got in other folks mess..as history tells us..lets not pull back now and then 4 years later..we stick our neck out to help another country or group of ppl but over look what's going on here...

So you want America to get involved in EVVVVEEERYYY conflict that goes on around the world where innocents are being killed? So why aren't we getting involved in the war in the Congo? MIllions have died in that war and Obama hasn't done ? . Israel is stealing land and water from Palestinians, how come America is not doing anything in that case?

People in Iraq are being killed all the time by the civil war going on over there, same with Egypt. You want America to get involved in ALLLLLLLLLLL of these conflicts worldwide? LOL come on man you can't be serious. America would go bankrupt if we followed your advice. The bloodthirsty, warmongering American govt has to learn to say NO, same with the bloodthirsty supporters of American govt, such as Furiousone aka ? One.
  • Knock_Twice
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Dude lol..I see that you only see letters and don't fully comprehend...

1. I stated we should do the same for "all" if we have the sources..I clearly stated this..so of course it would be dumb to get into all wars and mess if we don't have the sources

2. I also stated that we as country shouldn't be protecting and choosing certain wars to get into...I stated also if we protect one group of ppl...we should do the same...fair is fair...Congo been going to war, before Obama got into office lil brother...all I'm saying is, the consistency is not there with America...it's a joke...and like a poster stated we dabble in things that will benefit America after everything is said and done...my posts were coming from if you go do 1 thing..do it for all....

Not once I stated oh what we doing for one and not the other is the good ole American way...no..I just stated the unfairness America take on things...
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    If son wants to ? his own people thrn let him. They a bunch of barbaric animals anyway. Why US getting involved like they used it on us?

fix the economy before you police the world you ?

Word, like my uncle Tony once told me and I'm paraphrasing, "We need to stay the ? from over there."
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Options
    some of ya'll acting like a bunch of ? scared of sending some bombs over to Syria. I bet the Air Force been dying to use them laser guided bombs on the new F-35's and you know how it is with the B-2 anytime we can roll out the Stealth Bomber oohhhhhh lawdy lawdy ? gun be poppin at Assad's palace.

I come on the IC though and of course its boo hoo hoo we need to stay out America is a war monger why don't we do that ? in the Congo.. you know why? they aren't systematically using chemical warfare against women and kids right after we asked them not to. and the ? isn't happening next door to the EU and Israel either. Obama told Assad don't do it - dude said ? it and gassed hundreds of kids to death like 'what now you shook?' and now you'd rather let that ? slide and back down all scared? of what? mufucker our Air Force and Navy could flatten the entire region without setting a boot on the ground if we felt like it. Clinton woulda had that ? done by now ya'll must not remember Kosovo or all the limited strikes he used to do against Iraq to check Saddam. man ? that, I hope we bomb the ? out of that ?
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    The sooner that dictator gets toppled the better. This animal is willing to use chemical weapons against his own people just to cling on to his power.

I really wish we could bomb them countries into the ground so we could stop hearing about this ? .
    Doubletee wrote: »
    I really wish we could bomb them countries into the ground so we could stop hearing about this ? .

Forreal..the whole middle east need to just "disappear".Everybody!!! women and children...tired of this ? .

Why does the U.S. gotta bomb ANYBODY?

You don't hear Canada talking about taking action against Syria.

You don't hear Sweden talking about taking action against Syria and etc, etc...

First of all, how do we even know it's the Syrian government using chemicals against civilians?

Where's your proof? John Kerry said so, therefore it must be true. GTFOH!

For all we know, it could be the so-called rebels committing these atrocities and blaming it on "The Regime".

These rebels might be aligned with Al-Qeada or other terrorist organizations in an attempt to overthrow the Syrian government.

And the U.S. is all too ready and willing to get involved in another war without knowing all the facts. SMH

That's none of our business and we don't need to be spending any more loot fighting wars overseas.

no doubt ... the real reason is this tho

the US pretty much controls iraq which is inbetween SYRIA and IRAN. By taking syria, which is what the outcome of this will be, the US will have more real estate over there when it goes at iran ... eventually.

not to mention that area has always been key to global dominance so the more you control it...... you know the rest
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2013
    Options
    some of ya'll acting like a bunch of ? scared of sending some bombs over to Syria. I bet the Air Force been dying to use them laser guided bombs on the new F-35's and you know how it is with the B-2 anytime we can roll out the Stealth Bomber oohhhhhh lawdy lawdy ? gun be poppin at Assad's palace.

I come on the IC though and of course its boo hoo hoo we need to stay out America is a war monger why don't we do that ? in the Congo.. you know why? they aren't systematically using chemical warfare against women and kids right after we asked them not to. and the ? isn't happening next door to the EU and Israel either. Obama told Assad don't do it - dude said ? it and gassed hundreds of kids to death like 'what now you shook?' and now you'd rather let that ? slide and back down all scared? of what? mufucker our Air Force and Navy could flatten the entire region without setting a boot on the ground if we felt like it. Clinton woulda had that ? done by now ya'll must not remember Kosovo or all the limited strikes he used to do against Iraq to check Saddam. man ? that, I hope we bomb the ? out of that ?

Obama did say if Syria uses chemical weapons, it would be a redline crossed but hey guess what? The Arab League does not support airstrikes against Syria. Neither does the United Nations and neither do most Americans. If sending all those missiles to Syria is mostly about Obama not looking weak, then why doesn't Obama encourage other nations to bomb Syria. OH THAT'S RIGHT, few nations want war now, at a time when global unemployment is high and money is running dry.

If most Americans and most nations around the world don't want another ? adventure led by America, then Obama should do the smart thing and mind his own business. And for the record, according to the Syrian govt, Syrian rebels ALSO used chemical weapons LOL......but you and other gullible people will believe everything America says right? Saddam really did have weapons of mass destruction according to you huh? LOL damn with people like you, no wonder Americans are always getting blown up in some part of the world.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    edited August 2013
    Options
    wtf - did you just say 'according to the Syrian govt'?? you need to do some reading: http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/08/30/government-assessment-syrian-government-s-use-chemical-weapons-august-21

we know the government has the stock, prepared for, and carried out the attack. we also know that the rebels do not even have the stock nor the capability to carry out the attack. you're calling me gullible but you rather believe what Assad and the Syrian government is telling you??? my ? man this can't be life, people like you really make me wonder. you need to just up and leave this country for good if you will believe the Syrian government over your own domestic government. you must be paranoid as ? in daily life - they coming for you man and I don't blame them ole sympathizer to a dictator that gasses hundreds of women and children with chemical weapons, you have a local Al-Queda cell to fall back on yet?
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    Options
    even France more trill than half you ? . gonna tell me France is ready to go in but ya'll out here whining about you don't want to start a war. the French ? !
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    Options
    The sooner that dictator gets toppled the better. This animal is willing to use chemical weapons against his own people just to cling on to his power.

Forreal..the whole middle east need to just "disappear".Everybody!!! women and children...tired of this ? .

First of all, how do we even know it's the Syrian government using chemicals against civilians?

For all we know, it could be the so-called rebels committing these atrocities and blaming it on "The Regime".

These rebels might be aligned with Al-Qeada or other terrorist organizations in an attempt to overthrow the Syrian government.

And the U.S. is all too ready and willing to get involved in another war without knowing all the facts. SMH

That's none of our business and we don't need to be spending any more loot fighting wars overseas.

the US pretty much controls iraq which is inbetween SYRIA and IRAN. By taking syria, which is what the outcome of this will be, the US will have more real estate over there when it goes at iran ... eventually.

not to mention that area has always been key to global dominance so the more you control it...... you know the rest

no doubt my ass.. wtf is this ? . both these posts are garbage. you will believe ANYTHING as long as it portrays America as some evil empire. doesn't matter how senseless or stupid.
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2013
    Options
    wtf - did you just say 'according to the Syrian govt'?? you need to do some reading: http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/08/30/government-assessment-syrian-government-s-use-chemical-weapons-august-21

we know the government has the stock, prepared for, and carried out the attack. we also know that the rebels do not even have the stock nor the capability to carry out the attack. you're calling me gullible but you rather believe what Assad and the Syrian government is telling you??? my ? man this can't be life, people like you really make me wonder. you need to just up and leave this country for good if you will believe the Syrian government over your own domestic government. you must be paranoid as ? in daily life - they coming for you man and I don't blame them ole sympathizer to a dictator that gasses hundreds of women and children with chemical weapons, you have a local Al-Queda cell to fall back on yet?

AHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! You actually giving me a link to what the crooked, ? corrupt ass White House has to say on this issue?? AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!! So you're just as gullible as I thought you were....America lied its ass off to get us involved in the war in Iraq, and Obama being Bush's third term, has shown a very consistent pattern to his lying as well. The United Nations hasn't finished doing its investigation to see if chemical weapons were even being used by the Syrian govt. We've been down this road before back in 2003 and back in the 60s when America lied to get us more involved in Vietnam. How old are you, 17? You don't know much about the evil empire known as America man, you obviously watch a lot of Fox News and **trying tol hold laughter** lots of Whitehouse.gov postings.....
  • kingblaze84
    edited August 2013
    Options

no doubt my ass.. wtf is this ? . both these posts are garbage. you will believe ANYTHING as long as it portrays America as some evil empire. doesn't matter how senseless or stupid.

America IS an evil empire though. Reagan supported apartheid, we have been waging war for oil and resources in the Middle East for decades now and the CIA recently admitted it overthrew the DEMOCRATICALLY elected govt of Iran back in 1953. America is the biggest terrorist nation on the face of the planet. So yeah bro.....America is an evil empire. Read some books young one.

A J = young version of Heyslick, ? Cheney and Ronald Reagan.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    Options
    so I'm guessing you won't even bother to read the press release as its a given whatever the government says is a lie. that's extremely close minded.
    Multiple streams of intelligence indicate that the regime executed a rocket and artillery attack against the Damascus suburbs in the early hours of August 21. Satellite detections corroborate that attacks from a regime-controlled area struck neighborhoods where the chemical attacks reportedly occurred – including Kafr Batna, Jawbar, ‘Ayn Tarma, Darayya, and Mu’addamiyah. This includes the detection of rocket launches from regime controlled territory early in the morning, approximately 90 minutes before the first report of a chemical attack appeared in social media. The lack of flight activity or missile launches also leads us to conclude that the regime used rockets in the attack.

Local social media reports of a chemical attack in the Damascus suburbs began at 2:30 a.m. local time on August 21. Within the next four hours there were thousands of social media reports on this attack from at least 12 different locations in the Damascus area. Multiple accounts described chemical-filled rockets impacting opposition-controlled areas.
    Three hospitals in the Damascus area received approximately 3,600 patients displaying symptoms consistent with nerve agent exposure in less than three hours on the morning of August 21, according to a highly credible international humanitarian organization. The reported symptoms, and the epidemiological pattern of events – characterized by the massive influx of patients in a short period of time, the origin of the patients, and the contamination of medical and first aid workers – were consistent with mass exposure to a nerve agent. We also received reports from international and Syrian medical personnel on the ground.

We have identified one hundred videos attributed to the attack, many of which show large numbers of bodies exhibiting physical signs consistent with, but not unique to, nerve agent exposure. The reported symptoms of victims included unconsciousness, foaming from the nose and mouth, constricted pupils, rapid heartbeat, and difficulty breathing. Several of the videos show what appear to be numerous fatalities with no visible injuries, which is consistent with death from chemical weapons, and inconsistent with death from small-arms, high-explosive munitions or blister agents. At least 12 locations are portrayed in the publicly available videos, and a sampling of those videos confirmed that some were shot at the general times and locations described in the footage.

? i don't know why i even bother.. if it came from the government it must be a lie right? why do you live here then can't afford a passport?
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IC people chemicals are no joke. If Obama lets that go its a signal to all the other crazy dictators to act the same!
    Imo chemicals against soldiers is gross to begin. No excuse for using it against your own people. I highly doubt that the rebels are gasing their fellow citizen in order to win...