Year 2: RG3, Luck, Wilson, or Kaepernick?

Options

Comments

• TheGambinoLegacy
    TheGambinoLegacy Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Kaepernick
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Colin Krapdick
    Please tell me you didnt edit that yourself @TheGambinoLegacy

i most certainly did

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Outside of Wilson, the NFC West is ? .

Collie K's got the best overall team around him. The Seahawks are a great team, but I don't think they can knock off the Niners.

Luck will be solid, but either Russell or Collie will put up better numbers while having a better team record, watch.

Something tells me RG3 will get knocked off that horse the media has him on this season, a la Johnny Menzel.

umm u kno the nfc west is the toughest division in the nfc rite? the rams although not elite yet are not pushovers and the 49ers n Seattle are the top 2 teams n the nfc..

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Outside of Wilson, the NFC West is ? .

Collie K's got the best overall team around him. The Seahawks are a great team, but I don't think they can knock off the Niners.

Luck will be solid, but either Russell or Collie will put up better numbers while having a better team record, watch.

Something tells me RG3 will get knocked off that horse the media has him on this season, a la Johnny Menzel.

kobe_wtf-1.gif

No?

The Rams are a threat, ? ?

The Cardinals?

C'mon, yo. That division is a two-team race now. The Seahawks and Niners.

And yeah, RG3 is being hyped up to fail this season.

rams took the 49ers to a overtime tie last year.. yea arizona aint the best but again dont sleep on them offensively..

by yo logic EVERY division is weak... most divisions are a one team show... you lucky 2 get 2 solid teams in the same division..
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Luck
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Luck imo is the best QB out of the 4 although I hope Wilson has a good yr and I aint even a Sea Hawks fan.

Funny what perception can do.

Luck is the "traditonal" passer, yet he has the lowest completion percentage and most interceptions of all 4.

You still believe that bruh?
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wilson
    Luck imo is the best QB out of the 4 although I hope Wilson has a good yr and I aint even a Sea Hawks fan.

Luck is the "traditonal" passer, yet he has the lowest completion percentage and most interceptions of all 4.

Luck also threw the ball more than 620+ times compared to 300+ for Wilson and RGIII. Luck was drafted to do nothing else but to throw the damn football.

Just want to share my perspective on the young QB's, so bear with me.

I see RGIII as the most talented of the young guys. If his health is not an issue throughout his career, he could easily be seen as the best of 'em. Dude can do everything on the football field, and he maybe an even bigger duel threat then Mike Vick ever was because of his ability to throw the football accurately on a consistent basis.

Luck is the young prototype QB that every fan wants. Big, strong, smart, can make every throw that needs to be made, etc. Like I said, he threw the ball as much as any QB last year as a rook, and as he gains more knowledge of the game his turnovers will decrease. I can see a couple of 5,000 passing yards in his career, if Indy get's more weapons around him.

From all of the talk in the draft last year, I constantly heard that Wilson ran a pro style offense in college so I would say he was the most NFL ready of the three. Although he's short in stature, I don't see that hindering his progression in the league. Also, he plays with one of the best defenses in football, so there's not as much pressure on him to play his best all the time. I picked him to have the best season of those three in terms of wins, playoffs, etc.

Lastly there's Kaepernick, who may be the best athlete of the young dudes. Only question I have about him is can he THROW the football 30-40 times to beat a team. He did it against Green Bay, but has struggled a lil bit against the other teams San Fran has faced off against. He's a problem, just needs to develop as a passer.

Got kinda long winded, but am I wrong on any of this? Disagree/Agree?

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wilson
    SupremeXXV wrote: »

Luck also threw the ball more than 620+ times compared to 300+ for Wilson and RGIII. Luck was drafted to do nothing else but to throw the damn football.

I see RGIII as the most talented of the young guys. If his health is not an issue throughout his career, he could easily be seen as the best of 'em. Dude can do everything on the football field, and he maybe an even bigger duel threat then Mike Vick ever was because of his ability to throw the football accurately on a consistent basis.

Luck is the young prototype QB that every fan wants. Big, strong, smart, can make every throw that needs to be made, etc. Like I said, he threw the ball as much as any QB last year as a rook, and as he gains more knowledge of the game his turnovers will decrease. I can see a couple of 5,000 passing yards in his career, if Indy get's more weapons around him.

From all of the talk in the draft last year, I constantly heard that Wilson ran a pro style offense in college so I would say he was the most NFL ready of the three. Although he's short in stature, I don't see that hindering his progression in the league. Also, he plays with one of the best defenses in football, so there's not as much pressure on him to play his best all the time. I picked him to have the best season of those three in terms of wins, playoffs, etc.

Lastly there's Kaepernick, who may be the best athlete of the young dudes. Only question I have about him is can he THROW the football 30-40 times to beat a team. He did it against Green Bay, but has struggled a lil bit against the other teams San Fran has faced off against. He's a problem, just needs to develop as a passer.

Luck was EASILY (correctly) perceived to be the most NFL ready out of the 4. Hence him being drafted first. Stanford ran a pro style offense as well. And no way is RG3 the most talented. The only thing a healthy RG3 has over him is speed. That's it.

• SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wilson
    coop9889 wrote: »
    SupremeXXV wrote: »

Luck was EASILY (correctly) perceived to be the most NFL ready out of the 4. Hence him being drafted first. Stanford ran a pro style offense as well. And no way is RG3 the most talented. The only thing a healthy RG3 has over him is speed. That's it.

Forgot to add that about Luck. I like RG over Luck, but I don't disagree with anybody that sees it the other way.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Wilson
    I shoulda added Cam newton but congratz to all the smart ones who picked Wilson.
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Something special about Wilson man
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kaepernick
    I'm starting to believe Wilson joined the Illuminati wit Carroll

dude is too nice...I really hope we can bottle his ass up next Sunday..and have Kap just not ? up the game
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freudian wrote: »

word skill wise and intangible wise id take wilson over all the new young qbs

hes unreal

never seems rattled or out of sorts gets the ball goes through the motions extends the play if he needs to and always seems to make the right reads and takes care of the ball

a more athletic drew brees
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Kaepernick
    No?

The Rams are a threat, ? ?

The Cardinals?

C'mon, yo. That division is a two-team race now. The Seahawks and Niners.

And yeah, RG3 is being hyped up to fail this season.

Bingo. As a Skins fan i think his blind confidence is a problem. I question if anyone can get into his head, b/c he's straight up playin poor as a QB.
    S2J wrote: »

Luck is the "traditonal" passer, yet he has the lowest completion percentage and most interceptions of all 4

Luck is the 26th ranked passer in the NFL this year.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Wilson
    ckfree wrote: »

hes unreal

never seems rattled or out of sorts gets the ball goes through the motions extends the play if he needs to and always seems to make the right reads and takes care of the ball

I dunno how to put my finger on it but he's like a barely almost 6 foot Doug Flutie with a Tom Brady calmness/mindset with a touch of Steve Young's form when he holds the ball and is about to run or pass. I think his numbers will start to match his winning percentage in the future.

• Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wilson
    RG III? Hell nah
    Luck? Give him time, and some better supporting players and he'll be there
    Kaepernick? Jury is still out as far as im concerned
    Wilson: Only reason is that i like his way of playing the game.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GodGivBiz wrote: »
    ckfree wrote: »

hes unreal

I dunno how to put my finger on it but he's like a barely almost 6 foot Doug Flutie with a Tom Brady calmness/mindset with a touch of Steve Young's form when he holds the ball and is about to run or pass. I think his numbers will start to match his winning percentage in the future.

only if youre in fantasy or a fan of the team would you know their receiver names

i wouldnt even worry about durability either he never forgets hes 5"10 out there he aint gonna mess up that head full of eyebrow hair by taking unnecessary hits hes so far ahead of the curve
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kaepernick
    wilson as of right now
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I saw Wilson on the street and didn't know he was a NFL baller I would think he's a red dot hindu IT support guy
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao @ head full of eyebrow hair...
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wilson
    *primetime voice* First name russeeell..lasst name willson
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wilson
    Luck's been playin kinda bad. Without the slack he gets for being a rookie, his numbers are lookin real ? . Dude may be waiting until his 3rd year in the league to reach a 60% completion rate. Wayne went down, and Luck fell off.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wilson
    Russell Wilson winnin
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wilson
    ? damn.. how is kaepernick winning?...he's the weakest one out of all the young qbs.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Wilson
    Hilarious thread.
    @greenwood1921
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Luck
    Parallel wrote: »
    Still sticking with my original vote.

• BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Luck has no oline no RBs and makes his receivers...