"H-Town": The Official 2013-2014 Houston Rockets Thread

Options

Comments

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had a scare tonight with Harden banging knees with Quincy pondexter. But they say he should be good to go.

It's time.......
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Dwight gettin at marc gasol for the foul on beverley...i like that.@Hustle,i think its just a minor bruise nothing serious. KC better gon with dat ? tho...with that being said lemme gon head and pay my tithes before the season tipoff.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had a scare tonight with Harden banging knees with Quincy pondexter. But they say he should be good to go.

It's time.......

Lol they said harden ordered some chicken fingers and told keith jones if he doesn't pay for them he's going back in. Gasol and Dwight prolly gon go at it this year, I remember last year dwight said it was "funny" that gasol won dpoy
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ making that ? pay for his chicken fingers though.

Seasons almost here
    Can't wait for the opener.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the Rockets might be overrated. Asik and Howard in the starting lineup is not going to work. Some good Defensive teams will guard Lin tight and pressure him. Lin relies on Pick and Rolls to advance the ball/make a play neither Howard or Asik are pick and roll/pop type bigs.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    I think the Rockets might be overrated. Asik and Howard in the starting lineup is not going to work. Some good Defensive teams will guard Lin tight and pressure him. Lin relies on Pick and Rolls to advance the ball/make a play neither Howard or Asik are pick and roll/pop type bigs.

What do you mean when you say overrated? Because if you mean finishing 3-5 I agree. But you're taking about offense just like everyone else which is where you're in the wrong. We don't need howard for offense. Our offense runs itself and we have one of the youngest teams in the league so we're only going to improve Also you brought up Lin who is a good pick and roll player and is our fourth option. We'll finish 3rd or 4th in the wc this year and hopefully improve on that next year.
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    CSN hearing going on right now. I hope they come to some kind of resolution because this ? is killing me. Still can't watch the squad do work unless its on national tv.
  • ThatPigskinGuy007
    ThatPigskinGuy007 Members Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Options
    CSN hearing going on right now. I hope they come to some kind of resolution because this ? is killing me. Still can't watch the squad do work unless its on national tv.

Hell yeah, ? me off. I'm on the radio hearing 610 am for any updates.
  • HustleThaDon
    Options

Hell yeah, ? me off. I'm on the radio hearing 610 am for any updates.

Idk if you're a Twitter user but if you are follow @dfbarron

He's a reporter for the Houston Chronicle and he's tweeting live info from the Hearing.
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    Looks like Patrick Beverley has won the starting PG role. I'd actually think he'd be better suited coming off the bench but given his abilities on the defensive end I see why McHale madethat move.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    Yea I think it's mainly defensive. Plus Lin plays better without harden so he can play the ginobili role. Bev is also a better spot up 3 pt shooter.
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-a-ord.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/58512_638150252898401_81014931_n.jpg[/img]
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Beverly is our starter, any problems with this?
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    So Beverly is our starter, any problems with this?

Not at all, defensively we will be stacked and he can hit the open 3 as well. I still like Jeremy Lin but I think he has the potential to flourish in a sixth man type role and he can still play with the starters too. Only a few more hours fellas!
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    I saw a completely different team tonight I don't care if it's the bobcats. The paint seemed so small and there were times where Dwight and Asik were at the rim at the same time contesting shots.
    Now to the offense. .. Ehhh ? was ugly at times especially in the first half. It's almost like Howard and Harden make up their mind before hand that they need to shoot because they haven't touched the ball in a minute. Lin balled, the shot looks better and you can tell he has a chip on his shoulder. Sisco was raining as well. Overall aiight game from the squad but I like what I saw...
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jeremy Lin played really well last night, he shot the ball with confidence and just looked more comfortable all around. Definitely want to see some more ball movement though....
  • CJ
    Options
    Offense was ehh need more movement.

Sisco & Jeremy 35 off the bench was a good look.

Can't wait til Friday, will be interesting to see if the starting lineup stays the same. Considering how josh ? mcroberts was raining 3's imagine what dirk can do.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Offense was ehh need more movement.

Sisco & Jeremy 35 off the bench was a good look.

Can't wait til Friday, will be interesting to see if the starting lineup stays the same. Considering how josh ? mcroberts was raining 3's imagine what dirk can do.

Yea that lineup ain't gonna work against any team that has a pf that can shoot 3s. Those line drive 3s from McRoberts garbage ass were ? me off. MKG was out there looking like Ronnie brewer jr.... smh ? has no jumper....
  • CJ
    Options
    Word I don't see it with MGK

Clyde said it best lastnight unless he develops a consistent jumper he gonna be a average @ best career player.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    Bev out 10-14 days. Damn that's a big loss but in glad we have ab. Gonna be hard to judge our defense without Bev on the floor
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    Good game last night. Dwight was a monster on the boards again but we let up. Lin played well again but too many turnovers and dumb passes by him and harden. Despite that harden went off and was efficient as hell. They tried intentionally fouling d12 once they knew they couldn't stop us and that and the matchup zone killed us for a little while. You can tell it's all mental with Dwight because once he hit one he hit like 4 in a row. Can't let up tonight against Utah no reason we shouldn't beat them tonight....
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    Rockets already have more wins than the Texans and played 4 less games smh
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    HustleMob wrote: »
    Rockets already have more wins than the Texans and played 4 less games smh

Lmao shaub da gawd... aye but I was right bruh clips monday and blazers Tuesday
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    Yeah that's my fault. That Clippers game will be an early measuring stick.