"H-Town": The Official 2013-2014 Houston Rockets Thread

Options

Comments

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First 3-0 start in 20 years. Started 15-0 the year we won our first title.

#clutchcityreloaded
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    Correction....first 3-0 start in 5 years.
  • Houston Texan
    Houston Texan Members Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Chandler Parsons finally showed up last night.
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    Harden is so ? pathetic on defense.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? defense was disgusting lastnight along with the rest of the team.
  • Houston Texan
    Options
    Man how did Howard, Lin, and Harden all get in foul trouble in the first half? The defense was pathetic also, but they got the Clippers again Saturday at home.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looked WAAAYYY better lastnight even saw James get a block almost spilled my drink.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Looked WAAAYYY better lastnight even saw James get a block almost spilled my drink.

2 of em! ? trynna say defense is why we won. Who's defense? Damn sure not yours. On a side note Parsons defense has fallen the ? off. Any of y'all remember how good of a defender he was his rookie year?
  • Houston Texan
    Options
    Parsons needs to pick it up period...We need to let go of Jeremy Lin, he doesn't add anything to this team.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    Parsons needs to pick it up period...We need to let go of Jeremy Lin, he doesn't add anything to this team.

Odd you would say that now when Lin has been playing the best ball since he got here. I'm not a lin fan at all but his shot improved, he played really good d on lillard yesterday. He's averaging 15 ppg on 53% shooting from the field and 42% three point shooting. I said before the year I thought he would play much better this year and he has
  • Houston Texan
    Options

Odd you would say that now when Lin has been playing the best ball since he got here. I'm not a lin fan at all but his shot improved, he played really good d on lillard yesterday. He's averaging 15 ppg on 53% shooting from the field and 42% three point shooting. I said before the year I thought he would play much better this year and he has

He has been playing better, but I just don't see him fitting on the court with Harden, Howard, and Parsons. With this salary cap, its hard to pay your backup point 8 million a year.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lake Show game winner !!!!

Lin and Harden arguing in the locker room
    #dwight effect
  • Houston Texan
    Options
    McHale let Pringles out coach him..smh...but McHale needs to let go of trying to start Howard and Asik...it's not working.
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    Lol Damn this thread died but ? it.

13-5 first month of the season ill take that. We need to get healthy though.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    Tonight was big man. I'm not putting too much stock in one game but our defense and rotations were way tighter tonight. Again we stopped giving dwight the ball after a hot first quarter but we have so many shooters we have to. I was thinking who this team reminds me of and to be real were a poor man's version of the spurs. Any player can step up on any given night and we run our offense like clockwork. We aren't ? with SA or OKC yet but best believe we can grab the 3 seed. I know I know titangraph my bad
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^ hope so cuz the Lake show grabbing that 6

#firstroundmatchup
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    ^^^^ hope so cuz the Lake show grabbing that 6

#firstroundmatchup

Yall dont want these problems lol
  • Houston Texan
    Options
    Nice win last night...The Beard showed out in the 4th quarter.

• southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still don't like the fact that we cant seem to get into any type of offense late in games when when we need a bucket or need to slow it down. A lot of possession end on a bad turnover or a contested three.

Dwight Howard has to be more aggressive in the paint and demand the ball but at the same time our guards and coach need to do a better job of making him a priority and get him involved.

Terrance Jones has been balling and may have sewed up that vacant PF position. Omri Casspi has also been playing very well for us, that was an underrated pick up.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    So we asking for 2 first rounders for Omer lmao. Morey trollin but I think if we can get 1 that's getting flipped at the deadline along with Lin. Now that's only if AB and T Jones can keep it up and I'm not saying Lin isn't playing well or that ab is better but if we can flip him for a good player we will.
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    Terrence Jones playing the way he has has given the Rockets the leverage again in regards to Omer.
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    Asik out for at least a week smh with a thigh contusion. Injury bug continues to kick our ass.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    So asik is most likely gonna be moved by the 19th. We still want the lottery pick which I'm pretty sure will be moved at the deadline after we get more time to see what we do/don't need
  • HustleThaDon
    Options
    I think we need another PG. Beverley doesn't score enough for my liking.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    HustleMob wrote: »
    I think we need another PG. Beverley doesn't score enough for my liking.

Disagree. Trust me I'm sick of seeing bev drive to the middle of the court only for nothing to happened time and time again but on THIS TEAM we need a player like him. We already don't have enough good perimeter defenders as is and he's a very good spot up 3pt shooter.