Big KRIT To Release New Album "Cadillactica "

Options

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    he bout to be 5 albums in... im sorry but with his type of quality of music he already a legend.

bruh....
    AggyAF wrote: »
    he bout to be 5 albums in... im sorry but with his type of quality of music he already a legend.

Quality music isnt enough to be a legend

y not, whats he missing?

btw im not ready to say legendary status just yet, but he's on the proper trajectory, now that cant be denied.

The reason u can't label a mixtape a classic is simply cause of sample clearances. There's been many of classic songs not being able to be put on albums cause of samples. If you can't get the sample cleared that ? don't count, if you could a lot of ? would have classics off of other ppl's music.

So a song like UGK's, "One Day You Gone" or Snoop's, "Gin And Juice", wouldn't be classics had they not gotten clearance? You don't judge music off a technicality or it being free.

The only thing a sample clearance represents is authorization of use from the owner. It was still a good song regardless of the clearance. An uncleared classic song. And a cleared sample is still a classic off of someone else music. And if it's just the principle of the matter, that doesn't change what the song tangibly is either. So that logic is flawed.

You don't use a receipt and PO number to judge the impact of music. And where you purchase it don't matter either, long as it's official. Some opt to not let Amazon, Itunes, or other big stores dig into the profits and sell it themselves elsewhere.

Exactly my point, it can't be official if the owner of the song doesn't give u authorization to use it. There's been albums taken off the shelf and never sold again because of this.

Anyway, on to the music....
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't coming in here no more this week. See y'all nig nogs when when the album drops
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Intro so smooth
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Almost done with that album, way better then live from the underground. I'll say maybe on par with his last mixtape that came out last year .
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    He didn't have to change the mount Olympus beat still dope tho
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dayum with all the new music that has dropped, why it couldn't be over the summer

Album is good...

I think angels get high...Lol...

• andre_1024
    andre_1024 Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He didn't have to change the mount Olympus beat still dope tho

He said he had to because of sample clearance issues
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Yeah last two months for rap been better than the whole year imo. Has something for everybody
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    I'm listening to it right now...wooooooooo
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Very dope album.....this is what I wanted to hear from Krit
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wooooooooo that "mo betta coo" hotta denna ? .... ohhh ? muthafucka got damn
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    alright ... just finishing my first listen of this ? .. and i must say it is vastly better than that ? LFTU ... listening to the quality on this album its laughable to even call that ? a "decent album" ... this is a record you can for the most part play from front to back .. something that Krit is known for .. smooth record all the way thru ..cohesive solid production .. good content ... but no My Sub part 1 coold ass beat flip moments ... no boobie miles moments .. no package store moments ...no rotation moments..no down and out .. no tracks that really make me want to hit that rewind due to how fire it was or how much he was gassing .. just good solid music .. nothing wrong with that .. ima give it a week to ride around with and see where it goes from there
  • YoungChamp
    YoungChamp Members Posts: 298 ✭✭
    Options
    This is a great album in a year that has produced almost trash all over. Big Krit has made a album true to himself. Something that's rare nowadays. Nothing seems forced for the radio. Not even "pay attention" record. I think him working with different producers really helped as well. The title track by dj dahi complements his style and the vibe u get from soul food is like raphael and Krit actually sat down and made the record organically rather than today's method of the emailing verses back and forth. I applaud Def Jam for not making him change his sound. Incredible is a way to describe this album. U can play it front to back. BTW Krit is the epitome of southern hip hop which is why I support his claim of King of the south. Not to mention he's spitting way harder than live from the underground record. I'm actually going to buy this album because good hip hop deserves support.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    I agree with jd, all around good: great effort but no stand out tracks .
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    ima keep it funky .. this ? need to get off that "i aint tryna sample" ? ... no ? ... you NEED to sample .. the soul the funk just aint the same on his albums as it is on his tapes ... i dont know if the ? tryna prove a point or just tryna get more dough (which i wouldnt blame him for) ... but bruh .. the ? clearly aint the same
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Intro reminds me of something that would appear on an OutKast album.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Intro reminds me of something that would appear on an OutKast album.
    That life song was bad tho

*goes back to listening
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Oh yhis title track bumps
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Migos/triplet flow on kots
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    I agree with jd, all around good: great effort but no stand out tracks .

That's always been my issue with his "albums". I'll give it a spin tonight.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So this is better than Live From The Underground?
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So this is better than Live From The Underground?

Definitely is. I am just 6 songs through and it is already better than that.