Comments

804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Do you love me is super cold.
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So this is better than Live From The Underground?

Much improved....
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Album is cool after 1st listen. I dont have much more to say other than he'll always stay in his own lane. Tempo of this album isnt much different than the 1st outside of "Mt Olympus"(new beat isnt ? wit the 1st one).
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    ima keep it funky .. this ? need to get off that "i aint tryna sample" ? ... no ? ... you NEED to sample .. the soul the funk just aint the same on his albums as it is on his tapes ... i dont know if the ? tryna prove a point or just tryna get more dough (which i wouldnt blame him for) ... but bruh .. the ? clearly aint the same

Have you seen any interview he's done on the promo for this album? He only moved away from sampling as much because 1. He got tired of changing the beats because he couldn't get certain samples cleared. He said the original version of Live From The Underground sounds completely different from the finished product because of the sample clearance issues and 2. He didn't produce this entire project like he's done everything before so different producers mean some won't sample or have Krit's personal style of beat making
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The sound is cohesive and similar throughout this album. Good flowing album.
  • BeardedFreak
    BeardedFreak Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it better than Jeezy, SIA?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is it better than Jeezy, SIA?

Yes
  • southernmade
    Options
    More live instrumentation on this album
  • Millions Knives
    Millions Knives Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Options
    I can't take it anymore...someone inbox me a link plz
  • southernmade
    Options
    I can't take it anymore...someone inbox me a link plz

Just go to npr.org it's streaming on that site
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    ima keep it funky .. this ? need to get off that "i aint tryna sample" ? ... no ? ... you NEED to sample .. the soul the funk just aint the same on his albums as it is on his tapes ... i dont know if the ? tryna prove a point or just tryna get more dough (which i wouldnt blame him for) ... but bruh .. the ? clearly aint the same

Have you seen any interview he's done on the promo for this album? He only moved away from sampling as much because 1. He got tired of changing the beats because he couldn't get certain samples cleared. He said the original version of Live From The Underground sounds completely different from the finished product because of the sample clearance issues and 2. He didn't produce this entire project like he's done everything before so different producers mean some won't sample or have Krit's personal style of beat making

You missing the point bruh ... There's ways to get around sample clearances... my point is that the sound the aesthetics to Krits music have always been heavily based in that soul ... them samples ... its like if rza all of a sudden stopped using ? drums or if dilla didn't have them obscure chops to his samples .. its just apart of his music ... he seems to be thinking too much about "not dealing with samples" instead of just creating the best art and then going from there and while he did a better job with this project i dont think even as time goes along that anyone will end up calling this record better than one of his tapes ... i just dont .. these albums sound distinctly different from the tapes and thats not to say he used NO samples cos im sure he did but again its just missing that extra touch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQflBV1UgVY

^^^ tell me when this ? comes on at the end of "my sub pt.1" you dont wanna put a chandelier inside of your honda? tell me you dont wanna pour you a cup of yak and throw on some cartiers ... bruh it just came out so of course its early to make some declaration but watch give this ? 6 months and come back to it... its missing that little seasoning
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will hear this album on the way home
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i got this ? but i knew i wasn't gonna be able to hear the whole junt on the way to work....gonna wait til i get off...get my daughter homework ? done...roll up and enjoy....my cousin called me 3 times on the way to work telling me how hard this ? crank.....like ? ? your plan put it on now.
  • Doubleday4life
    Doubleday4life Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i need this.. IN MY GTA voice lol
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    got it, this, stalley and boosie in heavy rotation
  • Millions Knives
    Millions Knives Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Options
    It was alright

The hype>>>>greater than the album unfortunately.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea it's a good album especially content wise...

But for me it's Stalley>>>>this...

Although this an album that will grow on me...
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ic be worse than jordan judging a dunk contest. I will be purchasing this
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NO I DONT WANT NO LANK

DAMMIT I LL RESIST!!!

I STAY OUT OF THE REASON UNTIL 11/11
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THAT cover is timeless
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got 10 GOATs for that hook up. I need that
  • YoungChamp
    YoungChamp Members Posts: 298 ✭✭
    Options
    After 2nd day of listening. "Angels" is my favorite track so Smooth. I mean krit evokes an aura of southern classics such as ATLiens and Supatight without coming off as a copycat. Props for the live instrumentation too. It's very under valued in this day and time. Cadillactica isn't a 5 mic but it's damn near close. Cats in the south just as myself will keep this in rotation for a long time. People gonna critique but don't front like it ain't dope. It was worth the wait.
  • YoungChamp
    Options
    That's Super Tight by UGK for u squares
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On some real G ? my ?

I aint ever purchased an album legally in my life

The only thing I ever acquired legally music wise was Snoop Doggs ? and that was a cassette tape that my mama got me for Christmas one year

This gone be the first album I ever buy If I make it.. but at the same time I'm feelin a lil niggerish... I need words of encouragement brothers, prayers maybe even, to stop me from coppin this bootleg..
  • YoungChamp
    Options
    Dang I wish the "Standby" interlude was a full song