THE DARK SIDE OF THE BIBLE- SATAN VS JEHOVAH (YOU JUDGE )

Options

Comments

• Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Anansi wrote: »
    @zombie the bible and according to ? describes attempting to do sin as committing the sin itself so I disagree with that statement. So according to your logic, who committed the first sin then?

nah see i was talking about ? bringing judgement in reference to the results of actually ACTIONS in the OT.

THE FIRST SIN ON EARTH I BLAME ADAM.

I see, many instances in the bible he threatened his people and yet being the "? " that he is, gave them a way out.

How do you blame Adam when Lucifer was the con artist? What is your whole view on the bible?

I BLAME adam for the first sin on earth, eve was tricked but adam was not he ate it willingly without being tempted by the devil. what are you asking me when you say "what is your whole view on the bible"

Pretty much trying to seek out if you believe the 66 books alone isn't the general makeup of the laws of Israel and the teachings of christ?

so you want to know if i believe in the so called apocrypha. the answer is yes but not all of them.

So then, like any book, reading from pages 1-30 and having pages 31-60 missing will leave readers dumbfounded right?
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »
    alissowack wrote: »
    If the thread is meant to show that ? is the "bad guy", then my hope is that people reconsider. The Devil is not immune to doing good things. It's even said in the Bible that he can disguise himself as an "angel of light". He can play nice and give good gifts. Morality is his best weapon nowadays for all he needs to do is get the world thinking that a person's actions are far more credible than the intentions...or the heart of the matter; that good morals make for a "sinless" person and he has accomplished a lot. "If I can be good all by myself, then I don't need ? for anything else", is what the Devil wants us to believe.

Based on your logic. Allah could be ? because the Quran says he is.

We all know that this thread is about what the Bible says...whether it be believed to be good or bad. I posted things in reference to what I believe the Bible to be saying...whether right or wrong. I don't see where I am suggesting that the Bible is the only book that uses a deity as a source to life. Sure, it can be said that Allah is ? because the Quran says so but I'm not referencing that book.
  • alissowack
    Options
    If the thread is meant to show that ? is the "bad guy", then my hope is that people reconsider. The Devil is not immune to doing good things. It's even said in the Bible that he can disguise himself as an "angel of light". He can play nice and give good gifts. Morality is his best weapon nowadays for all he needs to do is get the world thinking that a person's actions are far more credible than the intentions...or the heart of the matter; that good morals make for a "sinless" person and he has accomplished a lot. "If I can be good all by myself, then I don't need ? for anything else", is what the Devil wants us to believe.

We're just presenting texts and stories from the good book to determine who commits more murder, ? and pillage, devil or man under the command of ?

Yeah...sounds like a line that even the Devil himself would use...just "look" at what ? and His People have done compared to me!!! Pay no mind "the details". My hands are clean (or less bloodier)!!!!

According to the Bible, because of sin, mankind is fair gain. With the exception of Jesus, there is no such thing as a "good" person in eyes of ? .

Lol my fellow brethren....even ? himself realized his folly in the book and promised never to destroy his creations again or nah?

To say that you know it be folly is to say you have the mind of ? . I can't even say what ? intends for everyday happenings of life so for you to call it so...you must ? .
  • Rasta.
    Options

We're just presenting texts and stories from the good book to determine who commits more murder, ? and pillage, devil or man under the command of ?

Yeah...sounds like a line that even the Devil himself would use...just "look" at what ? and His People have done compared to me!!! Pay no mind "the details". My hands are clean (or less bloodier)!!!!

According to the Bible, because of sin, mankind is fair gain. With the exception of Jesus, there is no such thing as a "good" person in eyes of ? .

Lol my fellow brethren....even ? himself realized his folly in the book and promised never to destroy his creations again or nah?

To say that you know it be folly is to say you have the mind of ? . I can't even say what ? intends for everyday happenings of life so for you to call it so...you must ? .

I'm not ? but the soul that i am reasons that for him to say he'll not destroy his creations again with flood or any other source seems to me he regretted his actions or i worded it wrong?
  • alissowack
    Options
    The purpose of this thread as i clearly outline in the first page was to discern who caused more death, ? or pillagery in the bible? So because kids tease an old man, ? commands a bear to rip them to shreds?
    Why is ? watching from a distance when his people perish brah? I need you to intellectually analyze my intent and not from faith...

As a dog returneth to his ? , so a fool returneth to his folly. Proverbs 26:11

You still talking this out of context bullsh*t even after I showed you the erroneous translation of that passage.
    .......and yet you claim to be asking sincere questions and not have an antagonistic agenda.

BASED ON THIS I WON'T BE RETURNING TO THIS THREAD .......IT'S NOT WORTHY OF A RESPONSE

PEACE

Shalom! Here's the thing with Christians and the Bible, why do you always think someone has an agenda? And like written text, anyone can pick and choose which parts to use in an argument. You chose a particular sect of language in its translation to debunk what i presented. I do agree that with more translations, a word tends to lose it's definitive meaning so from Aramaic to english, definitely some components have been lost. Also i honestly believe some sections of the Bible has been left out...

But, can't the same thing be said about non-believers...that they think Christians have an agenda? The classic form of "agenda" attached the Christianity is to brainwash people; control the masses (that probably goes for every other religion). So, when someone comes to defend the Bible, it is thought to be done to cover up something...and not to present the truth about Christianity.
  • Rasta.
    Options
    The purpose of this thread as i clearly outline in the first page was to discern who caused more death, ? or pillagery in the bible? So because kids tease an old man, ? commands a bear to rip them to shreds?
    Why is ? watching from a distance when his people perish brah? I need you to intellectually analyze my intent and not from faith...

You still talking this out of context bullsh*t even after I showed you the erroneous translation of that passage.
    .......and yet you claim to be asking sincere questions and not have an antagonistic agenda.

BASED ON THIS I WON'T BE RETURNING TO THIS THREAD .......IT'S NOT WORTHY OF A RESPONSE

PEACE

Shalom! Here's the thing with Christians and the Bible, why do you always think someone has an agenda? And like written text, anyone can pick and choose which parts to use in an argument. You chose a particular sect of language in its translation to debunk what i presented. I do agree that with more translations, a word tends to lose it's definitive meaning so from Aramaic to english, definitely some components have been lost. Also i honestly believe some sections of the Bible has been left out...

But, can't the same thing be said about non-believers...that they think Christians have an agenda? The classic form of "agenda" attached the Christianity is to brainwash people; control the masses (that probably goes for every other religion). So, when someone comes to defend the Bible, it is thought to be done to cover up something...and not to present the truth about Christianity.

I read the bible for what it is, a book and with every book, i discern for myself its intent. More murders have been committed with the book in hand than any other book or religion for that matter. I have my own religion i practice and there are several more religions that predates christianity/judaism and others so what agenda exactly are we trying to propagate?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @zombie the bible and according to ? describes attempting to do sin as committing the sin itself so I disagree with that statement. So according to your logic, who committed the first sin then?

nah see i was talking about ? bringing judgement in reference to the results of actually ACTIONS in the OT.

THE FIRST SIN ON EARTH I BLAME ADAM.

I see, many instances in the bible he threatened his people and yet being the "? " that he is, gave them a way out.

How do you blame Adam when Lucifer was the con artist? What is your whole view on the bible?

I BLAME adam for the first sin on earth, eve was tricked but adam was not he ate it willingly without being tempted by the devil. what are you asking me when you say "what is your whole view on the bible"

Pretty much trying to seek out if you believe the 66 books alone isn't the general makeup of the laws of Israel and the teachings of christ?

so you want to know if i believe in the so called apocrypha. the answer is yes but not all of them.

So then, like any book, reading from pages 1-30 and having pages 31-60 missing will leave readers dumbfounded right?

No, you can't just read the bible like it's a comic book, it's not meant to be used like that. The bible is a door way you read it with your mind but you understand it with your soul.
  • alissowack
    Options

I'm not ? but the soul that i am reasons that for him to say he'll not destroy his creations again with flood or any other source seems to me he regretted his actions or i worded it wrong?

Well, ? can do whatever He wants. Who is to say what He can or can't do? I definitely can't.

I could be wrong, but I think people get tripped up over how even though ? supposedly transcend the frailties of man, He expresses Himself in the way that man does...especially with emotions. We think He has no "rights" to it. So, we read that ? gets jealous or angry about something in the Bible, our first thought is why would ? be like that.
  • alissowack
    Options

PEACE

I read the bible for what it is, a book and with every book, i discern for myself its intent. More murders have been committed with the book in hand than any other book or religion for that matter. I have my own religion i practice and there are several more religions that predates christianity/judaism and others so what agenda exactly are we trying to propagate?

Nobody reads the Bible for what it is. There is always some sort of worldview or presupposition, some sort of bias. If the Devil can tell Jesus to throw himself down and use a Bible verse as to why he should, then the issue is not with the Bible...but the person presenting it.
  • Rasta.
    Options
    If you've been reading my posts, you'd know I read it twice (my favorite script is proverbs), once as a kid and the other as a late teenager....I charge that were it to be translated into the language of the uncontacted, without any fore warning, they'd question the inconsistencies within it. I have my own opinion of what ? is and it's definitely not the one in the bible. @zombie yea I can,I've done it with prayers and I've done it without...meaning and intent remains the same.

Ps: I've seen too much in my lifetime not to believe something exists within the spirit realm but my conscience answers most of what I seek.
  • zombie
    Options
    If you've been reading my posts, you'd know I read it twice (my favorite script is proverbs), once as a kid and the other as a late teenager....I charge that were it to be translated into the language of the uncontacted, without any fore warning, they'd question the inconsistencies within it. I have my own opinion of what ? is and it's definitely not the one in the bible. @zombie yea I can,I've done it with prayers and I've done it without...meaning and intent remains the same.

Ps: I've seen too much in my lifetime not to believe something exists within the spirit realm but my conscience answers most of what I seek.

You can do read the bible like a comic book or not but like like mark 4:12 says you might be ever hearing and never understanding and always seeing and never perceiving. the questions you've asked indicates a basic lack of understanding of christian theology.
  • Rasta.
    Options

You can do read the bible like a comic book or not but like like mark 4:12 says you might be ever hearing and never understanding and always seeing and never perceiving. the questions you've asked indicates a basic lack of understanding of christian theology.

Exactly what is christian theology my friend?
  • zombie
    Options

Exactly what is christian theology my friend?

they are the basic beliefs that you have to have to be a christian.
  • Rasta.
    Options
    I've been a Christian before, a fervent one at that so unless there's a set of different rules I'm not familiar with, I understand following the teachings and instructions of christ qualifies one to be a Christian.
  • zombie
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I've been a Christian before, a fervent one at that so unless there's a set of different rules I'm not familiar with, I understand following the teachings and instructions of christ qualifies one to be a Christian.

I said YOU lack a basic understanding of christian theology not that you were not a christian, you were most likely a blind/ignorant follower just like most christians. you ask them about different theological standpoint in the faith and their response is huh??

Now being like that is fine but after a while it leaves you unable to understand the deeper reasonings behind the religion. because of the questions you have asked in this thread i know your understanding is poor.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options

I wasn't going to respond again, but seeing your subtle craftiness of introducing error I had to. Nowhere in the word of ? does He say that He will not destroy His creation again with another source. The word of ? is quite clear that the next time ? comes to judge, He is going to judge the world by fire.

OT witness =

"See, the LORD is coming with fire, and his chariots are like a whirlwind; he will bring down his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire."
    Isaiah 66:15

NT witness =

"And by the same word, the present heavens and earth have been stored up for fire. They are being kept for the day of judgment, when ungodly people will be destroyed." 2 Peter 3:7

Why do you insist on being so dishonest Anansi? Your not looking for answers or edification, your just trying to peddle lies and beguile unstable souls with errors. You need King Jesus Anansi. He loves you and He wants to give you eternal life. He will take all the lies that have seeped into your soul and replace them with truth. Do you desire truth? Or do you desire deception? Do you desire eternal life? Or do you desire eternal death? ? has set before you life and death my friend. You must choose which path to take. Choose life and live my friend. Choose ? and be healed Anansi. Choose ? and be set free from the snare of the wicked one! Will you come to the LORD so that you might have life and life more abundantly today?
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ziryab wrote: »
    but yo... T/s either did 1 of 2 things:

found this mess off the internet off a site that takes bible verses out of context and sways those lost and wandering souls

Like you did in the Hebrew thread huh? Have you taken that trip to the library yet or are you still afraid of words?
  • Rasta.
    Options
    @zombie I was not and never will be ignorant of something that does not agree with conscience
    @doyouwant2 be careful of how you interpret the Scriptures my friend...In the same token you've be able to find and use a text that agrees with your reasoning, so can I.

It looks like I can't get an answer here either cos at the end of the day, it is by our faith that our fate will be determined.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    @zombie I was not and never will be ignorant of something that does not agree with conscience
    @doyouwant2 be careful of how you interpret the Scriptures my friend...In the same token you've be able to find and use a text that agrees with your reasoning, so can I.

It looks like I can't get an answer here either cos at the end of the day, it is by our faith that our fate will be determined.

Brother you've demonstrated repeatedly in this thread that you have been intellectually dishonest, have introduced lies, misused scriptures, taken scriptures out of context, shown a general lack of understanding of basic christian theology, and have ignorantly upheld falsehoods in regards to who ? is.

But guess what? The ? I serve, the LORD Jesus Christ, is a ? who forgives. He will forgive you of all your iniquities and credit His righteousness to your account. All you have to do is confess your sins to Him (repent) and accept Him as your LORD and Savior(confess)! Yes, thou your sins be red like crimson He will wash you whiter than snow! If you come to Him today, He will remove your transgressions as far as the east is from the west! Eternal life can be yours today my friend! Do not delay the day of salvation my friend! If you will hear His voice and harden not your heart, ? will come into you and make His abode in you! Will you receive His free offer of salvation today?
  • alissowack
    Options

I don't doubt your sincerity, but I believe you have been misled to think that Christianity is just about the teachings and instructions. Jesus came proclaiming that he is the Son of ? and through his life, death and resurrection, he saved the world from sin. This is something far more difficult to accept than Jesus being a "teacher". His disciples were clueless as to who he was despite being "taught". It took his death and resurrection for the light to finally come on.
  • Rasta.
    Options

I don't doubt your sincerity, but I believe you have been misled to think that Christianity is just about the teachings and instructions. Jesus came proclaiming that he is the Son of ? and through his life, death and resurrection, he saved the world from sin. This is something far more difficult to accept than Jesus being a "teacher". His disciples were clueless as to who he was despite being "taught". It took his death and resurrection for the light to finally come on.

Oh trust I know what his essence on earth was for, and I also know about the doubts they had right up to his ascension. "Behold I come quickly and my reward is with me to give to every man according to what his work has been" We shall continue to wait cos the book of revelations corresponds to the end times as we've been saying....
  • Rasta.
    Options

Brother you've demonstrated repeatedly in this thread that you have been intellectually dishonest, have introduced lies, misused scriptures, taken scriptures out of context, shown a general lack of understanding of basic christian theology, and have ignorantly upheld falsehoods in regards to who ? is.

But guess what? The ? I serve, the LORD Jesus Christ, is a ? who forgives. He will forgive you of all your iniquities and credit His righteousness to your account. All you have to do is confess your sins to Him (repent) and accept Him as your LORD and Savior(confess)! Yes, thou your sins be red like crimson He will wash you whiter than snow! If you come to Him today, He will remove your transgressions as far as the east is from the west! Eternal life can be yours today my friend! Do not delay the day of salvation my friend! If you will hear His voice and harden not your heart, ? will come into you and make His abode in you! Will you receive His free offer of salvation today?

Keep on serving him fervently brethren! Never relent lest the devil creeps in as we know his only intent is to steal and destroy. I'll take the bible as I've taken it, teachings on life's lessons.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I can tell yall don't read scripture. Learn about the different bloodlines one from the serpent seed and the one for YAH..read and understand some of those like goliath are from a different stock of men and was on earth and brought ? , killing, cannibalism, homosexuality, beastality and all types of sins and sickness, YES YAH USED HIS BATTLE AXE to destroy them. U DAMN STRAIGHT, learn how nations was going after israel and trying to stop the coming of the kings of kings thousands of years before his birth.....

if you can't read scripture and understand what you reading and have no understanding.....never mind, yall real funny

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Ziryab wrote: »
    but yo... T/s either did 1 of 2 things:

found this mess off the internet off a site that takes bible verses out of context and sways those lost and wandering souls

Like you did in the Hebrew thread huh? Have you taken that trip to the library yet or are you still afraid of words?
    its love bro

if anyone is paying attention to what you're saying, i will let them go to that thread and compare what i did to what he is currently doing. i dont need to respond any further
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting....