The Official 2013-2014 College Basketball Thread

Options

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A team without even a first round pick beat two tournament favorites and one of the greatest recruiting classes ever. I'm buying Ollie's book when it comes out, dude is a bench legend

Kentucky doesn't have a first round pick well besides Randle

Get ya nbadraft.net game up. Young been projected top 20 all year, and probably played himself into lottery

The harrison twins (they suck) bettrr come back and if,they lead another loaded squad nxt yr may go late 1st

Malcolm lee next yr who knows what he can do but remember daniel orton from uk went 1st rd off 'potential'

Poythress just needs to add somethin, anyhing offensively and he could slip into 1st rd in a year

Mind you i dnt think any of em are gonna b any good, even randle...o but they got 1st rounders
  • S2J
    Options
    Uconn has as many titles as Duke lol Kinda puts in perspective why people say Duke is overrated and why people hate them mfers

Uconn has been their equal. For the past 20 yrs,Uconn>>>UNC, Kansas, UCLA, Florida, etc

Any way u slice it. Titles, wins, nba players total, nba players of value, elite nba players.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    T.Taylor wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    lol watch the ncaa ban us again on some ? . every ? SEC school fixing grades for ? southern ? . and they decided to pull some apr ? on uconn cause we a little school in the cold ass northeast. napier just ethered the ? outta the NCAA.

What was said?

napier just said "this is what happens when you try to ban us" alluding to the one year postseason ban that occured last season due to an average grade ranking called APR. They decided after the 2011 title that they wold implement the new APR system. Since Uconn had a score under 900 over a 4 year average they banned them from postseason ncaa tournament play last year.

the NCAA wont ban uconn cause napeir took a shot at the system (was just being sarcastic) but my point is the how idea was made to spite uconn after they played in a lowly rated title game vs butler. Clearly if it was 2 bigger schools they would have never puninshed them like that. Not to mention bigger schools let grades/academic standing slide more than an ethical uconn.
  • S2J
    Options
    *Maybe not total nba players, but their bust percentage is low.

Meanwhile a lot of Mcdonalds all americans go and rot at duke and unc.

Uconn gets the most out of their guys
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL. @ ESPN....they just said.

"Ncaa championships are the benchmark at UCONN and Kevin Ollie has been on more benches than a Supreme Court justice. Which is probably why he mostly coaches standing up...."
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    LOL. @ ESPN....they just said.

"Ncaa championships are the benchmark at UCONN and Kevin Ollie has been on more benches than a Supreme Court justice. Which is probably why he mostly coaches standing up...."
    Noooooooooooooooooooo lmao tell me they did not just say that.
  • d.green
    edited April 2014
    Options
    LOL ^^

Seriously. I had to rewind it. They had a short piece on his journey from UCONN as a player thru 13 yrs in nba with 11 teams.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These Gators got next, time to step up and take it a step further.. they all have something to work on in there game... Lots practice needed over the summer.

8230332.jpg

chris-walker-norman-powell-ncaa-basketball-ncaa-tournament-florida-vs-ucla.jpg

1390669487000-USP-NCAA-Basketball-Florida-at-Alabama.jpg

Dorian+Finney+Smith+Kansas+v+Florida+OJmyKWqI_Cxl.jpg

They gained plenty of experience on the big stage with great leaders to learn from.. not one of them need to do something stupid and leave early..
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Who said it.Who ever it was prolly was lurking on this site.
  • d.green
    edited April 2014
    Options
  • S2J
    Options
    I got Kentucky as the favorite next yr

Young and randle gone

but Harrison twins, poythress, lee, cauley stein, and whatever new 3-5 5 stars they got comin in. They need a PG
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    this ? unreal my ? we ain't een sposed to be here! @texasdaking88 you was right my ? ! #Niggawemadeit #unfuckingbelieveable #idontalwaysusebitchasshashtags #buffalowildwings #neverlostindachip

#imshittingoldthesedays.. Real ? ..Imma go head and play the lottery while I'm feeling it
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game time.. Time to cut down the nets

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cauley-Stein probably gone, seen him in that 14-22 range too often.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDB wrote: »
    Cauley-Stein probably gone, seen him in that 14-22 range too often.
    Meh....besides being decent on defense he does nothing well
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    G.Avant wrote: »
    ? Ollie though real ? . ? look ?

Still salty huh....

Who you be my ? ? Ah that's right yo squad got sent home a min ago oh okay that's cool. Still salty? That ? Ollie lucky he black cause that's they only thing that stopped me from putting them headbustas on his ass.

Bro you sound like a hatin ass female right about now. Yo team was sittin at tha house watchin just like my squad was....dont be stupid.

Nah ? you sound like a bird ass ? for even taking that ? seriously lol
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has "Randle left" yet?
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Time for the women game
  • DaCaliKing
    DaCaliKing Members Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man if cauley-stein stays uk is gonna have three 7 footers on next years roster lol

dakari johnson
    karl towns jr
    cauley-stein

it'll be interesting to see who all stays with the new freshmen class. I think we'll have plenty of pieces to make another deep run.

Would love to see this roster

PG Andrew Harrison/Tyler Ulis
    SG Aaron Harrison/ Devin Booker
    SF Alex Poythress/ Trey Lyles
    PF Karl Towns Jr/ Marcus Lee
    C Willie Cauley-Stein/ Dakari Johnson

• 1of1
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Time for the women game

UCONN is cooking. It's over.

• 1of1
    Options
    This Stephanie Dolsen chick is a beast got damn. UConn is unstoppable.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    This Stephanie Dolsen chick is a beast got damn. UConn is unstoppable.

40-0
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UConn runs this ? . Geno is the GOAT for real.

Geno>Pat. Nine chips. Five undeafeated chips. Got damn. Not since UCLA in the 70s has a team just ? the country up.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    UConn Basketball could do down as a BOSS by next Tuesday if this ? plays out . The men's and women's Chip, with the women beating another undefeated team to do it the Title game?

? .
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We never lost in a basketball title game period men or women. Side note Achonwa could get the full court press triple team D tho. I'd tear that box up just like the acl tho.