" You know White ppl" Trayvon/Zimmerman Halloween costumes

Options

Comments

• Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lighten up Bruhs, you have to admit this is funny. Look at the attention to detail with the beer in the back pocket.

offensive_halloween_costumes_9.jpg

IC Feelings brigade get ready to have some more feeling :(

Julianne Hough Goes Blackface as Orange Is the New Black Character for Halloween Costume

http://www.eonline.com/news/474574/julianne-hough-goes-blackface-as-orange-is-the-new-black-character-for-halloween-costume

julianne_hough300.jpg

rs_293x473-131026083425-634.Julianne-Hough-Black-Make-Up-Halloween.jl.102613_copy.jpg
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That guy with the beer was the best one out of them. If they were handing out prices he should definitely get one. Some of those offensive pics had me litterally LOL as I said earlier in that thread :D.
    Still the fact remains that these people are what they are. Them posing next to corpses of blacks that were lynched = them taking offensive pics in Abu Ghraib = them ? over civilians corpses in Afghanistan and capturing it on cam = them making light of tragedic events where blacks were victimized. Facts = facts.

That white b*tch that did the blackface will apologize but she knew what she was doing just like Gwynette, Paula Deen etc. knew what they were doing. These people letting us know what they think of us...
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    this is why we need to make fun of white tragedy.....and make sure they see that its black people doing it. i bet the feeling will come flowing in....

let it be a black person who did the boston marathon thing......? would have been on the news

Seeing these whites making fun of tragedies even involving them. I doubt they will care. ? I bet some whites did that already.

but the fact is that when white tease other whites.....its more excepted.

when blacks tease whites.....its much worse than you would beleive. they would be ready for blood
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aye...? Halloween anyway...Erbody looks stupid as ? walkin they grown ass around in any kinda costume of they not gettin paid for it...? the parties, ? the ignorance, ? the holiday...
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Ninja ? ?...LMFAO...#WINNER!

offensive_halloween_costumes_17.jpg

• sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is so disgusting it gives me chills, and I'm generally a composed individual.

The above post eases the pain though. Just a tad.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The beer dude is kind of chuckle worthy. Some crackers have lost they mind in the last few years. The last two elections have really done it. Though those type been around way before. When you dressin up as people who have been killed for just "bein black" for Halloween and making "jokes", it kind of points to a deep hatred. And irrational hatred toward blacks aint nothin new. But Karma is a trip.
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at "Stop Blackface on Halloween".
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    That guy with the beer was the best one out of them. If they were handing out prices he should definitely get one. Some of those offensive pics had me litterally LOL as I said earlier in that thread :D.
    Still the fact remains that these people are what they are. Them posing next to corpses of blacks that were lynched = them taking offensive pics in Abu Ghraib = them ? over civilians corpses in Afghanistan and capturing it on cam = them making light of tragedic events where blacks were victimized. Facts = facts.

That white b*tch that did the blackface will apologize but she knew what she was doing just like Gwynette, Paula Deen etc. knew what they were doing. These people letting us know what they think of us...

okk yea that was bad but there are also africans in africa doing atrocious ? to eachother and asians in asia not saying that makes it ok but u cant really single out white ppl
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    uh yes we can. because we get singled out for simple ? .....like buying a belt
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lighten up Bruhs, you have to admit this is funny. Look at the attention to detail with the beer in the back pocket.

offensive_halloween_costumes_9.jpg

IC Feelings brigade get ready to have some more feeling :(

Julianne Hough Goes Blackface as Orange Is the New Black Character for Halloween Costume

http://www.eonline.com/news/474574/julianne-hough-goes-blackface-as-orange-is-the-new-black-character-for-halloween-costume

julianne_hough300.jpg

rs_293x473-131026083425-634.Julianne-Hough-Black-Make-Up-Halloween.jl.102613_copy.jpg

I wouldn't automatically label the beer guy a racist. I wouldn't say for sure he isn't either, but there is a difference between a white person dressing up like a black person for Halloween and blackface. At the very least, he tried to match the skin tone and didn't just do the standard racist ? .
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    chicagonow.com/i-hate-my-developer/2013/10/trayvon-martin-as-a-halloween-costume/
    Saturday night on Twitter I ran across the picture to the left.

The tandem costume, complete with blackface, portrayed Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman as a part of Greg Cimeno (Zimmerman) and William Filene's (Martin) Halloween festivities.

Until several hours ago, it was also Mr. Cimeno's profile picture.

The photo was posted on Instagram and quickly went viral.

Obviously the details of the the individuals in the pictures were bound to come out and it seem the Twitterverse (myself included) was none too pleased with Mr. Cimeno's and Mr. Filene's choice of costumes.

Per his Facebook account, Mr. Cimeno was rather pleased with the notoriety his costume was bringing him---including the death threats---and railed against intolerant liberals and political correctness.

Unfortunately those posts were taken down or deleted before I could get a screen shot.

Before the wheels come off of this discussion, let's get one thing clear---Mr. Cimeno is a citizen of our great country and is allowed by the Constitution the right of freedom of speech and freedom of expression. I wholeheartedly support his right to be insensitive, callous, and in poor taste

Nonetheless, I wonder what type of reaction Mr. Cimeno and Mr. Filene would have received had they gone as victims or the alleged perpetrators of the Boston Marathon bombings?

I further wonder why they feel that the tragic death of a teenage boy deserves to be mocked in such a nonchalant manner?

Yet as angry as this vile picture makes me, I feel sad for those young men.

I feel sad that they don't recognize that they've reopened a barely bandaged wound in the racial dialogue of this country.

I feel sad that they've embraced a dehumanizing stereotype long considered by black people to be horribly offensive.

But most of all I feel sorry that at the moment they decided to go down this road they rubbed salt in the wound of two people that have lost their son. Two people who have shown nothing but decency and class during the most nightmarish of circumstances.

This has nothing to do with liberal or conservative, left or right, red state or blue state. It's just simple humanity---simple decency.

Try as some might, you can't put a label on that.

To quote Bill Maher.. "Not all Republicans are racists,But nowadays, if you are racist, you’re probably a Republican"
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »

okk yea that was bad but there are also africans in africa doing atrocious ? to eachother and asians in asia not saying that makes it ok but u cant really single out white ppl
    Ofcourse I can. Just look at documented historical facts without emotion. Not you personally but Europeans got the most blood on their hands out of all races. This ain't debatable. Check @sully's post and he left out some stuff. We're just dishing up documented historical facts. No'one is saying Europeans are the only people capable of commiting heinous acts BTW.
    No disrespect but f*ck your feelings. If you can't handle the truth that's your problem, not ours.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ a guy named Muhannad X having a racial dispute with a guy named CracceR

maybe they can finally settle this age-old conflict once and for all.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    what happened to just wearing a sheet and putting 2 holes in it?

v7ctjr.jpg

lol "I got a rock"
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »

Ofcourse I can. Just look at documented historical facts without emotion. Not you personally but Europeans got the most blood on their hands out of all races. This ain't debatable. Check @sully's post and he left out some stuff. We're just dishing up documented historical facts. No'one is saying Europeans are the only people capable of commiting heinous acts BTW.
    No disrespect but f*ck your feelings. If you can't handle the truth that's your problem, not ours.

if i would talk to a tibetan he would probably say chinese ppl are the worst kind, depends on perspective
    mao ze-? and his goons alone killed between 45-78 million ppl
    japanese ppl killed bout 30 milli in ww2, burried ppl alive and all that bs
    rwanda, armenia, cambodia etc etc.. saudi arabia, yemen etc..still have limb amputations as official punishments
    some ppl in nigeria, somalia, mali etc.. still stone someone to death for punishment
    to single whites out is just not objective

• Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »

v7ctjr.jpg

lol "I got a rock"
    They do that too:
    ubd5ZYC.jpg
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »

v7ctjr.jpg

lol "I got a rock"
    They do that too:
    ubd5ZYC.jpg

shoulda seen this comin'
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is about power and knowing there will be no retribution from the people they disrespect.

some powerful words
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As cliche as this sounds, White People are quite honestly the worst natural disaster our history will ever know. Most all of the worst things to happen to any group of people have been caused by Whites; That says something.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    At this point it becomes attention ? . There's no way that people would dress like this, take a pic and post it online and think it would be ok. ? be trying to get they instant celebrity on.