LEVIATHAN : A ROOKIE JUMPS DIRECTLY IN THE LEMZOLA EXPERIENCE feat MANSAMUSA & OCEANIC

Options

Comments

• Leviathan616
    Leviathan616 Members Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    @leviathan616

What are the similarities and differences between Crowley and Lavey? Was Lavey inspired by Crowley?

LaVey was inspired by some of Crowley's practices. Particularly by thelema. That's the only similarity between the two.

• SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    you know what i'm just going to stay the ? out of this thread

>married a white man

*Departs*
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She wont be around long
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @leviathan616

Do Satanist pray?

Are there rituals performed by followers of Satanism to invoke spirits?
  • Leviathan616
    edited November 2013
    Options
    @leviathan616

Do Satanist pray?

Theistic Satanists pray and perform rituals to invoke the spirits. LaVeyans rituals just serves the purpose of being a psychological decompression chamber to focus one's mental and emotional energy for a specific purpose. Lesser magic for a LaVeyan just serves the purpose of manipulating the emotions of the recipient(s). It's purely psychological.

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    @leviathan616

Do Satanist pray?

Theistic Satanists pray and perform rituals to invoke the spirits. LaVeyans rituals just serves the purpose of being a psychological decompression chamber to focus one's mental and emotional energy for a specific purpose.

In regards to the LaVeyan rituals, could u give some vague examples of some of the rituals and their purposes?

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @mansamusa67
    @oceanic

thanks for joining bros.

the floor is yours . Feel at home .

Lemzola
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    So...Satanists are really agnostics...but believe all the teachings of Satan of the bible...which was created by a ? the dont believe in...?

Ok then....

From what I'm getting, a Satanist is a scientific naturalist that equates dialectical forces of nature with the two opposing deities in the Bible. Like how Islam is a spin-off of Judaism (burn), Satanism is a spin-off of Christianity.

Bingo! You don't have to be a theist to believe in forces and magic.

Yeah I know. I'm an atheist but I'm on the other end of the spectrum relatively speaking
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    lemzola wrote: »
    @mansamusa67
    @oceanic

thanks for joining bros.

the floor is yours . Feel at home .

Lemzola

Good looking on the shout out bruh...but this is your thread...Im not trying to impede.

Just had a few questions of my own...

Continue to get ur Dan Rathers on cuz...
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    @mansamusa67
    no bruh
    please keep on dont stop.

you and @oceanic are the right guys at the right place.

*seats on the bench and watch
  • Bodhi
    Options
    So...Satanists are really agnostics...but believe all the teachings of Satan of the bible...which was created by a ? the dont believe in...?

Ok then....

From what I'm getting, a Satanist is a scientific naturalist that equates dialectical forces of nature with the two opposing deities in the Bible. Like how Islam is a spin-off of Judaism (burn), Satanism is a spin-off of Christianity.

Bingo! You don't have to be a theist to believe in forces and magic.

Yeah I know. I'm an atheist but I'm on the other end of the spectrum relatively speaking

Buddhist to be specific. You have yet to answer my questions on the last page.
  • Bodhi
    Options

If the light force is living by someone else's rules, aren't you a part of that force when you are living in a modern society that is regulated by laws? Even more so, you are living by someone else's rules when you follow the philosophy of LaVey.

Also, is not your philosophy "spiritual wisdom" for the Satanist? Your way of thought may be abominable to the Christian but relatively speaking, you would be following the light force if your "spirituality" was indeed wisdom.

And, the diety you worship may not be anthropomorphic but it is a real and recognized force. Although it is not a "? " in the theistic sense, it is awfully close to being (if not already being) something worshipped in the way of a deity.

Why not worship Nature as a unified whole that generates the duality of dark and light as opposed to a single force that has a greater progenitor?

The dark and light forces don't seem (at least to me right now) to be well defined. Maybe you could possibly clear that up for me.

I don't agree that the golden rule works in ALL scenarios but neither does the other. Our actions should largely be situational, IMO.

• Leviathan616
    edited November 2013
    Options
    @leviathan616

Do Satanist pray?

Theistic Satanists pray and perform rituals to invoke the spirits. LaVeyans rituals just serves the purpose of being a psychological decompression chamber to focus one's mental and emotional energy for a specific purpose.

In regards to the LaVeyan rituals, could u give some vague examples of some of the rituals and their purposes?

I'll start with Lesser Magic. Lesser magic has three main psychological themes: sex, sentiment, and wonder. When someone is involved in the art of sexual seduction, that is where the sex theme plays in. Sentiment is the art of inspiring amusement, contempt, or compassion in other people. Wonder serves just to provoke fear and submission, to inspire awe and give other people the impression of austerity.
    Greater Magic employs three main themes: ? , compassion, and destruction. A ? ritual is purely for attracting the sexual partner of your choice and can involve ? with orgasm as the goal. Compassion rituals serves the purpose of being a catharsis when the practictoner is sad or depressed about themselves or someone else. It's just basically one big crying session. Destruction ritual serves the purpose of wishing harm upon and plotting revenge when one has harmed you or your loved ones.

• Leviathan616
    Options
    The Compassion ritual also serves the purpose of insuring help or success for yourself or your loved ones. These can be preformed for material gain, worldly advantages, physical items, or increase in life quality.
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @leviathan616

Do Satanist pray?

Theistic Satanists pray and perform rituals to invoke the spirits. LaVeyans rituals just serves the purpose of being a psychological decompression chamber to focus one's mental and emotional energy for a specific purpose. Lesser magic for a LaVeyan just serves the purpose of manipulating the emotions of the recipient(s). It's purely psychological.

So satanism is pretty much strictly a philosophy, it just takes religious concepts and applies them for psychological representations to be more easily understood? Why do Laveyans believe there is no need for balance when kindness and humility is in man's nature as well? Where do you all draw the line as far as required self control, because Laveyans are against denying urges and impulses correct?
  • Leviathan616
    edited November 2013
    Options

If the light force is living by someone else's rules, aren't you a part of that force when you are living in a modern society that is regulated by laws? Even more so, you are living by someone else's rules when you follow the philosophy of LaVey.

Also, is not your philosophy "spiritual wisdom" for the Satanist? Your way of thought may be abominable to the Christian but relatively speaking, you would be following the light force if your "spirituality" was indeed wisdom.

And, the diety you worship may not be anthropomorphic but it is a real and recognized force. Although it is not a "? " in the theistic sense, it is awfully close to being (if not already being) something worshipped in the way of a deity.

Why not worship Nature as a unified whole that generates the duality of dark and light as opposed to a single force that has a greater progenitor?

The dark and light forces don't seem (at least to me right now) to be well defined. Maybe you could possibly clear that up for me.

I don't agree that the golden rule works in ALL scenarios but neither does the other. Our actions should largely be situational, IMO.

That's I consider myself more of an Left Hand Pather more than a LaVeyan, because there is no black and white. It's more of an individualist philosophy where you are free to explore other philosophies. I subscribe to some of the tenets but there are other areas where I just tend to do my own thing. Sorry about that @oceanic. My browser has been acting up lately.

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    @leviathan616

Do Satanist pray?

I'll start with Lesser Magic. Lesser magic has three main psychological themes: sex, sentiment, and wonder. When someone is involved in the art of sexual seduction, that is where the sex theme plays in. Sentiment is the art of inspiring amusement, contempt, or compassion in other people. Wonder serves just to provoke fear and submission, to inspire awe and give other people the impression of austerity.
    Greater Magic employs three main themes: ? , compassion, and destruction. A ? ritual is purely for attracting the sexual partner of your choice and can involve ? with orgasm as the goal. Compassion rituals serves the purpose of being a catharsis when the practictoner is sad or depressed about themselves or someone else. It's just basically one big crying session. Destruction ritual serves the purpose of wishing harm upon and plotting revenge when one has harmed you or your loved ones.

Got ya...

Now...in the case of the destruction ritual you used the words "wishing harm" on individuals. Is this done to focus negative energy towards that individual?

Excuse my ignorance but im trying to understand more before I form any opinion.

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    @Oceanic

Do you have any knowledge of Satanic beliefs? It sounds as if u may have some.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    @Oceanic

Do you have any knowledge of Satanic beliefs? It sounds as if u may have some.

Lol nah not at all. I'm actually learning a lot here.
  • Leviathan616
    Options
    @leviathan616

Do Satanist pray?

Got ya...

Now...in the case of the destruction ritual you used the words "wishing harm" on individuals. Is this done to focus negative energy towards that individual?

Yes.

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    @leviathan616

Do Satanist pray?

Got ya...

Yes.

Ok.

My question is what would cause the negative energy that the participant of the destruction ritual invoked to manifest itself as a "bad situation" for the person it was directed to?

This sounds similar to some voodoo practices.
  • Leviathan616
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    @leviathan616

Do Satanist pray?

So satanism is pretty much strictly a philosophy, it just takes religious concepts and applies them for psychological representations to be more easily understood? Why do Laveyans believe there is no need for balance when kindness and humility is in man's nature as well? Where do you all draw the line as far as required self control, because Laveyans are against denying urges and impulses correct?

We believe in kindness and humility. We just don't believe in showing undeserved kindness to people that consistently goes out their way to make life more difficult for us. We have no qualms with an individual being charitable if that is what makes them happy. As for the other question, I'm going to post the 11 Satanic Laws.

The Eleven Satanic Rules

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not ? non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

I personally feel that #4 and #11 are ridiculous, but I agree with the rest.

• Leviathan616
    edited November 2013
    Options
    @leviathan616

Do Satanist pray?

Got ya...

Yes.

Ok.

My question is what would cause the negative energy that the participant of the destruction ritual invoked to manifest itself as a "bad situation" for the person it was directed to?

This sounds similar to some voodoo practices.

I believe that it's Karma. That's why with all forms of magick ritual you have to be certain that you can deal with the consequences. You have to be absolutely sure that you are justified in doing this. Like for example performing a destruction ritual against someone that have committed minor grievances against you, would be better dealt with using Lesser Magic. The Balance factor in play. Even LaVey encouraged practicioners to take what works for them, and dispose of the rest.

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'd replace the oogity boogity words; magic and karma with energy and ritual with manipulation tho*.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    I'd replace the oogity boogity words; magic and karma with energy and ritual with manipulation tho*.

why are you trying to downsize people when you bring your ideas?
    They are free to express themselves with their words!!

Let them cook in peace ...