LEVIATHAN : A ROOKIE JUMPS DIRECTLY IN THE LEMZOLA EXPERIENCE feat MANSAMUSA & OCEANIC

Options

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? I'll say what I want. ? obviously over your head.
  • Leviathan616
    Leviathan616 Members Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'd replace the oogity boogity words; magic and karma with energy and ritual with manipulation tho*.

Yes, those words are more for theatrical effect, as LaVey was big on theatrics.

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? I'll say what I want. ? obviously over your head.

magic and karma are words full of sense and knowledge.
    However sit your hating ass down and let the interview going.

Your lack of maturity and spotlight desire is in fact over my head.

*back on the bench

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd replace the oogity boogity words; magic and karma with energy and ritual with manipulation tho*.

Yes, those words are more for theatrical effect, as LaVey was big on theatrics.
    So is the opposition, the left hand path seems to understand both sides while the right hand path, very narrow haha.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @leviathan616

Do Satanist pray?

Are there rituals performed by followers of Satanism to invoke spirits?

Theistic Satanists pray and perform rituals to invoke the spirits. LaVeyans rituals just serves the purpose of being a psychological decompression chamber to focus one's mental and emotional energy for a specific purpose.

In regards to the LaVeyan rituals, could u give some vague examples of some of the rituals and their purposes?

I'll start with Lesser Magic. Lesser magic has three main psychological themes: sex, sentiment, and wonder. When someone is involved in the art of sexual seduction, that is where the sex theme plays in. Sentiment is the art of inspiring amusement, contempt, or compassion in other people. Wonder serves just to provoke fear and submission, to inspire awe and give other people the impression of austerity.
    Greater Magic employs three main themes: ? , compassion, and destruction. A ? ritual is purely for attracting the sexual partner of your choice and can involve ? with orgasm as the goal. Compassion rituals serves the purpose of being a catharsis when the practictoner is sad or depressed about themselves or someone else. It's just basically one big crying session. Destruction ritual serves the purpose of wishing harm upon and plotting revenge when one has harmed you or your loved ones.

Got ya...

Now...in the case of the destruction ritual you used the words "wishing harm" on individuals. Is this done to focus negative energy towards that individual?

Excuse my ignorance but im trying to understand more before I form any opinion.

Yes.

Ok.

My question is what would cause the negative energy that the participant of the destruction ritual invoked to manifest itself as a "bad situation" for the person it was directed to?

This sounds similar to some voodoo practices.

I believe that it's Karma. That's why with all forms of magick ritual you have to be certain that you can deal with the consequences. You have to be absolutely sure that you are justified in doing this. Like for example performing a destruction ritual against someone that have committed minor grievances against you, would be better dealt with using Lesser Magic. The Balance factor in play. Even LaVey encouraged practicioners to take what works for them, and dispose of the rest.

ahhh ok....

Now when u say " karma" are u just using that word for sake of understanding on my part, or do your beliefs really teach the concept?

karma is viewed differently depending on who u ask...
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    U kids already answered my last question now that I look back...so could u explain "karma" and what it means to ur beliefs?
  • Leviathan616
    edited November 2013
    Options
    @leviathan616

Do Satanist pray?

Theistic Satanists pray and perform rituals to invoke the spirits. LaVeyans rituals just serves the purpose of being a psychological decompression chamber to focus one's mental and emotional energy for a specific purpose.

In regards to the LaVeyan rituals, could u give some vague examples of some of the rituals and their purposes?

I'll start with Lesser Magic. Lesser magic has three main psychological themes: sex, sentiment, and wonder. When someone is involved in the art of sexual seduction, that is where the sex theme plays in. Sentiment is the art of inspiring amusement, contempt, or compassion in other people. Wonder serves just to provoke fear and submission, to inspire awe and give other people the impression of austerity.
    Greater Magic employs three main themes: ? , compassion, and destruction. A ? ritual is purely for attracting the sexual partner of your choice and can involve ? with orgasm as the goal. Compassion rituals serves the purpose of being a catharsis when the practictoner is sad or depressed about themselves or someone else. It's just basically one big crying session. Destruction ritual serves the purpose of wishing harm upon and plotting revenge when one has harmed you or your loved ones.

Got ya...

Now...in the case of the destruction ritual you used the words "wishing harm" on individuals. Is this done to focus negative energy towards that individual?

Yes.

Ok.

My question is what would cause the negative energy that the participant of the destruction ritual invoked to manifest itself as a "bad situation" for the person it was directed to?

I believe that it's Karma. That's why with all forms of magick ritual you have to be certain that you can deal with the consequences. You have to be absolutely sure that you are justified in doing this. Like for example performing a destruction ritual against someone that have committed minor grievances against you, would be better dealt with using Lesser Magic. The Balance factor in play. Even LaVey encouraged practicioners to take what works for them, and dispose of the rest.

ahhh ok....

Now when u say " karma" are u just using that word for sake of understanding on my part, or do your beliefs really teach the concept?

More for the sake of understanding. As I gain deeper understanding I will be able to further elaborate, as the philosophy encourages self-exploration.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Kinda....not kids my bad
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    @leviathan616

Do Satanist pray?

Got ya...

Yes.

Ok.

ahhh ok....

More for the sake of understanding. As I gain deeper understanding I will be able to further elaborate, as the philosophy encourages self-exploration.

That's fine.

I was just asking because from my perspective and beliefs....i believe in karma. But I have a thiestic view of it. And im sure once u learn more about what u practice, u could say how karma is viewed based on ur beliefs.

@oceanic may have some good insight for u based on things you've said.

• Leviathan616
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Kinda....not kids my bad

Karma to us is just a metaphysical conception of the laws of cause and effect and how they relate to our lives. It's an analogy. As I look back on my response I realized that Karma was the wrong term to use because we don't believe in the supernatural. It's more cause-and-effect to us. We believe in quid pro quo and an eye for an eye. If you are good to me then I direct positive energy your way by repaying in kind. If you are malicious to me then I direct negative energy to you, appropriate for the deed to teach you a lesson. When I refer to energy, I mean emotional energy and deeds.

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So now everybody on the ic worships the devil

ZfZTO9m.png
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Kinda....not kids my bad

Karma is basically the direction of emotional energy and deeds as we don't believe in afterlifes or reincarnation. Karma to a LaVeyan Satanist means quid pro quo, and an eye for a eye. If you are good to me then I direct positive energy your way by repaying in kind. If you are malicious to me then I direct negative energy to you, appropriate for the deed to teach you a lesson.

im sorry if im not phrasing my question right but I think im confusing u...

so based on this post...karma is viewed as the justifiable outcome of events in a persons life based on the actions of said individual...

so if someone kills ur brother...."karma" would b the retaliation by u or other family members...

But my question is what is the point of the ritual? Maybe im missing something....

• Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    @leviathan616

Do Satanist pray?

Theistic Satanists pray and perform rituals to invoke the spirits. LaVeyans rituals just serves the purpose of being a psychological decompression chamber to focus one's mental and emotional energy for a specific purpose. Lesser magic for a LaVeyan just serves the purpose of manipulating the emotions of the recipient(s). It's purely psychological.

So satanism is pretty much strictly a philosophy, it just takes religious concepts and applies them for psychological representations to be more easily understood? Why do Laveyans believe there is no need for balance when kindness and humility is in man's nature as well? Where do you all draw the line as far as required self control, because Laveyans are against denying urges and impulses correct?

We believe in kindness and humility. We just don't believe in showing undeserved kindness to people that consistently goes out their way to make life more difficult for us. We have no qualms with an individual being charitable if that is what makes them happy. As for the other question, I'm going to post the 11 Satanic Laws.

The Eleven Satanic Rules

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not ? non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

I personally feel that #4 and #11 are ridiculous, but I agree with the rest.
    #4 and #11 are the best ones
  • Leviathan616
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Kinda....not kids my bad

Karma is basically the direction of emotional energy and deeds as we don't believe in afterlifes or reincarnation. Karma to a LaVeyan Satanist means quid pro quo, and an eye for a eye. If you are good to me then I direct positive energy your way by repaying in kind. If you are malicious to me then I direct negative energy to you, appropriate for the deed to teach you a lesson.

so based on this post...karma is viewed as the justifiable outcome of events in a persons life based on the actions of said individual...

so if someone kills ur brother...."karma" would b the retaliation by u or other family members...

But my question is what is the point of the ritual? Maybe im missing something....

I realized I used the wrong term. It's more of a cause and effect. Sometimes when the risks of retaliation outweighs the benefits, then the destruction ritual would serve as an outlet for all the negative emotional energy. Now for a Satanist that has nothing to lose from the consequences of said action, then he could feel free to retaliate, using the destruction ritual to focus their mind and emotions on carrying out revenge. We also believe that sometimes you have to let things go if it consumes to much of your time, effort, energy, or resources.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll post later once I read all this. And Leviathan hasn't been thoroughly answering my questions.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    For me, I can't go any further without those questions answered cuz none of this makes any sense whatsoever unless an explanation is given for why she takes the stance she does.

I guess it doesn't matter in the long run but y'all already know how I am.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    For one, worshipping (or whatever you want to call it) the dark force but not the other.. while at the same time acknowledging that both it and the light force spring from the same [greater] source (that is not worshipped either) has not been properly explained.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    And I guess I'll break it all down once that has been clarified
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Kinda....not kids my bad

I realized I used the wrong term. It's more of a cause and effect. Sometimes when the risks of retaliation outweighs the benefits, then the destruction ritual would serve as an outlet for all the negative emotional energy. Now for a Satanist that has nothing to lose from the consequences of said action, then he could feel free to retaliate, using the destruction ritual to focus their mind and emotions on carrying out revenge. We also believe that sometimes you have to let things go if it consumes to much of your time, effort, energy, or resources.

This....

In what way does the destruction ritual "prepare" the mind to carry out the deed of retaliation?

• Bodhi
    Options
    That's like a Taoist saying he acknowledges that yin and yang flow from the Tao but keeps to yang without embracing yin.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's just the classic, "Attach some superstitious ? to something observable" tactic that humans have been using for ages.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Kinda....not kids my bad

This....

In what way does the destruction ritual "prepare" the mind to carry out the deed of retaliation?

@leviathan

if u really dont know the answer to this, that's fine.

Another question I have is does your husband practice Satanism with you? And did you two get into it together?

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
  • Leviathan616
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    For one, worshipping (or whatever you want to call it) the dark force but not the other.. while at the same time acknowledging that both it and the light force spring from the same [greater] source (that is not worshipped either) has not been properly explained.

The reason why the dark force is worshipped is just to realize that it's a part of humanity, and sometimes embracing it will lead to emotional gratification.

• Leviathan616
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Kinda....not kids my bad

This....

Well music is an important part of the ritual to set the atmosphere. Any kind of angry music can focus your mind state. Some practicioners fashion themselves a doll in the likeness of the target, some use a photograph. You either torture the doll, or burn the photo in the flame of the candles, after doing the chant. Sometimes just performing this ritual is enough for practicioners, and they no longer seek to carry out retaliation, because the negative energy has been left at the alter. If they still feel like they need to retaliate, then they come up with a plan. As for my spouse, he's not a Satanist. He follows the beliefs of his Indian culture, so he's a naturalist. I personally haven't performed a destruction ritual because I felt like I didn't need to do that to handle my enemies. There is not a requirement to participate and perform rituals.