NY vs The South

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh. All I need to do to shut down the Sittin Sidewayz argument is to look towards David Banner's Like a ? ? . So many similarities it's ridiculous. And you are not gonna sit up here and tell me your not hearing the similarities in those three cuts from UGK, Three Six, and Ross. You are stuntin', crazy.

As for the other two joints? Them ? are not singles. The reason why you ? have been so quick to try and claim some dominance in the game is because of your singles which have gotten so much exposure. And Juve is the master of this flow gem, so setting him as an example for the south in it's entirety is debatable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww9VlmXKYgs

This discussion is over dog, because at this point your telling people to listen closely, which underscores my point further. You don't have to listen closely to hear the difference between a Cali beat and an NY beat. Yall sound is shared between regions, and so is your audience.

@itzGravitation you just proved his point dog. Jay Z is at the top of your list.

bruh, if u think sittin sideways sound just like like a ? , and that Pourin Up(texas sounding), Hustlin(miami sounding), and Poppin My Collar(THATS THAT WILLIE HUTCH ? !) sound that similar, u may need help, maybe not mentally, just with ur ears.

both have an 808 and a hi hat... thats it, THEY'RE USED IN DIFFERENT WAYS.. just like damn near every dj premier and rza beat got a sample and/or scratch dude, just like most rock bands have a damn guitarist, drummer, and bassist bruh..

• sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh. All I need to do to shut down the Sittin Sidewayz argument is to look towards David Banner's Like a ? ? . So many similarities it's ridiculous. And you are not gonna sit up here and tell me your not hearing the similarities in those three cuts from UGK, Three Six, and Ross. You are stuntin', crazy.

As for the other two joints? Them ? are not singles. The reason why you ? have been so quick to try and claim some dominance in the game is because of your singles which have gotten so much exposure. And Juve is the master of this flow gem, so setting him as an example for the south in it's entirety is debatable.

This discussion is over dog, because at this point your telling people to listen closely, which underscores my point further. You don't have to listen closely to hear the difference between a Cali beat and an NY beat. Yall sound is shared between regions, and so is your audience.

@itzGravitation you just proved his point dog. Jay Z is at the top of your list.

bruh, if u think sittin sideways sound just like like a ? , and that Pourin Up(texas sounding), Hustlin(miami sounding), and Poppin My Collar(THATS THAT WILLIE HUTCH ? !) sound that similar, u may need help, maybe not mentally, just with ur ears.

both have an 808 and a hi hat... thats it, THEY'RE USED IN DIFFERENT WAYS.. just like damn near every dj premier and rza beat got a sample and/or scratch dude, just like most rock bands have a damn guitarist, drummer, and bassist bruh..

Yeah duke, but you know what? At least RZA and Premier are from the same city. Them hi hats and 808s you keep trying to differentiate are shared throughout the SOUTH in it's entirety which is the underlying point. It is the southern sound, shared through the southern culture, sold in the broad southern market of all 15 southern states. They arent used as different as your trying to make it seem. And your completely ignoring the other components of this ? . Same content between those cuts. Same HOOK STRUCTURE. (3x repeats on the song title), similar flows between artists, similar ? slang... But whatever, I'm done because I'm noticing the rest of these ? got quiet the moment some facts start to permeate in this ? . I don't wana hear anymore ? from ? about NY and it's sound and prominence in the game, when these facts are still the elephant in the room. NY is going through some internal ? . But NY is one ? city, whom birthed this ? , and still control it in terms of it's still active legends. But whatever yo, I'm tired. I'm out.

post-30325-clay-Davis-cigar-gif-The-Wire-3Eja.gif
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol Premier from Texas
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread still going. I thought NY got bodied pages ago? Well it is the city that never sleep
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Chase N Bundlez Members Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @stopitfive

Yung Joc met Atlanta producer Nitti Beatzand the two recorded the hit "It's Goin Down" in the spring of 2006. After Teaming with Russell "Block" Spencer, founder of the Block Enterprises label. Spencer signed Joc to Sean Combs's Bad Boy Records for a multi-million dollar deal, and Bad Boy released Joc's debut New Joc City that year. The album debuted at #3 on the Billboard 200 selling nearly 150,000 copies in the first week[citation needed]. The second week it fell to #7. It has since been certified gold by the RIAA selling over 500,000 copies.

Just wanted to let u know T Sanford hasn't been honest with you...sad.
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Options
    When did the South not claim J Cole though?

If yall say French and Asap got on with a down south flow, and basically they're arent even NY rappers bcuz of it, well then we're claiming Cole since he got on with a NY flow and his music doesnt resemble anything remotely southern.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

Yeah duke, but you know what? At least RZA and Premier are from the same city. Them hi hats and 808s you keep trying to differentiate are shared throughout the SOUTH in it's entirety which is the underlying point. It is the southern sound, shared through the southern culture, sold in the broad southern market of all 15 southern states. They arent used as different as your trying to make it seem. And your completely ignoring the other components of this ? . Same content between those cuts. Same HOOK STRUCTURE. (3x repeats on the song title), similar flows between artists, similar ? slang... But whatever, I'm done because I'm noticing the rest of these ? got quiet the moment some facts start to permeate in this ? . I don't wana hear anymore ? from ? about NY and it's sound and prominence in the game, when these facts are still the elephant in the room. NY is going through some internal ? . But NY is one ? city, whom birthed this ? , and still control it in terms of it's still active legends. But whatever yo, I'm tired. I'm out.

post-30325-clay-Davis-cigar-gif-The-Wire-3Eja.gif

lmao ? been self ethering themselves all thread long
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, it does...You don't know ? bout North Carolina...The way he sings, his accent, all that is southern...Just his production be on that boom bap sometimes...
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Options
    Buckhead and Bankhead are in Atlanta, the rest of those are suburbs. But even if you add all them up, you might get two-thirds the size of Brooklyn

So basically Brownsville, East NY, Flatbush, and Bedstuy is the size of ATL?

If thats the case those 4 lil neighborhoods would destroy the whole of ATL, including zone 6, Bankhead and all them other suburban like hoods yall 'tough' rappers come from....facts.
  • TrillLife
    TrillLife Members Posts: 128 ✭✭
    Options
    interesting thread.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Lol Premier from Texas

premo from tx, used a NY sound, with a rapper from Boston, but ny sound stayed up in NY?

Freeway and Beanie Segal from philly, had NY sounding ?

Wiz Khalifa an artist from Pittsburgh, is prospering by using LA sounds right now

that brother dont even know who use what sounds on his own coast, no way he talk about the distinction of the sounds or "Lack there of" down south

and smh @ mercy soundin like shawty redd...jeebus fright
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Options
    Since the turn of the century (2000), ATL (Georgia) has had 3 rap acts go Platinum, TIP, Luda and Outkast.

Hold on, I have to laugh real quick....lmaoooooololololololhahahahahahaha.

Ok, now that I got that out....ahem...since that same time, NY has had Jay Z, Nas, Ja Rule, DMX, 50, Fab, Lloyd Banks, Camron, Nicki all go plat.

#thesouthlost
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    @Billy_Poncho, I told you bruh. The ether just fall right into hand
  • sr_the_freshman
    Options
    Lol Premier from Texas
    lol like Pac is from NYC right? ? yo. @icecoldstew Stop trollin'. It takes a 5 minute wiki search. Premo claims NYC. His craft was mastered in NYC. His sound is NYC.

Nobody is gonna answer any of the other ? though, so why say something now?
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Options
    If they wanna play that game, Michael Jordan is from Brooklyn...say sumn.

We claimin that for now on...word.

@Sanford...why you lie for?
  • Billy_Poncho
    Options
    Since the turn of the century (2000), ATL (Georgia) has had 3 rap acts go Platinum, TIP, Luda and Outkast.

Hold on, I have to laugh real quick....lmaoooooololololololhahahahahahaha.

Ok, now that I got that out....ahem...since that same time, NY has had Jay Z, Nas, Ja Rule, DMX, 50, Fab, Lloyd Banks, Camron, Nicki all go plat.

#thesouthlost

Jeezy don't exist
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Ain't nobody trollin ? , u said they were from the same city when anybody with any kinda knowledge knows he's from Texas.
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    Just Blaze>>>>>>>>>>>>>Premier while we on the subject
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If yall say French and Asap got on with a down south flow, and basically they're arent even NY rappers bcuz of it, well then we're claiming Cole since he got on with a NY flow and his music doesnt resemble anything remotely southern.

But nobody said that A$AP & French weren't NY rappers though
  • T. Sanford
    Options

I bodied you pages ago bruh. Im doing funeral arrangements for you as I type this because dead ? need caskets
  • sr_the_freshman
    Options
    Ain't nobody trollin ? , u said they were from the same city when anybody with any kinda knowledge knows he's from Texas.

Musically. If we're going to go ahead and make claims off the birthplace of ? , then we are taking back Jordan and Pac which would literally make the rest of the country look irrelevant as ? at everything held dear to ? as a whole.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Options
    You didn't mean musically, you literally thought Premier was born n raised in NY. It's okay to be wrong bruh, you been doin it a lot today
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »

I bodied you pages ago bruh. Im doing funeral arrangements for you as I type this because dead ? need caskets

U bodied me with lies tho...u basically shot me in the stomach with a BB gun, so no funeral arrangements necessary, at best a quick trip to hospital.

But now with the facts I just posted, it is u that is actually being pumped with abdominal fluid and gettin make up put on ur face lol... 3 plat acts in 13 years lmao smh
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Options

But nobody said that A$AP & French weren't NY rappers though

Yall try to make it sound like they have to have that southern sound to get on, and get spins etc...well ok, Cole has to have that NY flow to be held in high regards as an emcee and sell records...cuz rappin like a south ? will have u on radio all day long, but you'll sell 40k ur 1st week on the shelf...sad.
  • sr_the_freshman
    Options
    You didn't mean musically, you literally thought Premier was born n raised in NY. It's okay to be wrong bruh, you been doin it a lot today

If I've been talking about music this entire time, posting in the reason, in a thread concerning NYC music; you can't pick up the queue that I'm referring to music? I said Premier's from NYC. I said nothing about his birthplace. Just as you'd say Pac is from LA. Jordan reps Chicago, and NC when he played their. ? still haven't addressed any of the facts from pages ago.

You ? can't debate worth ? , so you goof off. It's cool though. I'll wait.
This discussion has been closed.