NY vs The South

Options

Comments

• A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So...You still tryin this "Yung Joc ain't go plat" angle, huh...

009F2A83-1411-4229-8317-E0547B1A2093-4947-00000363F1A0C92F_zps96b402d6.jpg
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ Was already addressed
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Outkast, Luda, TI, Jeezy, and Yung Joc
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Chase N Bundlez Members Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Bad Boy released Joc's debut New Joc City that year. The album debuted at #3 on the Billboard 200 selling nearly 150,000 copies in the first week[citation needed]. The second week it fell to #7. It has since been certified gold by the RIAA selling over 500,000 copies

And lol @ the idiot Miles confirming it... "the album sold 815, 507" in the US alone lmao

Now go look for the remaining 185k on the international charts to see if he went plat "worldwide", cuz if not, he went GOLD in the ? US, which is all I care about.

If we wanna count internationally then 50 Cent sold diamond too smh
  • Billy_Poncho
    Options
    CB in here changin the rules of Platinum, lol aight bruh
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @sr.freshmen you dont know what the ? you talkin bout, you shouldnt even brought up production, to a ? like me you just made yoself look stupid, you gotta be like 16

• A1000MILES
    Options
    So...You ignore that the album is certified platinum...Because folk outside of America just don't mean ? ...Lmao, mane you a fool...You a fool...This whole ? is pointless...
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Options
    ? said "Outkast has the highest sellin hip hop album of all time", then they showed me domestic #'s lol

So if yall wanna play the international game, than Outkast didnt sell the most, Eminem did "worldwide"...facts!

And also, a NY native, 50 Cent sold diamond with back to back albums off one disc, not no double cd hogwash that skewed the actual #'s by doubling cd sales....if u guys wanna go off US and International sales.

#thesouthlost
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    So...You ignore that the album is certified platinum...Because folk outside of America just don't mean ? ...Lmao, mane you a fool...You a fool...This whole ? is pointless...

Certified plat with 815k?

? ...thats like when Ross sold 700k his last album and was claiming plat, or when Game does it...its either u sold a Mil or u didnt, end of story...I give a ? bout what u shipped.
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    So?...Who downplays 50's sales?...Who?...Only an idiot dismisses international sales as if Americans only buy albums...A lotta international artists run laps in sales around American artists...
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Nobody brought up Outkast world wide sales foh lol ? at 11.4 in the US

Also Lil Jon went Platinum
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried to stay out of this but gotdamn son, that was complete fuckery and bufoonery, you overstepped yo boundaries wit that production talk

and dead at my ? said jumpsuits wit no undershirts doe
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    If you wanna say OUTKAST got the highest selling rap album in America, that's different...That don't dismiss what am artist sells outside the country though...
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Options
    Nobody brought up Outkast world wide sales foh lol ? at 11.4 in the US

Also Lil Jon went Platinum

I gave yall that 11M (really 5.5M)...but if u wanna count international like Miles is doing, then Em has the highest sellin hip hop cd since he sold more than Outkast "worldwide".

But now if u wanna count only US sales, well then Outkast sold the most and Joc aint go plat....count the international sales, and Outkast aint the highest sellin but Joc went plat...whuich do u choose? lol

2 way trap.

#powerfulposting

• Chase N Bundlez
    Options
    And I just realized Joc doesnt have an international following lol...so that 815K is what the album really sold, cuz he only sells in the US...fact!

Aint no way he sold 185k internationally off that...word.

Jeezy, TIP, Luda, the only ATL acts to go plat in 13 years.....Outkast is neo soul, they dont count.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Who determines what's platinum and what's not? If I'm not mistaken it's the RIAA soooo when they give out a platinum plaque the artist is allowed to put platinum on his resume or nah?
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ying Yang twins went platinum

Me_%26_My_Brother.jpg
  • Billy_Poncho
    Options
    Ying Yang actually has 2 platinum albums
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SPEAKERBOXX/LOVE BELOW IS THE HIGHEST SELLING RAP ALBUM OF ALL TIME

CLOSE THREAD!
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since the turn of the century (2000), ATL (Georgia) has had 3 rap acts go Platinum, TIP, Luda and Outkast.

Hold on, I have to laugh real quick....lmaoooooololololololhahahahahahaha.

Ok, now that I got that out....ahem...since that same time, NY has had Jay Z, Nas, Ja Rule, DMX, 50, Fab, Lloyd Banks, Camron, Nicki all go plat.

#thesouthlost

ARE YOU SERIOUS?....

GUESS YOU FORGOT ABOUT JEEZY, LIL JON, YUNG JOC
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ria a didn't certify it, but it is referred to as platinum elsewhere...
    Anyway... Atl swagger jacked Houston and Memphis...
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ying Yang twins went platinum

Me_%26_My_Brother.jpg

Oh ? , this ? done brung up the Ying Yang Twins lmaoooo

fWzuY2j.gif

Im done, im outta here...word.

lmao ? you said only TIP, Luda, Kast went Plat, so I mean yeah...
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    It was certified gold in 2006 and hasnt been updated since...Because "everyone who knows about the industry knows that the RIAA is quick, timely, and highly efficient when it comes to website management and recognition of new avenues for music sales"..,
This discussion has been closed.