NY vs The South

Options

Comments

• southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    If you saying that NY lead the way for south fashion then who's responsible for this fuckery going on nowadays do y'all also wanna take credit for that???

I blame Kanye

quoted for emphasis......? wearing blouses and skirts and ? .....nothing wrong with being fashionable but come on man....theres nothing manly about that.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea Kanye started it with the button ups and sweaters over em, with the back packs. ? changed hip hop look and some of the recent fashion is the off spring of this.
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didnt mind the sweaters over button ups.....because honestly the first ? I saw do that was Alfonso Riberio on the fresh prince.....I thought the back packs were a little corny though.....I never got into that trend
  • harlem hustla
    harlem hustla Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jim jones style of dress was more influential than kanye's.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    Options
    Stop comparing other cities to NY because they're in their moment.

Drop your top 10 (or more) of ALL-TIME and while you're realizing that NY dominates your list, take a seat.

of course ALL TIME, there will be an NY rapper or two on most peoples list, other coasts have no problem recognizing yall achievements ALL TIME, but yall started talkin down about the west and south, then yall fell off and RIGHT NOW, yall aint on ? .

no order dude.
    just named my ten fav rappers.
    dude would actually be at the bottom if i did decide on an order amd soon to be off my list.
    Jay the only reason i even ? with East Coast music so soon itll just be Southern, West Coast, and Midwest
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    Options
    Since the turn of the century (2000), ATL (Georgia) has had 3 rap acts go Platinum, TIP, Luda and Outkast.

Hold on, I have to laugh real quick....lmaoooooololololololhahahahahahaha.

Ok, now that I got that out....ahem...since that same time, NY has had Jay Z, Nas, Ja Rule, DMX, 50, Fab, Lloyd Banks, Camron, Nicki all go plat.

#thesouthlost

so Jeezy dont exist now?
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rare pic of E-40 & ODB

b8wqc2.jpg
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i hope yall keep in mind the main posters who be switchin the topic from what trinidad said about radio and music to irrelevant hood activities to how ? dress, to ? skylines, to sales

lol...
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Its sad that our soft neighborhoods would have an outta towner shooker than a NYC ? outta town in a bad neighborhood lol

Our soft neighborhoods got bodegas and buildings and looks grimey enuff to have an OT'er feelin some type of way, while yall grimiest hoods got houses and lawns wit green grass lookin like a wonderland...sad.

Im out, i'll be back later to ? on the south some more tho..

Is that a bad thing? Only ignant black folk feel comfortable being broke and living in a warzone. SMH

Because all black folk in ny are broke and all of ny looks like a warzone

U ever been to nyc or do just watch mobb deep videos?

No, its that people who look down on people that don't live in warzones. Seriously, calling someone "soft" cause he lives in a safe neighborhood?

you equate bodegas and gritty buildings (architecture style) to warzone

That's ignorance.

I didn't. I just said why are people looking down on hoods down south that have green grass and open space for.

because the hoods outside the midwest and northeast look like middle class suburbs

Lol @ middle class suburbs, what!? U must've never been to any hoods in the south or west or u trollin.

Its an objective statement. You wanna know why "people look down on hoods down south because of green grass and open space" (Wild Self) is because that is what middle class suburbs look like in northern metros
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    southerns are a bunch of cornball ? from the way you dress to the music it's just ? dumb ? ? yeah there are exceptions but keep it real craft wise downsouth hip-hop is wack. generally speaking y'all some humble nice ? and crackers love humble ? Your artist don't have a history of thought provoking content

? from the mid-west chicago ,detroit are a bunch of savages now nyc had it's era of savages but during that era we also had culture and style that everybody else followed. you ? lack that same charisma that nyc and it's artist had back in the day.

New york ? are some arrogant money hungry hustlers with bad attitudes, it's ? you pay me up here. the problem with that is dudes here are quick to sell out for the money. so that's why guys out here are reluctantly copying the south. also you have to be smart and resourceful to survive up north and our music and arts reflects that. nyc is just far more complex than most other places in america and that also show in our music.

The west cost is on some whole new ? there artist don't really sound like what they did 20 years ago so it's a whole new day in the west.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    East vs West, ? them kiddies from the south. ? can't rap for ? .
  • A1000MILES
    Options
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? talkin that nonsense again
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since this is an NY vs South thread, I got a question for my southern brethern. A few actually, and no shots intended... but how and why does the "whip test" affect the value of the music you listen to? Is there music you listen that isn't playable in a car that you consider dope or classic? And what is it about the less bass heavy NY sound that turns you away from it? I ask this not as a generalization, I know not everyone thinks like that. But I hear it a lot, especially in here... "that ? don't bump in the whip"... the most prime example being ? C telling the Roots the same ? as a response to What We Do. Again, no shots, no generalizations... just wanna shed some light on this.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    There, there. Its okay. We know, the big bad South wont stop hurtin your feelings. *Pats sobbing heads* LMAO. Yall look ridiculous and aint foolin no one
  • NoCompetition
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Since this is an NY vs South thread, I got a question for my southern brethern. A few actually, and no shots intended... but how and why does the "whip test" affect the value of the music you listen to? Is there music you listen that isn't playable in a car that you consider dope or classic? And what is it about the less bass heavy NY sound that turns you away from it? I ask this not as a generalization, I know not everyone thinks like that. But I hear it a lot, especially in here... "that ? don't bump in the whip"... the most prime example being ? C telling the Roots the same ? as a response to What We Do. Again, no shots, no generalizations... just wanna shed some light on this.

See this what a mature statement or question looks like. Not all the emotions and nonsense.
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    ? from the mid-west chicago ,detroit are a bunch of savages now nyc had it's era of savages but during that era we also had culture and style that everybody else followed. you ? lack that same charisma that nyc and it's artist had back in the day..

i been sayin this since day 1 whats goin on in chicago ny been there done that ? aint impressed wit that corny ass ? and for such a big city u can argue that it contributed the least to the culture
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    1. We drive...Cities are spaced out, roads are long...Pub trans isn't the first choice in most southern cities...We have a car culture because we spend time in our cars...We like music that sounds good in our speakers, reminiscent of speakers at a party...

2. Yes.

3. It doesn't give off the right vibration...It's like if you went to a dancehall party and the speakers were pumpin nothin but treble...? won't feel that...And it's not that northern music has no bass, it's just not used the same way...Y'all will put a kick, but no 808 behind it so it's less boom and more thump...We like boom...And on top of that y'all use those hard/sharp ass snares...
  • NoCompetition
    Options
    I love a lot of NY songs through the years. "Planet Rock" Sugar hill, EPMD, Special Ed, Wu, on up to current Jay z. Etc. I aint involved in no city hating nonsense.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVEw7E4tlvwjruKPdv6gpar7KjAJdyfPbhzax_cG7eVnYW6mEActcYHeCv

We go use hard ass snares
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Went to a Party In Alabama with my cousins when I was like 15. All these hoes in the Party & these 3XL Tee wearing ass ? wanna Jump around with each other and ? . Posing for Cameras Throwing signs up & All that. Then ? start fighting & the Party over. & These ? was talking bout how Fun that ? was when it was over. I'm like But y'all ? ain't get NO HOES!!!

Still got some ? that night tho, Southern hoes love a ? who clothes fit loll
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    I actually had that mixed up...Shoulda said "less thump, more boom"...I'm high...
This discussion has been closed.