NY vs The South

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i hope yall keep in mind the main posters who be switchin the topic from what trinidad said about radio and music to irrelevant hood activities to how ? dress, to ? skylines, to sales
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Riaa only counts domestic sales and relies on shipments not sales on measurement. To be ctified the label has to pya something and request the Riaa to award certifications hence it is possiby to sell under or over a nu$ber and be certified gold/plat

Ex: Lord Willin sold over 1 mil in the US but is only certified gold
    Nicki Minaj album was cert plat upon 750000 sold
    Wale Ambition sold just under 500k total not officially cert
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    Ria a didn't certify it, but it is referred to as platinum elsewhere...
    Anyway... Atl swagger jacked Houston and Memphis...

This is truth. Atlanta got a lot of its slang and dope boy raps from Houston
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ria a didn't certify it, but it is referred to as platinum elsewhere...
    Anyway... Atl swagger jacked Houston and Memphis...

This is truth. Atlanta got a lot of its slang and dope boy raps from Houston

Put it like this. Atl exported more than it imported Everybody sayin Shawty, trappin, etc. But yeah, its more like everybody learn somethin from everybody. ATL just in that spotlight. Thats what happen from winnin. We get it.makes em feel some type of way. But out there its cool everybody supports and shows love. Its all good nobody here hatin on Houston or NY or nowhere. Nobody even thinkin bout that. I guess since dude was in NY, he saw how it was there.

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People still dont get the double album ? ?
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its sad that our soft neighborhoods would have an outta towner shooker than a NYC ? outta town in a bad neighborhood lol

Our soft neighborhoods got bodegas and buildings and looks grimey enuff to have an OT'er feelin some type of way, while yall grimiest hoods got houses and lawns wit green grass lookin like a wonderland...sad.

Im out, i'll be back later to ? on the south some more tho..

Is that a bad thing? Only ignant black folk feel comfortable being broke and living in a warzone. SMH
  • Wild Self
    Options
    i get it, cb decided to adopt his internet real ? persona after he got his ass beat by a southerner, its ok bro

lol doubt it,the real southern ? is scared to come to NY, u know that.

U ever heard a ? from anywhere say 'im bout to go to NYC for a month or 2 and lock ? down'? No! Get his hed blown the ? off lol

NYC ? da only ? that go anywhere, east, south, west, midwest and open up shop on other ? blocks..we love the south, yall so friendly to us, yall strip clubs, yall hustlers, yall women, all that...yall treat us like kings whenever we down there lmao

So you inspire to be like the white man and terrorize black folk?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So Outkast, Luda, TI, Jeezy, and Yung Joc

. i believe ceelo green went plat, liljon, soulja boy, ying tang twins
  • Wild Self
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Master P from Atl now too shawty?

Now they wanna bring up the 90's where acts like Vanilla Ice and Hammer were goin diamond...as if everyone that had a video on MTV didnt go plat at that time smh

Fun fact, or shud I say fun question...in the 90's when everyone was sellin plat, did Outkast even go plat when 3K was still dressin like a man and wasnt wearing skirts and wigs? Bcuz if not thats sad.

What does wearing skirts & wigs have to do with selling platinum albums? Why are you even obsessed over another ? attire?

Cuz he had to emasculate himself for record sales lol...it wasnt Ye, Pharell and all the other ? yall try to blame for the feminization of the black man, it was that man, ATL's own, Andre Benjamin lmao....sad.

Jim Jones made that skinny jeans ? popular.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    People still dont get the double album ? ?

? retards
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Its sad that our soft neighborhoods would have an outta towner shooker than a NYC ? outta town in a bad neighborhood lol

Our soft neighborhoods got bodegas and buildings and looks grimey enuff to have an OT'er feelin some type of way, while yall grimiest hoods got houses and lawns wit green grass lookin like a wonderland...sad.

Is that a bad thing? Only ignant black folk feel comfortable being broke and living in a warzone. SMH

Because all black folk in ny are broke and all of ny looks like a warzone

U ever been to nyc or do just watch mobb deep videos?
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Master P from Atl now too shawty?

Now they wanna bring up the 90's where acts like Vanilla Ice and Hammer were goin diamond...as if everyone that had a video on MTV didnt go plat at that time smh

Fun fact, or shud I say fun question...in the 90's when everyone was sellin plat, did Outkast even go plat when 3K was still dressin like a man and wasnt wearing skirts and wigs? Bcuz if not thats sad.

What does wearing skirts & wigs have to do with selling platinum albums? Why are you even obsessed over another ? attire?

Cuz he had to emasculate himself for record sales lol...it wasnt Ye, Pharell and all the other ? yall try to blame for the feminization of the black man, it was that man, ATL's own, Andre Benjamin lmao....sad.

Jim Jones made that skinny jeans ? popular.

NY popped off that flashy effeminate ? period
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Wild Self
    Options
    I bet CB threw a hissy fit when he found out Raekwon jumped on a track with some weirdos. Prolly dropped a tear when he seen one of his kind in a video with them.

IDGAF bout a Raekwon or a Wu Tang Clan, just a bunch of dust heads form Staten Island (fake borough) rappin bout invisible swords and four headed horseman's, ? them ? ...word.

LOL @ dissing Hip Hop legends, but expect people to respect NY.
  • Wild Self
    Options
    for those who say outkast is weirdo music, is de la soul or tribe called quest weirdo music too?

im a fan of tribe by the way so im not dissin em at all, and i wont cut ? out cuz their from a region, but i will defend the southern region/classic country rap tunes

matter fact what the ? is weirdo music? diverse, all around, not necessarily stuck on street music?

Didnt ? wit none of them weirdos either....and if we aint ? with our own NY weirdos, u really thought we were gonna ? with some down south weirdos?

Facts are if ur music had no street content in it, it wasnt getting ? with, dont matter if u were from the south, east or west....make street ? , or some wack ? wit a catchy hook wit a hard beat that we could ? wit in the club....the rest of that eclectic rap ? is for the birds, no matter the region.

Damn, black folk can't express ourselves for ? if we step outside the box. Who needs the white man when ignorant ass ? judge you for that ? ?
  • Wild Self
    Options
    FourEfil wrote: »
    Real NYC ? never liked Outkast, Goodie Mob and all them other ATL legends, if u did like em u was a weirdo type ? ....fact.[/s]

NX8CsHx.gif

I get what Chase is saying. NY was real grimey. I remember reading an article with 3000 and he said he always wondered by NY music sound so aggressive until he went to NY and saw why. Not just NY but Philly, New Jerz, CT, etc were/still is like this. But lets not forget, Puff did help Outcast get put on so this NY hated everyone thing is a myth.

Remember Wu ? didn't like Biggie because he was too flashy(Yes Biggie). Remember Kwame got his rap career deaded by Big.

I can see ? like this:

hqdefault.jpg

1002_sbkp_40_z+best_bike_videos+dmx_ruff_ryders_anthem.jpg

Not ? with:

Andre-3000-SFTA-3.jpg

tumblr_m008op1MnF1qfnt9do1_400.jpg

cee-lo-green-grammy-chicken3.jpg

Lmaooo

Sidenote: I love all the music coming out now but I missed that 90s to 00s era of East Coast hip hop where even the suburbs had mad talent

And whatever happened to the political/militant ny ? ? Dafuq

Old head NYers got rid of that Public Enemy ? cause they wanted to focus on negativity and ignorance and re-write history.

• Wild Self
    Options

No, its that people who look down on people that don't live in warzones. Seriously, calling someone "soft" cause he lives in a safe neighborhood?
  • StillFaggyAF
    edited November 2013
    Options

No, its that people who look down on people that don't live in warzones. Seriously, calling someone "soft" cause he lives in a safe neighborhood?

you equate bodegas and gritty buildings (architecture style) to warzone

That's ignorance.
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? CB, Five, & Gerald spittin thatreal in this thread tho. & Loll @ 'the way Cole sound & His Accent is Southern.' Y'all ? must not have ever heard A$AP Or French Speak. They both got NY Accents too. That don't stop y'all from saying they Sound like southern dudes.

But this thread never gonna go anywhere with NY going against the whole South. Put us against ATL Right Now & we winning. End Of story
  • Wild Self
    Options

That's ignorance.

I didn't. I just said why are people looking down on hoods down south that have green grass and open space for.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

That's ignorance.

I didn't. I just said why are people looking down on hoods down south that have green grass and open space for.

because the hoods outside the midwest and northeast look like middle class suburbs
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's ignorance.

because the hoods outside the midwest and northeast look like middle class suburbs

This nitpicky ass exchange. I think it's about that time to close this ? now. Thread running on fumes smh.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »

That's ignorance.

This nitpicky ass exchange. I think it's about that time to close this ? now. Thread running on fumes smh.

did i upset you? im just answering his comment, high density project buildings are way more common in the northern cities than out west or the south
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

That's ignorance.

Lol @ middle class suburbs, what!? U must've never been to any hoods in the south or west or u trollin.
This discussion has been closed.