The OFFicial Xbox One Thread

Options

Comments

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Ok just got mines today....UPS ? up with the dates but anyway.....I got a question I probably missed it but is there a stand by mode for the xbox one? Or it stays on while you watch tv?

There is a stand by mode, yea. If you set it up this way, you can use the "XBOX On" command and it boots everything, including your tv, instantly.

But yea, if you plug your cable box into your XBOX, then the XBOX controls that input/your tv. So if you turn the XBOX off, you can't access your cable....unless you manually move the input.

This is all intentional of course. The point is sort of to never turn off the XBOX so you can switch between multimedia seamlessly, still get gaming requests/messages, updates, etc...

Yeah I got it hooked up to the cable box when I said "xbox turn off" damn cable box went off too lol ? is tight tho I'm liking it so far

Oh word? See, my don't turn off the cable box? Maybe you can adjust in settings? Or you have inputs in wrong? I have AT&T U Verse, dont know if that makes a difference...it shouldn't though.

Also, for the record, my XBO works with my DVR to pull up recordings. I have to use my cable remote to navigate the recordings, but still, it's way better than having to switch inputs and was a huge relief. And all the basic functions...pause, rewind, fast forward...work with voice. I think there was confusion on this.

But yea, ? is tight, enjoy yo new console bruh.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Retail Xbox Ones Can Access Developer Tools
    Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Xbox One consoles purchased from retail shelves can access developer settings, a Reddit user has discovered. Earlier this year, Microsoft revealed that all Xbox Ones would be usable for developers, but this isn't quite the case right now; this discovery does not turn the unit into a development kit. Furthermore, Microsoft advises against users using this feature at all on their home machines.

"Changing the settings in this menu is only intended for developers for Xbox One, and this alone does not turn the console into a development kit," a Microsoft spokesperson told IGN. If you're thinking about messing with the developer tools in the hidden back end, you might think twice about it.

Microsoft said, "We strongly advise consumers against changing these settings as it could result in their Xbox One becoming unusable. Customers who have put their consoles into this developer setting can revert by restoring factory defaults under Settings / System, select Restore Factory Defaults."

Furthermore, numerous developers in the Reddit thread, including those at Microsoft and Epic Games, urged against adjusting these settings. "Please don't mess with anything here for the time being, especially the sandbox ID," an Xbox One developer wrote. "You risk putting your box into a boot loop."
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok just got mines today....UPS ? up with the dates but anyway.....I got a question I probably missed it but is there a stand by mode for the xbox one? Or it stays on while you watch tv?

There is a stand by mode, yea. If you set it up this way, you can use the "XBOX On" command and it boots everything, including your tv, instantly.

But yea, if you plug your cable box into your XBOX, then the XBOX controls that input/your tv. So if you turn the XBOX off, you can't access your cable....unless you manually move the input.

This is all intentional of course. The point is sort of to never turn off the XBOX so you can switch between multimedia seamlessly, still get gaming requests/messages, updates, etc...

Yeah I got it hooked up to the cable box when I said "xbox turn off" damn cable box went off too lol ? is tight tho I'm liking it so far

Oh word? See, my don't turn off the cable box? Maybe you can adjust in settings? Or you have inputs in wrong? I have AT&T U Verse, dont know if that makes a difference...it shouldn't though.

Also, for the record, my XBO works with my DVR to pull up recordings. I have to use my cable remote to navigate the recordings, but still, it's way better than having to switch inputs and was a huge relief. And all the basic functions...pause, rewind, fast forward...work with voice. I think there was confusion on this.

But yea, ? is tight, enjoy yo new console bruh.

Yeah I did all my settings during the set up so I guess it's like direct power source to the cable box...I got ? Cable idk if that makes a difference but yeah....I'll probably have dead rising 3 by friday
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I say Xbox off my TV, Cable Bo and conconsole shut tf down.
  • The Prodigalson
    Options
    ? outta here auto corect. You fail at the most inconvenient times.
  • joshuaboy
    Options

Microsoft Promises Xbox One Party Improvements
    Things will be getting better, but Microsoft won't say when.

The flawed party system on Xbox One is among the items Microsoft is working to improve, although the company is not yet ready to say when those improvements will be implemented, Xbox Live director of programming Larry Hryb has revealed.

In a post on Reddit, Hryb -- better known as Major Nelson -- responded to complaints about One's party system and the lack of a guide overlay similar to the one on Xbox 360. While he didn't specify exactly what kind of fixes are in the works, he did offer some reason for hope, stating, "I had a meeting today about much of this and I can say that things will get better. I can't offer a timeline of a list of what till be addressed first, but we are aware of the issue and things will get better."

Xbox One owners have encountered numerous issues with the Xbox One party system in particular, including problems connecting to party chat, confusion over the manner through which multiplayer invites are sent, and issues with joining multiplayer games (such as those in Ryse) while in a party.

Party issues aren't the only ones users have been encountering, as a number of other features seem to be either broken or missing, including an inability to see how much space remains available on the system's hard drive or how much battery life a controller has left. In response to this, a website called Xbox Feedback has been launched in the hopes of bringing these and other problems to Microsoft's attention so they can be fixed.

Xbox One required a Day One update in order to function, and it was reported that much of the system's operating system was still under heavy development in the lead up to the console's launch on November 22. (Some features, like Twitch streaming, didn't make the cut and won't be available until next year.) The Xbox One that was released last month differs dramatically from the original vision Microsoft outlined for the console earlier this year, which would have forced gamers to connect to the Internet regularly and blocked the repeated borrowing or sale of used games. In response to the negative reaction these decisions attracted, Microsoft quickly changed courses and reversed many of its policies.

Have you encountered issues with the operating system on Xbox One? Let us know what your experience has been like in the comments.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both consoles are so rushed and flawed and that just my honest opinion.. def would have been better to launch next year
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly think after 8 years, a lot of people just forgot what launches are like. I realize the PS3 never changed during its entire lifespan, but I never expected that the XBOX One I purchased on 11/22/13 would be anything like the one i'll be playing a year, 2 years, etc from now. Doesn't make it a bad decision/purchase...just realistic expectations.

How quickly we forget..

xbox360originaldash.jpg
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been trying to win one of these off Doritos and sodas. Won't buy one, though.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Toys R Us is getting a new shipment of Xbox One's on December 8 in-store and online. Just a heads up for anybody that was looking to cop one, probably won't last very long tho.
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    This ? was upset..got my first next gen hate mail

IMAG0635_zps984b6f08.jpg
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol 'you are fear'
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    you are fear ...... lmao
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hahaha! "You are fear"!

I haven't recieved new gen hate yet. I seem to always be playing with noisy French ? .
  • joshuaboy
    Options

Don't Try to Make Your Xbox One Backwards Compatible
    Microsoft says gamers run the risk of bricking their consoles.

Microsoft's Major Nelson warned Xbox One owners against trying to make their consoles backwards compatible.

A guide making its way around the internet claims you can use the Xbox One's developer tools to let Microsoft's new console play Xbox 360 games. People falling for this trick risk bricking their machines.

"To be clear, there is no way to make your Xbox One backwards compatible & performing steps to attempt this could make your console inoperable," Major Nelson wrote on Twitter.

Earlier this week, a Reddit user discovered Xbox One consoles purchased at retail can access developer settings. However, just because you can activate these settings doesn't mean you should.

"We strongly advise consumers against changing these settings as it could result in their Xbox One becoming unusable," Microsoft said. "Customers who have put their consoles into this developer setting can revert by restoring factory defaults under Settings / System, select Restore Factory Defaults."
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish I could play 360 games on it. Haven't even played GTA O yet.
  • vageneral08
    Options
    Man I'm loving this ? so far
  • John_Blazini
    Options
  • vageneral08
    Options
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y is no one talking about project spark??????
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    Y is no one talking about project spark??????
    Probably because nobody gives a ? (as of now). Forgot the ? even existed.
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    im looking forward to it actually
  • The Prodigalson
    Options
    May be a game I cop for my son. He into that type ? .
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    bcmak24

Man you been on my xbox friends list for years i never knew who the hell you was..Lol