The OFFicial Xbox One Thread

Options

Comments

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pendulum wars happened before Gear 1 right? So will it be. Humans V Humans?
  • Karl.
    Options
    Speaking of good service from MS. They just refunded me three months of Xbox music service I forgot to cancel.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    Pendulum wars happened before Gear 1 right? So will it be. Humans V Humans?

Yea it would be... but that's just me speculating... nothing has been announced
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good move. If any franchise was worth moneyhatting it was Gears.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TitanFall 2 and beyond will be next. Ready for that beta.

I double dipped on Tomb Raider for XO. Anybody sleeping on the last gen version really should pick it up, really nice upgrade of an already great game.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I downloaded it and beat it.. MP is meh but def recommend playing the SP
  • focus
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Good move. If any franchise was worth moneyhatting it was Gears.

I read M$ got it for no more than $100 million, which is a steal considering Gears is a billion dollar franchise. Can't believe Sony let it slip through their fingers considering how badly Sony platform owners have always wanted to play Gears and that PlayStation still doesn't have a coveted exclusive shooter after so many tries. They most likely didn't have the cash. TitanFall, Halo, and Gears all being exclusive on XO is crazy.
  • John_Blazini
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just don't see them ever releasing a machine without an optical drive. We'll see. One thing I do know though now that D4 and Below have pretty much been confirmed for this year I'll end up buying one of these this fall. I know most of you guys likely don't care about niche games but those are 2 of the games I was most hyped about.

On top of that Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2 are also expected sometime this year and E3 hasn't even happened yet so I'm sure there are probably more 2014 surprises on the way. The exclusive game library on this platform is shaping up pretty nicely.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice ....... but I'll spend the extra 100. Can't deal with Digital only on my 2Mb internet
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Id get the drive less One. I could just get the exclusives and it would balance out ok.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope this upcoming update fix some things
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    Anyone getting Plants vs Zombies?
  • focus
    Options
    Anyone getting Plants vs Zombies?

Haven't decided yet. Looks dope tho.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope this upcoming update fix some things

This most pressing issue is the party system.. whatever they thought was gonna work didnt, and it prevents u from simply inviting someone to a private game
  • focus
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yall ? still sleeping on XBOX Fitness? That silent killer app M$ never talks about for some reason. Maybe they have bigger plans, but if there was ever a case to be made for Kinect, XBOX Fitness is it. Plus its free for a year.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^
    Focus stays losing.
  • Myndset
    Myndset Members Posts: 177 ✭✭
    Options
    Don't really post much on here but I finally bought an Xbox one GT is ElFlourish
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Microsoft Details Xbox One Multiplayer & Party Updates
    The March updates will prepare your console for the behemoth that is Titanfall.

Off the back of the Xbox One's first major update today, Microsoft has detailed some of the new multiplayer and party features coming in its second update in March.

The aim of these updates is to broadly improve the social experience on your console, with a particular eye on the release of the highly anticipated Xbox One exclusive Titanfall on March 11.

"Our March Xbox One system update will start rolling out in early March," said Xbox Corporate Vice President Marc Whitten in a statement. "We’re excited to get these multiplayer and party improvements out in time for the March 11 launch of “Titanfall,” the highly anticipated team-based online multiplayer game."

The second major Xbox One update will put greater focus on your somewhat marginalized friends list, bringing it front and center on the homepage of the Friends app. You will now have the option to click the 'Social' tile on your home page or say "Xbox, go to Friends" to immediately see who's online.

Party chat audio, which currently has to be turned on manually, will be turned on by default as soon as you start or join a party. Further, Party chat will now be separated from just the people playing your game, so you'll have the ability to chat with friends outside of your game if you wish.

Microsoft is also introducing an "Invite friends to game" option to multiplayer titles moving forward, which will appear inside a game's menu as a simpler option to set up online matches with your buddies. A 'Recent Players' list will be added, highlighting those you've recently played with in case you want to interact with them again.

Whitten promises more features in the update, the details of which will be shared in the days and weeks ahead.

"We’re lucky to have a passionate community that shares feedback. Thanks for helping us make Xbox One even better."
  • joshuaboy
    Options

Xbox One Stereo Headset and Adapter Arriving in March
    New Microsoft accessory set to release across Xbox One markets worldwide soon.

Microsoft has today announced the Xbox One Stereo Headset, set to release across Xbox One markets worldwide in early March.

The full range (20Hz – 20kHz) game and chat audio headset will feature over-the-ear speakers, a unidirectional microphone, and ship with a detachable Stereo Headset Adapter for straightforward access to audio controls.
    XboxOne_StereoHeadset_ANRwithMic_RGB.png

For Xbox One owners who already own a pair of compatible stereo gaming headphones the adapter will also be available separately alongside the headset when it’s released in March. This will just enable chat audio; in this case, game audio will require direct connection with your Xbox One via an optical cable or TV via RCA cables.

Geneva_GreenOnWhite-610x344.png

The Xbox One Stereo Headset will set you back USD$80. The Stereo Headset Adapter will be available for USD$25.
  • joshuaboy
    Options

Xbox One February Update Delayed
    Tuesday's scheduled update has been pushed till "later this week."

The Xbox One update originally intended to go out on Tuesday has been delayed till later in the week, Xbox's Director of Programming has revealed.

"Update will ship this week, but not today," said Larry Hryb, speaking on Twitter. "The team is working on finalizing."

An exact date was not specified.

The February update comes with various back-end and front-end changes, including the ability to manage your console's storage, battery power indicators, and general improvements to stability. Additionally, Microsoft are also working on the second update due in March; it will focus on social features that aim to improve your experience of the Xbox-exclusive Titanfall, which is due for release on March 11.

IGN reviewed the Xbox One in November 2013, concluding that it was good but in need of refinement.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Xbox One Stereo Headset and Adapter Arriving in March
    New Microsoft accessory set to release across Xbox One markets worldwide soon.

Microsoft has today announced the Xbox One Stereo Headset, set to release across Xbox One markets worldwide in early March.

The full range (20Hz – 20kHz) game and chat audio headset will feature over-the-ear speakers, a unidirectional microphone, and ship with a detachable Stereo Headset Adapter for straightforward access to audio controls.
    XboxOne_StereoHeadset_ANRwithMic_RGB.png

For Xbox One owners who already own a pair of compatible stereo gaming headphones the adapter will also be available separately alongside the headset when it’s released in March. This will just enable chat audio; in this case, game audio will require direct connection with your Xbox One via an optical cable or TV via RCA cables.

Geneva_GreenOnWhite-610x344.png

The Xbox One Stereo Headset will set you back USD$80. The Stereo Headset Adapter will be available for USD$25.

So does this mean I can use my Beats to play? My ? !!!
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    Bought plants vs zombies warfare
  • Karl.
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Be cool if I could use my Bose.

Finally got my Xbone set up on live at my work residence. All we need now is more games.

Rayman Legends is out on PS4 and Xbone now.

• John_Blazini
    Options
    It looks like a fun game i only played a Rayman Demo is it cool ?