• Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    One Officer Dead, Eight Injured After NYPD Van Crashes in the Bronx

By: Dayna Evans

One NYPD officer died early Sunday morning in the Bronx after a van carrying several officers crashed into a median on the Bruckner Expressway at around 5 a.m. Eight other officers were injured and taken to several local hospitals.

Details of the accident have not been released except that the NYPD van appeared to be the only vehicle in the crash. According to the New York Times, "The officers, assigned to the 47th Precinct in the north Bronx, had been heading south to a special detail in Manhattan related to the start of the United Nations General Assembly on Monday, the police said."

None of the eight NYPD officers admitted to the hospital had life-threatening injuries.

Police Officer Dies in Bronx Crash
    By J. DAVID GOODMANSEPT. 21, 2014
    A New York City police officer died early Sunday morning after the van in which he was riding crashed into a median on the Bruckner Expressway in the Bronx, the department said.

Eight other officers in the van were also injured. The circumstances of the crash, which occurred just after 5 a.m. in the Hunts Point neighborhood, were not immediately available. No other vehicles appeared to have been involved in the crash, the police said.

The police did not immediately release the identity of the officer killed in the crash.

The officers, assigned to the 47th Precinct in the north Bronx, had been heading south to a special detail in Manhattan related to the start of United Nations General Assembly events on Monday, the police said.

The injured officers were taken to Lincoln Hospital, Jacobi Medical Center and St. Barnabas Hospital, the police said. None of those officers had life-threatening injuries, the department said.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    San Francisco Restaurant Gives No ? About Being Gluten-Free

By: C.A. Pinkham

It had to happen sooner or later: someone has finally stood up and very publicly said "no, ? YOU" to the anti-MSG, all-organic-all-the-time, do-you-have-gluten-free-everything crowd.

The above sign was posted for a day outside of San Francisco restaurant SO after the final straw in a presumably long line of ? customers. Though the incident happened last week, a news report focused on an interview with owner James Chu aired on Sunday, and I have to say, from the interview, Chu's kind of a badass.

Chu said that he had finally had it up to here when a customer told him "the rule is, if we don't like it, we don't have to pay for it," and this is actually where we post a disclaimer, because "if we don't like it, we don't have to pay for it" isn't as cut-and-dried as it may seem. This is something we've argued about a lot on this website, actually, but I stand by my belief that if you order something, take a bite, don't like it, and don't eat any more of it, you don't owe the restaurant MONEY for it (particularly if you replace it with something else). I've never worked somewhere that wouldn't take uneaten food off a check (this is where the whole idea of "dead food" that's up for grabs comes from), and to me the idea that if you ordered it, you HAVE to pay for it regardless of whether it was ? rings of some pro-business, anti-consumer ? .*

On the other hand, if you "don't like it" and you then proceed to eat all of it? Yes you ? well do have to pay for it. So I guess whether I'm on Chu's side for that particular facet of the story depends on whether the customer actually ate more than a bite of the food.

I'm definitely on Chu's side for everything else that happened, though — the customer apparently stormed out while swearing at him, and obviously, that ? 's not OK. Finally, Chu just said "? it guys, we're done for the day," and closed down, posting the above sign in SO's WINDOW.

The funniest part of the interview itself comes at the end, when the reporter asks Chu whether he plans to change the menu at all going forward. Chu shakes his head and then issues this mic drop:

"Perhaps maybe organic MSG."
    It's important to note, because you just KNOW some people will immediately go there, that in no way is this directed at people with CELIAC DISEASE. Chu and his staff just got really, really tired of being asked the same ? questions about locally-sourced gluten-free artisanal ? by pretentious hipster ? and did what I promise you every single restaurant employee in the Western hemisphere has wanted to do at some point during their career. Ultimately, the takeaway is this: no one is forcing you to eat at a restaurant if their product standards (MSG, non-organic, non-gluten-free, etc.) aren't to your liking, and — assuming the restaurant is open about their standards (yes) and there are plenty of options available that would be more to your tastes (in San Francisco? Hell yes) — you don't have a right to demand that of them. Some places aren't for you, so don't eat there.

Man, restaurants in the San Francisco-area are killing it lately with regard to standing up to ? customers. Next time I'm in Northern California,** I've got two restaurants I need to hit up.

roww60nkgtmif0g4zjqb.jpg
  • Young_Chitlin
    Options
    @tha_bride22 I read through most of it and I responded like... well damn
  • BrideofKilla
    BrideofKilla Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Some were funny and some were just sad, like damn, you went through all of that?!

• Young_Chitlin
    Options

Some were funny and some were just sad, like damn, you went through all of that?!

True but when you have certain needs to be met, you will literally do anything to get said needs met. The one about the "sex room" was pretty funny.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    173539.gif

where is this from?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i get a1 sauce on my 5 guys burgers too