Interstellar (2014)(Christopher Nolan) - Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway & Sir Michael Caine

Options

Comments

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IMAX is so good.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? was dope
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    TARS was the realest ? i've seen in a movie in a long time.
    dr mann was one of the most bitchmade people i've ever seen on film
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw this ? tonight with the fam ... and gawt damn dis ? hot denna ? ! ... Nolan dont fail
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    The movie has ambitious interesting big ideas but sometimes fell flat.The theories on space travel and wormhole were very interesting but were tackled quiet poorly interms of explaining the science/physics behind wormholes and black hole...it seemed like it expected it to be obvious which is only obvious to those (like me interested in quantum physics and space travel)

Its not a masterpiece but its a great movie,the cinematography ,goodamn you watch the at IMAX or nothing...its a beautiful movie

The whole concept of how love , gravity and time are connected was mindblowing .

The acting just okay the send out characters where young Murph and Anne Hathaway , Matthew Mac's was not clear in some parts because of his strong accent , i think Matt Damon should have played cooper or someone else.

My biggest pet peeve was with the movie was...
    cooper making it at the end that ruined the ending and Matt Damon was an ? ? .

And why does the black whole just take Cooper back to the bedroom library , why not any other time in his life ?

Also they still never explained how the wormhole appeared close to saturn, who brought it there ?

TARS is that ? lol

I will give it a 7.5/10 , its also a bit to long...

if you like contact , 2001 and gravity , this will be right up your alley

you gotta listen to coop towards the end bruh ... he answered your last two questions when he was talking to TARS
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    he was but i thought his character was necessary to keep a sense of honesty alive ... the whole catch phrase of the movie is on some could you sacrifice yourself for the survival of mankind ? .. well .. DR."MAN" (so properly named btw) represents the flaw in your average person/man .. the selfishness the deceiving the manipulative nature within man .. he and coop's chasm illustrated how difficult it is to get people on the same page to do something for the betterment of all and not yourself .. which reinforces how difficult and hopeless their mission to save the world would be..mann broke the whole ? down when he left coop for dead
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited November 2014
    Options
    he was but i thought his character was necessary to keep a sense of honesty alive ... the whole catch phrase of the movie is on some could you sacrifice yourself for the survival of mankind ? .. well .. DR."MAN" (so properly named btw) represents the flaw in your average person/man .. the selfishness the deceiving the manipulative nature within man .. he and coop's chasm illustrated how difficult it is to get people on the same page to do something for the betterment of all and not yourself .. which reinforces how difficult and hopeless their mission to save the world would be..mann broke the whole ? down when he left coop for dead
    hmm...i got all that...but just the bitchassness was some next level ? lol. it's one thing to fake data to try to get saved. but talking to cooper while he's supposed to be dying. foh either be the bad guy or don't but don't act like you didn't wana do it. brand knew what he was doing was ? up but at least he rode it out.

it also speaks to "murphy's law"..literally everything that coulda went wrong on that mission went wrong. they lost 2 crew members, they lost time with their earthly family & friends, the original purpose of the mission was ? , somebody tried to ? them, they didn't find a hospitable planet...smh.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The movie has ambitious interesting big ideas but sometimes fell flat.The theories on space travel and wormhole were very interesting but were tackled quiet poorly interms of explaining the science/physics behind wormholes and black hole...it seemed like it expected it to be obvious which is only obvious to those (like me interested in quantum physics and space travel)

Its not a masterpiece but its a great movie,the cinematography ,goodamn you watch the at IMAX or nothing...its a beautiful movie

The whole concept of how love , gravity and time are connected was mindblowing .

The acting just okay the send out characters where young Murph and Anne Hathaway , Matthew Mac's was not clear in some parts because of his strong accent , i think Matt Damon should have played cooper or someone else.

My biggest pet peeve was with the movie was...
    cooper making it at the end that ruined the ending and Matt Damon was an ? ? .

And why does the black whole just take Cooper back to the bedroom library , why not any other time in his life ?

Also they still never explained how the wormhole appeared close to saturn, who brought it there ?

TARS is that ? lol

I will give it a 7.5/10 , its also a bit to long...

if you like contact , 2001 and gravity , this will be right up your alley

you gotta listen to coop towards the end bruh ... he answered your last two questions when he was talking to TARS

Dude was probably too caught up trying to figure out the physics instead of watching the film.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You guys really liked this movie? I thought the writing was terrible the whole ? with Damon was unnecessary and him floating in a different dimension then they find him randomly floating in space. The build up was good but they tried to give it too many twist and terns. The whole love can travel thru time ? was extremely corny
  • eyes low
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    You guys really liked this movie? I thought the writing was terrible the whole ? with Damon was unnecessary and him floating in a different dimension then they find him randomly floating in space. The build up was good but they tried to give it too many twist and terns. The whole love can travel thru time ? was extremely corny

who do you know thats not a plausible theory ?

I didn't say it wasn't plausible I'm just saying its corny
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    hmm...i got all that...but just the bitchassness was some next level ? lol. it's one thing to fake data to try to get saved. but talking to cooper while he's supposed to be dying. foh either be the bad guy or don't but don't act like you didn't wana do it. brand knew what he was doing was ? up but at least he rode it out.

it also speaks to "murphy's law"..literally everything that coulda went wrong on that mission went wrong. they lost 2 crew members, they lost time with their earthly family & friends, the original purpose of the mission was ? , somebody tried to ? them, they didn't find a hospitable planet...smh.
    yeah but see the ? not ? lol ...even if your doing some ? up ? most people know its ? up and still feel bad..thats just a natural human emotion.. like i dont think his character was meant to epitomize pure evil or pure callousness with no remorse or regret on some Michael Myers ? .. i mean i think he did feel bad about doing what he was doing but he felt like this was the right thing to do .. he thought he was being calculated and he thought coop wouldn't be able to... thats why i think he was talking to him .. i mean he said .. "i thought i could watch you go thru this but i cant" so he's telling you that he's not some beast without a conscious..he's just like i said an honest representation of what a lot of people would do in that situation..

and they did find a hospitable planet ... Dr.Brands/Dr.Edmunds planet was hospitable.. thats why she has her helmet off at the end chilling .. i dont think coop is going to go save her and bring her back to earth i think he's going to go thru with the original plan A and start a new civilization on that planet .. remember when he realized that "them" is actually "us" ..well .. who do you think puts the wormhole there?
  • eyes low
    Options

who do you know thats not a plausible theory ?

I didn't say it wasn't plausible I'm just saying its corny

explain why?

I just think it's corny Iove and gravity are the only things that can travel thru time. It's lame to me and it's lame that they told him to go look for brand at the end of it
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone who ever took a astronomy class could pick apart the scientific fallacies in this movie. Particularly about black holes and time travel.
  • eyes low
    Options
    The science stuff is great but doesn't make up for the empty characters, The ? ending the writing wasn't great. A lot of holes in the movie. I enjoyed Nolan's other movies I just think they focused too much on the science and not enough with the story
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Anyone who ever took a astronomy class could pick apart the scientific fallacies in this movie. Particularly about black holes and time travel.

Let me know which college you went to so I can make sure not to send my kids there.

Do worry, your kids won't go to college.

Since when can you enter into a black hole and it not rip your apart?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    Christopher Nolan be having people in the feelings.

Yes and that goes both ways. His fans are just as bad about anybody critiquing the guy even when they bring up legit criticism.

• God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie was great. Enough said. Beautiful
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    white715 wrote: »
    Christopher Nolan be having people in the feelings.

Yes and that goes both ways. His fans are just as bad about anybody critiquing the guy even when they bring up legit criticism.

This

And I think its a younger generation of movie goers who started of on him when he made those Batman films.. .

Any criticism of dude is met with backlash as evidenced in this thread.

I'd like him however to make a movie with a budget a tenth of Interstellar as his next feature. Great directors switch in between different budgetary productions.. .
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I woulda argued long and hard against picking that ? first planet. ? did you say 7 years is a hour? FOH, unsuitable planet for colonization, next question. Why the ? was that even a discussion lol. Ya'll shoulda realized what happened with the signal after brainstorming about it for 10 good minutes lol. That was some "Prometheus crew" level logic right there. Only real plot hole to me.
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Since when can you enter into a black hole and it not rip your apart?

Since when is anything concerning the inside of a black hole not speculative, theoretical-ass ? ? Seriously, DeGrasse Tyson is smart enough to know that anyone screaming "THAT'S NOT HOW THE INSIDES OF BLACK HOLES WORK!!!" needs to ? regardless of how many doctorates they got.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/11/11/neil-degrasse-tyson-breaks-down-interstellar-black-holes-time-dilations-and-massive-waves.html
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like that white people look to a ? to tell them what to think about space.