How many classic albums does Eminem have?

Options

Comments

• GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    His best Produced album is The Eminem Show

• GunTown
    Options
    Top 5 best songs from each album (in no particular order)

The Slim Shady LP - Rock Bottom, If I Had, 97 Bonnie & Clyde, I'm Shady, As The World Turns

The Marshall Mathers LP - The Way I Am, Stan, Who Knew, Marshall Mathers, Kim

The Eminem Show - Hailies Song, Say Goodbye To Hollywood, Cleaning Out My Closet, Sing For The Moment, Soldier

Encore - Mockingbird, We As Americans, Like Toy Soldiers, Love You More, Mosh

Relapse - Beautiful, Be Careful What You Wish For, Deja Vu, My Darling, Hello

Recovery - Going Through Changes, Not Afraid, Spacebound, So Bad, Talkin To Myself

The Marshall Mathers LP 2 - Stronger Than I Was, Headlights, Beautiful Pain, So Much Better, Bad Guy
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lil kim has a 5 mic album from 2005, how did we miss this? im gonna have to give it a listen since the source is so accurate, sarcasm aside has anybody listened to this lil kim album if so is it in the same league as illmatic?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    None (0)
    Kim's album is not 5 mic, but it was a really good album imo.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lil kim has a 5 mic album from 2005, how did we miss this? im gonna have to give it a listen since the source is so accurate, sarcasm aside has anybody listened to this lil kim album if so is it in the same league as illmatic?

That Kim album was dope....idk about 5 mic dope but coming from a female rapper definitely 4-4 1/2 mic...she was getting at 50 on that ? too lol
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we agree the source can sometimes be wrong? no further questions your honour.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    None (0)

It was a good album. I bought it because of that Source rating. It shouldn't have gotten a 5 mic rating.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    None (0)
    So we agree the source can sometimes be wrong? no further questions your honour.

Out of the handful of albums they did or didn't give 5 mics, i would say they are 99% accurate. All those albums that did get 5 mics or rerated still hold up.
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    None (0)
    0 classic
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And @GunTown why do you keep bringing up how many songs were produced or sung on that doesn't mean anything.... J.Cole produced his whole albums and preformed most of his hooks on his albums and he was spitting so are you gonna call those classics??? I think not your just gonna bring up some other reasons why they aren't..... So if those reasons don't matter with other rappers quit using them as a point for Em
  • theblackjewjewreview
    theblackjewjewreview Members, Writer Posts: 21
    Options
    Just learned that 38% of people on this board are haters.

At least one of his first two albums was game changing.
  • GunTown
    Options
    Who cares about the Source rating lol

Grammy awards, Soul Train awards, MTV awards, B.E.T. awards>>>>>>>5 Mic Source rating

Diamond plaques>>>>>>>>>5 Mic Source rating

100 Million records sold>>>>>>>>>5 Mic Source rating

Highest selling Hip Hop album ever>>>>>>>>>>>5 Mic Source rating

And u know what the irony is?

If the Source had given The Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show 5 Mics like they rightfully deserved and Eminem was amazed they they never the Source magazine wouldn't have gone Bankrupt

The beef with Benzino initially started because the Source didn't give his first 3 albums 5 mics and Eminem called them out for it and the public did too so if the Source just gave the albums 5 mics it would never have gone Bankrupt and Benzino never would have lost it
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some people tend to add sales & awards into the conversation of a hot album. But to a true hip hop head, that ? don't really matter. ? The Source, album sales & awards. It's all on your ear at the end of the day.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    None (0)
    Yeah, grammy awards support real hip hop, ask K. dot
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    None (0)
    GunTown wrote: »
    Who cares about the Source rating lol

Grammy awards, Soul Train awards, MTV awards, B.E.T. awards>>>>>>>5 Mic Source rating

Diamond plaques>>>>>>>>>5 Mic Source rating

100 Million records sold>>>>>>>>>5 Mic Source rating

Highest selling Hip Hop album ever>>>>>>>>>>>5 Mic Source rating

And u know what the irony is?

If the Source had given The Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show 5 Mics like they rightfully deserved and Eminem was amazed they they never the Source magazine wouldn't have gone Bankrupt

The beef with Benzino initially started because the Source didn't give his first 3 albums 5 mics and Eminem called them out for it and the public did too so if the Source just gave the albums 5 mics it would never have gone Bankrupt and Benzino never would have lost it

Jay has grammy's MTV Awards, BET Awards, soul train awards and has sold a ton of records, AND has 2 5 mic ratings in the Source, and you still don't think Jay Z has any classics. So I mean this goes both ways.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MMLP yes and SSLP (just ecks in there)
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His true and only classic is MMLP
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Know what I'd put TES over SSLP after thinking on it
  • GunTown
    Options
    The Eminem Show is the best album i have ever heard most flawless Hip Hop album i ever heard

My fave produced album ever as well
  • GunTown
    Options
    Listening to The Eminem Show now

Every song is flawless besides Without Me

Hailie's Song, Cleaning Out My Closet, Say Goodbye To Hollywood, Soldier, Sing For The Moment, Till I Collapse, White America, Square Dance, Drips, When The Music Stops. So many deep and emotional songs

Superman, Say What You Say, Business. the bangers

Lotta political and social commentry. White America, Square Dance, Sing For The Moment

Bangin production on every song
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll give him the MMLP but that's it.
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got Tier (classic): MMLP
    High Tier :SSLP , The Em Show
  • GunTown