Who are your top 5 players in the NBA right now..

Options

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ray-J-Stare-VH1-For-the-Love-of-Ray-J.gif

@ the nikkas laughing at my list.

Bottom line: if a nikka on your list has never done a 360 layup without picking up his pivot foot -- Miss me.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    LBJ
    DURANT
    GEORGE
    ALDRIDGE
    HARDEN
    This is def 1 of the wackiest years in hoops I remember, mostly thanks to injury to superior performers.....

Bron
    Rant
    Paul George
    Chris Paul
    Steph Curry

Remedial reading ass ?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    Seriously.... Somebody explain to me how cp3 isn't a top 7 player...
    Cause we gotta make room for John Wall
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blake Griffin
    Melo
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    Paul George
    James Harden
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh @ the hate on john wall, but yea cp3 top 5 fo sho
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    The minute I get to a computer, everybody who said wall going to the dumb ? thread

John Wall ain't even a top 5 PG
    R.D. wrote: »
    CP3
    Damian Lilliard
    Kyle Lowry
    Dragic
    Curry
    Rondo
    Tony Parker
    Ty Lawson

Westbrook

All better than him

too much starch on this ironing

Looking at some of these lists, the NBA is at an all-time low as far as talent goes. Most of these guys are not even close to being HOFs, yet a lot of people consider them the top players in the league today.

its a lil too soon to even know for majority of the guys named
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cp3
    Melo
    Aldridge
    George
    Curry
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    CP3
    Steph Curry
    LeMarcus Aldridge
    Melo
    Harden/Blake Griffin
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PG
    CP3
    Blake
    Curry
    Westbrook
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Noah gets no love smh
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Melo
    CP3
    George
    Curry
    Love

• The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Statically speaking, based off efficiency numbers and overall value to the team-

1. Lebron James - NBA efficiency rating 29.90 which is currently 2nd in the NBA. He also statistically virtually has no weakness that is detrimental.

2. Kevin Durant- NBA efficiency rating of 30.51 which highest in the NBA, but he has a lower assist rate(5% lower) and turns the ball over (.7% more) than Lebron which offsets the difference of NBA efficiency rating between them.

3. CP3- Best PG in the league and has a 26.22 NBA efficiency rating and has an amazing 37% assist rate, he runs offensive sets better than any guard in the NBA.

4. Carmelo- Has a 25.02 NBA efficiency rating and has a higher offensive rebounding % than Lebron and Durant and he turns the ball over less than both of them as well.

*gap from the rest of the NBA statistically*

5. Steph Curry- He barely edged out Kevin Love, James Harden and Anthony Davis statistically. His NBA efficiency rating is 23.31 and one separates him from the above three is that his assist rate is much higher and he is more responsible for dictating his team's offensive flow and pace than the others.

FYI In the next couple of years in my honest opinion John Wall, Paul George and Kyrie Irving's efficiency rating will more than likely make the leap in Top 5 territory based on the fact that they're relatively young and each are in the top 20 in EWA(which is win share, it measures how valuable you are to your teams winning %)
    Anthony Davis has the 5th highest EWA in the NBA, so statistically speaking there are only 4 players in that NBA could make the Pelicans better by themselves than he could.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Bruh...the OP said top 5 excluding Bron and KD. Lol dude threw all out these numbers in his post and missed the key point to this thread.
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh...the OP said top 5 excluding Bron and KD. Lol dude threw all out these numbers in his post and missed the key point to this thread.
    My fault man, newb mistake jump the gun a bit didn't fully read the OP lol. Well just exclude my top 2 and move up CP3 to 1, Melo to 2, Curry to 3, Kevin Love to 4 and Anthony Davis to 5(He barely edges out James Harden because Harden has Dwight Howard to draw double-teams as well.)

Anthony Davis is also an elite defender as well as rebounder. Harden is a lethal scorer who shoots under 50% from the field and under 35% from the perimeter.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Smh ? still think melo top 7? Wurd?? He can't even get his team in the playoffs in the east.

CP3
    Blake
    Aldridge
    Love
    Curry
    Harden
    Dwight
    PG
    Westbrook>>>>>>>>>>> Melo

? ain't even in my top 10 including KD and Lebron.

• greenwood1921
    Options
    You really shouldn't speak on sports if you think Melo ain't a top ten player. Nikka been to the playoffs the majority of his career.

Nikkas ? me with that silly ass "if he ain't the best, he's the worst" ? .
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Statically speaking, based off efficiency numbers and overall value to the team-

1. Lebron James - NBA efficiency rating 29.90 which is currently 2nd in the NBA. He also statistically virtually has no weakness that is detrimental.

2. Kevin Durant- NBA efficiency rating of 30.51 which highest in the NBA, but he has a lower assist rate(5% lower) and turns the ball over (.7% more) than Lebron which offsets the difference of NBA efficiency rating between them.

3. CP3- Best PG in the league and has a 26.22 NBA efficiency rating and has an amazing 37% assist rate, he runs offensive sets better than any guard in the NBA.

4. Carmelo- Has a 25.02 NBA efficiency rating and has a higher offensive rebounding % than Lebron and Durant and he turns the ball over less than both of them as well.

*gap from the rest of the NBA statistically*

5. Steph Curry- He barely edged out Kevin Love, James Harden and Anthony Davis statistically. His NBA efficiency rating is 23.31 and one separates him from the above three is that his assist rate is much higher and he is more responsible for dictating his team's offensive flow and pace than the others.

FYI In the next couple of years in my honest opinion John Wall, Paul George and Kyrie Irving's efficiency rating will more than likely make the leap in Top 5 territory based on the fact that they're relatively young and each are in the top 20 in EWA(which is win share, it measures how valuable you are to your teams winning %)
    Anthony Davis has the 5th highest EWA in the NBA, so statistically speaking there are only 4 players in that NBA could make the Pelicans better by themselves than he could.

Dope, detailed post, bruh.

Be careful with advanced stats tho. ? can lead you astray. Nice post tho.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited March 2014
    Options
    You really shouldn't speak on sports if you think Melo ain't a top ten player. Nikka been to the playoffs the majority of his career.

Stop following me bruh.. I know you begging for my attention/approval but it's just not worth it to debate with you. You are literally clueless when it comes to hoop.

• greenwood1921
    edited March 2014
    Options

Stop following me bruh.. I know you begging for my attention/approval but it's just not worth it to debate with you. You are literally clueless when it comes to hoop.

Paul George is the 2nd best player in the league.

Melo ain't even top 10.

*Trade Machine trade #213: D.Rose to the Knicks for JR Smith and Chris Smith.

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Saw the John Wall debate. As one of the few Wizards fans in CS and having seen majority of his games since he been in the league despite the fact that his play has taken a huge leap this year he's not top 5. The ? JUST learned to shoot a jumper and he can still only do it from one spot on the court consistently. He still got a long way to go but he finally is on the right track. He's not even close to his full potential yet.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

Melo ain't even top 10.

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

Keeping tabs on my posts from 6 months ago smh. ? is closet ? .. I mean fans. Like I said stop following me you ? groupie.

• greenwood1921
    edited March 2014
    Options

Melo ain't even top 10.

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

Keeping tabs on my posts from 6 months ago smh. ? is closet ? .. I mean fans. Like I said stop following me you ? groupie.

Nikka, everybody on this forum that posts in the NBA thread know about them ? quotes and multiple silly ass trade machine ? .

This ain't twitter - it's a message board. You post dumb ? and the whole forum sees it.

Speaking of which...
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited March 2014
    Options

Melo ain't even top 10.

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

Nikka, everybody on this forum that posts in the NBA thread know about them ? quotes and multiple silly ass trade machine ? .

This ain't twitter - it's a message board. You post dumb ? and the whole forum sees it.

Speaking of which...

You got 40 thousand more post than me bruh. You need to reevaluate your life. If it weren't for gifs and half assed jokes you would literally have nothing to say my nig. Go outside bruh.. There's a whole world out there.
  • greenwood1921
    Options

Melo ain't even top 10.

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

Speaking of which...

You got 40 thousand more post than me bruh. You need to reevaluate you life. If it weren't for gifs and half assed jokes you would literally have nothing to say my nig. Go outside bruh.. There's a whole world out there.

And those ? posts of yours still stand. It takes 5 seconds to post, nikka. You should know, 'cause you obviously don't put much thought into them ? posts.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Smh ? still think melo top 7? Wurd?? He can't even get his team in the playoffs in the east.

CP3
    Blake
    Aldridge
    Love
    Curry
    Harden
    Dwight
    PG
    Westbrook>>>>>>>>>>> Melo

? ain't even in my top 10 including KD and Lebron.

he's made the playoffs every year tho besides this one, a year his team is pure ASS