Who are your top 5 players in the NBA right now..

Options

Comments

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You really shouldn't speak on sports if you think Melo ain't a top ten player. Nikka been to the playoffs the majority of his career.

Nikkas ? me with that silly ass "if he ain't the best, he's the worst" ? .

Man, ? been to the post season every year of his career. And the Hawks been sliding lately. So you never know who could get that 8th spot.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Smh ? still think melo top 7? Wurd?? He can't even get his team in the playoffs in the east.

CP3
    Blake
    Aldridge
    Love
    Curry
    Harden
    Dwight
    PG
    Westbrook>>>>>>>>>>> Melo

? ain't even in my top 10 including KD and Lebron.

he's made the playoffs every year tho besides this one, a year his team is pure ASS
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    You really shouldn't speak on sports if you think Melo ain't a top ten player. Nikka been to the playoffs the majority of his career.

Man, ? been to the post season every year of his career. And the Hawks been sliding lately. So you never know who could get that 8th spot.

Nah, y'all just sayin' that 'cause you "following him" and "post a lot". lol
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He made the playoffs every year and damn near every year he gets washed and it's not like he hasn't had talent around him. Dude is a ball stopper who really doesn't bring much to the table besides scoring. Is he an elite scorer? sure but as I've stated numerous times before that's only half the game. He's not a leader.. Can't play a lick of defense and doesn't make players around him better. Melo is the most overrated player of this generation.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Smh ? still think melo top 7? Wurd?? He can't even get his team in the playoffs in the east.

CP3
    Blake
    Aldridge
    Love
    Curry
    Harden
    Dwight
    PG

he's made the playoffs every year tho besides this one, a year his team is pure ASS

Stop piggy backing off other ? opinions you herb
  • greenwood1921
    Options

CP3
    Blake
    Aldridge
    Love
    Curry
    Harden
    Dwight
    PG

Stop piggy backing off other ? opinions you herb

Don't cry, bruh. There's a place for your posts. I took care of it. Carry on.
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Statically speaking, based off efficiency numbers and overall value to the team-

1. Lebron James - NBA efficiency rating 29.90 which is currently 2nd in the NBA. He also statistically virtually has no weakness that is detrimental.

2. Kevin Durant- NBA efficiency rating of 30.51 which highest in the NBA, but he has a lower assist rate(5% lower) and turns the ball over (.7% more) than Lebron which offsets the difference of NBA efficiency rating between them.

3. CP3- Best PG in the league and has a 26.22 NBA efficiency rating and has an amazing 37% assist rate, he runs offensive sets better than any guard in the NBA.

4. Carmelo- Has a 25.02 NBA efficiency rating and has a higher offensive rebounding % than Lebron and Durant and he turns the ball over less than both of them as well.

*gap from the rest of the NBA statistically*

5. Steph Curry- He barely edged out Kevin Love, James Harden and Anthony Davis statistically. His NBA efficiency rating is 23.31 and one separates him from the above three is that his assist rate is much higher and he is more responsible for dictating his team's offensive flow and pace than the others.

FYI In the next couple of years in my honest opinion John Wall, Paul George and Kyrie Irving's efficiency rating will more than likely make the leap in Top 5 territory based on the fact that they're relatively young and each are in the top 20 in EWA(which is win share, it measures how valuable you are to your teams winning %)
    Anthony Davis has the 5th highest EWA in the NBA, so statistically speaking there are only 4 players in that NBA could make the Pelicans better by themselves than he could.

Dope, detailed post, bruh.

Be careful with advanced stats tho. ? can lead you astray. Nice post tho.

I feel you on that. It's been proven statistics don't always tell the full story. Can't measure heart, intagibles, how you affect team chemistry, teammates not playing winning basketball, bad coaching and if a dude padding his stats in garbage time etc.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Statically speaking, based off efficiency numbers and overall value to the team-

1. Lebron James - NBA efficiency rating 29.90 which is currently 2nd in the NBA. He also statistically virtually has no weakness that is detrimental.

2. Kevin Durant- NBA efficiency rating of 30.51 which highest in the NBA, but he has a lower assist rate(5% lower) and turns the ball over (.7% more) than Lebron which offsets the difference of NBA efficiency rating between them.

3. CP3- Best PG in the league and has a 26.22 NBA efficiency rating and has an amazing 37% assist rate, he runs offensive sets better than any guard in the NBA.

4. Carmelo- Has a 25.02 NBA efficiency rating and has a higher offensive rebounding % than Lebron and Durant and he turns the ball over less than both of them as well.

*gap from the rest of the NBA statistically*

5. Steph Curry- He barely edged out Kevin Love, James Harden and Anthony Davis statistically. His NBA efficiency rating is 23.31 and one separates him from the above three is that his assist rate is much higher and he is more responsible for dictating his team's offensive flow and pace than the others.

FYI In the next couple of years in my honest opinion John Wall, Paul George and Kyrie Irving's efficiency rating will more than likely make the leap in Top 5 territory based on the fact that they're relatively young and each are in the top 20 in EWA(which is win share, it measures how valuable you are to your teams winning %)
    Anthony Davis has the 5th highest EWA in the NBA, so statistically speaking there are only 4 players in that NBA could make the Pelicans better by themselves than he could.

Dope, detailed post, bruh.

Be careful with advanced stats tho. ? can lead you astray. Nice post tho.

I feel you on that. It's been proven statistics don't always tell the full story. Can't measure heart, intagibles, how you affect team chemistry, teammates not playing winning basketball, bad coaching and if a dude padding his stats in garbage time etc.

Exactly. You can't ignore the numbers, but you can't swear to'em all the time either.

Hollinger's stats are dope tho. Most NBA head coaches don't sweat'em tho. But I'm sure every coaching staff got at least one assistant that does.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    So Anthony Davis in his 2nd year in the league, at 20 yrs. old is already a top 7 player? I don't see where this is coming from. His team is garbage, he hasn't proved himself yet and he's not a stand-out player in his position.

LA
    Bosh
    Griffin
    Love
    Dirk
    Duncan
    Zbo
    etc.

... From that list, who is he really better than? Exactly. He's just another one of the guys. Let the young dude earn his stripes before y'all crown him.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    So Anthony Davis in his 2nd year in the league, at 20 yrs. old is already a top 7 player? I don't see where this is coming from. His team is garbage, he hasn't proved himself yet and he's not a stand-out player in his position.

LA
    Bosh
    Griffin
    Love
    Dirk
    Duncan
    Zbo
    etc.

... From that list, who is he really better than? Exactly. He's just another one of the guys. Let the young dude earn his stripes before y'all crown him.

Word. Everything about his game says he'll be a superstar, top 10 player -- someday. But too many players have fallen off or flat-lined after their first couple of years to be crowning him after less than two years.

But I do have a hard time really finding a flaw in his game. Whatever he doesn't do well now -- he has the tools to improve.
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris Paul
    Paul George
    Carmelo
    Blake Griffin
    Steph Curry
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    melo
    Blake Griffin
    Tony Parker
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    alpha Russ
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    melo
    Blake Griffin
    Tony Parker
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    alpha Russ

Damn son..no kevin love? lol
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is Anthony davis not a stand out player averaging 20, 10 nd 3 blocks at age 20? Lls mane some serious reachin goin on in dis thread
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Surprised at George being mentioned in a majority of these lists.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    My list was the best player in each position, since after Durant and Lebron, ain't nobody really doing ? . Everyone is either injured, a team effort or some new dude trying to prove himself.

I put George as one of the best wing players (2/3) because he plays both ends of the floor well and he's the best player on one of the best teams in the league.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dead @ multiple lists with KD and Lebron in 'em.

Reading is hard.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He made the playoffs every year and damn near every year he gets washed and it's not like he hasn't had talent around him. Dude is a ball stopper who really doesn't bring much to the table besides scoring. Is he an elite scorer? sure but as I've stated numerous times before that's only half the game. He's not a leader.. Can't play a lick of defense and doesn't make players around him better. Melo is the most overrated player of this generation.

You copy and pasted this from another thread that I posted in
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Disrespecting the ? out of melo smh FOH with this thread. He went every year in the playoffs against teams that eventually won the title or went to the finals if we basing this list off success Klove should be no where near anyones list cause he has yet to be in the playoffs.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Disrespecting the ? out of melo smh FOH with this thread. He went every year in the playoffs against teams that eventually won the title or went to the finals if we basing this list off success Klove should be no where near anyones list cause he has yet to be in the playoffs.

This. I don't know why or when it became so cool to ? on Melo in this forum.
  • greenwood1921
    Options

This. I don't know why or when it became so cool to ? on Melo in this forum.

The way he handled the Denver/NY trade was ? , but otherwise he's easily an elite player - win or lose.

If a nikka can't see that, he need to go back in the kitchen. *shrug*
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

for real

k love be looking so fatherless in the 4th quarter when he know his shot is off

remind me of myself growing up when the landlord would come banging on the door for the rent and we had to stay quiet so we could trick him into thinking we werent home---thats kevin love in crunch time

you wanna talk about disappearing my man not even getting double teamed most the time (if ever) either which is surprising to see since hes a superstar

how melo is considered overrated but kevin love not when his only worth is on the offensive side of the ball which is pretty much him jacking up 3s/long contested 2s and put backs is something i will never understand
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

You copy and pasted this from another thread that I posted in

No I didn't. That's been my opinion of melo for the last 5 years.

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Melo doesnt get all the glory that Lebron and Durant get via ESPN, but look at the numbers...he's sorta became the 6'8" version of AI in the media eyes, so he sorta gets scrutinized and ignored for his personal accomplishments and deemed 'Selfish' when his teams dont perform as well or go deep into the playoffs.

Lebron
    Melo
    Wade

great draft that year.

Alot of ? just following the media bias. imo.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The trade thing i understand if some people don't like how that went down fine but..that doesn't take away that he hasn't been beasting this season. This team is just so damn inconsistent and melo has been the only one carrying the squad most nights.
    He's having a career year in rebounds and still getting buckets and bringing it every night. The bias is waaay to much for no reason.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The trade thing i understand if some people don't like how that went down fine but..that doesn't take away that he hasn't been beasting this season. This team is just so damn inconsistent and melo has been the only one carrying the squad most nights.
    He's having a career year in rebounds and still getting buckets and bringing it every night. The bias is waaay to much for no reason.

that ? in ny has to do more with management than melo

thats why getting phil on board would be big for ny

who knows if hed do well in that new role but i do know this anyone/thing that takes any power from dolan in regards to the knicks can only be seen as a great thing