That Nintendo, Big N, Ninty, Wii U & 3DS thread (R.I.P. Wii U)

Options

Comments

• Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly if you have a Wii U just stick with it until late August. That Zelda game comes out at the end of March for it. vo60b4oaa1uf.jpg

To use voice chat you have to download their app at an unspecified price. Disgraceful.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thought I was gonna cop on launch day.....looks like I'll be waiting until this time next year. Smh.
  • Paprika
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    That's wack as hell.

Just watched the conference. It was horrible. Almost as bad as the Xbox One reveal.

I saw the YouTube feed when the dude from Suda 51 jumped on stage and ditched the script. Lol the translator was shook. Commenters were like "Switch him out." And "Lets switch to another translator."

By the way their catalogue of GBA, SNES, NES games are so slow to be released I'll be shocked if the current ones are available to The Switch.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ah Nintendo. You were perfect up to now.

50 too expensive. Weak launch line up. No Mario (looks like it could be one of the best man his movement looks amazin') til Christmas. Joy-Cons are too pricey and ? damn at the Pro Controller.

I'm still gonna kop but I'm not so sure on launch any more. Zelda looks fire tho' can't lie ? and I read you can go right to the final boss from the start of the game if you wanted. That's MAD.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Options
    will get because it's Nintendo, but these ? are bullshitting. Only games worth getting the first few months are on the Wii U. High price, charging for online. This is a rush job just like the Wii U. Should have come out in the fall
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Super Mario Odyssey looks ? fire. Like the Mario franchise's Sonic Adventure. At least now I know I could wait a bit to cop.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The worst news for me is how long we have to wait for Odyssey. I just hope the third parties come out soon with some more news or I fear the non-Nintendo fan won't take any notice.
  • Paprika
    Options
    $50 Ayyyyyyyyyy! Hype!

rwbkoaesansm.gif
    kv85wkwvtqck.gif
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    That ? shudda been bundled with the system. I understand there's a lot goin' on in them lil joy con tings but they shudda taken that L as recompense for the Wii U
  • Broddie
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »
    $50 Ayyyyyyyyyy! Hype!

rwbkoaesansm.gif
    kv85wkwvtqck.gif

Casuals are gonna love the ? outta this ? ass game collection.
  • Karl.
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »
    $50 Ayyyyyyyyyy! Hype!

rwbkoaesansm.gif
    kv85wkwvtqck.gif

Hahaha!!

This ? doesn't even seem real!
  • Karl.
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Super Mario Odyssey looks ? fire. Like the Mario franchise's Sonic Adventure. At least now I know I could wait a bit to cop.

I like how it seems like something completely different.

"new" Super Mario Bros. was getting stale.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? shudda been bundled with the system. I understand there's a lot goin' on in them lil joy con tings but they shudda taken that L as recompense for the Wii U

The joy con controllers don't come bundled with the system?
  • Broddie
    Options

The joy con controllers don't come bundled with the system?

He talking about the software.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has any story details been released for the new zelda? Timeline placement or any type of details?
  • Karl.
    Options
    They better have an achievement/trophy system!

If not that's a huge fail.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Been watchin' a few YouTubers talk about it.

Zelda finna be game of the century.

They all say it's an amazin' piece of hardware. I just with it was 50 or that 1,2 Switch came bundled.

Mario at Xmas makes sense since they have Zelda now. Hopefully by then, the Switch has a decent library and a good reputation.

This Joy Cons really are interestin' tho'
  • Paprika
    Options
    The only game that has me excited is Bomberman. The last one I played on the GameCube was amazing. Definitely a party game.

1, 2, Switch is apparently only filled with 10 games. What bothers me about this tech demo being released as a game is it isn't necessary. You don't even need the Switch to play them. The app store currently has better interactive and party games that don't look like this trash.

• jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is the 3ds xl any good and worth it? Got somebody willing to sell it for $80 with Pokemon Sun and Moon. Wanna get back into Mario and Zelda too.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    Is the 3ds xl any good and worth it? Got somebody willing to sell it for $80 with Pokemon Sun and Moon. Wanna get back into Mario and Zelda too.

That's a steal
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was watching a youtuber talking about Nintendo and he brought up a good point: Why is Nintendo charging for online when they barely have games that have online capability? I think Resident Evil Revelations was the only game in 2016 that had online multiplayer. 2015 had Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Pokken Tournament and Minecraft. That's not enough games to warrant an online subscription fee.
  • Karl.
    Options
    I was watching a youtuber talking about Nintendo and he brought up a good point: Why is Nintendo charging for online when they barely have games that have online capability? I think Resident Evil Revelations was the only game in 2016 that had online multiplayer. 2015 had Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Pokken Tournament and Minecraft. That's not enough games to warrant an online subscription fee.

Plus their "games with gold" are old games and they lock you out of them after each month.

Hopefully they have plenty of upcoming games that will give reason to pay for the service. Probably the reason there is a free "trial" period to start off.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nintendo's online been a joke for years...downloaded wiisports/golf demo on the wii u and u could only play it a limited time/30x or some stupid ? like that...only thing Ninty's online is good for is downloading games lol...but than again, I live in the far east where the internet is ? so...
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nintendo's online been a joke for years...downloaded wiisports/golf demo on the wii u and u could only play it a limited time/30x or some stupid ? like that...only thing Ninty's online is good for is downloading games lol...but than again, I live in the far east where the internet is ? so...

Far East where?