Best PF in the NBA?

Options

Comments

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    ? hate to admit a player in decline until they ? wheels literally fall off... Word to Kobe.

Tim Duncan can easily be made a case for best PF of all time but he is not now at this point the best PF in the league.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? hate to admit a player in decline until they ? wheels literally fall off... Word to Kobe.

Tim Duncan can easily be made a case for best PF of all time but he is not now at this point the best PF in the league.

Dawg it's unfathomable how anybody who even watched his series against Miami could come to the conclusion that he's the best TODAY
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Other
    R.D. wrote: »

Dawg it's unfathomable how anybody who even watched his series against Miami could come to the conclusion that he's the best TODAY

He averaged 19 and 12 that series, he scored 24 and grabbed 12 in game 7 while holding Bosh to 0 points, he borderline shut Bosh down that whole series so....what the ? are you talking about?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    Fact: Duncan made NBA first team last year. None of the other PFs in this thread made 1st team with him.

Not to mention, for everyone who watched the playoffs last year, Duncan outplayed Dwight, Gasol, Randolph, and Bosh overall.

So based on all of that and his production this year, it's very plausible to say Duncan is the best PF in the league. He plays both ends of the floor, and he's still doing his thing while these others dudes can't even make the playoffs SMH, or fall way off when the playoffs start (see Blake Griffin).
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Other
    ^^close thread
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fact: Duncan made NBA first team last year. None of the other PFs in this thread made 1st team with him.

Not to mention, for everyone who watched the playoffs last year, Duncan outplayed Dwight, Gasol, Randolph, and Bosh overall.

So based on all of that and his production this year, it's very plausible to say Duncan is the best PF in the league. He plays both ends of the floor, and he's still doing his thing while these others dudes can't even make the playoffs SMH, or fall way off when the playoffs start (see Blake Griffin).

^^^he bodied half of y'all with facts
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    O.G. wrote: »

Good post but just wondering why if you believe everything you just said, you voted for Lamarcus Aldridge?

He said it was "plausible". Doesn't mean he 100% agrees with it
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anthony Davis

Good post but just wondering why if you believe everything you just said, you voted for Lamarcus Aldridge?

He said it was "plausible". Doesn't mean he 100% agrees with it

He actually made a good point about Duncan but I can't understand why he is so high on Aldridge "bcuz he is a winner" when he hasn't really won anything with the Blazers. I like Aldridge btw.

• O.G.
    Options
    Anthony Davis
    Didn't watch but Aldridge did his thing last night. Portland got their own version of "The Big Three", Davis needs reliable help. Gonna be a highly coveted free agent in a couple of years.
  • DaBull
    Options
    @O.G.

he made the point about Aldridge because despite being on the team that has had the absolute worst fortune with injuries the last 5 years (Roy and oden) he will be in the playoffs for the 4th time this year. meanwhile the other guy that is being propped up (Love) hasn't sniffed it at all.

so in that sense Aldridge is a winner cuz the west is a gauntlet yearly and he has made the playoffs more than Blake, Love , and of course Davis since he just got to da league .
  • O.G.
    Options
    Anthony Davis
    DaBull wrote: »
    @O.G.

he made the point about Aldridge because despite being on the team that has had the absolute worst fortune with injuries the last 5 years (Roy and oden) he will be in the playoffs for the 4th time this year. meanwhile the other guy that is being propped up (Love) hasn't sniffed it at all.

so in that sense Aldridge is a winner cuz the west is a gauntlet yearly and he has made the playoffs more than Blake, Love , and of course Davis since he just got to da league .

I feel what yall are sayin. I really do. I just think if you give Love guys like Lilliard & Matthews and not constantly keep changing lineups like Minny has,he would be a winner just like Aldridge. Portland has a good core of players. Minny just can't get right.
  • Inglewood_B
    Options
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    DaBull wrote: »
    @O.G.

I feel what yall are sayin. I really do. I just think if you give Love guys like Lilliard & Matthews and not constantly keep changing lineups like Minny has,he would be a winner just like Aldridge. Portland has a good core of players. Minny just can't get right.

This. Lets not act like Minnesota has this storied history and winning tradition. KGs MVP caliber seasons aside that's a trash franchise
  • DaBull
    Options
    bump!!!!!

shouts to Lamarcus the undisputed best PF in the league. he was the best player on his team in round 1
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    Nice to see that some people actually gave old man Duncan some props. Tim's stats aren't as gaudy as the other players listed because he plays way less minutes. The guys still gets his points, rebounds, assists and blocks like usual and if you compared his PER 36 minutes stats with the other guys listed he is actually hanging with them nicely.

Now you add in his rim protection and low post defense (which is something none of the guys listed still aren't ? with him at) that would put him in the conversation for legitimately still being one of if not the best Power Forward playing today.

• R.D.
    Options
    No it doesn't

No he isn't
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Other
    No it doesn't

No he isn't

You see Pierce's block yesterday? How Granger been doing?
  • R.D.
    Options
    No it doesn't

No he isn't

Blazers in 4

?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Other
    No it doesn't

No he isn't

Blazers in 4

?

Yea put the $200 you have in your bank account on that trust me
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blake Griffin
    Blake>>>
  • R.D.
    Options
    No it doesn't

No he isn't

Blazers in 4

?

Yea put the $200 you have in your bank account on that trust me

I'll raise u the 25 in my other account

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    Been a fan of his art since day one
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Other
    No it doesn't

No he isn't

Blazers in 4

?

3221507-2307282-55860_jj_jameson_laughing_meme_1.jpg
  • R.D.
    Options