Conservative/Faux News Hero Cliven Bundy Wonders If "The ? " were 'Better Off As Slaves'"...

Options

Comments

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dailykos.com/story/2014/04/24/1294396/-How-to-make-Fox-shut-up-about-deadbeat-ranchers-with-armed-militias
    How to make Fox shut up about deadbeat ranchers with armed militias

Before the news broke that Cliven Bundy is a raging racist ? in addition to being a deadbeat rancher backed by an armed militia defending his right to stiff the federal government: 458 mentions of the right's newest hero on Fox News in April, an average of 20 per day.

And since then? Two.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The old ? didn't clean up what he said at all
  • stringer bell
    Options
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McOE6tm3bQc

Rofl @ No more Bundy mentions on Faux...

Wheneva someone hits them with facts, they seem to get discombobulated. Lol
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They goin crazy lately cause of President Obama and they cant do nothin to stop progress. Like back when Jackie Robinson came into baseball those type went crazy. They threatened by anywhere near a level playin field not all whites just that type. But they cant stop time. Tortured life for them. Oh well dude owes over a million thats on him. No nonsense he say can save him. Crackers ? .
  • Copper
    Options
    Yeah fox news is ignoring the ? out of this story...

I don't see how people not see them as clearly a station with a Republican agenda
  • stringer bell
    Options
    talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/harry-reid-cliven-bundy-racist
    Harry Reid Slams Bundy As 'Hateful Racist' And Hypocritical Moocher

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid tore into Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy in the wake of his remarks -- reported by the New York Times and caught on video -- wondering if blacks were "better off as slaves."

"Today, Bundy revealed himself to be a hateful racist," said the Nevada Democrat, who has criticized the rancher in a public spat over land use. "But by denigrating people who work hard and play by the rules while he mooches off public land he also revealed himself to be a hypocrite."

Reid also called on national Republicans to "help show a united front against this kind of hateful, dangerous extremism by publicly condemning Bundy."

Reid's full statement is below:

"I used to live in North Las Vegas and it is home to some of the hardest-working people I have ever met - men and women who embody the American dream by working hard every day to build a better life for themselves and their families. By contrast, Cliven Bundy has spent decades profiting off government land while refusing to pay the same fair use fees as his fellow ranchers. Today, Bundy revealed himself to be a hateful racist. But by denigrating people who work hard and play by the rules while he mooches off public land he also revealed himself to be a hypocrite.

“To advance his extreme, hateful views, Bundy has endangered the lives of innocent women and children. This is not a game. It is the height of irresponsibility for any individual or entity in a position of power or influence to glorify or romanticize such a dangerous individual, and anyone who has done so should come to their senses and immediately condemn Bundy. For their part, national Republican leaders could help show a united front against this kind of hateful, dangerous extremism by publicly condemning Bundy.

“The bottom line is that elected officials and those in positions of power or influence have a responsibility to unite behind the basic principle that we are a country of laws, and that whatever our differences, it is unacceptable for individuals to use violence or the threat of violence to advance their radical views."

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    Mike Huckabee been silent about this I see.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0uvC4la01I

Damn he went all the way in on Hannity/Klannity...
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This really has been a tipping point for me... I can honestly say I would rather chill with the liberal hippy ? bags than the conservative ? rednecks because of this.
  • Copper
    Options
    Ed Schultz wanna fight hannity
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    at this point, i be feeling like any white person that displays racist traits are just ? and petty as ? ....

their hate ain't even real no more....thy have no reason to hate... the ? is just trivial as ? ...

i completely understand the blacks that still hold on to ? ....because it truly is a part of our culture.....some of us have been able to get past it, but many have not...and that's no fault of their own.. there are so many different stories, you truly never know what any black person went through regarding racial relations until you ask them personally.....

so yea...blacks still have a legitimate argument....

but white people who say ? like this gotta be trolling....ain't no way they can have a real hate for black people this day n age...they phoney as ? with it bruh, cuz it don't even come off as realistic....

there's no way he can really feel like that.. dude trolling for a reaction

u really don't understand racism huh?
    it never was "real".... it was always petty and illogical...
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read that dude was already a known racist. All the people he recruited to stand with him were down with Stormfront..
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ed Schultz brought the pain. That said, FOX's modus operandi is to find Gov agencies to attack and they do so vigorously while using fear.

That's well known.

They always find a way to end up supporting racists or bigots...but always after they have spent days and some times weeks supporting them.

That's also quite well known.

It's just another day at the office for Hannity, I heard his TV ratings were struggling and this happened to fall in his lap and so he ran with it...it that's true then how apropos.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thread title is misleading. conservatives like Sean Hannity dont ? with this kinda ignorant ? .
  • riddlerap
    Options
    so when Fox News stops giving a racist TV time and mentioning him, then yall condemn them for that too? interesting.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Sheesh!

Schultz lay down the smack down harder than Jon Stewart!(

Either way Hannity and the rest of Conservatives are is catching much well deserved humiliation over their knee ?
    reaction to rally behind any and everybody who screams they hate the government and Barack Obama's "tyranny" .

The main problem here is Republicans/Conservatives are ? off their own Kool-Aid of denying for long that not so much as a shred of racial resentment exist in their voting base.

Even as they,themselves relentless feed into the fear,paranoia,rage and bigotry of their voting base

• Copper
    Options
    riddlerap wrote: »
    thread title is misleading. conservatives like Sean Hannity dont ? with this kinda ignorant ? .
    He's been on hannity seven times...so he does
    so when Fox News stops giving a racist TV time and mentioning him, then yall condemn them for that too? interesting.

Only thing is they don't...word to ted Nugent
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    kinda like if a black dude is ? some white chick, and a white kid is jealous....

instead of admitting he ain't got no damn game....he gonna try to be on some ? ? ...

or if a white boy get schooled on the court..instead of working and practicing he rather be like "man you know they naturally play basketball better" just gonna write off all the hard work a ? put in on improving his game, cuz they feel inadequate.....

? 's like an easy way out instead of taking full accountability for their own imperfections

This is a good example, my ? . I agree with all of this. But does the fact that the hate grew from a seed of '? ? the ? out of the chick I had my eye on!', make the hate any less real?

it means they hate themselves more than they hate me, and they not being real with themselves at all,

that's why american history x was a boss movie...as soon as vinyard saw that he had more in common with a black man than he thought...he realized all that fake ass hate ? was just a blanket for some ulterior motive

My only point is that you said in your first post that he didn't really hate black people. All I'm saying is that just because it's based on illusions, fallacies and petty ? doesn't make the hate any more or less real.

That's it.

i think it means it's a fake ass hate

Right

But ignorant as it may be that "hate", that fear you're referring to has real world consequences that impacts us all...and that is all that matters

Its that hate that keep whites supporting these politicians who openly make these racist comments, who in turn vote for policies that disproportionately impact blk people

Its fear that caused the deaths of so many of blks like a jordan davis and a trayvon martin...and that fear is part of the reason why their killers weren't convicted of their murder

A persons reason for hating, fearing something doesn't have to be based in logic

And implausible as it may seem, whites are goin to have confront their own prejudices before anything changes...that's why ? is so frustrating
  • s-dot
    s-dot Members Posts: 164 ✭✭
    Options

No, we condemn them for not owning the ? they've spewed since Obama ran for the presidency. They never are accountable for their propaganda. They ignore stories that implicates them/the GOP. Bundy represents all the racism, lies, hatred for the president, and contempt for minorities that Fox feeds to republican voters. He is exactly the result of what their program disseminates .

Now they dont want to cover the story, because they'd have to publicly withdraw support for whatever resistance Bundy is still putting up.

? them.
  • riddlerap
    Options
    no one on here would ever be convinced of anything they dont already believe about Fox, so its whatever
  • Copper
    Options
    Do du thinks whites are fake racist?

Lol
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Do du thinks whites are fake racist?

Lol

i think so. Lol.

There are whites who genuinely hate black people tho. But they have no justifiable reason for it other than tradition and following the crowd....

I hope that's what he means.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0uvC4la01I

Damn he went all the way in on Hannity/Klannity...
    Copper wrote: »
    Ed Schultz wanna fight hannity

Ed would body Sean. Lol
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Cliven Bundy Stands By Pro-Slavery Comments In Rambling Press Conference
    huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/24/cliven-bundy-comments_n_5208399.html
    "Cliven Bundy's a-wondering about these people," said Bundy, referring to himself in the third person. "Now I'm talking about the black community. I'm a-wondering. Are they better off with their young women aborting their children? Are they better off with the young men in prison? Are they better off with the older people on their sidewalks in front of their government-issued homes with a few children? Are they better off, are they happier than they was in the South in front of their homes with their chickens and their gardens and their children around them, and their man having something to do? Are they better off?"
    "And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?" he asked, referring to African-Americans. "They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I've often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn't get no more freedom. They got less freedom."
    "I might not have a very big word base, or vocabulary, I guess. But let me tell you something: When I say slavery, I mean slavery. I understand what slavery's all about, and there's no question in my mind about that I don't know what slavery's about," he insisted. "Slavery's about when you take away choices for people, and where you have forced labor and you transfer people and sell them and all of those kinds of things. Do you think that's what America's all about? Do you think that's what I'm about, America? If it is, you're sure wrong, because I don't believe in any of that type of stuff."

Democrats need to stay on this issue to win some votes. This is a perfect spokesman for the true conservative.