Your biggest mistakes as a gamer?

Options

Comments

• Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    How do you post pics via mobile?

Upload them to a hosting site and copy/paste the link inside the image quotes.

Owned ffvii on ps one got to te second disk which didn't read properly, older cousin said best way to clean a disk is to put it into hot water and then clean it with a soft rag...... Lying ? .

ai props!
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pawning my SNES and a couple of games b/c I was unemployed at that time and needed the money.
  • PurelyDef
    PurelyDef Members Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Options
    I remember my mom selling my SNES...and I pawned my PS3 for like $150 when I had just bought it brand new cause the store wouldnt let me get a damn refund
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude, what the what ?
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Buying the ps4 this early in its life cycle. Infamous is the only game of worth that's come out.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ps4 will deliver.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe in the console but it's bad business to have it sitting there with nothing to play. I'd be screwed if it wasn't for my ps plus membership. That and nesbox.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would have to say not getting into handhelds sooner.....for years I was stubborn and refused......I now have a vita....a 3ds xl.....and yesterday in a mom and pop shop I found a gba sp with the backlit screen and the minish cap
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ninja Gaiden 3

? hand on ps2 (gayest game ever)

Getting on the far cry wagon a bit late

Leaving pro evolution soccer for Fifa.

Buying ps move.Only used it once.

Blowing up Megaton in fallout.

Not using those damn xp and money glitches in Gta online before rockstar patched them.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    K_Fisher wrote: »

Ive never played it, but this is like the most divisive game on PS2. you either love it or hate it. Theres no middle ground.

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't do pokemon
  • TWMorris
    TWMorris Members Posts: 24
    Options
    Playing too much
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    K_Fisher wrote: »
    Ninja Gaiden 3

Getting on the far cry wagon a bit late

Leaving pro evolution soccer for Fifa.

Buying ps move.Only used it once.

Blowing up Megaton in fallout.

Not using those damn xp and money glitches in Gta online before rockstar patched them.

Agree with those two wholeheartedly
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Traded MvC2 for a game shark

Wanted to go buy it at Gamestop like a year later because I missed it and couldn't get that game anywhere. ? was like the holy grail.

I remember I told the clerks how I got rid of it and they were literally flabbergasted.
    I think one of them fainted lol
    I ain't know that game was gonna be like Atlantis and ?
  • Karl.
    Options
    ? . Anybody cop them 50 Cent games?
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

I still have Bulletproof ... lol
  • Karl.
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

I still have Bulletproof ... lol

I've got Blood In The Sand somewhere.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I had the first one. Wasn't too bad. Plus the soundtrack was GOAT
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    - paying $91 on The Bouncer for PS2 at release SMMFH, the only I got out of it was my screen name LOLOL

- selling my PS1 back then SMMFH (I shoulda kept it) even tho I had a PS2 I shoulda at least kept most of the games

- Gamecube, the only game I played on it was Smash Bros. Melee, otherwise it was a waste of money

- Not getting an XBox 360 early on SMMFH, I really underestimated the online component. The PS3 was garbage for the first year and a half it was out, all I did was play my PS2 games and watch DVDs on it (mostly DVDs). Taught me an important lesson to wait until the consoles actually have games out rather than rushing to the store and buying it SMMFH, made the same mistake with the PS2 and paid $1000 for a PS2 getting all the accessories, every game out and DVDs. On 360 I missed out on Halo online, COD, L4D and basically the online gaming element. PS3 had it too but it was very poor (hey it was free SMMFH). That's prolly one of my biggest regrets in gaming.

- paying $70 for KOF12 SMMFH and UFC3 (I could have waited and copped for a quarter of the price)

- buying Amored Core 5 for $70 straight ass, the newer one Verdict Day and the previous ones were really good but that particular game was just GARBAGE. I played it for 2 hours and then returned it for I think WWE 12.

- 3rd party controllers for N64 good ? they were trash SMMFH. I will say tho the 3rd party controllers for PS3 lasted longer than the actual PS3 ones SMMFH. I went thru a dozen PS3 controllers either cuz the triggers kept jamming or it fell down once or twice and got faulty

- not getting a 360 Slim, the RROD was ? annoying and just a cash grab for Microsoft. They knew what they were doing. Part of the reason why 360 sold the way it did was b/c of RROD and ppl going back to by 2 or 3 Xboxes (I knew people who were on there 5th or 6th console SMMFH).

Gotdamn you threw some money away lol
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pre-ordering Rome 2 total war.

Or pre-ordering SWTOR
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not getting into the Fighting Game Tournament scene when I was younger.
  • Karl.
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I lent GTA III to a friend at the height of it. Came round his house one day to find the disc stuck in a dry cola spillage.