Your biggest mistakes as a gamer?

Options

Comments

• IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let a coworker borrow the warriors for ps2 then when I asked for it back he gave me an extra copy of dbz bt instead...I never knew what he did with it smh the game was my favorite at the time too
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    I lent GTA III to a friend at the height of it. Came round his house one day to find the disc stuck in a dry cola spillage.

What's Cola? Pop?
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    I lent GTA III to a friend at the height of it. Came round his house one day to find the disc stuck in a dry cola spillage.

What's Cola? Pop?

Cola. ? Coke, Pepsi. Didn't want to drop a brand and promote them ? .
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

What's Cola? Pop?

What's Pop? Soda?

Buying Battlefield Premium. ? EA and ? DICE.
  • Karl.
    Options
    Buying Battlefield PERIOD!
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh yeah, also letting my hs girlfriend borrow busta groove . Broke up with her and never got back one of the best Ps1 games ever.
  • Karl.
    Options
    Only ever played Bust A Groove on demo disc.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    i lent someone conker's bad fur day in 7th grade

kid moved and i never saw the game again

Same exact ? happened to me when I let a kid in the 5th grade borrow NBA Jam
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still mad I didn't claim all the listed games when EA was giving out settlements.

Preordering Rome 2(even though I got a discount) and Sim City. smh. A year later and they're JUST getting around to giving SimCity a singleplayer mode that you can play offline. Leads to my next one..

Cronic preorderer. Get all hyped watching trailers and end up tossing my money away. Dropped like 250 on Shogun 2 with a chess board(a game I don't play) and statues and a fancy ass box. Only thing that saved me was the guy I wouldve got it from ran out. Last of Us post collectors edition. Just something about art books. Messed around and saw the Dragon Age:I trailer and know they'll probably come up with some fuckery like a artbook/resin morrigan/steelbook/silk map combo that'll I'll have to preorder, then cancel two or three times. Same for whatever they do with Mass Effect.

First time I tried to play a real game on my computer, 15~ years ago. Didn't know anything about a graphics card. Up here reading that little sticker on the side of the computer thinking 'it say graphic something'. Cue me damn near in tears in best buy because they talking about store credit because the box was open.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh yeah, also letting my hs girlfriend borrow busta groove . Broke up with her and never got back one of the best Ps1 games ever.
    GOAT game i still have part 1&2
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Never played part 2. hope those ? drop on PSN someday. I think Japan has them.
  • satyrone
    Options
    Never played part 2. hope those ? drop on PSN someday. I think Japan has them.
    part 2 was cool but it didnt have the really good music the first one had and Gas-o wasnt as dope in part 2 as he was in part one. yea i hope they drop on psn too
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? yall were sleepin on those GC games

I'll admit they eventually got swept by the PS2 and XBOX, but I would be lying if i said a young ? didnt go hard on that supposed "kiddie" system (u know ? used to call it that lol)

heres a young ? GC collection (circa -'01-'09)
    [img][/img]GC_Lot1_zpsef087e5b.jpg

well while im at it

the entire collection (most of it anyway)
    [img][/img]Gaming_Lot1_zpsb6184098.jpg

again that was when i was young, and I sold some of them, it used to b bigger

a ? used to hustle the hell out of gamestop lol

smackdown hctp top 5 wrestling game....ever
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My biggest regret is not keeping my old systems whenever I got a new one. I have all kinds of PS1/PS2 and Genesis games at the crib that I can't play. I have extra sticks and memory cards that I can't even use smh.
  • Karl.
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    My biggest regret is not keeping my old systems whenever I got a new one. I have all kinds of PS1/PS2 and Genesis games at the crib that I can't play. I have extra sticks and memory cards that I can't even use smh.

If you have SNES/Genesis and earlier you need this..

Pic-2.jpg
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DUB wrote: »

I'll admit they eventually got swept by the PS2 and XBOX, but I would be lying if i said a young ? didnt go hard on that supposed "kiddie" system (u know ? used to call it that lol)

well while im at it

Man who u telling

That game was the best wrestling game i ever played

U had all the greats, and the story mode was ? crazy, you could actually branch out and pick different paths, explore and fight backstage, have the option of taunting your opponent or being respectful

they do not make wrestling video games like that any more, ? all went down hill after smackdown vs Raw '06
  • satyrone
    Options
    That retron joint is only $140 i may cop that ?
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

well while im at it

In another lifetime we might have been brothers, most of the games on that list I used to own and was a top player in. Amazing collection and I cosign everything you said fam.

great minds think alike @Sion

you aren't a real gamer if you didnt like at least 5 of the games in that collection

like i said being a kid with some money was the ? , but it was only a one time deal

I know tons of games (PS2 and GC, even N64) I would love to get, which now are cheap as hell and just spend all day in my drawers playing em like a real ? lol

but again the me being an ambition filled ? with the aura of adonis, that won't happen unfortunately

but its nice as hell to reminiscence

• huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    I hate to say this...Game Cube.

Smh. I can't even tell you what games came out on the Game Cube. Hell I don't even remember what games I bought.

i had a camecube 2 and now that i think about it ionno which games i played
    musta been somethin mario related
    satyrone wrote: »

Man you better just emulate that ?
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm tryna prevent a mistake do with that said I have a question....now that both the Xboxone and ps4 are $400 and I mostly just but multiplat games, which 1 should I buy?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    DUB wrote: »

well while im at it

Man who u telling

That game was the best wrestling game i ever played

U had all the greats, and the story mode was ? crazy, you could actually branch out and pick different paths, explore and fight backstage, have the option of taunting your opponent or being respectful

they do not make wrestling video games like that any more, ? all went down hill after smackdown vs Raw '06

Meh the last few have been pretty good tbh. We just got too old to enjoy them youthfully.
  • satyrone
    Options
    huey wrote: »
    CracceR wrote: »
    I hate to say this...Game Cube.

Smh. I can't even tell you what games came out on the Game Cube. Hell I don't even remember what games I bought.

i had a camecube 2 and now that i think about it ionno which games i played
    musta been somethin mario related
    satyrone wrote: »

Man you better just emulate that ?

Nah i have/ had a whole harddrive full of emus im over downloading emulators plus them ? brong viruses im cool of that.
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    Spending money on steam sales. Get goat games for like $3 but bought so many that there's no way I can actually play them all. They got me.

cs