Mark Cuban: "If I see a Black Kid with a Hoody and it's late at night, I'm Crossin the Street..."

Options
S2J
S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
Mark Cuban found himself on the sidelines of controversy last month, when the NBA banned Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling for life over racist comments. Now in a video interview with Inc., Cuban weighs in on what he does to combat the bigotry and racism he comes across as a manager and an owner.

That’s an internal battle as well, he acknowledges: "If I see a black kid in a hoodie and it’s late at night, I’m walking to the other side of the street. And if on that side of the street, there’s a guy that has tattoos all over his face--white guy, bald head, tattoos everywhere--I’m walking back to the other side of the street," he says.

“I know that I’m not perfect,” he adds. “While we all have our prejudices and bigotries, we have to learn that it’s an issue that we have to control, that it’s part of my responsibility as an entrepreneur to try to solve it, not just to kick the problem down the road.”

Read more: http://www.inc.com/maria-aspan/mark-cuban-discusses-bigotry-post-donald-sterling-fiasco.html#ixzz32SdQ4SLM

Thoughts....

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was wondering when this ? was gonna become a thread this morning. Lol.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thnk his flaw here is the reference to "hoody".

It's a position of ok do we a) give him the beneift of the doubt and see where he comin from, and assume he wasnt even thinkin about Trayvon specifically, or

b) That evil cracka know what he doin and is throwin "shade"

Im inclined to chose b.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, does this mean that Mark Cuban is going to be the only owner voting to keep Donald Sterling in the league regardless of his history of racial discrimination against minorities? Cause I don't understand what the ? this Mark Cuban guy is trying to say.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no, not everyone is a bigot. thats a cop out for being a ? .

I'd challenge you to find one person born and raised in America who isn't booted or prejudiced in some way.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think we all are whether we'd like to admit it or not, some more so than others.
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I see a chick in a hoodie im not crossing the street.. or a white teen so it is about race
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I see a chick in a hoodie im not crossing the street.. or a white teen so it is about race

First part= sexism
    Second part= racism if you call it that

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    no, not everyone is a bigot. thats a cop out for being a ? .

I'd challenge you to find one person born and raised in America who isn't booted or prejudiced in some way.

your theory has been falsified... I have whites friends, sir.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Shawn_Michaels
    Shawn_Michaels Members Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    Options
    If I see anybody in a hoodie walking late at night I'm going tf inside.

Why does this have to be about race & not about simple self preservation?

There is no spirit of fear in The Most High. So you shall not fear nothing only except The Most High.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hes right though.

Im not crossing the street (LOL) but im definitely feeling some kind of tension crossing paths with someone in a hoody late at night.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's the point in him publicly saying this tho? As a public figure, a lot of ? is better kept to yourself .
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he's a ? idiot
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He didn't have to say a black kid. just say a kid with hoodie.

This.

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At least he's being honest.
    I See it all the time, Coming from work/ school. ppl clutching purses, locking car doors , treating a ? like a crimminal, and im just a fatigue man heading home , from a long day of being a productive citizen.
    Hes being honest. And i respect it. ? the p.c ? . White folks are tired of feeling guilty about their nature.