Working for someone else your entire life vs Being your own boss.

Options
2»

Comments

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @sion drop your thoughts fam.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    people prop up working for yourself to ? on those who work for someone else waaaay too much. if you got a nice set up working for a company there's nothing wrong with that. if you work for yourself & would never go back to having to do what another person wants that's cool too. you're not a better person because you decided to start your own business. you ain't a "ain't ? ? " if you comfortable with not wanting to venture out like that.
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like talking about this issue but I'll read the whole thread later. I'll jusy say for now, majority of people aren't built to be a boss. They can't even do little ? like a call back, pay money back, they say they'll do something and don't do it are a few examples. Nothing is wrong with working for someone if they are competent and you're making a good living going the job and liking it.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Working is for slaves
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwade206 wrote: »
    AZTG wrote: »
    I didnt read this whole thread but let me speak a little from experience.

Being your own boss is not as easy as it seems and it damn sure isnt rainbows and butterflies like most people think it is. Everyone is always on some "i wanna be my own boss ? "but there is a reason why mad people fail at it.

The reason? Discipline. It takes a lotta discipline to run your own business. Its hard work. Even if you are physically not there your always mentally there. You have to create rules for yourself and follow them.

"Im my own boss so ill take today off why the ? not?" I seen this time and again. Thats why you fail.

Also, you have to be stingy with the money. Thats another reason people fail. Im not talking about profit. Cause peofit is your money. You like to have a good time? You like spending money? Cool. Spend the profit. But people act like all the money the business creates is their money. No ? , thats the businesses money, and the only way to make money in business is by counting up pennys. If your mind state is forget the pennys im going after these dimes, thats why you fail.

Business is a 24 hour 7 days a week strain on your brain. If you dont have that in you stay away. I know a lotta people gonna come in here and talk about their side businesses and how it doesnt take all their time. Thats because its your side business. You dont depend on it to get by.

Every day i think of just finishing my degree and getting a good paying job and live stress free. I wouldnt be making as much money but id be stress free.

Word up, getting a decent job and investing intelligently will lead to retirenment at 50 if done right.

Im sure a person not owning a business will live longer too.

But with all that said, owning your own business also has a lot of upside and beautiful sides to it too. Its just people always think the other side is greener.

So, by your logic, you'll be stress free while having a good paying job.
    You sound ridiculous.

Nah it just went over your head.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    majority of people aren't built to be a boss.

Sion wrote: »
    @sion drop your thoughts fam.

At the same time tho, not everyone is built to run their own company,
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    everybody would love to be they own boss..
    but lets be real.. majority of people eyes are too big for they stomach..
    they can't digest what it is to do that "? " lol

people need to accept who they are tho.. they do that they gonna be happy no matter what..
    everybody can't be a Boss cause then they'll be no workers..
    everybody has a place.. learn it..
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    everyone isnt cut out to be a boss
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LadyZee wrote: »
    I would prefer to work for someone else , eg: a big company than start a small business which may never take off

Didn't you said that you do tats and unlock phones on the side?

Those are businesses and you can do those while employed until you're brave enough to venture out on your own.
  • TruthSerum777
    TruthSerum777 Members Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Options
    Being self-employed takes discipline. It's not 9-5, it's 24/7. You reap all the rewards but you do have a boss, the clients/customers because without them the small business won't last. Vacations anytime is a plus, but then again the business goes on vacation too. It depends on the livelihood you want.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options

people need to accept who they are tho.. they do that they gonna be happy no matter what..

exactly. people make it like you have to have your own business to matter. it's not that serious. find what you like doing & where you feel most comfortable & keep it pushin.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

exactly. people make it like you have to have your own business to matter. it's not that serious. find what you like doing & where you feel most comfortable & keep it pushin.

right.. like u cant be apart of a business "that matters"??
    my mom always told me.. "if u go be a leader.. be a good leader..

and if u want to be a follower to make sure u follow a good lead."

the ? goes hand in hand..
    ? only works if u have both..

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I sell ring tones & make liquidity income from it
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    I sell ring tones & make liquidity income from it

Show us bro

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you are Getting paid for what you love to do, it doesn't really matter if you work for someone or are your own boss

...and if ppl were better with their money, they wouldn't be working they whole lives anyway