Destiny: The Taken King

Options

Comments

• Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody got another code. My brother wants to play. This ? is pretty decent. I'll cop day 1
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    havent even played the devils lair mission yet. how did they shorten it??

I thought it was 3 big gun fights in the alpha, it's missing the part where your Ghost hacks a blocked doorway of laser things and you have to defend the position; pretty sure it was the Strike mission but I could be wrong...
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think i remember that might have been in the room were waves of enimes keep coming. I never finished the striker mission everybody kept dying in the party
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Iron Banner crucible event is up right now for a limited time. Two new stages
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game has lots of potential. Feels like I keep playing the same stages over and over.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's because you are
  • satyrone
    Options
    welp i was wandering by the Forgoten shore where the is enimies with "???"over their heads..i got past them and there are some lvl. 20 Acolytes and ? . nothing else yet....i also found all the golden chest...dont know what kind of reward you get for find all of them is...the last chest i found gave me a new sparrow bike
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How exactly does the game work? It's not competitive MP right, so do you have story missions?
  • satyrone
    Options
    How exactly does the game work? It's not competitive MP right, so do you have story missions?

naw not competive MP but there are your stand MP modes....it is a co-op multiplayer MMO of sorts but you can play solo. and there is a story but since it is still the beta im not to clear on it yet. just think of Borderlands with Halo like enimies. should be a huge game when it comes out. i never cared for bungie or Halo but this has some potential to be good, i hope
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    It has both
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    Playstation gave me two extra codes, one for PS4 and one for PS3, if anybody wants one.
  • achewon87
    Options

It's sort of an MMOxFPS but not as deep or robust as a traditional MMO...

Think of it as a giant co-op campaign, you can still do it by yourself but you will run into other people...

You do have Fireteams which is basically 2 people off your friends list in which you can communicate with and do the campaign missions with, free roam missions or strike missions...

You can do all those by yourself with strike missions being the exception you need other people but the game will match you up if need be...

For MP it is basically a separate mode; you can't fight the other Guardians you run into in the world only in the MP mode which are set MP maps with different types of matches...
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What
    Playstation gave me two extra codes, one for PS4 and one for PS3, if anybody wants one.

Me
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    What

Me

@Bcotton5 Log on your PS3, I'll send it there.
  • achewon87
    Options
    Just got booted...

Down until Wed...
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    @John_Blazini‌

Thank @achewon87‌ because you didn't follow the instructions. Check you Inbox.

I didnt use the code b my ? had one but thanks #DipsetyouDipshit
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »

Think of it as a giant co-op campaign, you can still do it by yourself but you will run into other people...

You do have Fireteams which is basically 2 people off your friends list in which you can communicate with and do the campaign missions with, free roam missions or strike missions...

You can do all those by yourself with strike missions being the exception you need other people but the game will match you up if need be...

For MP it is basically a separate mode; you can't fight the other Guardians you run into in the world only in the MP mode which are set MP maps with different types of matches...

Sounds much better than MP.I need progression with a story and variety compared to competitive MP.
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    the 3 man Fire teams is woat as ? .... this game would have been much better if it was strictly developed for newer consoles.
  • funkdocdamc
    Options

Sounds much better than MP.I need progression with a story and variety compared to competitive MP.

@VulcanRaven You want a beta code to test it out?
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

If you got one I'll take it.

PSN is Nemicon
  • funkdocdamc
    edited July 2014
    Options

PSN is Nemicon

@VulcanRaven The one I have is for PS4. Is that ok or did you need a PS3 code?

EDIT: I just sent it
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    What

Me

@Bcotton5 Log on your PS3, I'll send it there.

Ok im still at work
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

PSN is Nemicon

@VulcanRaven The one I have is for PS4. Is that ok or did you need a PS3 code?

EDIT: I just sent it

Thanks, PS4 is the one.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone got a spare code for the Xbox One?
  • John_Blazini
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    Anyone got a spare code for the Xbox One?

I should have one if they give me three once I register