Destiny: The Taken King

Options

Comments

• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? bomb cant front best game ive ever played, but ive been saying that to myself about so many games this generation. #gamerswon
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Just got that thorne bounty but a ? gotta go in the crucible smh
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »

Perfect timing. The Iron Banner is going on this week it's completely crucible matches of Control. You'll need a void weapon however. If you have the Word Of Crota hand cannon or a void shotgun ? will be a lot easier. A void heavy weapon works but it's way harder to maintain your points with all the dying you'll do between ammo drops.

And even if you don't get the bounty, the Iron Banner has plenty of stuff you may want to buy. Most importantly, two etheric lights to upgrade your gear to max dmg/def.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I dunno what class you picked, but a voidwalker warlock also makes that ? a breeze
  • The Recipe
    Options
    focus wrote: »

I dunno what class you picked, but a voidwalker warlock also makes that ? a breeze

I have all 3 but i got the bounty on my titan, that ? would be easier though, lol
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Just realizes Atheons Epilogue has void and it dropped in VOG today its on and cracking. My first primary with elemental damage, bout to level this hoe up with some bounties.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    I unlocked that thorn, been having some good ass drops the last 2 days word of crota, truth, fang, and bro that Red Death is amazing in pvp.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always wanted the thron hand cannon. Just don't think I can get back into the game though
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Ice breaker just dropped too lol. Havent used thorn enough to really know if its what its craked up to be, cuz I got crotas word so close and its a legendary and I run it with my truth, plus the word does void damage, its going to stay in rotation.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    So they getting rid of light level, ? im not even grinding out to level 34 on my characters
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of info released on the new DLC.

Map of the Dreadnought level: http://i.imgur.com/3dzdJDR.jpg

-Nolan North is the new Dinklebot.

-Year 1 content voicework is redone by Nolan North.

-Level cap is 40, with a traditional level system. No more light.

-ghost shells and class items have perks. New ghost shells basically confirmed.

-a unique system of sacrificing gear to upgrade other pieces of gear (in the same slot, ex: helmets upgrade helmets) and “it enables a player to customize the way they look and the weapons they want to use.” Extends to exotics

-intellect, strength, and discipline now show cool down times instead of percentages. The stat numbers have 3 tiers now instead of a base and max stat.

-choosing to take off the helmet takes it off in the menu as well.

-Eris Quests lead to a new weapon type. Vanguard Quests proceed the story.

-Cryptarch and Gunsmith have new tasks. No specifics mentioned.

-Destiny’s story is now connected between expansions. (sword of crota mission “now flows seamlessly into the dark below storyline”). Vestian outpost opens AFTER meeting the queen for the first time in the vanilla story.

-Old subclasses now have quests tied to them.

-Gunsmith has rep now. Rent prototypes (weapons with an attached bounty) to raise reputation and unlock Armsday purchases. Pay glimmer to order a new legendary weapon and have it arrive weds with random perks.

-Weapon foundry page info is the same as the article.

-VANGUARD AND CRUCIBLE MARKS CONSOLIDATED INTO ONE CURRENCY “LEGENDARY MARKS”

-Plasteel Plating, hardronic essence, armor materials are now turned into armor materials. No class specific armor materials.

-No more faction class items. You now pledge your allegiance to them one at a time to earn rep.

-NEW SYSTEM TO KEEP ALL EMBLEMS AND SHADERS. There is a terminal by the guardian outfitter to pick ANY shader or emblem you’ve acquired. It shows all shaders and emblems you DON’T have and HOW to UNLOCK them.

-You can switch the weapon displayed on your back in the tower with triangle/Y.

-New subclasses unlocked through quests. Part of the quests give you infinite supers to use and learn the new subclass (ex: titan quest gives another super after it runs out to combat the vex. It’s Hammer Time)

-12+ new exotic weapons, 6+ for each class.

-New exotics: AR that shoots lightning, sniper that blinds nearby enemies with a precision shot.

-New exotic Pusle rifle called NO TIME TO EXPLAIN – exotic ver of stranger’s rifle seen in videos? Arc element.

-intrinsic perk (???) on new exotics to define them (St 14 blinding used as example. Applies to old exotic in TTK. Upgradeable exotics confirmed?)

-exotics tied to quests now.

-New exotic heavy FR called “Sleeper Simulant” described as a rail cannon (may it not suck like in halo 4). More info on it coming later this month publicly (not in a paid mag sub).

CRUCIBLE:

-? control variant, like dom from CoD. Hold control zones to score points, kills do not count towards those points. -8 new crucible maps

-Ghost Ship map is a low-grav map in the Reef. Exile is a Hive Prison map on the dreadnought. Memento in the EU dead zone, highly vertical. sector 618, frontier, bannerfall, and crossroads (shown off at E3) also mentioned. Sector 618 is a PS exclusive.

-Crucible quests. -crucible bounties redone. No more salvage bounties when salvage isn’t playable that day. 2 bounties dedicated to featured crucible playlist. Each class has their own crucible bounty every day to encourage playing all 3.

-one iron banner-styled bounty (in terms of difficulty) shows up as well. 3 Trials of Osiris bounties.

-weekly crucible bounties. Complete 5 to obtain a 6th which rewards legendary or exotic weapons.

-SKIILL BASED MATCHMAKING

STORY CONENT:

-first act of TTK is 8 “lengthy” story missions including new stuff like platforming.

-2nd act has end-game story missions, strikes, “guided exploration for hidden secrets,” player triggered public events, exotic weapon quests, and a capstone event aka the raid “King’s Fall.”

-after first act several quests pop up surrounding “The Taken War.” Difficulty amped up. Example in the article says one of the quests takes you into the VoG to learn about Praedyth.

-hidden platforms only appear in some areas when scanned by the Ghost of the North (your ghost) (nicknamed coined by SpeckTech.)

-end game consists of 4 new strikes, and 3 reworked strikes that have Taken.

-strike bosses were made to be bullet sponges because bungie didn’t trust us working together as randoms. Now they take that back and have made NEW strikes to be “raid-light.”

-Darkblade’s name is “Alak-Hul” boss mechanic is said to be blinding. “here’s to hoping you like fighting bosses in utter blackness.” -Echo Chamber strike mechanic ripped off from DattoDoesDestiny. -Fallen Saber strike has a giant shank boss. Cover in the room shifts as you fight. -Shield Brothers strike has [removed awesome spoiler] and for the fight one of the brothers melees you while the other has a mortar cannon.

-TTK strikes have altered enemy placement on subsequent playthroughs to keep things fresh. Enemy species is rotated as well. -several different versions of the narration for strikes. -Dust Palace, Undying Mind, and Cerberus Vae reworked with Taken.

Looks like we've all just been playing a $60 beta when you think about it.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    That ? Xur got that Gally on deck if you got them strange coins.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still play this ? heavy.

• The Recipe
    Options
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Waiting on that dreadnaught raid footage....
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Court Of Oryx (new public events) Footage

https://youtu.be/iLap6BylvGc
  • The Recipe
    Options
    @shizlansky if you on psn drop that username
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Recipe
    Options
    2.0 patch is live
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BOOORRRINNNNNNNNGGGGGG!!! ZZZzzzZZzZZZzZ
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Taken king dropped today its dope the campaign is much improved, short imo but there are at least 15 to 20 additional quest maybe more outside of the campaign. If you ? with destiny its worth the 40 dollar price tag. All the extra Dreadnaut ? is fire so far, if you dont ? with it you a ? ? move along lol. Stcfinest on ps4 I dont care what rank you are if im free ill help carry you through ? .
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hear alot of people r jumping back on destiny. I might give it a try. If is like the launch release imma be ?
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scumbag_Ran is my PSN. I'll be playing this. Kind of ? I have to download a patch that is almost as big as the game itself.
  • The Recipe
    Options

How to level up efficiently

If anybody having trouble with light level hop in them strikes the more consecuitve games you play the better gear you get. Its common for blue ? to drop in there more powerful than your purple ? and you get beacoup engrams.

The key to decrypting them is have all of your highest rated gear on when you decrypt and after everytime you decrypt an engram check it, if its more powerful than what your wearing put it on, and do all of them this way, its takes a little more time but its worth it.

The decrypted item you get is based on you level. I went from 240 light to 270 light after about 5 to 10 level 36 strikes and got to 280 after about 5 or so level 40 strikes and i didnt even decrypt my legendaries from the 40 strikes im moving them over for my other guys to use.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So whats different from the launch? I see like 5 of u ? online playing this ? right now