It's easy to disprove Christianity but can you disprove Islam?

Options

Comments

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    kzzl wrote: »
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Muhammed acknowledges Yeshua as a prophet. He just credits himself as the true way to ? . Yahweh, Jehovah, and Allah are one and the same, as is all these other monotheistic deities running around. Once you take away all the fairy tales that religions consist of (SMH @ these ? basically jackin Egyptian gods for more than 2 millenia) you'll realize they all have the same thesis... one ? , no religion.

Absolutely not you are totally wrong. Muslims are slaves of their ? everything thing about islam is about submission. In islam you are a servant.

Christianity is about choice and freewill, in christianity you are a son.

Both are about submission. Both have rules you must follow. And in some instances, the rules are similar.

You can't prove or disprove the existence of ? . I mean, if you want to be specific with "religion". That's not the goal of science anyway.

If ? can't be disproved, show us. Point at this ? you've been taught about. Touch this ? that is suppose to exist. What people have is a faith, a hope, a crutch, that there deity exist . It cannot and has not been proven.

CHRISTIANITY is not about submission and we only have 2 rules. A christian life is susposed to be based on an individuals expression of these two rules.

on the outside islam seems to be similar to christianty but the theology behind each religion is totally different.

So committing the seven sins, the venial sins, mortal sins, disobeying the 10 commandments, and the rest is not considered rule violations? Last I heard from every preacher I've ever met, these were rules you had to follow.

You must be talking about another kind of faith that involves the same characters.

We only have two rules love ? and love people, The 10 commandments and all those moral laws in the old testament were just ways ? wanted the nation of israel to express the 2 real laws that jesus would later bring. and then you have the laws of the state.

if you break the 10 commandment you break the 2 laws. DO you understand?? The o.t was just away of expressing the 2 laws. it's not really that hard to understand

Those are all rules. To say it's only two is severely misleading.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't read the replies but what TS is saying is true. It's because the source christians use for their religion has been rewritten countless times. Back in the day the powers that be used christianity to manipulate and oppress their subjects. That spawned that whole protestant movement.

Say what you want about Islam but the Quran Karim has never been rewritten. Islam doesn't change with the times to fit people's agenda and cater to their basic desires.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Haven't read the replies but what TS is saying is true. It's because the source christians use for their religion has been rewritten countless times. Back in the day the powers that be used christianity to manipulate and oppress their subjects. That spawned that whole protestant movement.

Say what you want about Islam but the Quran Karim has never been rewritten. Islam doesn't change with the times to fit people's agenda and cater to their basic desires.

This is not true. http://www.studytoanswer.net/myths_ch1.html
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Muhammed acknowledges Yeshua as a prophet. He just credits himself as the true way to ? . Yahweh, Jehovah, and Allah are one and the same, as is all these other monotheistic deities running around. Once you take away all the fairy tales that religions consist of (SMH @ these ? basically jackin Egyptian gods for more than 2 millenia) you'll realize they all have the same thesis... one ? , no religion.

Absolutely not you are totally wrong. Muslims are slaves of their ? everything thing about islam is about submission. In islam you are a servant.

Both are about submission. Both have rules you must follow. And in some instances, the rules are similar.

You can't prove or disprove the existence of ? . I mean, if you want to be specific with "religion". That's not the goal of science anyway.

If ? can't be disproved, show us. Point at this ? you've been taught about. Touch this ? that is suppose to exist. What people have is a faith, a hope, a crutch, that there deity exist . It cannot and has not been proven.

CHRISTIANITY is not about submission and we only have 2 rules. A christian life is susposed to be based on an individuals expression of these two rules.

on the outside islam seems to be similar to christianty but the theology behind each religion is totally different.

So committing the seven sins, the venial sins, mortal sins, disobeying the 10 commandments, and the rest is not considered rule violations? Last I heard from every preacher I've ever met, these were rules you had to follow.

You must be talking about another kind of faith that involves the same characters.

We only have two rules love ? and love people, The 10 commandments and all those moral laws in the old testament were just ways ? wanted the nation of israel to express the 2 real laws that jesus would later bring. and then you have the laws of the state.

if you break the 10 commandment you break the 2 laws. DO you understand?? The o.t was just away of expressing the 2 laws. it's not really that hard to understand

if i tell you to love everyone and then i tell you not to ? anyone, both those statements are equivalent because you cannot love everyone if you murder anyone.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    It's always funny to see these n*ggas going hard for a religion that was used to justify the genocide against their people and forced on their ancestors by their colonizers to keep thhem docile. Real sad sh*t right here, but hey, suite yourself...
  • kzzl
    Options

if i tell you to love everyone and then i tell you not to ? anyone, both those statements are equivalent because you cannot love everyone if you murder anyone.

My point is that when you say "love everyone" there is the levels on how to do it/not do it that goes with that.

Two rules with 20+ things you need to obey not to break them? Strange.

Id just tell someone there are 22 rules. Or two goals and 20 ways to accomplish them.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think the issues of Christianity have been properly addressed in order for it to be disproven. The reason why the "Existence of ? " topic is still lingering around because we allow ourselves to get caught up in our own selfish interests for the answer. There is this sense that if Christianity or Atheism is found to be absolutely true, then the opposing parties have earned the right to poke fun at the losers. It's not just about having the upper hand. It's about stepping back and seeing what the answer means as a whole.
  • zombie
    Options
    It's always funny to see these n*ggas going hard for a religion that was used to justify the genocide against their people and forced on their ancestors by their colonizers to keep thhem docile. Real sad sh*t right here, but hey, suite yourself...

these words are hollow coming from a muslim you people are still enslaving little girls
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    Options

My point is that when you say "love everyone" there is the levels on how to do it/not do it that goes with that.

Id just tell someone there are 22 rules. Or two goals and 20 ways to accomplish them.

All you need to obey is the spirit of the 2 rules, there is no strict code, no incorrect way to show love to all. It's on you as an individual to figure out how to express those two rule. I don't see why you find this so hard to grasp.

Christianity allow it's followers to express love in there own individual way so there can be no code no strict rules. christianity has articles of faith and really that's it. WE CAN BE OURSELVES 100% ON OUR journey with our ? changing as we learn more in our faith life and building a personal relationship with our ? . Jesus defined what love is with his actions so when we weigh our expressions of love against his we know where we are, not needing rules telling us what to eat, how to dress, or what days to celebrate.

Muslims can't do that with their ? because they have to follow the sunnah of muhamad with is basically the path of muhammad. The religions are 100% different
  • kzzl
    Options

All you need to obey is the spirit of the 2 rules, there is no strict code, no incorrect way to show love to all. It's on you as an individual to figure out how to express those two rule. I don't see why you find this so hard to grasp.

Christianity allow it's followers to express love in there own individual way so there can be no code no strict rules. christianity has articles of faith and really that's it. WE CAN BE OURSELVES 100% ON OUR journey with our ? changing as we learn more in our faith life and building a personal relationship with our ? . Jesus defined what love is with his actions so when we weigh our expressions of love against his we know where we are, not needing rules telling us what to eat, how to dress, or what days to celebrate.

Muslims can't do that with their ? because they have to follow the sunnah of muhamad with is basically the path of muhammad. The religions are 100% different

I understand what you saying. Just the first time I've seen interpretation, though.
  • dr funky resurrected
    dr funky resurrected Members Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aaand it gets moved to the social lounge for its funeral and burial... Smh
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    Instead of trying to disprove it why not take the universal principles that it teaches? Why not study the jewels that yeshua taught?

Because those teachings came from people who didn't exist. Therefore the teachings themselves aren't even real
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    Ga_Clay wrote: »
    the question is not how to disprove a religion... but what happens when you pass over and chose the wrong religion?

the possibility of dying and getting denied by obi wan at the gate cause i didn't believe in the force?

now that's ether

LMFAO or Japanese Samurai Jesus is much displeased with your lack of honor and loyalty...
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    Why would you want to?

Because religion has done more to harm and destroy the unity between human beings then almost anything else in world history. It's the reason I break off and disrespect religion any chance I get, with no apologies.

Thankyou
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options
    Do you guys have anger only towards western Asian religions?

Wtf is a western Asian religion?
  • dr funky resurrected
    Options

Exactly, faith is not proof
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For some people, ? was proven thru life experiences, dreams, visions, etc. Religion, media and science are man made concepts that distorted what the Omniversial Creator is. We often depict ? as this power wielding, human smiting, dogmatic totalitarian... forgetting that He/She/It works in ways we will never understand thru man made concepts. The bible itself even says ? has no respect of persons... why would ? even give a ? about religion?

I have gotten closer to the answer of who is ? by asking what I like to call "stupid questions". Why do we have thoughts and dreams if all we're supposed to do is eat, reproduce and survive? Why are our bodies so symmetrical? Why do we have orgasms? Why do our bodies have these unique forms, but our eyeballs are perfect circles, like the sun, moon and planets? Why is there a concept of forever when everything in this universe, even stars, eventually die?Science can find answers to "how", and religion may give you answers based on their own bias, but the truth can only be found thru this concept that is the Omniversial Creator. He/She/It is all around us, within us and consisting of us. ? is nature, thought and existence working to keep creation in tact and in sync. I personally believe that ? is walking among us as some random stranger with amnesia relearning his own reason for existence and enjoying life as it was intended to be.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would you want to?

Because religion has done more to harm and destroy the unity between human beings then almost anything else in world history. It's the reason I break off and disrespect religion any chance I get, with no apologies.

There is no unity between human beings never was nor should there be we are all equal but different, and religion is the foundation for all human civilization.

Religion is the foundation of all human civilization? IDK about that, I'd argue that family is. Religion has mostly just caused division, hatred, and encouraged evil all over the planet historically. Perhaps the exception is Buddhism but the Buddha himself was an atheist, so I don't consider Buddhism a religion personally.

I agree with your thoughts on how horrible Islam is but Christianity historically has encouraged just as much evil, if not more. Remember, Christianity was the foundation of the British and Spaniard empires, that pillaged, ? , and enslaved people all over the world. In fact, Christianity was the foundation of the imperialist empires of the West for centuries. And we all see the good that foundation did, haven't we?

Religion is the basis for many of the early sciences like chemistry, astrology and medicine and is the inspiring force behind the greatest art.

Buddha was an agnostic not an atheist and they can be just as brutal and any other religion as they are slaughtering musims in burma right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5dt8wIsWPU

THE foundation for the british empire and spanish empires was not religion, it was greed AND POWER. If you check history you will see that they only used religion after those empire were already established. In terms of christianity and the european conquest of the world, religion became an excuse not a cause. They would have took the world any way. Islam however conquers primarily based on religious convictions.
    Religion is the foundation to science the same way being told a lie is the foundation to discovering the truth.
  • zombie
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Why would you want to?

There is no unity between human beings never was nor should there be we are all equal but different, and religion is the foundation for all human civilization.

Religion is the foundation of all human civilization? IDK about that, I'd argue that family is. Religion has mostly just caused division, hatred, and encouraged evil all over the planet historically. Perhaps the exception is Buddhism but the Buddha himself was an atheist, so I don't consider Buddhism a religion personally.

I agree with your thoughts on how horrible Islam is but Christianity historically has encouraged just as much evil, if not more. Remember, Christianity was the foundation of the British and Spaniard empires, that pillaged, ? , and enslaved people all over the world. In fact, Christianity was the foundation of the imperialist empires of the West for centuries. And we all see the good that foundation did, haven't we?

Religion is the basis for many of the early sciences like chemistry, astrology and medicine and is the inspiring force behind the greatest art.

Buddha was an agnostic not an atheist and they can be just as brutal and any other religion as they are slaughtering musims in burma right now

THE foundation for the british empire and spanish empires was not religion, it was greed AND POWER. If you check history you will see that they only used religion after those empire were already established. In terms of christianity and the european conquest of the world, religion became an excuse not a cause. They would have took the world any way. Islam however conquers primarily based on religious convictions.
    Religion is the foundation to science the same way being told a lie is the foundation to discovering the truth.

that's total ? and a false equivalency in the ancient world the engineers, chemist and astrologers saw what they did through a religious lens these fields and religion were tied into each other.
  • kzzl
    Options

For some people, ? was proven thru life experiences, dreams, visions, etc. Religion, media and science are man made concepts that distorted what the Omniversial Creator is. We often depict ? as this power wielding, human smiting, dogmatic totalitarian... forgetting that He/She/It works in ways we will never understand thru man made concepts. The bible itself even says ? has no respect of persons... why would ? even give a ? about religion?

I have gotten closer to the answer of who is ? by asking what I like to call "stupid questions". Why do we have thoughts and dreams if all we're supposed to do is eat, reproduce and survive? Why are our bodies so symmetrical? Why do we have orgasms? Why do our bodies have these unique forms, but our eyeballs are perfect circles, like the sun, moon and planets? Why is there a concept of forever when everything in this universe, even stars, eventually die?Science can find answers to "how", and religion may give you answers based on their own bias, but the truth can only be found thru this concept that is the Omniversial Creator. He/She/It is all around us, within us and consisting of us. ? is nature, thought and existence working to keep creation in tact and in sync. I personally believe that ? is walking among us as some random stranger with amnesia relearning his own reason for existence and enjoying life as it was intended to be.

Another stupid question you could ask is why do you want to believe that?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why would you want to?

Good points on both Islam's spread and Christianity's spread through the Western empires. We agree on Islam so I'll make this more about Buddhism and Christianity.

The main religion of both Britain and Spain during the time it spread its evil around the world was Christianity. I agree that Western empires would have been corrupt and committed atrocities anyway but spreading Christianity was definitely a driving force for many of the political figures of that time. Queen Isabella of Spain and her husband King Ferdinand said spreading Christianity was one reason to claim so many lands for Spain, and King Leopold of Belgium said similar things. Christopher Columbus used the Bible to justify his mass murders of Native Americans because they often rejected the Bible and he saw them as savages worthy to be enslaved. Columbus was very aware the Bible supported slavery and death for those who didn't believe in one ? , and he even had priests back him up on this when some of his soldiers were disturbed by the behavior against the natives. I can bring up links if you want.

As far as Buddhism, as I said, I don't consider it a religion but since you consider it one, I'll play along. Buddhists throughout history have been by far much more peaceful then the savages who have come out of Christianity and Islam. It's one reason why Buddhism is rarely attacked by those who hate religion, as I do.

Saying that religion was used as a tool of conquest is not new and i agree, however was it the cause for the conquest i don't believe so. Columbus did not set sail to convert anyone he set sail looking for profit, religion was an after thought.

The great and sad thing about all religions is that they bring a seriousness and sense of destiny to their believers that cannot be replaced.

As for buddhism the reason for it not being used the was other religions were is because asian socities tend to be much more insular. before christianity europeans were warlike, when they got the religion they continued being themselves for the most part they just became less brazen than their pagan ancestors

japan,china and some of the south asian nations all have a warlike history we just don't know about it in the west. The people who practice abrahamic religions have just been more successful at war.

They make thousands of movies on individual battles lmao. Their history is quite ? .
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you guys have anger only towards western Asian religions?

Wtf is a western Asian religion?

The middle east. It's actually western Asia and it's any Hebrew and Arab, Persian, sumerian, Canaan, etc and etc.

Please, research religion and areas before you fire off.
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aaand it gets moved to the social lounge for its funeral and burial... Smh

You back around, too?

• Muhannad
    Options
    I wanna know how do these self proclaimed black radicals on here feel about that so called Hamitic curse? Europeans justified slavery through the so called Hamitic curse. In their rewritten version of the bible it says that Ham, the so called forefather of Africans, was ? and laughed at his father. As punishment his people would be enslaved.

How do these 'black' christians feel about this? I want a clear answer. No personal attacks, no deflections, no pointing at other religions or confusing nationalism with a pure religion and let's keep this factual and leave emotions out of this. We're men. Let's have a mature conversation...
  • zombie
    Options
    I wanna know how do these self proclaimed black radicals on here feel about that so called Hamitic curse? Europeans justified slavery through the so called Hamitic curse. In their rewritten version of the bible it says that Ham, the so called forefather of Africans, was ? and laughed at his father. As punishment his people would be enslaved.

How do these 'black' christians feel about this? I want a clear answer. No personal attacks, no deflections, no pointing at other religions or confusing nationalism with a pure religion and let's keep this factual and leave emotions out of this. We're men. Let's have a mature conversation...

pure and simple the so called hamitic curse is ? and is a twisting of what the bible says about that incident.
    what people teach and what the bible actually says are two different things the curse is on canaan in the first place and prophets don't have the power to curse whole nations of people from generation to everlasting generation.