It's easy to disprove Christianity but can you disprove Islam?

Options

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    ATL_DRO wrote: »
    WELL IF YOUR ARGUMENT IS "VISUALLY PROVE TO ME THAT ? IS REAL" AND I CANT MAKE ? APPEAR, YEAH CHRISTIANITY WOULD BE EASY TO DISPROVE... BUT IF UR NOT OPEN TO RECIEVE HIM OR HIS WORD... THEN YEAH, THAT WOULD GO FOR ANYTHING YOU DONT WANT TO BELIEVE

Without proof, it's not worth taking seriously. In the Youtube era and Twitter era, for any ? to be missing in action during this time speaks volumes, the biggest thots and ? tend to be Christian lol. So of course, Christianity will continue to lose its influence worldwide. And Islam is considered a joke by most here. Had a threesome with a Christian chick and her friend the other day, met them off a certain website I won't promote here. But let's just say when I see a ? mention she's Christian, I see easy prey. Christians don't take their own religion seriously, so there's no reason why anyone else should either.

what made you think she does not take her religion seriously?? just because she ? you

She doesn't take her religion seriously because she has tattoos, has 3somes with women, and eats shrimp. All these things are worthy of the death penalty according to the Bible. She also works on Sundays and Saturdays, so according to the Bible, she should be given the death penalty. So um, yeah, she doesn't take her religion seriously lol

you went to catholic school for 10 years right???? no wonder you don't know a ? thing about the religion you religiously bash daily on this forum. None I repeat none of those things are deserving of capital punishment. Those laws were an acceptable expression of love for ? and man that has been expired since the coming of Christ. The law remains the human expression commanded by ? has changed.

If you are going to hate the religion then at least be educated in it you continually speak things you know nothing of.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I personally believe in a higher power. Reason being, is because why would we be here in the first place if there is no afterlife? I'm not religious and hardly go to church, but I do believe in an afterlife. Some parts of religion can be disproven just like Science can.

Why can't people believe there is no purpose?

Good point. As someone who does believe in some form of a higher power, I'm willing to admit there could be no purpose to being alive. Maybe we're here for sheer entertainment? In the end, does all this mean anything? Partying hard on a weekend, raising kids, working, what's the purpose at the end of the day?

Legit point, one I won't argue against. In all likelihood, it seems there isn't any serious point in being alive. I would say the point of being alive is to make yourself and your family happy, but there are so many miserable people on Earth due to wars, disease, and Earth just being a ? up place in general. I still believe there's something out there because we seem designed and the Earth seems designed. It's a ? up design though, and it's possible ? or the gods died a long time ago, and we're just here on our own. We create our own purpose to life, not some fantasy book written by people thousands of years ago. It's also why I'm very sympathetic to atheists, because ? has yet to show up to us on a grand scale.

Our purpose is to be. We can't NOT exist. Not because it's immoral, but because it's impossible. We are hard at work on our respective missions, whether we acknowledge it or not. Wherever a single person goes after death is up for debate. But life continues in its own cycle, and we just have to exist within it, at least in this dimension. Good and bad are man made concepts anyway, there is no such thing. We create our own existences, purposes and realities by letting these concepts dictate how to act and perceive. This system blocks our true potential, and those on earth at war are really at war with their true selves fighting against what the system told them to be. Every single one of us are born with into this war, and looking past what we're told reality is is the only way to understand OUR truth.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    I personally believe in a higher power. Reason being, is because why would we be here in the first place if there is no afterlife? I'm not religious and hardly go to church, but I do believe in an afterlife. Some parts of religion can be disproven just like Science can.

Why can't people believe there is no purpose?

Good point. As someone who does believe in some form of a higher power, I'm willing to admit there could be no purpose to being alive. Maybe we're here for sheer entertainment? In the end, does all this mean anything? Partying hard on a weekend, raising kids, working, what's the purpose at the end of the day?

Legit point, one I won't argue against. In all likelihood, it seems there isn't any serious point in being alive. I would say the point of being alive is to make yourself and your family happy, but there are so many miserable people on Earth due to wars, disease, and Earth just being a ? up place in general. I still believe there's something out there because we seem designed and the Earth seems designed. It's a ? up design though, and it's possible ? or the gods died a long time ago, and we're just here on our own. We create our own purpose to life, not some fantasy book written by people thousands of years ago. It's also why I'm very sympathetic to atheists, because ? has yet to show up to us on a grand scale.

Our purpose is to be. We can't NOT exist. Not because it's immoral, but because it's impossible. We are hard at work on our respective missions, whether we acknowledge it or not. Wherever a single person goes after death is up for debate. But life continues in its own cycle, and we just have to exist within it, at least in this dimension. Good and bad are man made concepts anyway, there is no such thing. We create our own existences, purposes and realities by letting these concepts dictate how to act and perceive. This system blocks our true potential, and those on earth at war are really at war with their true selves fighting against what the system told them to be. Every single one of us are born with into this war, and looking past what we're told reality is is the only way to understand OUR truth.

I agree for the most part, co-sign...there sees to be a cycle to life, and I do believe in some kind of life after death. Like 2pac said, I hope reincarnation isn't real though, if I do come back to life in a form, I hope it's on a better planet then Earth, on a higher plane.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    WELL IF YOUR ARGUMENT IS "VISUALLY PROVE TO ME THAT ? IS REAL" AND I CANT MAKE ? APPEAR, YEAH CHRISTIANITY WOULD BE EASY TO DISPROVE... BUT IF UR NOT OPEN TO RECIEVE HIM OR HIS WORD... THEN YEAH, THAT WOULD GO FOR ANYTHING YOU DONT WANT TO BELIEVE

Without proof, it's not worth taking seriously. In the Youtube era and Twitter era, for any ? to be missing in action during this time speaks volumes, the biggest thots and ? tend to be Christian lol. So of course, Christianity will continue to lose its influence worldwide. And Islam is considered a joke by most here. Had a threesome with a Christian chick and her friend the other day, met them off a certain website I won't promote here. But let's just say when I see a ? mention she's Christian, I see easy prey. Christians don't take their own religion seriously, so there's no reason why anyone else should either.

what made you think she does not take her religion seriously?? just because she ? you

She doesn't take her religion seriously because she has tattoos, has 3somes with women, and eats shrimp. All these things are worthy of the death penalty according to the Bible. She also works on Sundays and Saturdays, so according to the Bible, she should be given the death penalty. So um, yeah, she doesn't take her religion seriously lol

you went to catholic school for 10 years right???? no wonder you don't know a ? thing about the religion you religiously bash daily on this forum. None I repeat none of those things are deserving of capital punishment. Those laws were an acceptable expression of love for ? and man that has been expired since the coming of Christ. The law remains the human expression commanded by ? has changed.

If you are going to hate the religion then at least be educated in it you continually speak things you know nothing of.

Well you obviously believe Jesus is the son of ? and that's great. Many don't believe Jesus is the savior though, so keep that in mind when I say what I say. And it's confusing that you tarnish the Old Testament when Jesus HIMSELF said he came NOT to disrespect the old laws or change them, but to FUFILL THEM. He said himself that NO ONE can enter the kingdom of heaven WITHOUT obeying the rules and laws of the old prophets. Know I'm talkin bout?
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

Guess who said these things......hint, he called himself the son of ? . For anyone who says the Old Testament doesn't matter, read the Bible again.
  • zombie
    Options
    It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

Guess who said these things......hint, he called himself the son of ? . For anyone who says the Old Testament doesn't matter, read the Bible again.

words taken out of context that you know nothing of you.

Matthew 22:36-40King James Version (KJV)

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
    37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy ? with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.38 This is the first and great commandment.39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

• zombie
    Options

Well you obviously believe Jesus is the son of ? and that's great. Many don't believe Jesus is the savior though, so keep that in mind when I say what I say. And it's confusing that you tarnish the Old Testament when Jesus HIMSELF said he came NOT to disrespect the old laws or change them, but to FUFILL THEM. He said himself that NO ONE can enter the kingdom of heaven WITHOUT obeying the rules and laws of the old prophets. Know I'm talkin bout?

Dog talking to you about religion is like talking to a 5 year old about quantum physics I don't care about you critiquing the religion but make it an intelligent one. WHEN DID I TARNISH the old law? I said it's in effect but expressed differently today? if you did not understand what I wrote then ask me instead of going on with the ignorance
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy ? with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.38 This is the first and great commandment.39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Those verses don't change anything. Sure, Jesus said to love one's neighbors as one loves himself but the reality is that he STILL said the old rules and laws ought to STILL be followed. When I went to Catholic school, the priests made it very clear that Jesus still supported the old, horrible rules of the Old Testament. I've spoken to other religious figures on the subject, such as pastors from Pentecostal churches and they've said the same. You're in denial. The Bible includes the Old Testament for a reason......it's hilarious how you Christians constantly find ways to ignore the Old Testament and ignore what Jesus said about it.....

Jesus made it very clear he did NOT come to destroy the old rules and laws of the old, senile prophets. Read those Bible verses I brought up again. You obviously are not comprehending that Jesus himself said the Old Testament was still to be followed. He said himself MULTIPLE TIMES that he DID NOT COME TO DESTROY THE OLD LAWS OR THE PROPHETS, I don't know what else to tell ya. So yes, I can still say what a horrible ? the Bible ? is. Unless you can give me proof Jesus DID NOT say what he said LOOL come on man give me a challenge. Your argue like a 5 year old ignoring what your own savior said. It's no wonder Christianity has been disproven, as the thread title rightly states. YOU CHRISTIANS DON'T EVEN LIKE THE RULES OF YOUR OWN ? , no wonder so many Christians get tats and go to Red Lobster on Sundays.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    And if Jesus did indeed wipe away the Old Testament, how come he lied before and said he came not to destroy them? Jesus lied to keep his popularity? If so he's a shady ? , and even more reason to not take Christianity seriously
  • zombie
    Options

Those verses don't change anything. Sure, Jesus said to love one's neighbors as one loves himself but the reality is that he STILL said the old rules and laws ought to STILL be followed. When I went to Catholic school, the priests made it very clear that Jesus still supported the old, horrible rules of the Old Testament. I've spoken to other religious figures on the subject, such as pastors from Pentecostal churches and they've said the same. You're in denial. The Bible includes the Old Testament for a reason......it's hilarious how you Christians constantly find ways to ignore the Old Testament and ignore what Jesus said about it.....

Jesus made it very clear he did NOT come to destroy the old rules and laws of the old, senile prophets. Read those Bible verses I brought up again. You obviously are not comprehending that Jesus himself said the Old Testament was still to be followed. He said himself MULTIPLE TIMES that he DID NOT COME TO DESTROY THE OLD LAWS OR THE PROPHETS, I don't know what else to tell ya. So yes, I can still say what a horrible ? the Bible ? is. Unless you can give me proof Jesus DID NOT say what he said LOOL come on man give me a challenge. Your argue like a 5 year old ignoring what your own savior said. It's no wonder Christianity has been disproven, as the thread title rightly states. YOU CHRISTIANS DON'T EVEN LIKE THE RULES OF YOUR OWN ?

Jesus made it very clear he did NOT come to destroy the old rules and laws of the old, senile prophets. Read those Bible verses I brought up again. You obviously are not comprehending that Jesus himself said the Old Testament was still to be followed. He said himself MULTIPLE TIMES that he DID NOT COME TO DESTROY THE OLD LAWS OR THE PROPHETS, I don't know what else to tell ya. So yes, I can still say what a horrible ? the Bible ? is. Unless you can give me proof Jesus DID NOT say what he said LOOL come on man give me a challenge. Your argue like a 5 year old ignoring what your own savior said. It's no wonder Christianity has been disproven, as the thread title rightly states. YOU CHRISTIANS DON'T EVEN LIKE THE RULES OF YOUR OWN ?

Dog you went to catholic school you might want to throw away half of their perspectives before you continue this debate with me. Also in that verse that i quoted jesus did not just say to love your neighbor and ? he said that ALL THE LAW Hang on LOVING ? AND YOUR NEIGHBORS.And stop being intellectually dishonest I AM not discounting the the OLd testament, I am not saying jesus ended the old law i am saying that he fillfulled it.

ful·fill
    verb \fu̇(l)-ˈfil also fə(l)-\

: to do what is required by (something, such as a promise or a contract)

: to succeed in doing or providing (something)

: to succeed in achieving (something) : to make (something, such as a dream) true or real

The law was a promise of things to come

you are being willfuly being ignorant and mis-representing what i am saying. THOSE SAME pentecostal pastors ask them if they keep the dietary laws, slaughter goats for forgiveness and keep tassels on their clothes. if the answer is no then they don't keep those old laws, which that means you did not understand what they told you the the first place. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE ? YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.
  • zombie
    Options
    The reasons why atheist misrepresent old law and it's connection to the new covenant is because first of all they don't understand the concepts of either and second of all they can more easily label the old law evil because it's much hasher.
    And if Jesus did indeed wipe away the Old Testament, how come he lied before and said he came not to destroy them? Jesus lied to keep his popularity? If so he's a shady ? , and even more reason to not take Christianity seriously

This is the dumbest ? you have said in this whole thread, Just come out and say you don't understand the religion but hate it anyway.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options

Dog you went to catholic school you might want to throw away half of their perspectives before you continue this debate with me. Also in that verse that i quoted jesus did not just say to love your neighbor and ? he said that ALL THE LAW Hang on LOVING ? AND YOUR NEIGHBORS.And stop being intellectually dishonest I AM not discounting the the OLd testament, I am not saying jesus ended the old law i am saying that he fillfulled it.

ful·fill
    verb \fu̇(l)-ˈfil also fə(l)-\

: to do what is required by (something, such as a promise or a contract)

: to succeed in doing or providing (something)

: to succeed in achieving (something) : to make (something, such as a dream) true or real

The law was a promise of things to come

you are being willfuly being ignorant and mis-representing what i am saying. THOSE SAME pentecostal pastors ask them if they keep the dietary laws, slaughter goats for forgiveness and keep tassels on their clothes. if the answer is no then they don't keep those old laws, which that means you did not understand what they told you the the first place. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE ? YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Your posts are getting funnier and funnier by the minute. Jesus said he came NOT to destroy the old laws and yet you keep saying he fulfilled them.....HUH??!!!!! Do you understand how contradictory that sounds?

Jesus made clear his profound respect for the old laws and I'll say it again, DID NOT COME TO DESTROY THE OLD LAWS. Christians still follow the 10 Commandments right? You admit you're not discounting the Old Testament, so why are you so afraid to admit Jesus co-signed the comical laws of the Old Testament? I've been to Bible class, religion class and all that, and passed it with straight As. Be in denial if you wish, but the bottom line is your savior HIMSELF said he came NOT TO DESTROY THE OLD LAWS so therefore the old laws still stand. The words are there in black and white, and that will forever tarnish the reputation of Christianity to the secular.

If Jesus said DIRECTLY that he did come to destroy the old laws and REPLACE THEM with better ones because ? had a change of heart, then I would take your position seriously. But Jesus never said he wanted to destroy the old laws or replace them. So the comical, evil rules of the Old Testament, including the support of slavery and death penalty for eating shrimp, still stand according to Jesus himself SMH
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) <--New Testament

--Has Earth passed away yet? Then NOT AN IOTA OR DOT of the old laws shall be RELAXED. And whoever TEACHES THOSE LAWS shall be called GREAT in the kingdom of heaven. So yes, the Bible ? still co-signs evil and the death penalty for eating shrimps.

My work here is done.
  • zombie
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @kingblaze84

Did you read the bible verse you quoted???

he said he came to fulfill the law.

you have a reading issue. yes jesus respected the old laws I never said otherwise, I never said he came to replace them so what the ? are you talking about. This is why I said you are being intellectually dishonest and a lair. by the way I don't have a problem with the old laws. You went to catholic school they must have ? with your mind and your ? because your hatred of religion seems to be clouding your ability to read. Quote where in this thread I said Christ came to destroy the old laws??? if you can't do that then shut the ? up be a MAN and admit you were wrong.

I have always maintained that the law remains only the expression of said law has changed.
  • zombie
    Options
    @kingblaze84 you lost the argument using your own chosen quote I have proved your misrepresentation of what I said to be a lie.

when something is fulfilled that does not mean it was destroyed or replaced and I never said that the old law was destroyed.
  • zombie
    Options
    For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) <--New Testament

--Has Earth passed away yet? Then NOT AN IOTA OR DOT of the old laws shall be RELAXED. And whoever TEACHES THOSE LAWS shall be called GREAT in the kingdom of heaven. So yes, the Bible ? still co-signs evil and the death penalty for eating shrimps.

My work here is done.

The only work you have done here is lie and like liars often do you take things out of context from everything else that is written.
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You obviously have never been religious by your post....let me help you out...I go to church because I believe in ? and listening to the preacher helps me to become a better Christian. Nobody on this earth is perfect, we all sin..yes even Christians sin. That's why Jesus died on the cross so the people who believe in ? can have their sins forgiven. Tattoos, threesome or any sin is not worthy of the death penalty in no ones bible...where you read that at?

I love how people who never attended church, got baptized, or don't believe in ? know so much about religion...I'll pray for you
  • zombie
    Options
    @kingblaze84 why don't you post the whole passage of Mathew 5:17-20 you liar.

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

In verse 17 he said he came to fulfill not destroy, in 18-19 he expounds on that and details what the reaction to teaching otherwise will be. In 20 he tell you that no one can be in his kingdom by following the law of moses alone and he uses the examples of the Pharisees as people whose level of righteousness is based only on the law and they are denied heaven. AS FOR THE REST OF MATT 5 HE GOES on deconstructing the old law and putting it in it's proper perspective but not contradicting it.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    LOL HAHAHAHA......

Ok if you say so. Until Jesus himself comes back down to Earth and says all this via Twitter or Youtube, I'll continue my path, and you can continue yours.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

You obviously have never been religious by your post....let me help you out...I go to church because I believe in ? and listening to the preacher helps me to become a better Christian. Nobody on this earth is perfect, we all sin..yes even Christians sin. That's why Jesus died on the cross so the people who believe in ? can have their sins forgiven. Tattoos, threesome or any sin is not worthy of the death penalty in no ones bible...where you read that at?

I love how people who never attended church, got baptized, or don't believe in ? know so much about religion...I'll pray for you

Huh? I do believe in a higher power and I was baptized and attended church in the past.....I just don't believe in organized religion due to lack of proof.

As far as the rest of your post, I already have brought up the quotes in the Bible that support the death penalty for tats, eating shrimp and the rest. If going to church makes you a better person, good for you. But research the Bible, tattoos and shrimp and see for yourself what the good book says on those subjects.
  • zombie
    Options

Huh? I do believe in a higher power and I was baptized and attended church in the past.....I just don't believe in organized religion due to lack of proof.

As far as the rest of your post, I already have brought up the quotes in the Bible that support the death penalty for tats, eating shrimp and the rest. If going to church makes you a better person, good for you. But research the Bible, tattoos and shrimp and see for yourself what the good book says on those subjects.

? shut the ? up you have been refuted and don't have the character to admit it.
  • zombie
    Options
    LOL HAHAHAHA......

Ok if you say so. Until Jesus himself comes back down to Earth and says all this via Twitter or Youtube, I'll continue my path, and you can continue yours.

If you are going to be lying about my path i will confront you about it in anyway i can. You bold faced lied in this thread AND CLEARLY you don't know ? about the teachings of the religion you are bashing.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Where in scripture it states those laws been expired
  • zombie
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

Where in scripture it states those laws been expired

Read the end of what i wrote, WHILE YOU ARE AT IT read matt 5 and put it into context with what i wrote
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You know why he list those two because if you can follow those 2 You will not break the other 8.

The Messiah followed all the Commandments, statues and ordinance of the Torah, and he said those laws stand, get that European Hellenistic Christian doctrine out of here