The Official 2014/2015 Football/Soccer Thread

Options

Comments

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man City just can't keep their hands off Arsenal players.

What you talking about?
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man City just can't keep their hands off Arsenal players.

Why the surprise? That's what Clubs do with their farm teams.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Suarez deal nearly done, for only £60somthing mil???
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WTF Di Marria to United for £40mil???

I won't believe it till I see pics of him holding the shirt..although for that money id have thrown a fat wage agreement and agent fee on top for Sanchez.

• K_Fisher
    Options
    Anyone remember this guy looooool

http://youtu.be/k9vVV8Q9CXc
  • K_Fisher
    Options
    2m2fkp5.jpg

I Know this particular story is Bs but please oh please Woodward make it happen.However much he and his greasy agent want just throw it at them. The best box to box midfielder in the world.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Colombia left-back Pablo Armero is keen to secure a move to the Premier League, with sources telling ESPN FC that Southampton and Arsenal are among his potential suitors.
    Armero, 27, played on loan at West Ham in the second half of last season, though he only featured in five Premier League games for Sam Allardyce's side.

However the full-back, who has impressed in his nation's run to the World Cup quarter-finals in Brazil and scored in Colombia's 3-0 win against Greece in their opening game, wants to return to the English top flight.

A source close to the player told ESPN FC that Armero is "desperate to get back to the Premier League on a permanent basis," with managers Ronald Koeman and Arsene Wenger believed to be interested in him.

Armero is currently registered at Udinese, who bought him outright last month after previously co-owning him with Napoli, where he played in the first half of 2013-14 before falling out of favour with Rafa Benitez.
    The left-back's international team-mate Alexander Mejia would also favour a move to England, with the Atletico Nacional midfielder ready to leave his homeland for the first time in his career.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/321533.html
    Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has suggested he is considering his future amid interest from Paris Saint-Germain and Monaco.

The France captain expects to stay at Spurs for the start of the new season but is a summer target for the big-spending Ligue 1 clubs, who have both approached the Londoners over a deal and can offer the star Champions League football.

Tottenham sources insist Lloris will not be sold this summer and the club hope to convince the 27-year-old to sign a new four-year contract, with three years remaining on his current deal.

But Lloris hinted that he will now think about his ‘situation’ and could reveal more about his future in the coming weeks after France lost their World Cup quarter-final against Germany at the Maracana on Friday.

“I don’t want to speak about my situation now. I think I will speak soon about that and we will deal with it,” Lloris said.

“I need a few days to recover and after that to relax, have a good rest and come back for next season.”

Asked whether he thinks he will start the season at Tottenham, Lloris replied: “Yes, I should be.”

French champions PSG have targeted Lloris to bolster their squad as they target winning the Champions League, while Monaco are looking for a new first-choice goalkeeper after confirming they will not sign Victor Valdes because of his knee injury.

Both clubs have qualified for the group stage of next season’s Champions League and can also offer Lloris a significant increase on his €88,000 [£70,000]-a-week salary thanks to their wealthy owners.

Lloris played 45 matches for Spurs last term in a disappointing campaign in which they finished sixth in the Premier League and were only able to qualify for the Europa League.

He joined Tottenham from Lyon in the summer of 2012 in a deal worth €15 million [£12m] and is a key part of the club’s plans under new manager Mauricio Pochettino.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mathieu Debuchy looks set to join Arsenal from Newcastle this summer. The France defender is reportedly on the verge of a move to the Emirates in a deal worth around £8m – rising to £12m with add-ons – and will provide a ready-made replacement for his national team-mate Bacary Sagna, who left to join Manchester City on a free transfer at the end of the season.

After France’s World Cup quarter-final defeat by Germany, he confirmed the news to a pitch-side reporter, telling TF1: “Yes, I will be joining Arsenal for next season.”
  • toheeb27
    Options
    K_Fisher wrote: »
    2m2fkp5.jpg

I Know this particular story is Bs but please oh please Woodward make it happen.However much he and his greasy agent want just throw it at them. The BEST PLAYER in the world.

• Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    linked to Lars ? again...
    Still talk of advanced negotiations w Alexis and Debuchy too...
    IF (big IF) we bring those 3 in soon that would be a very very positive window for us and gives us time to wait on a ST to become available.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    I've seen Alexis linked to yall, Liverpool and Juventus. We'll see what happens
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Freddie Adu Set For Trial With AZ

Former U.S. international Freddy Adu is set to begin a training spell with Dutch side AZ Alkmaar, the club announced via its Twitter feed.
    Once thought to be a future star of the U.S. national team, Adu, 25, has been going through a period of immense struggles lately. He has been without a club since last November, when he was released by Brazilian Serie A club Bahia.

Since then he has had training stints with English Championship side Blackpool as well as Norwegian club Stabaek, which is currently coached by Adu's one-time international manager, Bob Bradley.

Pfffft. Sad story.
  • Gooner
    Options
    I've seen Alexis linked to yall, Liverpool and Juventus. We'll see what happens

think it's between us and Juve... He doesn't seem to want Liverpool and they're now close to getting Markovic
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Newcastle are reviving interest in signing midfielder Wilfried Zaha from Manchester United, with the future of the young winger in doubt.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    West Ham United expect to formally announce the signing of Diego Poyet on Monday after holding talks over a five-year contract.
  • Gooner
    Options
    if City are really after Alexis now too w a ? €50m offer I'm gonna be sick
  • northside7
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »

I'm really trying not to hate city.
  • toheeb27
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

U can't do that. Can't bite the hand that feeds u.
  • Figo
    Options
    It will only be right if Sanchez go to Manchester city. Manuel pelligrini, as well as Sanchez hail from South America, and the team got that Latin vibes. And they're winners

Arsene Wenger will make him a scrub. Keep signing those French players.
  • northside7
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »

U can't do that. Can't bite the hand that feeds u.

I'll ? the hand and feed myself.
  • northside7
    Options
    Figo wrote: »
    It will only be right if Sanchez go to Manchester city. Manuel pelligrini, as well as Sanchez hail from South America, and the team got that Latin vibes. And they're winners

^He, Figo, will ask why Wenger keeps signing French players and that he needs to stop doing that. He then turns around and says Wenger needs to continue signing French players.

Arsenal all the time but never a peep about inter Milan.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • Figo
    Options
    Figo wrote: »

^He, Figo, will ask why Wenger keeps signing French players and that he needs to stop doing that. He then turns around and says Wenger needs to continue signing French players.

Arsenal all the time but never a peep about inter Milan.

Inter Milan is creeping back up in the ranks after winning all those a few years ago like all clubs does with changes. Kinda similar to when u guys won that trophy last year.

But This is and epl and la liga thread padna. EPL is the greatest league globally. Y'all got me on to it more than I'm usually is. And as I said b4, I want arsenal to excel. I no u peep that as well.

Arsenal haven't had a successful South American player since Gilberto, a DM.

only been successful with European talents, and will continue in that lane. Half that French team can start for arsenal an u no it.
  • Gooner
    Options
    Ashley Cole to Roma is official...