Boardwalk Empire FINAL SEASON

Options

Comments

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to Narcisse and Hoover?

You didn't watch the finale?

@CoonKillaThird‌ Of course I did.I was saying whatever happened to Hoover having Narcisee as an informant,but that article I posted says that basically in those 7 yrs the FBI had lost interest in black nationals and moved on to other ? .

They also said if the show wouldn't have ended we would have saw more of The Dr as an informant
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I tuink Tommy coming back to ? Nucky is mad corny. He got adopted and had a better life. He knew nothing of that life and they forced that ? . Dumb.

I've come conclusion that a teenage version of Tommy popping Nuck was the ending of Boardwalk before the rest of the episodes were conceived, thus the reason for the entire seven year jump. I felt that entire episode was moving hella slow and it was final confrontation with Nucky and Tommy that saved it. Nucky's "assassination," was a cold ass ending.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Capone was such an ? outside of home, I couldn't really get that emotional over that scene with his son.

I could because I got the real point: he was an actor. Remember he came in acting like he'd been to war when Jimmy pulled his card. His whole persona was a front EXCEPT to his son, and the subtle reasoning was because his son could never tell anyone.

When little homie threw up the dukes and he hugged him? All the gangsta bled right out him. Like how he went in the courtroom like a G even though he knew it was over when he saw Malone.
  • loch121
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I tuink Tommy coming back to ? Nucky is mad corny. He got adopted and had a better life. He knew nothing of that life and they forced that ? . Dumb.

I've come conclusion that a teenage version of Tommy popping Nuck was the ending of Boardwalk, thus the reason for the entire seven year jump. I felt that entire episode was moving hella slow and it was final confrontation with Nucky and Tommy that saved it. ? was a old ass ending.

Also i think that the jump was for showing the changing of the guard from old gangsters to the rise of the Mob and even more organized crime.

Ppl like Nucky were like independent gangsters who rose from being in the right place

• loch121
    Options
    Nucky DEAD Walter White DEAD Tony Soprano DEAD

I hope they got another anti hero/gangster/underworld show

Glad we still got GOT,The Walking Dead,The Strain,True Detective,American Horror Story,and The Leftovers

I'm choked up like Walter White took that last lap around the lab all over again almost

When Walt went I felt a way fr fr
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ppl like Nucky were like independent gangsters who rose from being in the right place

And Charlie, and Meyer didn't? You gotta realize, the only reason Al was in the Chi was because he got ran out of B'klyn. All of these dudes were in the "right place at the right time." Though interesting and because Nucky was the protagonist in "B E" those flashblacks were needless and didn't add much to the story. What would have final season epic would have to had based it on actually history.

After Joe the Boss gets popped, The Young Turks, (not the liberal news commentators, but young gangsters like Charlie, Vito Genovese, Albert Anastasia, Frank Costello, Joe Adonis, Willie Moretti, and Carlo Gambino decided to get rid of Maranzano after he declared himself "Boss of Bosses." However, Maranzo found out about Charlie's plan and of course he tried to act accordingly and we all saw the result. If feel it would have been better and more compelling television to see these two in a race to pop each other. Of course, you could tied Nucky into all of this by having choose sides with Maranzano (like he did,) then get shot or actually ride off into the sunset with Margaret and the kids.

• Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options

Glad we still got GOT,The Walking Dead,The Strain,True Detective,American Horror Story,and The Leftovers

I'm choked up like Walter White took that last lap around the lab all over again almost

dont mind Infamous, he's a ? . we all felt some type of way when Breaking Bad was over.

check out Sons Of Anarchy, its in its final season but you can always binge watch dvds or netflix.
  • loch121
    edited October 2014
    Options

And Charlie, and Meyer didn't? You gotta realize, the only reason Al was in the Chi was because he got ran out of B'klyn. All of these dudes were in the "right place at the right time." Though interesting and because Nucky was the protagonist in "B E" those flashblacks were needless and didn't add much to the story. What would have final season epic would have to had based it on actually history.

After Joe the Boss gets popped, The Young Turks, (not the liberal news commentators, but young gangsters like Charlie, Vito Genovese, Albert Anastasia, Frank Costello, Joe Adonis, Willie Moretti, and Carlo Gambino decided to get rid of Maranzano after he declared himself "Boss of Bosses." However, Maranzo found out about Charlie's plan and of course he tried to act accordingly and we all saw the result. If feel it would have been better and more compelling television to see these two in a race to pop each other. Of course, you could tied Nucky into all of this by having choose sides with Maranzano (like he did,) then get shot or actually ride off into the sunset with Margaret and the kids.

I'm just saying Nucky wasn't a made man in the mafia and was independent of the mafia
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao @ the dissapointment when he took his hat off
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Narcisse was easily the most unlikable crime figure on the show and that's saying a lot cause all these dudes were pieces of ?
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I literally finished breaking bad series a few hours ago and have been reading this thread this morning.

u damn near ? up the series for me sheeshhhh
  • loch121
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »

I literally finished breaking bad series a few hours ago and have been reading this thread this morning.

A year after a show goes off it's no longer a spoiler,it's TV history

If you don't know that darth vador is Luke's father by 2014,it's your fault

But it's no mystery that Walter White would die.You knew that from the 1st episode.There was no chance of Walter White not dying
  • loch121
    edited October 2014
    Options
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Michael Pitt, as many of you may recall, played Jimmy Darmody in the first two seasons of Boardwalk Empire before being killed off in the second season finale (some have suggested that it’s because Michael Pitt was a terror to work with).

However, back in July, Pitt — who was promoting a separate project — was asked how he thought the series should end. His response, according to E!:

“I think my son should assassinate Nucky Thompson,” Pitt said. “My son is about 11 now. Yeah, he needs to assassinate Nucky.”

And wouldn’t you know it, but that’s exactly what happened (only Tommy wasn’t 11; he was closer to 16, somehow).

http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/10/michael-pitt-spoiled-the-end-of-boardwalk-empire-months-ago-and-we-didnt-even-realize-it/
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just caught the trillness of his last words: basically summed up the whole last season in his last words.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nucky sold his soul for a seat at the table. He was a grimey dude...but he wasn't grimey enough. How the ? do you get out of the game and stick around like ? is sweet?

Dr. Narcisse walkin atound like ? is sweet.

http://youtu.be/unhzLjeHT9o

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »

Just caught the trillness of his last words: basically summed up the whole last season in his last words.

Simply put the players change but the game is the same
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »

Really tho? I assumed that ? was clear as day...
  • Go figure
    Options

But it's no mystery that Walter White would die.You knew that from the 1st episode.There was no chance of Walter White not dying

Yeah he was gonna die but the script couldve ended with him locked up. First time I began the season I wasnt into it n stopped watching til after it ended on tv. Last few weeks I been on a breaking bad binge up until yesterday. Didnt disappoint just didnt expect to see his name pop up in here
  • Go figure
    Options
    On another note they really dragged out the ending of boardwalk it made u feel like there was no story left even tho they couldve stretched the series a lot more. It lost some of its spark.

BE always been good for great dialogue mixed with action season 5 was a lot slower in both aspects.

If anyone had to ? nucky, tommy was the perfect character to do it. It still gives jimmys killing off from the series some justice.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched it yesterday still don't know how I feel about the way nucky got killed, great show sad to see it end.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    My official ranking of the seasons from best to worst now that the series is over:

• loch121
    Options

Yeah he was gonna die but the script couldve ended with him locked up. First time I began the season I wasnt into it n stopped watching til after it ended on tv. Last few weeks I been on a breaking bad binge up until yesterday. Didnt disappoint just didnt expect to see his name pop up in here

I had no doubt that a show that began with a cancer diagnoses and an attempted suicide would end in Walt dead

In fact the writers and the actor never hid the fact that Walt would die at the end

It was always a question of how

Nucky,Walt,Tony Soprano etc all anti heroes.Sense Sopranos the anti hero show has ruled

They often come up in convos together
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Series ended how it should

One question i have tho is what happened to Chalky?