Comments

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    loch121 wrote: »
    loch121 wrote: »
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Harrowing walking into the cat house literally shooting up the place was the greatest gun brawl of all time.

IDK about all time,but classic

The Deer Hunter and taxi Driver have great gun scenes and numerous movies

maybe the best shooting scene on a TV show though

wasnt there a pretty good one on the Wire with Omar? I remember him pullin some spiderman ? out of like the 4th floor of a building or some ? . refresh my memory, its been a while.

also the ending of Breaking Bad's shooting scene was dope.

Omar had a few crazy shootouts like with the lesbians in the street

Breaking bad was less of a shooting scene than a massacre with what jesse would call 'Science ? "

I guess that does count though

When Hank killed the cousins, that ? was the best in the series.

That was cold
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember back in the day playing soccer against this big Asian named Chuck and he almost scored a goal and he yelled "YEAH!!!" But it didn't go in so he immediately yelled "? !!!" And that's what I yelled when hank shot the second cousin but he had the vest on.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Season 3 & 4 had some really tense moments... pretty much every scene with Gyp and the scenes between Chalky and Narcisse, especially right before Gyp's death and when Chalky burned all that dope in front of Narcisse. This show had me on the edge of my seat multiple times.

Y'all think Meyer sent that dude after Nucky though? Bold if he did... I can't remember how many times Nucky spared his life in the past lol.
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But did the real Nuck and Meyer even have beef? I know this ? ain't 100% true. But ? is becoming ducktales. Like mention before this show should've just focused on the era. Great cast of characters.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But did the real Nuck and Meyer even have beef? I know this ? ain't 100% true. But ? is becoming ducktales. Like mention before this show should've just focused on the era. Great cast of characters.

The real life Nucky wasn't even no gangster like Steve Buscemi is.

This Nucky is fictionalize, of course it's ducktales.
  • loch121
    Options
    I guess the feds never check the upstairs of places they raid?

Al is on some classic Untouchables ?

Dude spazzing on Van Alden and he spazzing on Eli

Who would think they'd be rolling together.The Mob couple

Sexy ass Gillian bout to game this ? ? right out the jail/asylum.She's a GILF (grandmother I'd love to ? )

Nucky like "I'm qualified by being a ? ? gangster"

"It's complicated" .Nucky's marriage is a FB relationship status

As far as I know Meyer and Lucky never drifted apart so Lucky is lying,but maybe's it's to ? the new boss and not to fool Nucky.

Eli is gangster.Roof top

"Whatever Jew say"

I didn't even notice dude who hit Joe w/ Benny was Gyp's man

Aw ? ,Eli's son lied about them mentioning Nucky.I wonder which side he's on?

So they robbed Al to give AL his own money?

Eli getting merked if he keeps this ? up

Hole E ? .Dude is a fed

Son is lying.I don't believe Lansky did this

This dude is not trustworthy even thought Gyp deserved that.His days are numbered

No Chalky?

I thought old girl was gonna make Gillian eat her fur burger

pretty tame ep

Damn.I knew they brought him back to merk his ass

It would seem Nucky did that,but I wonder why and if he ordered that?

• Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Pretty good episode. once again, just as in the previous one, the flashbacks really dont do anything for me. now dont get me wrong the visual direction is astounding. it perfectly recreates that period. and based on that alone, should seriously warrant this season to be nominated for best cinematograpy. but it really does nothing to move the story along. its almost as if its wasting time at this point because its not really telling us anything we dont know. nucky has stated that his sister has passed and it was hard to cope.

everything else was good. even the scenes involving the more despised characters like gillian and willie. i knew the way the Pinkerton agent took down Gillian was enough to cause her mental anguish. so its no surprise she's in the ? bin. however when the Matron asked can she get what she asked for, i was thinking to myself "damn Gillian up to her old tricks again of trading for sexual favors". But this time, it turns out to be something quite different. The matron wants one of her dresses and in exchange, Gillian wants to be able use a pen and a pad. who is she trying to write?

I see willie is trying to go straight by getting into law. but it appears his family ties will inhibit him from doing so. i wonder if this will lead him down a life of crime. or if he can somehow landing a position with the U.S. attorney, would he then serve as a fly on the wall to the inner happenings of the government for his uncle

I would have to say the most entertaining duo on this episode was Eli and Van Alden. They play so well off of each other. The elevator exchanges were golden. and their actions would even turn into a comedy of errors. like when they steal the money from the Capone henchmen, and then shoot them. Only to give Capone back his own money they robbed lol. Capone is obviously at the peak of his empire now with the introduction of Elliott ness (lol @ prez taking down herc). He seems to have an inside man working exclusively within the operation

And as previosuly speculated, it was Lansky that orchestrated the attempted assassination hit on Nucky. With the assistance of Luciano. and i knew they were still on talking terms. but it appears Maranzano doesnt even know this. whats surprising is Tonnio (Gyp's right hand who stabbed him in the back) is working for him. Nucky also got him to confess that it was Lansky and Luciano who tried to take his life. and now he wants to work for him. I knew Nucky saw through that because if he stabbed Gyp in the back, whats to say he wont do the same to him? so he gift wrapped his ass (with one missing ear) to Meyer with a Cuba postcard. Im sure this was also payback for the Billie Kent explosion as well. nucky's muscle surely is building up his ear collection. I wonder if he's going to go to Maranzano about Luciano and Lansky working together?
  • loch121
    Options
    Tonono is the Jaime Lannister of the mob.King slayer

This ep was pretty boring
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    "Why must it always be pandemonium!?"

that line was so memorable. esp. considering the situation and the way he delivered it.

oh yea i forgot to add to my recap of this episode, which also happens to be something that greatly benefited it, was the fact of there not being any Margaret to have to suffer thru
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Good episode but like Ounceman said, the flashbacks are pointless. It still doesn't give me any more insight into Nucky as a person. Lol that Cuban dude is a cold-blooded killer.
    tumblr_nbx5zo6HnQ1rlb6iho4_400.gif
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see JFK dad popped up and is in next week episode. Wonder how him and Nuck relationship is gonna play out.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    Options
    Seeing Joe Kennedy is dope as ?
  • TRILLip Brooks
    Options
    I really hate how they imply Capone was the one who ordered the hit on Torrio. Historically, no such thought existed

Good episode
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the flashbacks.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited September 2014
    Options
    VAN ALDEN BACK! VAN ALDEN BACK!
    aaaaaaand my sunday night lol's have returned.
    "why do the clouds float in the sky?"
    "....is this a joke?"
    *dead*

eli lookin baaaaaaaad. i never liked him but seeing him like that is kinda sad.

seeing eliot ness (lol @ prez) & kennedy got me hype

people gon keep ? with nucky til they learn. lol @ the song they played when they showed tonino's snake ass dead body at the end. the lyrics were ether.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Pretty good episode. once again, just as in the previous one, the flashbacks really dont do anything for me. now dont get me wrong the visual direction is astounding. it perfectly recreates that period. and based on that alone, should seriously warrant this season to be nominated for best cinematograpy. but it really does nothing to move the story along. its almost as if its wasting time at this point because its not really telling us anything we dont know. nucky has stated that his sister has passed and it was hard to cope.

everything else was good. even the scenes involving the more despised characters like gillian and willie. i knew the way the Pinkerton agent took down Gillian was enough to cause her mental anguish. so its no surprise she's in the ? bin. however when the Matron asked can she get what she asked for, i was thinking to myself "damn Gillian up to her old tricks again of trading for sexual favors". But this time, it turns out to be something quite different. The matron wants one of her dresses and in exchange, Gillian wants to be able use a pen and a pad. who is she trying to write?

I see willie is trying to go straight by getting into law. but it appears his family ties will inhibit him from doing so. i wonder if this will lead him down a life of crime. or if he can somehow landing a position with the U.S. attorney, would he then serve as a fly on the wall to the inner happenings of the government for his uncle

I would have to say the most entertaining duo on this episode was Eli and Van Alden. They play so well off of each other. The elevator exchanges were golden. and their actions would even turn into a comedy of errors. like when they steal the money from the Capone henchmen, and then shoot them. Only to give Capone back his own money they robbed lol. Capone is obviously at the peak of his empire now with the introduction of Elliott ness (lol @ prez taking down herc). He seems to have an inside man working exclusively within the operation

And as previosuly speculated, it was Lansky that orchestrated the attempted assassination hit on Nucky. With the assistance of Luciano. and i knew they were still on talking terms. but it appears Maranzano doesnt even know this. whats surprising is Tonnio (Gyp's right hand who stabbed him in the back) is working for him. Nucky also got him to confess that it was Lansky and Luciano who tried to take his life. and now he wants to work for him. I knew Nucky saw through that because if he stabbed Gyp in the back, whats to say he wont do the same to him? so he gift wrapped his ass (with one missing ear) to Meyer with a Cuba postcard. Im sure this was also payback for the Billie Kent explosion as well. nucky's muscle surely is building up his ear collection. I wonder if he's going to go to Maranzano about Luciano and Lansky working together?

Goated this ? but not reading until I watch later...

Glad to see you back on yo ? fam...lol
  • loch121
    Options
    I like the flashbacks.

I like them too and I'm sure they lead to something

Kinda always wondered about Nucky's rise to power
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    "Why must it always be pandemonium!?"

I busted out laughing on this part.
  • loch121
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Just really peeped the fact that Nucky was planning on killing dude from the jump,that's why he sat under the Billy Kent picture.

Why does Lucky and Lansky need Nucky dead?

My only guess is they want AC,but bootlegging is basically over and Nucky isn't in the mafia,so how does he pose a threat?

• loch121
    Options
    it's sill also because if you know history and BE sticks to it,which they sometimes do,there's no way Nucky can win this war because Lucky and lansky go on to live long lives
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BTW for what its worth, a young Nucky seemed like a pretty stand up kid.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its clear eli is picking up his fathers bad habits. We see how nucky is becoming what he is. Im feelin this season.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gillian got some big nipples btw