Comments

• ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought that was Giancarlo that saved nucky at first
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now this one is in the time frame.. Mafia Commission.. Lucky Luciano was that ? .. Who wanted to run the commision as a business. and told all the Dons no war. Peace.. Don't bring attention.. No bs. Drama.. He was killing Don's who contiue to fight wars.. that brought heat.. Like he killed that ? in coney island.. Who also killed that ? Dutch. who was trying to killed a Federal Proscutor.. Commission told him no. ? said ? the commission.. Lucky had him killed..

In real life.. Lucy and Bumpy Johnson from Harlem Were good Friends.. Bumpy saved Lucy in a Jail setup..
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nuck doing it big

Chalky is not.....Daaaaaaamn homie

Dude took himself out after such a motivational speech

Chalky wanna ? that ? and them white ppl

.The pop off popped off.Chalky ? that dude all up.Trailer gave that away

I knew that cooning ? was putting up a front

I was wondering when that would happen with Lucky and Joe

Dude got his head bust for real

Why did that dude attack Nucky? Who sent him? and why did that ? take his ear?

before AIDS I guess mixing blood was okay

LMFAO did Meyer send that hitman since he lied about being married?

That trailer is nuts for the upcoming eps
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    Nuck doing it big

It was meyers.. When Nucky went up to the chick that he thought was his wife.. It was a ? .. So now he knows..
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Descent episode

The flashbacks is cool but I hope the don't get as much screen time in future episodes as they did this one
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    MeTaL wrote: »
    Nuck doing it big

It was meyers.. When Nucky went up to the chick that he thought was his wife.. It was a ? .. So now he knows..

I also think that Lanksy and Luciano are plotting their own power play for importing/exporting Caribbean liquor. thats why meyer is in Cuba. Like when he told nucky him and Luciano arent on speaking terms. Obviously thats ?

Good episode overall. nice way to start the season. although im not sure how i feel about the flashbacks. while the cinematography was captivating and gorgeous to look at, i feel like its wasting time during a season thats only 8 episodes. Im sure Winter is trying to show the audience how Nucky became the way he is, but is it necessary at this point? i mean i thought it was already proven in season 4 that the show is at its best when the focus is on the supporting characters rather than the lead. i dont know i guess ill be patient and see how it all ties in the end.

I also rebuke Winter for skipping over Rothstein's death. That was a major event you dont just gloss over. And now all we're left with is Margaret's wall street ? . For someone who despised her character, i thought her scenes paired with Rothstein (as brief as they were) were quite interesting. But now he's gone, and it shows. although the scene where dude budd Dwyer'd himself was pretty dope.

Luciano joining the Italian crime family syndicate and his orchestrated hit on Masseria was poetic.

I wonder how Chalky landed in prison. His escape with the ? , however will be his unraveling. Teaming up with a ? who needs help in understanding how to operate a telephone just spells disaster. can't wait for next week
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    hol up so meyer lansky set nucky up??? holy ? .
  • loch121
    edited September 2014
    Options
    MeTaL wrote: »
    Nuck doing it big

At least they made it seem that way,but I'm still doubtful

Not that it matters,but that totally flies off the rails of the real story,which BE will do,but that's a big change
  • loch121
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Damn so Rothstein is already dead huh? I hope they explain that

Wusup w/ HBO and these 8 episode last seasons

yall heard of scriptfag on 4Chan who be having inside info on BE?

he got real inside info and been had it for seasons
    https://archive.moe/_/search/username/scriptfag/page/1/
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? margret better die this season. Ain't no way that hoe makes it out alive
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whats the point of Margret is Rothstien is dead, and I'm more interested in Lucky than I am with Nucky atm.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Overall a good episode. I'll probably watch it again before Sunday. I missed how big of a time jump there was but it definitely seemed like chalky aged a lot. I guess that's to show that he's been going thru a lot.

Not a fan of the Nucky flashbacks. I don't hate it but I'd rather focus on the other characters. I agree that Rothstein's death deserves attention. I'm sure they'll reference it thru Margaret but I'd like more coverage.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Besides Masseria getting killed, that was an alright 1st episode. Boardwalk Empire is one of those shows where you have no attachment to the main character lol. I'm completely indifferent when it comes to Nucky.
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Besides Masseria getting killed, that was an alright 1st episode. Boardwalk Empire is one of those shows where you have no attachment to the main character lol. I'm completely indifferent when it comes to Nucky.

I ? with all the characters outside of Margret, I just think her storyline is a waist of screen time. Could have gave more time to Capone, Chalky or Lucky. I'm guessing the writers are trying to bank of that role for the female audience,but im like ? them hoes we watch this show to see some gangster ? . I don't give a ? bout a ? in Manhattan who couldnt even hold it down for nucky like a real woman should. Let them broads tune in to lifetime for that type of ? !!
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Was the Masseria hit the one they based that one hit Michael Corleone did in the ? Father?

Honestly tho, the only character that I like left, is Chalky. Chalky was really a ? over that ? broad. Dunn is dead and he cracked me up. And Richard Harrow... I don't need to rehash those emotions while I'm this tired.

Outside of Chalky, I just think so many of the dudes are scumbags. Like I know the downfall is coming for most of them, I guess I should just sit back and enjoy the unraveling because most of them deserve it. I was kind of caught up in the romantic idea of being an outlaw during a time with some stupid laws, but after they killed Richard Harrow it really exposed me to what they all really are, horrible human beings that hurt a ton of other people and it kind of destroyed the romance around the lifestyles.

I still think its an awesome show and obviously I'm gonna watch until the end, its just weird watching a show where I don't really care when bad stuff happens the main characters at this point.
  • loch121
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I will never get the hate these female characters get on this show. Marg is sexy to me actually and ? Nucky was ? all type of ? and ? ,so he ain't even that upset

Question?Does Nucky know she ? dude?

I also don't get why some ppl don't like Nucky,the star of the show
  • infamous114
    Options
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    ^ should make that a gta wasted pic
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will never get the hate these female characters get on this show. Marg is sexy to me actually and ? Nucky was ? all type of ? and ? ,so he ain't even that upset

Question?Does Nucky know she ? dude?

I also don't get why some ppl don't like Nucky,the star of the show

I dont hate the Margret Character, she dont bother me like most here. But I dont want to get huge amounts of screen time like they did in season 3. That ? was overboard.

I want to know more about how chalky got caught up and whats his plan. Ohh and Im waiting for Van Alden
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ounceman
    edited September 2014
    Options

Which is why I think centering the story around nucky was a big mistake. Boardwalk Empire is a show that has one of the best (if not the best) ensemble casts on tv right now. So many great actors on the show that completely own their characters. So why not play to your strengths? How I think it should've started was with the common theme, being prohibition, taking center. How it affects the characters lives, how they adapt, how it set the stage for the infamous reign of some mobsters, how some even capitalize on it like racketeering, and how the characters all cross paths even. Creating a sprawling narrative like the wire and game of thrones. So kind of like now, but without having the need or the obligation to always come back to Nucky and Atlantic city. Which is something I think is hindering (and always hindered) the show.
  • infamous114
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »

Which is why I think centering the story around nucky was a big mistake. Boardwalk Empire is a show that has one of the best (if not the best) ensemble casts on tv right now. So many great actors on the show that completely own their characters. So why not play to your strengths? How I think it should've started was with the common theme, being prohibition, taking center. How it affects the characters lives, how they adapt, how some even capitalize on it like racketeering, and how the characters may cross paths even. Creating a sprawling narrative like the wire and game of thrones. So kind of like now, but without having the need to always come back to Nucky and Atlantic city. Which is something I think is hindering (and always hindered) the show.

"It helped that Steve Buscemi’s draggy Nucky spent much of the season in exile. Never one for deep layers of subtlety, Winter stashed him in an abandoned hotel called “The Albatross” (!) and devoted the bulk of his attention to the livelier personalities who had been thriving on the fringes, notably Stephen Graham’s manic Al Capone, Shea Whigham’s mournful Eli Thompson, and Richard Harrow, the scarred hit man played with melancholic grace by Jack Huston. Best of all, Winter elevated Michael Kenneth Williams’s fascinating Chalky White from supporting character to lead and then provided him with a foil worthy of the show’s often unrealized champagne dreams."

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/hbo-boardwalk-empire-finale-final-season/
  • Ounceman
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »

Which is why I think centering the story around nucky was a big mistake. Boardwalk Empire is a show that has one of the best (if not the best) ensemble casts on tv right now. So many great actors on the show that completely own their characters. So why not play to your strengths? How I think it should've started was with the common theme, being prohibition, taking center. How it affects the characters lives, how they adapt, how some even capitalize on it like racketeering, and how the characters may cross paths even. Creating a sprawling narrative like the wire and game of thrones. So kind of like now, but without having the need to always come back to Nucky and Atlantic city. Which is something I think is hindering (and always hindered) the show.

"It helped that Steve Buscemi’s draggy Nucky spent much of the season in exile. Never one for deep layers of subtlety, Winter stashed him in an abandoned hotel called “The Albatross” (!) and devoted the bulk of his attention to the livelier personalities who had been thriving on the fringes, notably Stephen Graham’s manic Al Capone, Shea Whigham’s mournful Eli Thompson, and Richard Harrow, the scarred hit man played with melancholic grace by Jack Huston. Best of all, Winter elevated Michael Kenneth Williams’s fascinating Chalky White from supporting character to lead and then provided him with a foil worthy of the show’s often unrealized champagne dreams."

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/hbo-boardwalk-empire-finale-final-season/

GOAT'd and repped. I read that entire article and can't agree with author enough. He hit the nail right on the head and he shares my sentiments exactly. And many of the reasons he listed was also why season 4 was my personal favorite
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • loch121
    edited September 2014
    Options
    BE should get credit for possibly having it's best season be it's 4th

I loved all seasons,but season 4 had so much emotion and I guess I'm biased because I want to see black ppl because I'm black

I always wanted the story to tell more about Chalky,because Chalky is interesting

I also ? w/ Richard so it was good seeing more of him

Ppl be mad Jimmy died,but his story end was very interesting and his death showed anybody can get it